Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4399479 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by swtme(f): 1:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
ify's world:
2. Dis boys are yet to walk. Hell is 14month. I don try naa, abi i neva carry carry dem reach. s when?l

My sister na real waec questions o cheesy I just noticed they were numbered,sorry I only answered (1) and (3).So 4 this question pls when u r at home don't carry them even if they cry,give them a cup of milk(without sugar) twice a day cos it contains calcium n it strengthens bone,also get them walker then u can also take something they really like far from them n tell them 2 go and get it but in a fun way u can sing,dance,play music or they'll lose interest, when they try to crawl say 'NO' calmly and stand them up so that they understand u,keep on doing this and I pray it works.....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by swtme(f): 1:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
ify's world:
  4. @ Jade, let me have a list of de jagbajanti ur sis feeds her child to enhance intelligence, who wan pay sch fees twice for class? Not me ojare.

Original honey is very gud for kid's brains n it is also gud 4 cough.....

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by swtme(f): 1:22pm On Sep 20, 2013
ify's world:
. 5.@honeypie, where can one get de soskini 4 sexy booty and de cost. l

I never knew we were much that needed a** but thank God someone av a solution,@honiepie over 2 u ooooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by swtme(f): 1:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
corrall:

Hi friends,

Bonny is a lovely place though, i lived there thru university days(my family stayed there) and i eneded up working there for 3 years before i moved to lagos.

It is surrounded by water, it depends on the company that ur oga works with, Nlng is situated there and they have a super cool boat. if not, you will have to join the rest of the peeps on the island to use the local open speed boat.

Tnx dear 4 d info,jade u don hear u better go learn oooo grin grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by swtme(f): 1:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
corrall: Another thing, i am also interested in the bum cream thingy o. does it work biko?

shocked shocked Chineke!!! See line o for ikebe grin grin Four women n still counting.............
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
Swtme, no be small line 4 ikebe... rotfwl... We be african naa, what do u expect. Little enhancement here and der. Women wahala dey... Dis ikebe go put us for wahala, make we no complain when DH do bedmatics come score goal join. I beg make my own no enter net. Honey no let de line too longooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 2:44pm On Sep 20, 2013
$wtme:

Ify dear u av 2 let us know what he's eating first cos if he is eating a lot of fibre like eba,bread n thick Golden morn or cerelac n so on without lots of water n fruits his stool will definitely be hard.As for d cough,my daughter had continuous cough although not serious,we gave her diff.cough medicine n antibiotics it didn't work then we were in zamfara,we had to travel down to Kaduna 2 see another Dr and he said we shouldn't give her drugs anymore that she was reacting 2 d air she was breathing cos it was cold then and d drugs actually made it worse and when we stopped d drugs d cough actually stopped,so just let it be it wud stop n make sure he is not around smoke,perfume,dust n 2 much powder in d air....
Swtme, tanx 4 ur contributions. As per de poo thingy, its not de consistency am conplaining of but de frequency. De shit alot.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2013
$wtme:

Original honey is very gud for kid's brains n it is also gud 4 cough.....
Ok oo, i give honey, infact i live in onitsha, but i source my honey from nsukka just to guarrantee its originality. But u know our country and fake stuff. Let me cross my hand and believe its de correct stuff am giving them. Ahh, so soon dey will speak i wanna i wanna. lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
chrystee: Hi Moms, please i hv a concern. one of my 3 months old twins vomits frequently though the quantity isnt much,it not little either. initially it started with spit-ups coming out of her nose and mouth while she's lying down and she acts like she's choking and starts to cry. we were advised to give her smaller but frequent feeds and burp her inbetween her feeding and that helped a lot but despite d burping or belching she vomits after any slight movement even up to one hour after eating. she breastfeeds and takes formula so i decided to exclusively breastfeed as advised by a pedeatrician as she might be having lactose intolerance but i couldnt cope so i introduced isomil which is lactose free. it is now reduced but its still there and It makes me have to carry her for a long time after eating even when she's asleep just to make sure she doesn't spit up.pls has anyone tried similac for spit-ups, i hear dt it reduces vomitting by 58percent. If I may add, d vomitting isn't affecting her weight gain. She weighs 4.7kg while her twin weighs 5.2kg.thanks for d link on baby poo variations. I needed that info for my other twin.
My dear i experienced dat too, really scarely. What helped was letting dem sleep on their side and elevating der bed; just put something under der mattrass to make it a bit slopey, iused thick cartons
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
$wtme:

