Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,746 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (754) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400802 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 8:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
kwentjules:
Don't know if my question is a lil awkward bt its somehow bothering me...it's abt my Tommy.gave birth Oct 31. Bt wen yuh look at me yuh will think am still Preggy. People evn still ask me wen am going to offload. I have tied my Tommy, used hot water to massage it, bt no effect.... am thinking of using a waist trainer. Bt I dnt know where I can get a quality one. Any momma dat knows where I can get one should pls direct me. I reside in lag, festac

Also for someone Dat gave birth in Oct 31, if I see my menstrual flow now is it Tooo early? Cos I just noticed blood flow from thurs last week uphill now
There is one mama that sells,I think her moniker is Emerald22, or you can order from online shops.
For your second question I don't think its too early.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 8:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
Mamas that helped with suggestions on the boil matter,thanks so much.bobby is on point now

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 9:39pm On Dec 12, 2016
Thanks coldfeet

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyGwen: 10:39pm On Dec 12, 2016
Please mothers u all have to help me o... I have been reading all the topics in this thread including feeding issue, please u all should help with method to feed my six months old dd as I ve tried everything o, I have also change series of food just for her to eat, have given her pap, gerber, custard, cerelac, mothers delight but she is refusing everything,she don't even want to take anything into her stomach, I have to beat her seriously for her to cry and swallow and it's frustrating as I always feel bad afterwards for beating my six months old.pls sorry for the long post but abeg make all the sabi mums touch light my mata, before I go crazy, biko help a ftm o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maamee01(f): 10:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

we don talk plenty on to top this matter, you can read back for ideas, however to save me repeating myself and we all know that trying to find a particular set of posts on NL can be quite annoying, i am collating all my posts and tips in one place.

please follow the link below:

http://alphahandmaiden..co.uk/2016/12/weaning-foods-for-babies-6-months-and.html

cc all other weaning mamas

hope this helps

Thanks swthrt. Sorry it's coming late motherhood tinz. I have gone through your blog n was inspired, waiting for part 2 as it will be inspiring. Tnx kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kwentjules: 11:05pm On Dec 12, 2016
Thanks dear. Will look her up
dexterush:

There is one mama that sells,I think her moniker is Emerald22, or you can order from online shops.
For your second question I don't think its too early.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretimum: 11:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
MummyGwen:
Please mothers u all have to help me o... I have been reading all the topics in this thread including feeding issue, please u all should help with method to feed my six months old dd as I ve tried everything o, I have also change series of food just for her to eat, have given her pap, gerber, custard, cerelac, mothers delight but she is refusing everything,she don't even want to take anything into her stomach, I have to beat her seriously for her to cry and swallow and it's frustrating as I always feel bad afterwards for beating my six months old.pls sorry for the long post but abeg make all the sabi mums touch light my mata, before I go crazy, biko help a ftm o

Hi,
Alot has been said about feeding and feeding methods. What is it she eats without stress and plenty drama?

Mbok, give it to her to eat and plenty of it, if it's breastmilk or formula she takes without wahala, in my humble opinion please, please and please give her. Then you can add the remaining orishirishi small small.

You just might be surprise she takes adult food very well. She's just 6months, biko no beating! She has a lifetime ahead of her to eat away.

You never know what harm you are causing by beating her and she's crying when eating.

I heard of a story where a baby died because he was being forced to eat. Today he is no more, I would rather have a baby alive taking only breastmilk and formula till the baby is 1+,then have to bury one.

Always #teamnotoforcefeeding.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 11:23pm On Dec 12, 2016
sugah:

Molfix is rubbish angry 07064447557 her name is Blessing... She is in festac.
the last size 3 molfix dh bought is complete wack. oh gawd.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 11:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
mydeporch:
Hello Mamas.

