Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (650) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4408427 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
olaoyekemi:
Good afternoon and happy Sunday mama's.
Officially registering for the second time.promise to be active this time around and also give my little contribution as well.

Kudos to Onegai,helovesme,and oda mama's for the great work

We welcome you with furrry arms kiss #TheFurchesterHotel #Cbeebies #TooMuchKiddieTVisAffectingMySanity cry

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2016
mompurity2:
Thanks mamas. You mamas are my go- to mamas. AlphaHandMaiden, olatebony, pinyoxx, onegai.
The reason for my worry is that they were born preterm and I am still trying my best to make them out on weight quick.

I have some more questions. .............

Is it normal for my babies to be taking 90ml of milk for more than 2 weeks now? I thought their demand is supposed to be increasing like every week.

Would it also be okay if I introduce pap and other cereal when they are 4months plus?

One of my friends said post partum belt widens/opens the vjay, how true is that?

Should I also expect them to achieve their milestones like sitting at 4months old, crawling, walking etc like most full term babies??

Due to them being pre term i would say let them reach 6 months before introducing any other forms of food.

With the 90 ml, is that what you prepare for them, or is that what they take when you prepare more. i.e if you make a 120ml bottle, 30 ml is left.
Babies cant talk so if what they are used to is 90ml . They will tend to take that and cry again much earlier than usual except they are really really hungry and may keep crying after the 90ml is finished
You can up the quantity and if they dont finish it at first give them a few minutes, burp them and offer the remaining to them. Even adults need to adjust belle sometimes to get more food in so its not unusual that babies may be the same.

About your friend and the vjay/post partum issue........all i will say is she needs to be categorised as a " take what she says with a pinch of salt or no salt at all" friend.

With their milestones, there is no reason they wont achieve them in due course. As with full term babies, everyone is different and will develope at different rates. However, If you are having any doubts or worries go see your peadiatrician.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2016
sabi mamas pls I nid ur advice, I put to bed tru CS, was told to go for check up in 6weeks time, its 6weeks nw but d hospital (UITH) is on strike even d state hospital too is on strike my questions nw is dat will I still continue to use Cotton wool & spirit to clean d incision and gv to rub. wen will I stop d cleaning tins
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Drdreluv: 4:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
Good afternoon mum in the house my 15days old daughter can suck for African yet she does get satisfied her mum takes pap alot no improvement she cry alot someone said we should introduce soya milk cos she isn't getting enough milk any recommendations and suggestions
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 4:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
eolowu1:
sabi mamas pls I nid ur advice, I put to bed tru CS, was told to go for check up in 6weeks time, its 6weeks nw but d hospital (UITH) is on strike even d state hospital too is on strike my questions nw is dat will I still continue to use Cotton wool & spirit to clean d incision and gv to rub. wen will I stop d cleaning tins

CC Thorpido. Please any ideas? Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 4:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
@eolowu1: 6weeks check is for your doctor to see you and make sure you are recovering well, but if your hospitals are on strike it can wait as far as you are much better now. I did not clean with cotton wool but if you no longer feel pain, and your incision has closed properly, I think you can stop.
@Drdreluv: pls introduce infant formula and not soya milk , we have so many good ones like SMA, thrive, Peak baby, cow and gate, aptamil etc.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
Double post
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by thorpido(m): 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
Onegai:

CC Thorpido. Please any ideas? Thanks
If the wound is still not fully healed(dry),then you can still use cotton wool and gv to clean.
However,depending on the thread used to stitch you,you will need to have it removed.
You can go to a good private hospital around you to have that done.

Cc: eolowu1

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 4:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
Drdreluv:
Good afternoon mum in the house my 15days old daughter can suck for African yet she does get satisfied her mum takes pap alot no improvement she cry alot someone said we should introduce soya milk cos she isn't getting enough milk any recommendations and suggestions

Please try and use the Search function or check a few pages back, because some mums discussed it and made a lot of sensible suggestions including Ewedu and Fenugreek. Congrats on your LO smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
modified
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amhappy(f): 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2016
Drdreluv:

The mother can take soya milk,kunu,lots of fluids like fresh homemade juice,yogurt,etc and drink lots of water(like one satchet every hour). If you want to introduce infant formula to baby Nan,Sma etc. Ask for the one for a new baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 5:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
thorpido:
sadIf the wound is still not fully healed(dry),then you can still use cotton wool and gv to clean.
However,depending on the thread used to stitch you,you will need to have it removed.
You can go to a good private hospital around you to have that done.