My sister na real waec questions o cheesy I just noticed they were numbered,sorry I only answered (1) and (3).So 4 this question pls when u r at home don't carry them even if they cry,give them a cup of milk(without sugar) twice a day cos it contains calcium n it strengthens bone,also get them walker then u can also take something they really like far from them n tell them 2 go and get it but in a fun way u can sing,dance,play music or they'll lose interest, when they try to craw l say 'NO' calmly and stand them up so that they understand u,keep on doing this and I pray it works.....

I don't think walkers help. They make the child overtly reliant on them and they become lazy. Do all the others she mentioned. Also, get some of their older cousins that are around the same age and are walking to come and visit for a couple of days. By the time they crawl around following them, they will soon be inspired to walk. But its not a big deal, some kids start walking at 18months and turn out perfectly healthy and very intelligent. Forgive typos abeg.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hummingbird: 3:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
Jade William: @Hummingbird.My dear;I think d boy dat doesn't tak d BM just doesn't lik it.There's nothin wrong wit d BM since d other twin is takin it.Evry child coms wit its own characteristics.My nephew out of nowhere just stopped takin BM.He'l spit it out or throw it up.U'r lucky he's takin&toleratin d Aptamil.If u keep tryin 2giv d BM&he refuses 2tak it,then u hav 2settl 4artificial milk alone 4him&continue breastfeedin d other twin.Its just d palavar of wakin up at nyt 2prepare milk but u hav 2try ok?Although I noticed artificial milk last longer in d tommy than BM so he won't wake up morethan 2/3xs 2feed him at nyt.Just keep evrythng handy&sleep at d outer side of d bed.FYI;u'r not lazy.Its not eazy takin care of twins.I hail u dear.I don't knw if I hav ur kind of stamina or energy.If I had or hav twins cool shocked
@ Jade,I always wonder y u ddnt study medcine and specialize in gynecology and obsterics grin (its never too late sha)
My boy showed me weeeen undecided,now when I giv him aptamil,he first uses style to taste it first cheesy..(Who said babies are not wise),then if its the formula,he would take it
I jst boil water inside the flask @ nyt,then tell hubby how to prepare it,yesternite he mixed the formula as thick as custard cheesy cheesy,when I woke I almst screamed,I have decided to measure it inside a cup with lid so he can jst mix and give them..that will be much easier
Then my boy has rash like tin on his 'kokoro',I decided to air his bum and added powder, bt what else can I use?
Also his brother is always hiccuping,too much for my comfort.....plus I heard babies sleep routine changes after some weeks,mine stil slip all tru d day,and we always on vigil @ nyt?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by swtme(f): 4:10pm On Sep 20, 2013
ify's world:
Swtme, no be small line 4 ikebe... rotfwl... We be african naa, what do u expect. Little enhancement here and der. Women wahala dey... Dis ikebe go put us for wahala, make we no complain when DH do bedmatics come score goal join. I beg make my own no enter net. Honey no let de line too longooo

As in ehnnn.....no be small thing o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by swtme(f): 4:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
ify's world:
Swtme, tanx 4 ur contributions. As per de poo thingy, its not de consistency am conplaining of but de frequency. De shit alot.

Okay 4 d frequency av u tried flagyl?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by swtme(f): 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2013
ify's world:
Ok oo, i give honey, infact i live in onitsha, but i source my honey from nsukka just to guarrantee its originality. But u know our country and fake stuff. Let me cross my hand and believe its de correct stuff am giving them. Ahh, so soon dey will speak i wanna i wanna. lol

Then that's gud I also pray its d original cos it really works. Abi o team I wanna,wanna.....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tjskii(f): 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
@ify,my son was also doin d same thing,pooping bout 4-5 times a day(not watery o)I realized it was cos of d goldenmorn he was takin,wen I stopped d cereal,his poop returnef to 1ce or 2ce a day,I then got him weetabix instead and d pooping returned again,til I stoped it,bottomline if the cereal ure givin ur baby is high in fiber,hez goin to poo a lot

