Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,160 members, 7,829,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4420440 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
Aim07:
pls which supermarket stock this soap in Lagos. thanks

Easiest place to find Dove Pure and Sensitive soap is at the supermarket in Mega Plaza, in VI. It is always there. Do you know it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:11pm On Sep 02, 2016
Mamas, something just came to my mind. I saw 2 very beautiful prayers right now and it made me think, "why are we not doing it here?"

I remember when growing up, we always had Saturday Morning prayer. Do you think it's possible that can be done here? It doesn't need to be everyone, just one person can write a few words of prayer and maybe add a bible verse, on Saturday mornings. We have children, we know children and are all connected to a community that has crumbled away but we are still a community. So let's build it back up, slowly. Anyone can do it, nothing like too much prayer. I'll encourage anyone who wants to start tomorrow morning to please do so. Thanks.

From time to time, I'll be thinking up any ideas we can use to strengthen our community. I also encourage to join me. It's not about Nairaland, it's about us as women, mothers and our country.

Btw, I am NOT THE CLASS CAPTAIN OF THIS THREAD, SO EVERYONE BERRA START CONTRIBUTING OR ELSE I WILL COME WITH KOBOKO TO EVERYONE'S HOUSE!! WE WILL HOLD ELECTIONS!!! angry grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2016
DIY FITTED CLOTH NAPPY TUTORIAL.

INTRODUCTION:

It will be done in 4 parts: each part may be sub sectioned into a,b, c ....... due to NL not allowing more than 4 photos. I will try and describe each process as best as i can.

As I havent done this before , so it will be a work in progress and i will be making it up as as we go along, so bear with me. It may take up to a few days.

PART 1: Supplies

Part 2: Making of your rough pattern

Part 3: Fine-tuning the pattern and cutting out your pieces

Part 4: Sewing and construction

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
Onegai:
Mamas, something just came to my mind. I saw 2 very beautiful prayers right now and it made me think, "why are we not doing it here?"

I remember when growing up, we always had Saturday Morning prayer. Do you think it's possible that can be done here? It doesn't need to be everyone, just one person can write a few words of prayer and maybe add a bible verse, on Saturday mornings. We have children, we know children and are all connected to a community that has crumbled away but we are still a community. So let's build it back up, slowly. Anyone can do it, nothing like too much prayer. I'll encourage anyone who wants to start tomorrow morning to please do so. Thanks.

From time to time, I'll be thinking up any ideas we can use to strengthen our community. I also encourage to join me. It's not about Nairaland, it's about us as women, mothers and our country.

Btw, I am NOT THE CLASS CAPTAIN OF THIS THREAD, SO EVERYONE BERRA START CONTRIBUTING OR ELSE I WILL COME WITH KOBOKO TO EVERYONE'S HOUSE!! WE WILL HOLD ELECTIONS!!! angry grin

grin; D I fear koboko o... I'll join... in fact I've started mine right away

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
So, for all the mama's that tried Semolina as a cereal, how is it working out still? I decided to try Millet flour as a cereal and it wasn't quite a success: it was gritty in texture, not sweet. What did you do differently?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fabmummy: 7:15pm On Sep 02, 2016
U are super intelligent mama @onegai, I just had to say it! Weldone

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:17pm On Sep 02, 2016
Fabmummy:

Awww thank you. Still learning though.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:56pm On Sep 02, 2016
So, this may not mean much to anyone but it meant a bit to me. A while back, I met a mum who told me there were 2 types of Cerelac and one was better than the other. I didn't believe her but I now have some evidence of it, so I'll share and you all decide what you want to do.

There is Celerac for Africa and for European markets. They are different. I took a picture so you can see the differences.

1. Colour of cover is different: EU cerelac has yellow cover, African cerelac has white/clear cover.

2. Price: EU is more expensive than African. Also the foreign one dissolves faster.

3. Height: EU is taller but they are the same quantity.

4. Ingredients: this is the interesting part. The EU cerelac has very little sugar in it. The African cerelac is loaded with sugar. Check the ingredients, taste it to confirm. A lot of sugar. It's very sweet.

