Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400042 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmom: 10:44pm On Sep 24, 2013
thanks udoka, i did not know about that but will start using it praying that it will work. Udo, how are u doing hope u and baby are doing great, we are going to be 30 weeks this weekend, i thank the Almighty God for bringing us this far.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zibiah: 9:21am On Sep 25, 2013
What a wonderful and educative thread I ve learned so much from it. @ jade willams pls on page 40 of this thread I saw when u posted that ur colleaque was lying down to breast feed and her baby got ear infection, pls do u knw d symptoms of ear infection in babies. @blank u also posted on page 40 dat ur baby had an ear infection pls hw did u detect it what were d symptoms. I ve been lying down to breast feed and am begining to tink dat my baby might ve ear infection too, she is fussy when she wakes up one of her eyes looks swollen altot later in d day its gets normal. Waiting for ur responses tanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 11:39am On Sep 25, 2013
zibiah: What a wonderful and educative thread I ve learned so much from it. @ jade willams pls on page 40 of this thread I saw when u posted that ur colleaque was lying down to breast feed and her baby got ear infection, pls do u knw d symptoms of ear infection in babies. @blank u also posted on page 40 dat ur baby had an ear infection pls hw did u detect it what were d symptoms. I ve been lying down to breast feed and am begining to tink dat my baby might ve ear infection too, she is fussy when she wakes up one of her eyes looks swollen altot later in d day its gets normal. Waiting for ur responses tanks

my sis, i ll suggest u take d baby to see a doc on tym. D reason d eyes r swollen may or may not be what u think. Dont 4get dt babies cant talk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 11:51am On Sep 25, 2013
bigmom: pls does ori heal belle stretch marks? Cos the marks are too much on my belle.

ori may not 'heal' stretch marks but it helps in dealing with them n also preventing them. Use ori alone to rub ur skin or mix it with either coconut oil or olive oil. Suspend ur own creams for now. One more thing, no matter how hard it itches, dont scratch it. Its worsens d stretch marks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Warfibabe(f): 11:53am On Sep 25, 2013
Hello beautilicious mummys, kiss
Its been one hell of a month for me and my kids. E remain small I for begin catch winch sef grin.
My younger son started with what I thot was an ordinary cough to wheezing, flared nostrils and trying to breathe. We had to rush him to the hospital where they stabilized his breathing and was placed on 24hrs observation. To shorten the story, he was diagnosed of bronchiolitis and for nearly 2 weeks we had to get him totally cleared up.(Phew!)
Now just wen I was beginning to relax from all the sleepless nites and what have you, my older son who was taking a fine sunday nap, suddenly developed a temperature of 39.6c.. I had to rush him to a nearby hospital where they brot down his temp and started treating him for malaria. Not really convinced that it was only malaria, I took him to see a paed (westend hospitals, warri) and was told he has tonsilitis(my bro inlaw who is a doc, already told me to check for slight swellings under his chin, if he is gathering saliva in his mouth, loss of appetite and vomiting) which I confirmed. Now we are on a 3 days treatment for him and thankfully he is responding to treatment.

Also, I saw all the vaccines that I didn't give my children on their vaccine board and I am definitely gonna try and give them some before we travel back to our base. (I will post the pix I took of the vaccine board so y'all can match it with yours.

Ok lemme go back and read from the 6 pages that I have missed. kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zinylizzy(f): 11:55am On Sep 25, 2013
Symptoms of ear infection are fever,ur child tugging his ear,redness around d area,secretions from d ear. I suggest u take her to d doctor. breast feeding while lying down is not advisable.and it can also cause ear infection. ur breasts could suffocate d baby. and u could sleep off.I remember when I just gave birth,I was always tired because of d sleepless nights. one of those nights,I got up to breastfeed baby and I was still tired and sleepy.I slept off while breastfeeding her and I dint know when my hubby took her from my arms.I woke up later looking for my baby and saw her with hubby. dis is one of d reasons y a new mum needs someone with her.,d hubby or d mum..i've read about women dt killed their children due to sleeping off while feeding baby whether lying down or sitting.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
bigmom: pls does ori heal belle stretch marks? Cos the marks are too much on my belle.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 12:53pm On Sep 25, 2013