Cc: eolowu1
its d mending type dat was done I was nt told to go for removing of stitches. d incision has closed up and d surface is dry, no much pain, can I av normal bath nw without avoiding water touching d incision
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by thorpido(m): 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
eolowu1:
its d mending type dat was done I was nt told to go for removing of stitches. d incision has closed up and d surface is dry, no much pain, can I av normal bath nw without avoiding water touching d incision
If the surface is dry,you can.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amhappy(f): 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
Thanks mothers for this financial intelligence discussions. I picked some points. I like this treasury bills since its a one off thing. The monthly payment will not work for me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olaoyekemi(f): 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2016
Drdreluv:

No sir,don't introduce soya milk. Formula is your best option
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Drdreluv: 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
olaoyekemi:

No sir,don't introduce soya milk. Formula is your best option
Oya give me names of formula
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by limsycutey(f): 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
Good evening mamas, I've been peeping for a while but I want to register officially now. I had my son a little over a month ago, he's my second baby. Keep up the good work mamas.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
limsycutey:
Good evening mamas, I've been peeping for a while but I want to register officially now. I had my son a little over a month ago, he's my second baby. Keep up the good work mamas.

Welcome, welcome, welcome.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
soonest:
Happy sunday mamas, please I need more education on this FG bond of a thing. Thanks in anticipation.
Cc: rhukie, iomoge2, contem2011 and other sabi mamas

Bonds are fairly similar to tbills just that with bonds, the minimum term to invest is longer (I think minimum 2 years) and the interest rate is fixed for the entire duration. Interest is paid twice a year or at the expiration of the agreed term (depending on your choice).

It's best you compare the interest rate/yield on your investment for both tbills and government bonds and then decide which is best for you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
dunasy:

To buttress what onegai and iomoge2 have said, do the following:-
a. get to the registrars of these companies, (view from this link https://www.nairaland.com/2273567/list-nigeria-registrars-addresses-updated), you might need to show them a form of ID/ birth certificate which bears your maiden name( believing your surname is changed). Your share certificates, bonuses and dividends would be there,

b. you can pick them up and open an account with an investment house so your share certificates and bonus certificates can be decentralized.

c. whatever investment house you use, ensure it is credible.You will be given a CSCS No and Clearing House No (CHN), you can take back to these registrars which you have shares with so they can input into their database , this makes you get your bonuses(e-bonus) straight to your CSCS account no instead of share certificates.

d. for your dividends, ensure it is revalidated, so you can pay into your current account or ur CHN with your investment house and use to purchase shares.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the apt response. ...I appreciate

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
iomoge2:

First of all, you need the share certificate or the certificate number.
Then contact brokers or what ya man call it.

You canveven contact the customer service of the teo bodies n take it up from there.

They will either link you to the guys or give u their contact.
Mum can't find the share certificates....What do I do...?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DANZAK(f): 8:20pm On Oct 02, 2016
Sabi mamas, happy new month to you all. It has been a terrible time for me this past weeks. My baby (10wks) added only 0.1kg to his 6wks weight and this got me so worried that I had to take him to a ped.
He was diagnosed of respiratory tract infection and pcv level of 24.
In fact they had to transfuse him and kept on antibiotics for 9days(we were on admission for 2 days). It was the most scary days of my life but in all I give God all the glory that he is a lot better now though still having blocked nose as a result of mucus.
Pls great mums, I am still confused on how his blood level will drop so low with this his short life.
Any ideas, though the ped tried to explain to me but still confused.
Also, any ideas on how to get the mucus in his nose to start flowing or how do I extract it if it doesn't.
I also want him to gain wait as soon as possible, he is not on Ebf.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
helovesme:

Treasury bills is not the same as a bank account.

In lay terms, treasury bills is basically keeping your money with the government for certain number of days and then having your money+interest returned back to you after the agreed period.

Once you decide on how much you want to invest and the duration, all you have to fill all the necessary forms. If your bid is successful (your bank bids on your behalf), your account is then debited. Depending on your choice, you can either have the interest paid upfront at the commencement of the investment or at the expiration.

Yes, the rate differs with banks as some banks are more generous than others.

I think fidelity bank is one of the more generous ones but you can check with your bank and find out their rates. those willing to commit their funds for longer (for example, 365 days) tend to have slightly higher interest rate.

Speak to your account officer (if you have one) or the customer service rep at your local branch and they should be able to explain all the steps involved to you.