New here and baby is just 9days what can one do abt dis inverted nipples tins? B cos sometimes my baby find it difficult to latch. Av bn pumping d brst milk sometimes so in case we find it diff in d midnite, will make use of it. At times, are lucky to get him to Latch.
-how long to keep expressed milk outside or in d fridge?
-when do I start using gripe water for baby? Do u mix with water to give baby or directly and wat mwasurement shld b followed?.
I had/have the same problem of inverted nipplés. I used nipplé shields at first and I've got both the Medela and the Lansinoh ones but I prefer the Medela ones because they're so soft(silicon) and almost skin like. I searched Konga for you, but they only have the Avent and Tommee Tippee ones. Maybe you should give it a try. After a while the nipplés will be out a little bit and try getting him/her to latch without. I have started weaning mine off the shield, sometimes I succeed in getting him to latch without, sometimes I don't. Its a gradual process.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 11:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
MummyGwen:

You mean you BEAT 'SERIOUSLY' a baby that's 6 months old shocked cry cry cry That's the height of wickedness and nothing but child abuse !!!

You have absolutely NO excuse for spanking a baby that age and there's nothing you can say to justify such insane behaviour.

Honestly Madam, are you okay upstairs? I think you need to see a psychologist because such behaviour is NOT normal at all. You beat her seriously, she cries, you feel bad and then you repeat the cycle again. lipsrsealed Of all techniques that can be used in feeding a BABY, how come it's spanking you've chosen to adopt??!!

In sane climes, that baby would have been taken away from you if word got out that you were actually spanking a 6 months old baby.

Why won't she refuse food from you? If you "beat her seriously" just because she refuses to take a spoon of cereal, only God knows what you do to her when she's cranky or when she soils her nappy immediately after a nappy change/bath.

May God have mercy on you. Amen.

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:22am On Dec 13, 2016
MummyGwen, keep breastfeeding and give formula .
Blend sweet fruits like banana , apples, grapes and spoon feed. ( they contain simple sugars and vitamins)
Have you tried hard boiled eggs? Dodo nko?
Try to give the food you eat too.
I know my lil sweetie loved meat and chicken pie fillings like madt and she always got a taste when i buy one.
Also try making amala with really slimy okro.....before the baby can decide to spit it out, it is on the way to the throat.

I should.have your head for hitting that little baby buh I see Helovesme beat me to it plus I have been in a similar place before.

If you have underlying issues rather than take it out on your baby, talk to someone, write it out.
Look at your child as someone who needs you for everything....be everything.
Also make the food in small quantities so that if she refuses it , it wont be so frustrating,

Goodluck

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 5:52am On Dec 13, 2016
It happens everytime
some dine innocently without a hint of bad aim
while in others it is intentionally done...
For instance someone baby was snatched in a school I wont mention here... the Snatcher pretended he forgot the kid I.d at home and the illiterate security feel for his Facebook I'd and pictures

zaynie:

So sorry about that,
I think the guy has been banned.
Its not that he took it off the internet but that he came into the thread went thru the pictures and saved it for this! Na wa o!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 5:58am On Dec 13, 2016
Most mothers are in a hurry to ho to work
Most husband Do not supports mama works at home when the mama works
So 1plus 1 equal 1
Fraustration and stress set in
The spark flew
Action speaks faster
Words shealtef
Love dies
Hi...
I don't think mama seriously beat the child
yo her it was a serious beat cuz she felt guilty
Please no condemned Mama's here
Let ask how she can fed the kids let's help if we can
...no condemnation
helovesme:

You mean you BEAT 'SERIOUSLY' a baby that's 6 months old shocked cry cry cry That's the height of wickedness and nothing but child abuse !!!

You have absolutely NO excuse for spanking a baby that age and there's nothing you can say to justify such insane behaviour.

Honestly Madam, are you okay upstairs? I think you need to see a psychologist because such behaviour is NOT normal at all. You beat her seriously, she cries, you feel bad and then you repeat the cycle again. lipsrsealed Of all techniques that can be used in feeding a BABY, how come it's spanking you've chosen to adopt??!!

In sane climes, that baby would have been taken away from you if word got out that you were actually spanking a 6 months old baby.

Why won't she refuse food from you? If you "beat her seriously" just because she refuses to take a spoon of cereal, only God knows what you do to her when she's cranky or when she soils her nappy immediately after a nappy change/bath.

