Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,420 members, 7,836,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4431646 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:38am On Sep 03, 2016
stadora:

Thanks 4 d detailed explanations.
If i may ask pls, whats the essence of d carton, can i sow only d flannel n towel 2geda, since d wipes wil b washed, wount d carton b soaked?
Also, in using d wipes, can i just soak it in water or just only in oil to make it wet?
Pls dont mind my too many questions. Stil tryin to understand.
Thanks alot.

Contem2011 is right, the carton is just for measuring easily. Don't sew the carton inside it please. You can use plain water to clean up but some people feel that they need a bit more cleaning so you mix small soap and coconut oil (which has a lot of nice helpful properties for the skin) in the water and clean. I'll explain more with pics after prayers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:39am On Sep 03, 2016
Amen and thank you to Dunamit for starting us off with prayers.
Good morning everyone. Please let's have another word or two of prayer and then start the day.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 7:50am On Sep 03, 2016
Good morning all,

Thanks Dunamit for starting the prayer session.
Thanks Onegai for instigating it.

Just a quick one, dunamit can you please amend this section of your prayer "We Thank U Becos We Are Nt In TTC Forum"
It can be read to mean we are more fortunate than them in some way which we are not.

I know you mean well, and i understanĸ what you are trying to say but this part can be worded differently to convey a more inclusive message.

Perhaps you can amend it to

"thank you Lord for the gifts of conception, sound pregnancy and a safe delivery and we pray that our sisters( and brothers) in the TTC and pregnancy forums experience your grace and mercy and join us here soon. "

#Team ONEGAI for class captain! grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 03, 2016
.....To B Humbld In Our Home, Father God In Heaven Gv Us Wisdom That Wil Help Us To Run The Afairs Of Our Home. Bless Us In Our Various Endevours, Help Us To B a Blessins In Our Home N To Our Husbnd N Childrn.
Father Lord We Ask That U Gv More Wisdom To All The Mothers Who Out There Tith Scheldul, Loss There Sleep, There Data Just To Ansa Evry Questions Here, FATHER GV THEM A SPECIAL BLESSING IN THESE SEASON. (soonest ozycy liftedhands onegai helovesme feddy27 missmalachi alphahandmaiden maureensylvia onegai blank fortius comtem2011 adorablemom02 fina4804 zaynie lovinam andall the mothers here)
And For The TTC Women we ask that u bless there womb with children, for the pregnant mothers on the oda page, they shall all deliver safely n sound in jesus name.
We Ask That U Gv Us Unity On This Forum. Help Us To Understand Our Selfs. Provide For Every One Here In Jesus Name We Have Prayed AMENNNN

15 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 03, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:
Good morning all,

Thanks Dunamit for starting the prayer session.
Thanks Onegai for instigating it.

Just a quick one, dunamit can you please amend this section of your prayer "We Thank U Becos We Are Nt In TTC Forum"
It can be read to mean we are more fortunate than them in some way which we are not.

I know you mean well, and i understanĸ what you are trying to say but this part can be worded differently to convey a more inclusive message.

Perhaps you can amend it to

"thank you Lord for the gifts of conception, sound pregnancy and a safe delivery and we pray that our sisters( and brothers) in the TTC and pregnancy forums experience your grace and mercy and join us here soon. "

tnk u mam ma i just did
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 8:20am On Sep 03, 2016
orangesky:
Severe wrist pain 4months after delivery.plz what can I do?
Carpal tunnel syndrome it will go with time! Try and use bandaid to tie the hand it gives relief.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:23am On Sep 03, 2016
Thank you Lord for everything. For our lives, for our loved ones, for our children, for the fact that we are here today. We are grateful.

We are sorry for our sins and we come to you repentant. Show us your merciful face, Father.

We welcome you into our hearts today. We pray You perfect everything concerning our little ones. Father, we tremble at the task ahead of bringing up great men and women who work in your sight but You have not given us a heart of fear. Please help us to be good stewards of our children.

We pray for expecting mothers, may they put to bed with ease, may they enter the delivery room and come out with a success story.

We pray for those trying to conceive. Lord, grant them their heart's desire, make them fruitful, put the enemy to shame. We call them "Mothers" because that will be their name soon in Jesus' name.

In these turbulent times, watch over everyone. Grant is our heart's desires according to your wishes. Give healing to those who need it. Help us to take our rightful place in society as Women of Faith and Achievers.

Thank you for always loving us. Thank you, Father. Amen.

16 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:24am On Sep 03, 2016
Orangesky, it sounds like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I think you should mention it to your doctor. please any need for her to wear a brace? Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:25am On Sep 03, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:26am On Sep 03, 2016
comtem2011:

AlphaHandMaiden, under what section should we check for the Tutorial thread?