Now, for mums trying to avoid excess sugar (trying to avoid Peak123 milk), this defeats the purpose. For mothers who give their kids cerelac and see the child refusing any other meal, can't blame them: the cerelac is loaded with sugar, everything else tastes bitter. This may be a cause of "my baby refuses everything", because our doctor recommended we try and avoid too many over-sweet things during intro to solids. The EU has guidelines on things like sugar in cereal (the U.S. has different more lax laws). It's a health thing.

So you can decide what to do now. Probably not give too much cerelac if it's the African one when you're starting solids so you don't have a baby who gets used to very sweet stuff and rejects anything else.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maureensylvia(f): 8:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
Onegai:

Where did you buy a Childrens bible from please?

Prettyhurts, I've read a bit about your situation on Babycenter so maybe look there. I think you have to go to doctor.

#TeamSebamed and #TeamNoPap, how market? How is dollar treating una grin grin grin I'm joking o!

hmmm no b small tin o ooo

sebamed wey b 5500 don increase to 7200, make I'm dey dia for now make i dey use boots till dem reduce d price
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
maureensylvia:

hmmm no b small tin o ooo

sebamed wey b 5500 don increase to 7200, make I'm dey dia for now make i dey use boots till dem reduce d price

grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maureensylvia(f): 8:57pm On Sep 02, 2016
Fabmummy:

as in ehhh

no b small thing

she b d CAPTAIN of dis thread

unoppose!!!!!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nky4success(f): 8:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
Onegai:

Red is blood o. Unless you gave her something red to eat and it was undigested, red is blood. And blood is seen when the poop is hard and bumbum tears. But if her poop is soft and you're seeing blood, please take her diaper and the poop to a hospital asap. They will test it. They just need a sample from the day you go to the hospital.
thanks for d reply, what I mean is dat d bombom has a reddish scar like nla and the poo was greenish in color and something like catarrh
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aim07(f): 9:01pm On Sep 02, 2016
Onegai:

Easiest place to find Dove Pure and Sensitive soap is at the supermarket in Mega Plaza, in VI. It is always there. Do you know it?
Thanks a lot, very far from where I stay Ikorodu. Its not even my route self, I will see if I get it here.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:06pm On Sep 02, 2016
maureensylvia:

as in ehhh

no b small thing

she b d CAPTAIN of dis thread

unoppose!!!!!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:11pm On Sep 02, 2016
nky4success:
thanks for d reply, what I mean is dat d bombom has a reddish scar like nla and the poo was greenish in color and something like catarrh

Hmm, I can't remember what nla is again o. But this sounds like 2 unrelated incidents. How often do you change diapers, what do you currently use in changing diapers and what diapers? As for the green poop I know it has been discussed here but honestly I can't remember. Sabi mamas?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:12pm On Sep 02, 2016
nky4success:

Please answer her.

Modified, I think I agree with Blank, maybe it's the constant poop. But don't allow anyone make you take antibiotics unless they have some test to show you it's antibacterial. I checked the search and people said nla is a fungal infection. Would you mind posting a pic of it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2016
stadora:

pls tokin abt ds cloth diaper and wipes of a tin, can u throw more light on how i can go about 2 make 1 4 my lo. D material i wil use in makin it. My lo now goes naked due to lack of diaper. Pictures wil b apreciated. Also is there anytin like washable diaper in d market? Thanks
Hahahaha, I no fit laff o a beg, Buhari no go kill us. Diaper vs cereal vs jar food.
may God help us.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
nky4success:

Greenish poop with mucus can mean that the baby is drooling a lot and the saliva is too much to be digested so it comes out the same way. It could also be allergies or worse an infection if it's really slimy with green streaks. Does she also have a fever?

However, eliminate other things like if you have started your baby on greenish foods like pea purees and other vegetables. Also, if she has just started iron fortified milk, it can cause greenish poop.