May God have mercy on you. Amen.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 6:02am On Dec 13, 2016
Wow... I love ur advise
I love it so
Direct to the questions
And at the end a conclusion
Thanks for advisory poem
On okra and small small
Thanks for That. Insight
know money for food no be beans
Love u Mama
zaynie:
MummyGwen, keep breastfeeding and give formula .
Blend sweet fruits like banana , apples, grapes and spoon feed. ( they contain simple sugars and vitamins)
Have you tried hard boiled eggs? Dodo nko?
Try to give the food you eat too.
I know my lil sweetie loved meat and chicken pie fillings like madt and she always got a taste when i buy one.
Also try making amala with really slimy okro.....before the baby can decide to spit it out, it is on the way to the throat.

I should.have your head for hitting that little baby buh I see Helovesme beat me to it plus I have been in a similar place before.

If you have underlying issues rather than take it out on your baby, talk to someone, write it out.
Look at your child as someone who needs you for everything....be everything.
Also make the food in small quantities so that if she refuses it , it wont be so frustrating,

Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 6:08am On Dec 13, 2016
Good
you could write a books
have been SNEAKING on your post same with Onegai write ups
You both are good
I have over 3 blog and they can get traffic if the are same area as yours
good initiative
maamee01:

Thanks swthrt. Sorry it's coming late motherhood tinz. I have gone through your blog n was inspired, waiting for part 2 as it will be inspiring. Tnx kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyGwen: 6:37am On Dec 13, 2016
U all have said well... But if only u know what am passing thru with this my drama queen, u all will raise hand for be and a trophy for been the best and most caring mother on planet earth, my baby don't eat, a six months old looking like a 3months old, looking lean, she can put food in her mouth and not swallow it for ages, she will just keep it there. And for the record, I have tried all those blend fruit, even my colleagues do laff at me, I have to go to shoprite the other day to get all the good fruits baby likes, like kiwi, apple, pear, potatoes and the rest, I spent 8k that day, money is not the problem here as I and her dad have decided to give her anything she wishes to eat but she will put the food in her mouth and not eat it, this moment she will eat it the next she won't, for u all to see the many things I ve bought for her in the previous post means I ve done all what u have said, I have read and read all in how a baby will eat, I search Internet everyday cos of that, and as for giving adult food, I am also doing that, but she don't eat much, she will take one or two lil one and d next thing is water all thru. I love my baby so much as I have even ask and they said take her for massaging and I have done that, they said buy her multivitamin and my house have become a mini pharmacy that have all the multivitamin any one can think of including dynamogen. Oya those that said they have pass thru this kind of situation maybe u will tell me that ur baby will put food in their mouth and refuse to swallow it at all and she will pretend she is sleeping, she can sleep with that food in her mouth. Hehehe... I wonder how she learnt all that trick, I am not happy beating my child, it not a thing of joy that any mom will beat even her grown up not to say a six months old. And besides when she is crying she don't still take much she cry in a way that she won't still swallow the food like she is crying and the food is still in her mouth, have anyone also seen that or pass thru that. I have join this thread almost four months and I read everything, before I posted here know it has gone beyond my control. Thanks for all the response, and mind u am not justifying myself. She even refuse formular, I tried that one when ever I notice she want water and she refuse drinking it, the only thing she take is breastmilk. Can a six months survive on that and am a working mom. She goes to crèche. Oya make una respond again.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beckytunde(f): 6:46am On Dec 13, 2016
kidco:
Happy Shiloh
thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shawylux(f): 7:37am On Dec 13, 2016
MummyGwen:
U all have said well... But if only u know what am passing thru with this my drama queen, u all will raise hand for be and a trophy for been the best and most caring mother on planet earth, my baby don't eat, a six months old looking like a 3months old, looking lean, she can put food in her mouth and not swallow it for ages, she will just keep it there. And for the record, I have tried all those blend fruit, even my colleagues do laff at me, I have to go to shoprite the other day to get all the good fruits baby likes, like kiwi, apple, pear, potatoes and the rest, I spent 8k that day, money is not the problem here as I and her dad have decided to give her anything she wishes to eat but she will put the food in her mouth and not eat it, this moment she will eat it the next she won't, for u all to see the many things I ve bought for her in the previous post means I ve done all what u have said, I have read and read all in how a baby will eat, I search Internet everyday cos of that, and as for giving adult food, I am also doing that, but she don't eat much, she will take one or two lil one and d next thing is water all thru. I love my baby so much as I have even ask and they said take her for massaging and I have done that, they said buy her multivitamin and my house have become a mini pharmacy that have all the multivitamin any one can think of including dynamogen. Oya those that said they have pass thru this kind of situation maybe u will tell me that ur baby will put food in their mouth and refuse to swallow it at all and she will pretend she is sleeping, she can sleep with that food in her mouth. Hehehe... I wonder how she learnt all that trick, I am not happy beating my child, it not a thing of joy that any mom will beat even her grown up not to say a six months old. And besides when she is crying she don't still take much she cry in a way that she won't still swallow the food like she is crying and the food is still in her mouth, have anyone also seen that or pass thru that. I have join this thread almost four months and I read everything, before I posted here know it has gone beyond my control. Thanks for all the response, and mind u am not justifying myself. She even refuse formular, I tried that one when ever I notice she want water and she refuse drinking it, the only thing she take is breastmilk. Can a six months survive on that and am a working mom. She goes to crèche. Oya make una respond again.
Mama, I can understand how you feel. Reading your write up now makes me realize how my mom must have suffered trying everything to make me eat while I was little. Just give her even if it's the little one she puts in the mouth maybe it's her way of eating now and will eventually outgrow it. My mom's mantra to anyone who complains that her baby doesn't eat well has always been 'if my daughter could survive surely yours will'. I hated anything food until I got to boarding school in secondary school and immediately turned to a great consumer. Lol.... Just take it a step at a time. Maybe find her favorite. Even if it means taking it morning, noon and night. The Lord is your strength.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 7:55am On Dec 13, 2016
Mummygwen has she always been like this? Or did it just start? Did you do ebf? Cos most ebf babies find it really hard to transition to other food ranges.