Thank u
I also bank with fidelity.they give me good interest on my ordinary savings account. I will speak with an account officer.
Thank u so much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigsholly(f): 8:25pm On Oct 02, 2016
Eoluwo1 please when taking your bath don't use sponge and scrub the incision, you can scrub other part of your body but the site leave it. You can use dry towel to mop the site.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:25pm On Oct 02, 2016
DANZAK:
Sabi mamas, happy new month to you all. It has been a terrible time for me this past weeks. My baby (10wks) added only 0.1kg to his 6wks weight and this got me so worried that I had to take him to a ped.
He was diagnosed of respiratory tract infection and pcv level of 24.
In fact they had to transfuse him and kept on antibiotics for 9days(we were on admission for 2 days). It was the most scary days of my life but in all I give God all the glory that he is a lot better now though still having blocked nose as a result of mucus.
Pls great mums, I am still confused on how his blood level will drop so low with this his short life.
Any ideas, though the ped tried to explain to me but still confused.
Also, any ideas on how to get the mucus in his nose to start flowing or how do I extract it if it doesn't.
I also want him to gain wait as soon as possible, he is not on Ebf.

oh wow. Pele. I'm guessing his body was fighting a strong infection and his white blood cells couldn't increase fast enough (an elevated white blood cell count shows an infection. Think of more police showing up after a riot or robbery). Use all those mucus sucking bulbs and gently extract it and don't steam him. Just feed him normally and try and give him breastmilk in addition to formula, that's all you can do. He should start gaining weight now the infection has been fought. Well done for catching it on time.

Respiratory Tract Infections are usually a cause of lack of weight gain in babies. I know Ayolight had that issue and won, so you're gonna be fine. Just keep monitoring him and if things still don't look good in 2 weeks, mention me here (my email is acting up as usual).

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 8:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
HELP! !!!!!! SOS. ....
Am not lactating well cry cry.... It's really bad! Am already feeling disappointed at my self and feeling like a failure.
Please who can link me up with some one who can supply me with fenugreek and saseme seeds or any other thing that can help me lactate well. ...
I beg !!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigsholly(f): 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2016
BritneyStacy:
HELP! !!!!!! SOS. ....
Am not lactating well cry cry.... It's really bad! Am already feeling disappointed at my self and feeling like a failure.
Please who can link me up with some one who can supply me with fenugreek and saseme seeds or any other thing that can help me lactate well. ...
I beg !!!

Mama please calm down, you are not a failure infact you are a wonderful mummy. Are you sure you are not stressing yourself too much? cos you can't lactate very with stress, I was like this some month back and my Ds can suck for africa. If you can try cucumber I discover when I eat it I lactate very well so if you can give it a try it might work for you as well. In all rest is important.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoddy(f): 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
BritneyStacy:
HELP! !!!!!! SOS. ....
I beg !!!
RELAX madam. if you're stressed, you won't produce. Most women have gone through it and still achieved 6months exclusive. At first month, I experienced the challenge but kept feeding lo some minutes interval. Don't feel like a failure, it shall pass. Good thing you are seeking help. The quality of breastmilk is predetermined during pregnancy. All you need to do is take more fluid, vegetables and eat beans. Yes. Beans helps to produce more milk. Got to know via Google
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by loistee: 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
pls what can I do to treat wound on my nipple I develop a wound due to my baby's sucking pls I need urgent remedy, then can I still continue breastfeeding with the crack nippleq tongue undecided embarassed embarassed. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoddy(f): 9:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
I can't fail to thank Onegai, nazablossom, comtem2011, cutiereborn, rofemiguwa, dexterush, tyconcepts for the mention and all our likers. May we eat the fruits of our labour ijn. God bless you all

I've been lazy to type. After reading all the new pages, I'd doze off while typing just like now thatI'm feeling sleepy.

It's my habit to share what I learnt at clinic.
Has anyone heard of Guinea Worm Disease? It's that bad as hospitals promise to offer N25,000 to anyone who tells them the whereabout of the patient.

There's a new immunization to prevent puemonia. The injection is in 3bases and the infant ought to take it before one year birthday.

Also informed that babies under one year old not to take salt, honey and custard. Powder not to be applied on baby under 6months, vitamin C and multivitamin syrup not to be given before 6months. Only vitamin D syrup and exclusive breastfeeding till 6months.

9 Likes 11 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DANZAK(f): 10:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
Thank u ma'am for your quick response and for the advice. I will do just that.

Onegai:

oh wow. Pele. I'm guessing his body was fighting a strong infection and his white blood cells couldn't increase fast enough (an elevated white blood cell count shows an infection. Think of more police showing up after a riot or robbery). Use all those mucus sucking bulbs and gently extract it and don't steam him. Just feed him normally and try and give him breastmilk in addition to formula, that's all you can do. He should start gaining weight now the infection has been fought. Well done for catching it on time.

Respiratory Tract Infections are usually a cause of lack of weight gain in babies. I know Ayolight had that issue and won, so you're gonna be fine. Just keep monitoring him and if things still don't look good in 2 weeks, mention me here (my email is acting up as usual).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 10:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
helovesme:

Bonds are fairly similar to tbills just that with bonds, the minimum term to invest is longer (I think minimum 2 years) and the interest rate is fixed for the entire duration. Interest is paid twice a year or at the expiration of the agreed term (depending on your choice).

It's best you compare the interest rate/yield on your investment for both tbills and government bonds and then decide which is best for you.

Thanks so much. Will compare. God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.