Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,815 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400937 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mzfunshy(f): 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2016
[quote author=zaynie post=51832
What is your Dr saying?
He is the best position to say if it's rightly done or not.
[/quote]

We are yet to see the doctor. Dh says it's ok that there's nothing wrong with it. Am worried, will see a doc on Wednesday

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barak4real(f): 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:
Barak4real - long time, hope you are doing well.
how is your dad? hope he is better now?

Thanks sis...for checking up on me.i ve been busy with school exam ,thats why i havent been online....dad is fine and he's doing well and better...i so much appreciate as someone remembered me on this forum..cheera
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
Happy sunday mamas, my ds poops hard poop and its been happening for some days now, he is exclusively breastfed and i drink water to the best of my ability, pls what can i do to soften the poop? He is 4weeks 5days
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
zaynie:

The girls ke.....
Moyo is a boy o
Atinuke is the girl.

Oh sorry, all the Moyos I know of were girls, so I assumed...ma binu.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 4:30am On Dec 12, 2016
@orirebaby, how far with the books? I have been checking my mentions to see if a decision has been made but none.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joyfullmama: 5:46am On Dec 12, 2016
sugah:

I already threw my pack away but got this image off the internet. The second pix is how the diapers looks like...it has an elastic at the waist to prevent blow outs.

With molfix I'm having to change Ayomide's cloth with every poop. undecided
mummy pls where do you get your braps diapers, I have being looking for but cannot find around. Can you direct me or a contact. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 5:54am On Dec 12, 2016
gud moni my e-family, my frnd put to bed last week although she's nt a member of dis group, I jist woke up dis nw to see her msg on my fone " My baby is stretching neck n body. What could be d reason n remedy?" pls don't pass by help me Chuck mouth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 5:54am On Dec 12, 2016
gud moni my e-family, my frnd put to bed last week although she's nt a member of dis group, I just woke up dis nw to see her msg on my fone " My baby is stretching neck n body. What could be d reason n remedy?" pls don't pass by help me Chuck mouth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kevoh(m): 6:02am On Dec 12, 2016
eolowu1:
gud moni my e-family, my frnd put to bed last week although she's nt a member of dis group, I just woke up dis nw to see her msg on my fone " My baby is stretching neck n body. What could be d reason n remedy?" pls don't pass by help me Chuck mouth
She should get that baby to the hospital asap!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 6:41am On Dec 12, 2016
eolowu1:

I hope the baby doesn't have jaundice and she was managing at home. Let her take d baby to d hospital ASAP.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 6:47am On Dec 12, 2016
hotmomma:
Happy sunday mamas, my ds poops hard poop and its been happening for some days now, he is exclusively breastfed and i drink water to the best of my ability, pls what can i do to soften the poop? He is 4weeks 5days
is either of you on medication that contains iron? It can cause babies poop to harden.
If the answer is no I'd suggest you eat plenty fruits, pawpaw, watermelon and oranges.
Breastfeed more often the weather is hot to rule out dehydration.

Eolowu1 it's too early for a week old to be exhibiting colic signs (though not impossible) I'll however say she go see a doctor.

Newborns stretch a whole lot it may be that or poop strain, colic, cord pain and all what not, just to be safe please ask her to go see a doctor.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydeporch(f): 6:50am On Dec 12, 2016
Hello Mamas.

New here and baby is just 9days what can one do abt dis inverted nipples tins? B cos sometimes my baby find it difficult to latch. Av bn pumping d brst milk sometimes so in case we find it diff in d midnite, will make use of it. At times, are lucky to get him to Latch.
-how long to keep expressed milk outside or in d fridge?
-when do I start using gripe water for baby? Do u mix with water to give baby or directly and wat mwasurement shld b followed?.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmTwins2: 6:53am On Dec 12, 2016
Joyfullmama:
mummy pls where do you get your braps diapers, I have being looking for but cannot find around. Can you direct me or a contact. Thanks
Sugah, ds is the reason u see people using products like pampers even if they'r of poor quality or not; cos ppl see it n can get it everywhere. N some good quality ones that r easily available r too expensive. I looked around the market for braps diapers on Saturday but na so so pampers n molfix I dey see n now that i'm hearing there's fake molfix too embarassed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DANZAK(f): 9:27am On Dec 12, 2016
rofemiguwa:

U discard after sieving cos dts d second time u r using it.
Remember a teaspoon at a time

Noted. Thanks a bunch
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ammy5565(f): 10:29am On Dec 12, 2016
Thanks to mamas that helped me. God bless.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Teegali(f): 10:45am On Dec 12, 2016
Good morning great mums,pls my DD hasn't poo since 4days now,she farts alot n pees well, she takes breast milk n formula,. I hope its normal n pls what can I do to help her.thanks all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 1:08pm On Dec 12, 2016
bussy2rhymes:
Happy Sunday mamas,Pls what can i use for this, when it's started, I complained to the doctor when I took to hospital, nothing was prescribed. I have used baby tribotan and now bathing with sebamed soap but there isn't no improvement. pls help me look at it. He's 6wks old. Thanks

cc; soonest, helovesme, zaynie, Alphahandmaiden
And other sabi mamas

mama,he will overgrow it soon. you can try palm kernel oil though. dont worry much pls.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 1:20pm On Dec 12, 2016
Teegali:
Good morning great mums,pls my DD hasn't poo since 4days now,she farts alot n pees well, she takes breast milk n formula,. I hope its normal n pls what can I do to help her.thanks all

take fruits like oranges,watermelon etc and water too. it will help. do ensure you give her water too since she is on formula. Or you can express little orange too and give her. one of these will work. cheers.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
mydeporch:
Hello Mamas.