I am still working on it. NL is not the best at categorizing sections so it will likely go under fashion or education Even though it doesnt really fit in either!

I think there should be an art and craft section on here but hey.

(Ogbeni Seun, please review and open one for us crafters abeg)

Modification: I may just put it in the general section. Will let you all know when its up and running. If you have any ideas to the best section please let me know.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 8:29am On Sep 03, 2016
Amen dunamit! Thanks for the prayer.

Onegai so true about the cerelac the "naija" one is very sugary! That you will feel the crystals when stirring sef.
Well-done mama I'm all for DIY! Very good thing you and AlphahandMaiden is doing God bless.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 8:30am On Sep 03, 2016
orangesky:
Severe wrist pain 4months after delivery.plz what can I do?
sorry, thought I saw waist pain. It will go, u can get lofnac gel to massage and use bandage to support it especially when carrying baby or heavy object.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:46am On Sep 03, 2016
Good morning Babythug, Zemaye and Tojued, Evamum and any other mamas with new babies. How goes it?

LiftesHands and ocyzy, DrAda shared here that Peak123 milk was very sugary. Imagine combining it with Nigerian Cerelac and then expecting a weaning baby not to complain when offered Nigerian food (which is savoury and not sweet). I remember in my lactation class our facilitator told us there was no such thing as "Follow-Up milk" for toddlers, that it was a marketing gimmick by companies to sell regular whole milk to children, add sugar and rack up the price from normal milk. Your toddler can drink Dano Full cream or any Fill cream or whole milk.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 11:32am On Sep 03, 2016
Thank you lord for making us mothers.bless our homes and help us be responsible parents to our children.protect our children,grant them good health.let ur joy never leave our lives in jesus name amen

Hello mamas.how far the book tingy na. Who is joining me biko nu

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Thank you lord for making us mothers.bless our homes and help us be responsible parents to our children.protect our children,grant them good health.let ur joy never leave our lives in jesus name amen

I want to buy some but I stay in Lekki. So we will have to figure out how to share it. Any other mamas in Lagos who wants to get books for their kids?

Kidco, can we pick books for different ages?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretimum: 12:46pm On Sep 03, 2016
Good day mamas in the house. Please I have a quick question; I bought my lo's formula yesterday,I didn't check the expiry date I was in a hurry(no excuse sha)wanted to open it this morning and discovered its expires next month 17/10 to be precise. Can we still use it?
cc: AlphaHandMaiden,Onegai,soonest,liftedhands and other sabi mamas. Please don't read and pass. Thank you!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 1:14pm On Sep 03, 2016
Pretimum:
Good day mamas in the house. Please I have a quick question; I bought my lo's formula yesterday,I didn't check the expiry date I was in a hurry(no excuse sha)wanted to open it this morning and discovered its expires next month 17/10 to be precise. Can we still use it?
cc: AlphaHandMaiden,Onegai,soonest,liftedhands and other sabi mamas. Please don't read and pass. Thank you!

Can you exchange it? Try to. But your baby should be able to drink it as long as you can finish it before next month's export date. Buying expired milk happens to everyone due to tiredness or just plain human nature. Don't beat yourself up.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhukie(f): 1:17pm On Sep 03, 2016
Onegai:

I want to buy some but I stay in Lekki. So we will have to figure out how to share it. Any other mamas in Lagos who wants to get books for their kids?

thank you for keeping the thread bouncing, i really appreciate your effort. to all other sabi mamas may God bless you immeasurably.

i want to get books for mine. although i got 2 from CSS bookshop but they only have 2 hardpaper page books and they for alphabets and numbers.

sometimes back you mentions that you give baby E chicken but you dont use regular seasonings. please can you share your recipe?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:18pm On Sep 03, 2016
rofemiguwa:

Amen. God bless all the mothers on this forum and out there.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:20pm On Sep 03, 2016
Onegai:
Thank you Lord for everything. For our lives, for our loved ones, for our children, for the fact that we are here today. We are grateful.

We are sorry for our sins and we come to you repentant. Show us your merciful face, Father.

We welcome you into our hearts today. We pray You perfect everything concerning our little ones. Father, we tremble at the task ahead of bringing up great men and women who work in your sight but You have not given us a heart of fear. Please help us to be good stewards of our children.

We pray for expecting mothers, may they put to bed with ease, may they enter the delivery room and come out with a success story.

We pray for those trying to conceive. Lord, grant them their heart's desire, make them fruitful, put the enemy to shame. We call them "Mothers" because that will be their name soon in Jesus' name.