@humming try using vaseline on d babyz bum anytime u change his diapers,I used it for my 1st kid and his babybrother,and I tell u,not once did they get nappyrash,d jelly base of d vaseline acts as a barrier to d wetness of d nappy,so urine dosnt touch babyz skin directly
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hummingbird: 5:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
Aite...thnk you but I stil nid to know what I can do about the hiccups
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tjskii(f): 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2013
Hummingbird: Aite...thnk you but I stil nid to know what I can do about the hiccups

Hiccups no be bad thing na,it actually helps ur baby expand his lungs,same thing goes for crying,dunno wat u can do bout reducing it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hummingbird: 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
tjskii:

Hiccups no be bad thing na,it actually helps ur baby expand his lungs,same thing goes for crying,dunno wat u can do bout reducing it
okay tnx, I jst hate the sounds of hiccups** n r u crious bt crying expandin lungs shocked,pray my boys lung wnt over expand lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tjskii(f): 5:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
@team I wanna wanna grin grin

I dey feel una jare,I want my son to be ajebo,but d boy no dey gree cooperate,if I give am cake,icecream,shawamma,mashed potatoes ,d boy go just spit d tin out,na til I giv am akpu or eba(wch he eats wthout soup o undecided)befor him go gree chop,d one wey he do wey come make I weak na wen he call my name for d 1st time,he called me" mama",no be wth tuuusssh accent o,he cal d mama d way dose pikin for village dey call dia mama,na iim I put hand for head, shout ovokooo,wia dis boy for learn dis one,na later later(after I don lament up and down) I come realize say na grandma he dey try call not mummy,cos my momsy dey around dt time,but to be on d safeside,I go find d best I wanna gonna skool for d boy,be lik say him papa benin blood wan strong for iim body,but me no go gree,by fire by force he must turn aje grin

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hummingbird: 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
Madam tskjii,I don laff tire grin grin,ajebo no b by force oo, my cozin's son is an ajebo too,he calls his mum 'babe' and his 'dad' swit@ cheesy,any time he sees anyone eating eba,amala,beans,he says we r eating yama yama....d big boi must turn ajebo by force ooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by swtme(f): 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
@tjskii wotz up now u never land abj,update me now shuuuu.....

Yours faithfully #team I wanna wanna#
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 9:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
Lol @ team i wanna wanna and ajebo wannabes. Infact dis children gat to be fully westernised. Nigerian oyibos.. Tisjiki, tanx for de insight on cereal and fibre, will take that into cognisance. Infact eehh dis thread is very educative. Talk of indeginous advice no be oyibo pickin solution. Dis thread na correct made in naija. Kudos to all de mommies in da house.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 9:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
ify's world:
Lol @ team i wanna wanna and ajebo wannabes. Infact dis children gat to be fully westernised. Nigerian oyibos.. Tisjiki, tanx for de insight on cereal and fibre, will take that into cognisance. Infact eehh dis thread is very educative. Talk of indeginous advice no be oyibo pickin solution. Dis thread na correct made in naija. Kudos to all de mommies in da house.

i second that. me sef i dey team #i wanna wanna. na serious biz for here o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by honiepie: 9:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
hahahaha ikebe mamas,well ISOSensual is claimed to b very effective,i dnt knw,but its very popular in uk.are u chicks intrested?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2013
blank:

I don't think walkers help. They make the child overtly reliant on them and they become lazy.
Walkers help.My baby walked at 8mths 2wks.We constantly put her there wen sh's awake&sh got used standin so even if sh's out of d walker,sh liked standin whil holdin thngs.There's a way 2set d walker so dat d child won't just b sittin on it