For the rash, it could be the effect of the slimy poop thus her bum is always wet and causes friction.

Seek a doctor's opinion as there may be infections or allergies. Let them run tests not just prescribing antibiotics.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizOmalicha(f): 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2016
soonest:

If the pooh is soft and not hard then it's normal. Some babies make some grunting sound when they are pooing, but he shouldn't be in distress.
Thanks alot dear, saw a pead 2day and he confirmed that my boy is very ok and its normal for babies 2make funny faces n sometimes sound when pooing..
I appreciate alot

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 10:02pm On Sep 02, 2016
Please am interested in the book sharing. I stay atvdopemu.that is far far away iyanaipaja mainland side.
How do we collect the money. How do we meet.how do we share d books.

Thank u mamas..
Kisses to our los
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:24pm On Sep 02, 2016
Peacettw, thorpido and all other doctors, please I would like to invite you to drop in from time to time in this thread. Peacettw, I really feel we will need some of your helpful advice soon (I read your thread on taking care of babies and I would like for you to come share with us mums). Thanks o.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
Cloth nappy tutorial update.

So as not to take up much space, I think i will open a new thread and drop the link here.... as e be like say na epistle upon epistle e go be oh...

That way we can all focus on the purpose of this thread and those interested in the tutorials can follow the tutorial in a different space and ask questions without derailing this one.

Good night people

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 11:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
Onegai:
So, this may not mean much to anyone but it meant a bit to me.

1. Colour of cover is different: EU cerelac has yellow cover, African cerelac has white/clear cover.
You are very correct. The Nigerian cerelac is very sweet compared to the EU one

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by legendsmother(f): 11:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
Lol @ onegai noted grin didn't know there were different types of cerelac nd see how you make it easy to understand tnks Jareh God bless u plenty

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 12:10am On Sep 03, 2016
Onegai:
How to Make Clothe Wipes

MATERIALS

flannel blanket N600
Thin towel (a thin one will dry faster, as thin as baby washcloth) N150
Scissors
Needle
Thread
Carton

HOW-TO

1. From the carton, either measure out any size you want for the wipe size. I put my hand on the carton and free cut a square that will cover it. Use freehand or use a ruler. Cut it out. This will serve as your pattern.

2. Put that carton pattern on top of the flannel blanket and the thin towel and cut it out.

3. Sew it together either using blanket stitch at the edge (I checked YouTube and saw it so I can't really describe it) or take it to a tailor and ask them to sew the edges for you with the machine they use to whip edges of fabric like chiffon. So it doesn't unravel.

These wipes should easily last you over a year (we are still using mine and I see them being good for 2 kids), max is that the flannel side will fade from constant washing. You can start using them from when baby is born instead of using cotton. We discussed earlier why some of us started using cloth wipes so please take a look.

You can easily with the tailor's help make 30 wipes in a day. I'm not a good tailor (I just started using a needle and thread last year) so hopefully other mamas with sewing experience can chip in.

HOW TO USE

simply pour it dip into water. If you are have money, you can make diaper wipe solution from oils and soap but a few drops of Baby wash and coconut oil in water is enough to keep the bum clean. Store either in a nylon bag or we can do tutorial on sewing a diaper bag, until ready to wash and reuse. Wash it the same way you wash laundry (rinse it very well so no soap residue remains, need to boil and drying it under the hot sun helps kill a lot of bad germs and bacteria). Once a month or week you can soak it in bleach after washing, rinse and hang to dry.

C.c rofemiguwa, stadora, uany other interested mums. This is super affordable and even if you pay a tailor N1000 for his work, you are spending less than N2000 on wipes for over a year.

Thanks 4 d detailed explanations.
If i may ask pls, whats the essence of d carton, can i sow only d flannel n towel 2geda, since d wipes wil b washed, wount d carton b soaked?
Also, in using d wipes, can i just soak it in water or just only in oil to make it wet?
Pls dont mind my too many questions. Stil tryin to understand.
Thanks alot.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 2:54am On Sep 03, 2016
God bless all d mamas here, i have really learnt alot.. U guys are saving a soul.. Kudos....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by orangesky: 5:21am On Sep 03, 2016
Severe wrist pain 4months after delivery.plz what can I do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 6:33am On Sep 03, 2016
orangesky:
Severe wrist pain 4months after delivery.plz what can I do?
Check it out with your Dr.