In these turbulent times, watch over everyone. Grant is our heart's desires according to your wishes. Give healing to those who need it. Help us to take our rightful place in society as Women of Faith and Achievers.

Thank you for always loving us. Thank you, Father. Amen.
Amen. More grace and wisdom ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2016
So I read a bit more on the painting for kids. It's to encourage Sensory Development. It is actually encouraged as part of Tummy Time (for babies who cry when they are placed down, the paints should distract them and keep them on their tummies).
It's a very simple recipe for edible paint: corn flour, water and good colouring. Or you can try and buy some.

http://www.candokiddo.com/news/2015/1/14/fingerpainting-for-babies

How to make: use the corn flour and make pap. When you've made the pap, add food colouring. That's it.
Be warned, your child will run it on herself and you, so this is a no-clothes activity.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretimum: 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2016
Thank you so much Onegai for the quick response.

Tried exchanging but couldn't and seriously it's so unlike me but we have to eat this one o, its very expensive would have even discarded but " this buhari era" not helping biko.

It normally last us 12days,so I guess we are good to go.
Really appreciate. Please keep up the good work.

Other mamas una well done,being a mother is hard work smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2016
Rhukie:

thank you for keeping the thread bouncing, i really appreciate your effort. to all other sabi mamas may God bless you immeasurably.

i want to get books for mine. although i got 2 from CSS bookshop but they only have 2 hardpaper page books and they for alphabets and numbers.

sometimes back you mentions that you give baby E chicken but you dont use regular seasonings. please can you share your recipe?

I add a bit of salt, garlic and ginger, you can try cinnamon and nutmeg. I read recipes online that were boilng fruits like Apple with chicken and turkey, I tried it and it was delicious. We don't use Maggi so I have a lot of spices (regular, Chinese and Indian spices).

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayanuke: 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
Aim07:
Thanks a lot, very far from where I stay Ikorodu. Its not even my route self, I will see if I get it here.

Check his and hers supermarket (immediately after the Nig port) in Ebute road ogolonto
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 4:37pm On Sep 03, 2016
Onegai:

Okay we will work sometin out then.am very interested
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2016
Anyone else interested in buying books should please indicate. We are trying to share the costs and quantity as 50 books is quite a lot for most of us.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
So I spoke to a friend who recommended Kachifo, www.kachifo.com for buying indigenous books. This is something I am passionate about, encouraging and supporting our own. Please also take a look at them. I know Cassava republic, www.cassavarepublic.biz also sells books for kids by Nigerian writers. Chinese kids read their authors, Austrian kids read their authors, in addition to our foreign books, let's read our local guys. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
nky4success:
thanks for d reply, what I mean is dat d bombom has a reddish scar like nla and the poo was greenish in color and something like catarrh

Green poop = baby not getting hind milk, or intestinal infection

Mucus in poop = breast fed baby drooling probably because of teething issues, or serious infection

Nappy rash = poop that has mucus easily leads to nappy rash if not wiped on time.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
You people are ignoring me o: please do I make Millet cereal? The one I made almost turned into swallow and it had a grainy texture. Please is this normal? Abi I should vex and threaten to leave the thread so everyone can beg me tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 6:49pm On Sep 03, 2016
Onegai:
You people are ignoring me o: please do I make Millet cereal? The one I made almost turned into swallow and it had a grainy texture. Please is this normal? Abi I should vex and threaten to leave the thread so everyone can beg me tongue
Just prepare it the normal way u prepare custard, in order for it to be properly done u can steam it a bit but not stay too long on fire cos it can turn to swallow. also make sure its not too thick. sorry for not replying on time ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2016
comtem2011:
Just prepare it the normal way u prepare custard, in order for it to be properly done u can steam it a bit but not stay too long on fire cos it can turn to swallow. also make sure its not too thick. sorry for not replying on time ma.

Lol, i was joking. Thank you so much. Small confession: I don't know how to make custard. I can make pap, but not custard. It is always watery. I can cook a lot of things but not custard. I have tried all my life, i can even pound yam but not custard. I cannot explain it. lipsrsealed grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2016
Onegai:

Lol, i was joking. Thank you so much. Small confession: I don't know how to make custard. I can make pap, but not custard. It is always watery. I can cook a lot of things but not custard. I have tried all my life, i can even pound yam but not custard. I cannot explain it. lipsrsealed grin
if ur custard is watery when prepared, just put it on fire and stir, it will become normal.

Actually, I wanted to reply u since dat yesterday but was busy with d lectures u were giving us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.