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 6:22pm On Sep 21, 2013
tjskii: @ify,my son was also doin d same thing,pooping bout 4-5 times a day(not watery o)I realized it was cos of d goldenmorn he was takin,,bottomline if the cereal ure givin ur baby is high in fiber,hez goin to poo a lot
True.Weneva my baby takes golden morn,sh poos lik dat
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
Hummingbird:
Also his brother is always hiccuping,too much for my comfort.....plus I heard babies sleep routine changes after some weeks,mine stil slip all tru d day,and we always on vigil @ nyt?
Lol.Nyt vigil indeed.D nyt vigil continues o.Its worst wen u resume work dats d part I detested.Well,hiccup is normal at dis age&is frequent til they get to I think 6mths or so (not sure wen my baby's own reduced) but nomatter wot I did;how often sh burped afta feed,d hiccup wil always surface.Me dat didn't do exclusiv,I'l b pumpin her wit water but stil nothin so just tolerate it.It cam b irritation but wot can u do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2013
This lyf is funny. Some people are complaining that their baby is pooping too much and I am here complaining that my own baby is not pooping at all. He can stya up to 7 days before doing anything. I went to see the pediatrician and he prescribed cristal suppository. I inserted it since morning yet my boy no gree comot any drop. I don't know what 2 do. The last time, he stayed 4 days. I give him orange in the morning and also enough water yet nothing. I am confused. Some are saying he wants to put on weight as if the one he has is not enough already.
Secondly, my wrists are really paining me. As in seriously. It started wen I was pregnant and it is still paining me reach now. What do I do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2013
My dear o.I don't even want 2remember Bonny 4now.My mentor said I shld live 4 2day&tackle d problms of 2day.That evryother thng wil fal in2 place at its own tym.Thanx evryone 4sharin ur experience
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2013
veronix: This lyf is funny. Some people are complaining that their baby is pooping too much and I am here complaining that my own baby is not pooping at all. He can stya up to 7 days before doing anything. I went to see the pediatrician and he prescribed cristal suppository. I inserted it since morning yet my boy no gree comot any drop. I don't know what 2 do. The last time, he stayed 4 days. I give him orange in the morning and also enough water yet nothing. I am confused. Some are saying he e. wants to put on weight as if the one he has is not enough already.
Secondly, my wrists are really paining me. As in seriously. It started wen I w.If. as pregnant and it is still paining me reach now. What do I do?
My sweet veronix,pele.Mayb u shld use sloans ointment for d pain.Its vry effectiv if used 4massage.
As 4d pooin part,if I tel u d method I used wen my baby was just few wks til sh got to 3mths,sh wud stay days without pooin til I started dis my method.If I tel u,d mothers on dis trend wil nail me on Jesus cross so I'l allow other mothers 2comment on dat part.Goodluck
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2013
Hummingbird:
My boy showed me weeeen undecided,now when I giv him aptamil,he first uses style to taste it first cheesy..(Who said babies are not wise),then if its the formula,he would take it
I jst boil water inside the flask @ nyt,then tell hubby how to prepare it,yesternite he mixed the formula as thick as custard cheesy cheesy,when I woke I almst screamed,then my boy has rash like tin on his 'kokoro',I decided to air his bum and added powder, bt what else can I use?
Ur drama wit DH? LMFAO.Chei!! But en dey try 2support 4him 2even wake up 2do dat.Kudos 2him joor.Teach him,he'l learn.
As 4ur boy? D Aptamil alone don mak am ova wise.At his age? He can do dat? OMG.
As 4d rash,try sudocream but me I dey do concusion most tyms.I mix ori&visitaplus&sudocream&is vry effectiv but always rub vaseline on his butt b4 wearin their pampers.Goodluck
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 7:38pm On Sep 21, 2013
ify's world:
Hi all, i have so many things worrying ma pretty head viz; Hell is 14month. I don try naa, abi i neva carry carry dem reach.4. @ Jade, let me have a list of de jagbajanti ur sis feeds her child to enhance intelligence, who wan pay sch fees twice for class? Not me ojare.

My dear! U c y I advice ppl 2giv codliver oil.I read an article frm bbchealth cos I follow dem on twitter&they posted somthng abt benefits of codliver oil&i also copied it&posted it on dis health trend.If at 14mths they'r not walkin yet.Its not bad though&since dr said its normal,so there's nothin 2b worried abt cos evry child coms wit its own developmental milestone but as a mother,somtyms u get concerned.I'l advice u 2get cod liver oil (mayb seven seas brand if u can get it);Also,always carry dem less often.Instead,always put them 2stand around d table or bed&keep their toy there 4dem 2try 2reach it.Walker is good.Early mornin sun is good too.Giv lots of milk lik a mother said b4.Its a good source of calcium.Goodluck
No 4: if I mention d thngs dat my sister gives her children eh! Ppl wil curse me tire.Sh's d Nigerian version of hollywood actress Gwenette Patrow.Sh's an overzeleous mum but I'l post it anyway.Hang on

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.