If she was on formula before then stopped I suggest you try other brands and go have her see a doctor to rule out ear throat infections as pain may be a reason she is not swallowing anything heavier than fluid.

Don't be so hard on her and yourself motherhood is a lifetime of ups and downs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barag(f): 8:28am On Dec 13, 2016
[quote author=MummyGwen post=51880093]U all have said well... But if only u know what am passing thru with this my drama queen, u all will raise hand for be and a trophy for been the best and most caring mother on planet earth, my baby don't eat, a six months old looking like a 3months old, looking lean,

does she eat at the creche? maybe u should try someone else feeding her and see if she would take. u can also breastfeed her first then when she's through with that give her other food.

My baby too is a picky eater n if she's very hungry, she would want to suck first, its only after then she MIGHT take a little of what u r offering. Iv learnt to cope wt her like that.

If she take only a little at a time its better than nothing. As for her weight hope u r not comparing her wt other 6 month old babies around. If they r all plump n yours is not u might feel she is underweight.

My baby too is slim but she is meeting all her milestones n that should b Ur utmost concern

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 13, 2016
mummygwen, I understand how you feel. It's frustrating having a child that doesn't like eating. People make comments and it makes you feel like a bad mother. You do all you can, try a lot of different foods and still the child rejects it then you ve no option but to seriously beat a six month old, six month old? To make her eat? Ok! At this point, I think you need some type of doc too.

I don't care what your reasons are, that is child abuse. Is your husband aware that you are maltreating his baby?
I wish we lived in a saner society where things worked within the ambit of the law. That poor baby would have been removed from your care.
If God forbid she chokes during one of your forceful feeding sessions and something happens to her, you will never outlive the guilt.

Have you tried giving her multivitamins?
If all she wants is bm, give her bm. Express and take it to the crèche. It can be exhausting but still a better option. She's just six month old.
Be more patient.