New here and baby is just 9days what can one do abt dis inverted nipples tins? B cos sometimes my baby find it difficult to latch. Av bn pumping d brst milk sometimes so in case we find it diff in d midnite, will make use of it. At times, are lucky to get him to Latch.
-how long to keep expressed milk outside or in d fridge?
-when do I start using gripe water for baby? Do u mix with water to give baby or directly and wat mwasurement shld b followed?.
mummy coldfeet,zaynie,soonest other mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Godmother(f): 2:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
Teegali:

My dd has the same issue. Pls mamas help us chook mouth in this matter.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missexiest: 2:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
Pls mamas,what can a breastfeeding mum use for diarrhea.Have been stooling(watery stool) for the past two days after I ate one kain vegetable soup and I dont know if I can use imodium.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 3:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
Mamas help me thank God oh,while I was busy complaining of the cost of caring for my kids,I didnt know God was arranging Sumone to samma them with Gift.
He is a God of plenty surprises

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2016
missexiest:
Pls mamas,what can a breastfeeding mum use for diarrhea.Have been stooling(watery stool) for the past two days after I ate one kain vegetable soup and I dont know if I can use imodium.
Let it run its course so the bug bothering your system can be flushed out, imodium is excreted via breast milk and make your baby constipated.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 4:43pm On Dec 12, 2016
dexterush:
Mamas help me thank God oh,while I was busy complaining of the cost of caring for my kids,I didnt know God was arranging Sumone to samma them with Gift.
He is a God of plenty surprises
We thank God for His awesomeness! He is forever the great provider.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kwentjules: 6:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
Don't know if my question is a lil awkward bt its somehow bothering me...it's abt my Tommy.gave birth Oct 31. Bt wen yuh look at me yuh will think am still Preggy. People evn still ask me wen am going to offload. I have tied my Tommy, used hot water to massage it, bt no effect.... am thinking of using a waist trainer. Bt I dnt know where I can get a quality one. Any momma dat knows where I can get one should pls direct me. I reside in lag, festac

Also for someone Dat gave birth in Oct 31, if I see my menstrual flow now is it Tooo early? Cos I just noticed blood flow from thurs last week uphill now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wanney: 6:27pm On Dec 12, 2016
[quote author=Teegali post=51854093]Good morning great mums,pls my DD hasn't poo since 4days now,she farts alot n pees well, she takes breast milk n formula,. I hope its normal n pls what can I do to help her.thanks all)

My dd had the same issueand she s on breastmilk n formula as well.once it got to 6 days,I blended an apple and gave her 2.5mls of the juice,the second time it happened before her git normalised I added small glucose powder to her water.both times she pooped the next day.but subsequently ensure you give her water to drink daily, then add extra water while preparing her formula like e.g 2 scoops to 80mls instead of 60mls
Those were my funny methods.she poops every other day now.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
zimunachimdi:

mummy coldfeet,zaynie,soonest other mamas.

Sorry I have no idea.
I think Iomoge and Rofemiguwa should have answers.
Iomoge has inverted tips too amd Rofemiguwa ddoes the milk thingy

For gripe water?...... me I am TeamNoDrugs o.

Cc Mydeporch

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 6:39pm On Dec 12, 2016
Teegali, give her warm water right before she eats and right after too.
Lots of water and freshly squeezed orange or juiced watermelon will do the trick.
Also warm water first thing in the morning makes a great difference too.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 7:56pm On Dec 12, 2016
UmmTwins2:

Sugah, ds is the reason u see people using products like pampers even if they'r of poor quality or not; cos ppl see it n can get it everywhere. N some good quality ones that r easily available r too expensive. I looked around the market for braps diapers on Saturday but na so so pampers n molfix I dey see n now that i'm hearing there's fake molfix too embarassed
Joyfullmama:

Molfix is rubbish angry
07064447557 her name is Blessing... She is in festac.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 8:01pm On Dec 12, 2016
Sorry onegai..Saturday and the last week was crazy for me...I even almost missed my flight.

embarassed we have been battling infection on Ayomide embarassed he took 2 injections and on oral antibiotics.

Would come give details when all these have passed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 8:08pm On Dec 12, 2016
Liftedhands:
We thank God for His awesomeness! He is forever the great provider.
Yes oh,NNE Ekene
I pray he continues to provide for our every need.

How is our king of freshness
Kisses to him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.