Mummy Onegai, I don't know how to qualify u. U r just the best, thanks for those tips about the color and painting stuff. Pls how do I get the edible paints?

AlphaHandMaiden, under what section should we check for the Tutorial thread?

God bless u mamas for us.

Let's keep this thread more active as mumi onegai is doing presently.

More questions are entertained and answers/solutions will be provided.

Expect "tough love answers from sabi mamas", don't take it personal, its all borne out of love.

New mamas, pop in. I will always help u to copy sabi mamas monikers like fortius always do.

Meanwhile u can cc these mamas for prompt response: onegai, soonest, helovesme, babythug, AlphaHandMaiden, mitchyy, enkaydewdrop, fortius, Liftedhands, Gaily04, stadora, sayyody. plenry experienced mamas full here Jor.

I love u all.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 6:42am On Sep 03, 2016
stadora:

Thanks 4 d detailed explanations.
If i may ask pls, whats the essence of d carton, can i sow only d flannel n towel 2geda, since d wipes wil b washed, wount d carton b soaked?
Also, in using d wipes, can i just soak it in water or just only in oil to make it wet?
Pls dont mind my too many questions. Stil tryin to understand.
Thanks alot.
from my understanding, the purpose of the carton is to get accurate measure/size for the flannel u r cutting. U first cut the carton to d size u want and use it as a guide for the flannel for accuracy.
The carton is not to be part of the flannel but just a measuring guide.
I don't know if am making sense?

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 6:49am On Sep 03, 2016
Onegai:

Please answer her.

Modified, I think I agree with Blank, maybe it's the constant poop. But don't allow anyone make you take antibiotics unless they have some test to show you it's antibacterial. I checked the search and people said nla is a fungal infection. Would you mind posting a pic of it?
Its Eela not nla.
if its a fungal infection, Whitfield is the best ointment for fungal infection. she should apply it 3x daily, it will clear it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 6:58am On Sep 03, 2016
dunnybaby:

Thanks for the prompt response,may God answer u promptly,no ther is no Arabic on it and it is made in germany ,its d lotion not soap,I use black soap for them right from time. We just relocated and I don't knw if d water suits them without any disinfectant,am really not happy cos hubby doesn't believe in all this expensive soap and cream for kids BT I went ahead to buy it,d money for cook soup o lol
Blue seal Vaseline is good for babies if u can't find original ori, baby tetmosol soap is also great for bathing them.
"proudlyteamvaseline"
"teampapforlife"
"amaproudmum"

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 03, 2016
Gudmrn Mothers
Our Father In Heaven, We Tank U For Dis Forum, We Tank U For D Privillelledge To Be Called A Mother, We Tank U For All Our Various Husband, We Tank U For Our Children, We Tank U For The Wisdom U Gv To The Mothers Here To Always Answer Questns, And For The Many Blessings We Have All Expirence From The Begning Of This Yr Til Date. Father Lord, Today We Ask Of U To Protect Our Children N Help Them Grow In The Ways Of The God, Father We Ask, That The Darkness Of This World Will Nt Over Shadow Them, Among There Comtempuraries They Shall Grt8, Our Little Ones Shall Be Single Out For Blessings In The Midts Of Many. Sickness Will Nt See Dem. Father In Heaven We Also Tnk U For Our Husband, We Ask Lord Dat U Bless Dem 4 Us, Teach Them Hw 2 Lov Us, Father We Ask That U Increase Them In Evry Area, Father Blees Them In The Work Of There Hands N Protect Dem Frm Evry Evil. Father Lord We Are The Helpers In Our Home, Teach Us Hw To Love N B Humble In

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.