Or better still see a pead.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 8:57am On Dec 13, 2016
kidco:
Most mothers are in a hurry to ho to work
Most husband Do not supports mama works at home when the mama works
So 1plus 1 equal 1
Fraustration and stress set in
The spark flew
Action speaks faster
Words shealtef
Love dies

Hi...
I don't think mama seriously beat the child
yo her it was a serious beat cuz she felt guilty
Please no condemned Mama's here
Let ask how she can fed the kids let's help if we can
...no condemnation

For your mind now, you've made sense undecided

So the reasons you've listed makes PHYSICALLY ASSAULTING an innocent BABY justifiable? undecided

Oga, it's best you focus on your book selling business and not make such posts as you come across as someone in support of child abuse.

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 8:59am On Dec 13, 2016
faithisallihave:

I don't care what your reasons are, that is child abuse. Is your husband aware that you are maltreating his baby?
I wish we lived in a saner society where things worked within the ambit of the law. That poor baby would have been removed from your care.

If God forbid she chokes during one of your forceful feeding sessions and something happens to her, you will never outlive the guilt.

My dear, God bless you.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HiAll: 9:09am On Dec 13, 2016
MummyGwen:
toug woman, lemme ask u a question, what of if u continue beating her and then she finally choke on tht food and...lemme not say what i wantesd to say, but lemme say..."something happens to her", what will u do?? probabaly u wud look for someone else to blame right? maybe u wud even come and blame me here for saying it. lady, for all d beatings u r giving tht child now, u wud wish she was as thin as creyfish but alive. so, if u are a first time mom and dont know how to learn the patience of taking care of a baby, GET HELP!!! OK? It wont harm u to do so. did u beat her before she takes food wen she was one day old? did u wen she was one week old? did u wen she was one month old? have u sat down to figure out exactly wen u started beating her? have u checked and probably noticed tht in may have occured wen u started work again and u r simply transferring office pressure to tht blessed kid? could it be tht wen u feel the frustrations of work, u return home, and ur baby feels the frustrations in u (yes, dont ask me how, just know tht she can feel the pressures and frustrations u feel, wen u do) and she reacts in the best way she thinks she can, by not eating, instead of u cuddling tht little angel and assuring her everything will be ok, u lack de patience to rock ur baby and make her feel secure. Rather, u wack her! well, continue, i wont say weda u shud stop or not, tht depends sorely on u, and ur husband, who am so surprised is sitting there and watching u self-service his child. but know one thing, there r certain problem all the money in the world can not solve. dont end up in such a point in life. so young woman, When u return back home today from ur stressed work, think carefully about this EPISTLE u have just finished reading, dwell on it, then go back and start afresh on being a mother, a real mother at tht!

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HiAll: 9:10am On Dec 13, 2016
MummyGwen:
young woman, lemme ask u a question, what of if u continue beating her and then she finally choke on tht food and...lemme not say what i wanted to say, but lemme say..."something happens to her", what will u do?? probably u wud look for someone else to blame right? maybe u wud even come and blame me here for saying it. lady, for all d beatings u r giving tht child now, u wud wish she was as thin as creyfish but alive. so, if u are a first time mom and dont know how to learn the patience of taking care of a baby, GET HELP!!! OK? It wont harm u to do so. did u beat her before she takes food wen she was one day old? did u wen she was one week old? did u wen she was one month old? have u sat down to figure out exactly wen u started beating her? have u checked and probably noticed tht in may have occured wen u started work again and u r simply transferring office pressure to tht blessed kid? could it be tht wen u feel the frustrations of work, u return home, and ur baby feels the frustrations in u (yes, dont ask me how, just know tht she can feel the pressures and frustrations u feel, wen u do) and she reacts in the best way she thinks she can, by not eating, instead of u cuddling tht little angel and assuring her everything will be ok, u lack de patience to rock ur baby and make her feel secure. Rather, u wack her! well, continue, i wont say weda u shud stop or not, tht depends sorely on u, and ur husband, who am so surprised is sitting there and watching u wack his child. but know one thing, there r certain problem all the money in the world can not solve. dont end up in such a point in life. so young woman, When u return back home today from ur stressed work, think carefully about this EPISTLE u have just finished reading, dwell on it, then go back and start afresh on being a mother, a real mother at tht!