ori may not 'heal' stretch marks but it helps in dealing with them n also preventing them. Use ori alone to rub ur skin or mix it with either coconut oil or olive oil. Suspend ur own creams for now. One more thing, no matter how hard it itches, dont scratch it. Its worsens d stretch marks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adams1(m): 6:39pm On Sep 25, 2013
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 6:54pm On Sep 25, 2013
My sisters,
I went for immunization today for yellow fever n measles, it went well, thank God. Anyways, I realized my baby has not added much from the last time. Imagine she is 9 months and she is just weighing 7.8kg as against 7.5 kg as at 7 months. She doesn't eat much tho'. Most times if we are to allow her, she would just take a few spoons and shake her head, so we end up forcing it down. The nurses at the health center said the weight was okay as she is not underweight n she doesn't look like she doesn't eat much. I am just worried. I read here sometime, that b.co, or astymin increases appetite. Abeg any advice? She likes dodo a lot, but as she get only 2 teeth for down, na me de chew am give am.

Advice needed please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 8:20am On Sep 26, 2013
@ warfibabe, de Lord is ur strength. His healing hands is upon ur family. Where is everybodi? jade, tisjiki, swtme, blank, honeypie, team i wanna wanna, team ajebo, ikebe mamas, ahaha, are we on break. Lets keep it rolling, ders a lot to learn. Officially, my boys has taken a bold step. Imagine, dey ve finally decided to walk. Glory be to God. Tanx all for ur contribution. Mothers, we rock.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by swtme(f): 1:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
@ify ow body now so good 2 hear that ur boys r walking, I know say u go breath sigh of relief now cheesy
To all d loving mothers that av not visited oya o break time is ova kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by swtme(f): 1:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
Jade William:
Oh my freaking gush! I'm so sorry dear.Thank God 4sustainin ur life

Tnx so much jade!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by swtme(f): 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
Honiepie24:

@swtme,sowie bout ur implant,hope u r better?

Yes I'm okay now, tnx hun
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by swtme(f): 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
@warfibabe I hail o,weldone 4 ol d stress u av been tru n I thank God they're fine now......
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Prettypresh(f): 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
Thnx to u all for ur contribution, i appreciate. My pikin no dey gree cap dey for him head oo, he uses his hands to remove it. Wetin i go do naa so as to prevent breeze or cold. Nd na wc tym dis flow go stop naa, its getting to a month i put to bed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zinylizzy(f): 10:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
Prettypresh: Thnx to u all for ur contribution, i appreciate. My pikin no dey gree cap dey for him head oo, he uses his hands to remove it. Wetin i go do naa so as to prevent breeze or cold. Nd na wc tym dis flow go stop naa, its getting to a month i put to bed.
first of all,congrats! D flow lasts for 3 to 6 weeks.breastfeedin helps d womb contract n all d fluid flow out. mine was for 3 weeks.ur baby removes d cap? Abeg try o.cos na for their head,hands n feet cold dey take enter
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 7:48am On Sep 27, 2013
ify's world:
Where is everybodi? jade, tisjiki, swtme, blank, honeypie, team i wanna wanna, team ajebo, ikebe mamas, ahaha, are we on break. Lets keep it rolling, ders a lot to learn.Mothers, we rock.
Ify darl;I'm not on break o.I dey joor.Exhales!!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 7:56am On Sep 27, 2013
ify's world:
Officially, my boys has taken a bold step. Imagine, dey ve finally decided to walk. Glory be to God. Tanx all for ur contribution.
I'm dancing already.I told u they'l walk b4 d end of dis month.Its peculiar wit twin boys.They take their tym 2do their thngs.Kiss their cheeks 4me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 8:00am On Sep 27, 2013
corrall:

My dear enh, i did banana whateva for my daughter over the weekend, and she tasted it and cocked her head and looked at me like, what is this again? by the time i brought the second spoon, my baby shook head vigorously and na there church close for on top banana smoothie.
LMAO grin grin grin grin grin .My sister;did u hear me say I giv my baby those yama-yama thngs.I tried it 4her,sh tasted it esp d one I added banana&refused.I prepared another flavour wit apple,orange,watermelo&pineapple without banana,grinded&sieved it 2bcom juice abi paste.§h took a little&rejected it so me I stopped tryin.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 8:10am On Sep 27, 2013
ify's world:
Pls, is it ok to give fresh soy milk(not de powdered type) to my toddlers. I mean de homemade version. Team i wanna wanna and ajebos, dis smoothie thingy, i taya. How is de taste? Do babies like them? I wan try puree some for ma kiddo, but ma naija mind dey fail me. U sabi say we africans no de too fancy all dis oyibo yama-yama. Pls lets have tested baby friendly recipe.
At their age now,I think they can eat anythng&i like boys cos anythng goes.
African babies indeed my sister.Even yoghurt,my girl no lik sef.Mayb sh'l get 2an age wen sh'l stat likin al these.Me,I don't knw how my sister does it 4her kids 2b takin al those yama-yama thngs joor.
If they don't lik d blended fruit juice,try givin them one one lik buy water melon or apple or orange&give.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 8:29am On Sep 27, 2013
Prettypresh: Helloo to all d mummies in da huz, hope am welcomed? Am a first timer mum so no much xperience. Pls i have a challenge oo, my 3 weeks old baby has refused taking water nd 2ndly small portion at d front of his head is sunken,, is dis normal?? Nd sns i put to bed, my stomach has refused going inside nd am tired of using girdle. Can anyone tell me wat to use or do as to make my tommy go down. Plss i need replies oo cos its really giving me concern nd d stretch mark wont jst leave me alone.
@prettypresh; it depends on wot u cal sunken cos its normal 4baby's fontanelle 2b sunken.U can c d depression&pulsation vry well wit ur eyes.Even a one year,u can c my baby's deep sunk wen I barbed her hair but It closed finally at 18mths so let it not panic u unles there's somthng else u'r unable 2describe.As 4givin ur baby water;if u'r breastfeedin,ur baby is gettin water frm d breastmilk but if u'r givin artificial milk lik @maxiflexi said,u cud mak d water warm&try givin her wit a feedin bottle.Whether does not add or remov anythng frm d baby's nutrition if u'r breastfeedin.As 4ur tommy,keep tyin wearin d girdle or bodymagic or tie wrapper 2b tight on d tommy (didn't do s**t 4me anyways.Inshort u can't even breath) but as long as u'r takin kunu,forget it.Ur tommy wil keep protrudin but wit tym,it'l go dwn.Goodluck
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 9:29am On Sep 27, 2013
corrall: My sisters,
I went for immunization today for yellow fever n measles, it went well, thank God. Anyways, I realized my baby has not added much from the last time. Imagine she is 9 months and she is just weighing 7.8kg as against 7.5 kg as at 7 months. She doesn't eat much tho'. Most times if we are to allow her, she would just take a few spoons and shake her head, so we end up forcing it down. The nurses at the health center said the weight was okay as she is not underweight n she doesn't look like she doesn't eat much. I am just worried. I read here sometime, that b.co, or astymin increases appetite. Abeg any advice? She likes dodo a lot, but as she get only 2 teeth for down, na me de chew am give am.

Advice needed please.

Nobody is answering me...sad
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hummingbird: 9:34am On Sep 27, 2013
Good day pretty mommas**how are your little ones?
I think I might use some help here..am fast losing weight,reduced below my pre pregnancy weight (56kg) was weightn 69kg befor I got pregnant..pus the sleepless nites are back,I jst lie down n watch til 4-5am befor I finally sleep,I slip a bit during d day(2hrs max)..bp is ok,hubby said am fine embarassed what can I do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 9:53am On Sep 27, 2013
@hummingbird, let exchange bodies naa. Me dey try to shed some kilos and u re getting it free of charge. Nawah, try and eat very well and get some rest. If it means travelling to get help, pls do. U can also employ a capable hand to ease off de stress. Who says motherhood is easy? Anyways, alway look unto God for help. Der is something i usually do. Make una no crucify me ooo, nursing twins no be beans. Some days, when am so stressed, u know what, i feed them wella, come give them appetite enhancing syrup. It will make them sleep for long. Abeg bodi no be firewood.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maxiflexi(f): 10:56am On Sep 27, 2013
corrall: My sisters, I read here sometime, that b.co, or astymin increases appetite. Abeg any advice? She likes dodo a lot, but as she get only 2 teeth for down, na me de chew am give am.