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 9:16am On Dec 13, 2016
MummyGwen:
I am not happy beating my child, it not a thing of joy that any mom will beat even her grown up not to say a six months old. And besides when she is crying she don't still take much she cry in a way that she won't still swallow the food like she is crying and the food is still in her mouth, have anyone also seen that or pass thru that. I have join this thread almost four months and I read everything, before I posted here know it has gone beyond my control. Can a six months survive on that and am a working mom. She goes to crèche. Oya make una respond again.

Mama cool down. She's only 6months just trying to get a hang on other tastes and textures. Many babies do that. Even my own did that. Once you put food in his mouth, he feigns sleep. Once you leave him, he bends his mouth and everything comes out. Was very frustrating but guess what, it's a phase. He's a voracious eater now.
Keep giving bmilk and formula and little of other things. Her appetite will improve with time ok.
Don't beat n feed again. She might choke and die. God forbid.
Pls be patient with her. Forget about her weight for now.

Ps: pls we should correct with love. It isn't easy being a mother and nobody does it right all the time.
Good morning

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:34am On Dec 13, 2016
Good morning mamas.

I am hereby invoking my powers as Class Captain smiley to get everyone to stop making comments to mummygwen. She has heard and she will make the decisions that she feels is best for her and her child. Repeat that to yourselves, "her child". So everyone please back off.

Mummygwen, I was the world's pickiest eater. I ate paper and erasers rather than food. I was beaten, begged, bribed and cajoled. My daughter sometimes has 2 meal options at every meal, she holds food in her mouth and sometimes spits it out when she wants to drink water and she is turning 18 months in 2 weeks. My niece would make her 2 parents (consultant paediatricians o, wih plenty experience in childcare) count to 7 before every mouthfull and run around. All of us are thriving. All of us hit our milestones on target.

A healthy baby is a healthy baby, not a plump baby is automatically a healthy baby. It is stressful and frustrating but it has been proven in several studies that no child will starve themselves willingly. So take a deep breath and when you get frustrated, leave her and continue later. Give her to someone else to feed.

If your LO eats only 2 spoonfulls maybe that is enough for her at that moment and she will eat another 2 spoonfulls in 1 hour's time. If she goes to creche, you may have to get a nanny or pay extra to the childcare minders at the creche to make sure they keep her mouth busy with food every hour (giving her more attention than other kids). Such is life. She'll be fine one day.

Okay?

Please let us move on from this. It is up to Mummygwen to decide how she wants to go ahead with the info she has been given. We have spoken and said enough and I don't this to get out of hand please.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dtush(f): 9:34am On Dec 13, 2016
[quote author=MummyGwen post=51880093]U all have said well... But if only u know what am passing thru with this my drama queen, u all will raise hand for be and a trophy for been the best and most caring mother on planet earth, my baby don't eat, a six months old looking like

I really did not want to add my own two cents to this matter, cos i felt i would have nothing nice to say (infact, i am tempted to get cane to flog you sef). But we need to address this issue. My follow mother have been chastised enuf. Are you sure you aint suffering from post partum depression. You baby is only six months. I know of someone who did for almost 2 years after having her baby. I also had a touch of it

You need to reevaluate yourself. Do u get angry easily?, does her crying make you make to hurl somethg against the wall. I am not doctor, but i think you should seek medical help.

How would you feel, if she was beaten by her minders at the creche?.

Since money no be problem, get a nanny. We are not super human. Take days off at times.

I take a day off every month to focus on me, go to the spa, go see a movie or just lock myself in the room and sleep, to reboot. Been a mother is hard, esp a working mother with no help (not saying stay home mums have it any easy oo)

Believe me, at 6 months, you have not seen anythg, wen she starts walking and scattering the house nko, you go kill am?