Advice needed please.

Babes, make una answer now, I need the same advise for my 8 month old oh!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 11:12am On Sep 27, 2013
Imagine she is 9 months and she is just weighing 7.8kg as against 7.5 kg as at 7 months. She doesn't eat much tho'. Most times if we are to allow her, she would just take a few spoons and shake her head, so we end up forcing it down.
My dear,welcome 2my world.That's y I'v bn absent.My girl has developed a method.Évryday one drama.Sh now hates eatin.If u use cane 2force her 2eat,afta,sh'l force herself 2cough&then vommit evrythng.I took her 2dr on Monday&sh smiled&said sh's ok but I noticed her weight dropped frm 15kg to 14.5kg.Sh dewormed her wit zentel anyways but stil,sh has refused 2eat.D only thng sh's bn eatin is meat&fish,rice&tea.Once sh sees me open d fridge or pot,sh'l say "giv me my meat".Sh's not teethin cos sh just brought out 4 teeth at once 2wks ago.I gav her Bco yesterday&sh ate vry well.Hmmm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 11:17am On Sep 27, 2013
I went for immunization today for yellow fever n measles, it went well, thank God. Anyways, I realized my baby has not added much from the last time. Imagine she is 9 months and she is just weighing 7.8kg as against 7.5 kg as at 7 months.She doesn't look like she doesn't eat much. I am just worried. I read here sometime, that b.co, or astymin increases appetite. Abeg any advice? She likes dodo a lot, but as she get only 2 teeth for down, na me de chew am give am.

Advice needed please.

7.8kg at 9mths is not 2bad cos sh's a girl&they hav lighter bones.My girl weighed 8.5kg at 9mths&i was worried too cos d other mothers dat I saw at d immunization centre,their 9mth old were weighin 10kg&so on.Don't panic.Som kids ar light-weighted.d most important thng is 4her 2b healthy ok?
***Abeg no giv Astymin (its 4blood abi protein.Can't remember.But my dad takes it).U can use Bcomplex syrup (2.5mls; 2xs a day).Find out other thngs sh likes.I noticed dat d only thng my girl forces herself 2vommit is d golden morn&pap.Sh doesn't vommit her tea,rice,fish&meat.Try out other foods&fruits&c if sh'l lik it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 11:19am On Sep 27, 2013
Prettypresh: Thnx to u all for ur contribution, i appreciate. My pikin no dey gree cap dey for him head oo, he uses his hands to remove it. Wetin i go do naa so as to prevent breeze or cold. Nd na wc tym dis flow go stop naa, its getting to a month i put to bed.
@prettypresh Shebi somthng don dey hungry u abi? Chei,this pretty babe go soon carry belle again o.Don't worry d flow wil soon stop dependin on ur body system but b4 6wks postnatal,it shld hav stopped.
2ndly;if ur baby has enuf hair,then u hav nothin 2worry abt.Just mak sure u cover him well wit cloths&u can b usin shawl or baby blanket 2carry him;atleast,dat wud cover his head.Som babies ar lik dat.My nephew did lik cap too.He'l always pull it off but thank God he has hair so we didn't bother.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 11:21am On Sep 27, 2013
pls mums, dont chew food for ur babies, its not higenic. Germs can easily be trsfed eg if u have flu, cough, carta etc. Rather mash der foods. Prevention is better than cure. @corral, what hve u tried feeding her. Give her pap, de dawa version, cereals, egg yolk, mashed irish aand sweet pototes, boil yam with palmoil,fish, cooked beans note to wash de back off de beans like u wash ur beans for moi moi. Infact, if u re eating anything and she shows interest, feed her some. Just keep trying

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 11:22am On Sep 27, 2013
@Warfibabe.Warfi is a Warri slang.Ar u frm there?I noticed u&Wendy hav bn absent on dis trend 4a while now.Wanted 2even mention it but my Bonny agro no gree me reason well again.God is ur strength dear.Broncholitis? That's a a heavy one.I remember d tym my neice had bronchitis at a year plus (don't knw if they're d same).It wasn't funny menhhh!! Thank God ur kids ar fine now.Welcom back.We missed u

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.