You need a friend, someone to rant to, someone to help u, guide you. I am no pro, but for this little baby, i will do wat i can

You can send me an inmail. Lets talk.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 9:34am On Dec 13, 2016
MummyGwen:

First of all, you need to STOP beating your baby. It is a very dangerous path to thread on in motherhood. She will still do many more things that will stress you out and annoy you as she grows older and evolves into a toddler/teenager. She will smash your phone on the floor (like my son did to my husband's phone), smash your laptop on the floor(like what my son did to my work laptop, scribble on your lovely white wall with crayons (my hallway needs a new coat of paint), etc. What are you going to do then? Strangle her to death?

Motherhood requires LOTS and LOTS of patience and anger management. If you think you are stressed, hand her over to someone else (e.g. Your husband) and go somewhere and cool off till you are in the right mood to deal with her.

Children thrive in an atmosphere of love. She can feel all the tension from you and all the negative vibes from you when it comes to meal time. So that's why you need to relax and completely change your strategy.

That said, most babies at 6 months do not eat 10 or 20 spoons of food. Most cases, 5 tea spoons at most and they are full. Don't forget that at that age, their stomach is still small and at that age, they still rely on milk (breast milk or formula or both). This is why weaning/transitioning a baby to solids is a gradual process. The fact that she's even taking a spoon or two means she's doing well for her age.

Before you feed her, you need to relax and be happy. Play with her. Sing. Compose all sort of songs for her. Laugh with her. Entertain her.

You also need to get her prepared for meal times. If you do not have a high chair, please go and buy one. You should also buy colourful plates and spoons for her. Sit her in the high chair and give her the empty plate and spoon to play with. She needs to know that's once she's sat in the high chair , then it's "yummy time" which means it's time for delicious food.

You can decide to do baby-led weaning (where you leave the food on the plate on the high chair table) and leave her to eat whatever she likes and make as much mess as possible or you feed her yourself.

Some meals are instant hit with babies. For example, ripe bananas. Get a really ripe banana, mash it really well and mix with water and formula till you have a paste and give her. While feeding her, move down to her level either by kneeling or sitting down and establish eye contact. Sing while feeding her, act like you are putting the food in your own and make interesting sounds like "yummy" "tasty". For every spoon she takes, make sure you sound very excited by screaming "yayyy", clapping and giving her a warm hug/kiss.

You must radiate positive vibes while feeding her. If after two or three spoons she's not interested, hug her, tell her she's a good girl for even eating at all and giver her toys to play with. Use the same technique at every meal time and see if she won't gradually increase the number of spoon she takes.

Never ever force her to eat or force food into her mouth while it's wide open just because she's crying. It can go disastrously wrong. It can lead to choking and even death.

You should also taste her food before you give her. Some baby foods (even the imported brands) are disgusting. If the food tastes like yuck, then there's every possibility that your daughter won't like it.

The same applies to formula. Different brands. Different tastes. Just the same way Peak milk tastes better than Cowbell milk. Look for brand she likes and stick to it. Some babies are just cut out to be high maintaineace. She might actually prefer a premium formula brand which will cost you more.

You need to be more experimental in the food you give her. Try all sorts till you find out what she likes. For example, puréed SWEET POTATOES is well loved by babies. It must be puréed to a fine paste with no bit and pieces. Add a dash of sunflower oil or a little butter and give it to her. Prepared Wheat is also another favourite with babies. It must be really really soft before you give it to her. Same with amala. Blend ewedu leaves with boiled deboned macreal fish, boil the mixture, allow it to cool down and give it to her with wheat/amala.

You said she drinks water a lot during meal time. Do you give her water often during the day and not wait till meal time? If not, then you should do so. If you leave her thirsty till meal time, then all she will be focused on is just drinking water to quench her taste.

You've also said she goes to a crèche. What's her feeding like there?

She's only six months old. Some babies do not start eating solids "seriously" till they are around 8-9 months old.

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:37am On Dec 13, 2016
We have all spoken and said enough to MummyGwen please.

dtush, thanks for the offer. Mummygwen, consider taking her up on her offer of a pm. Lord knows I too need it. smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 10:10am On Dec 13, 2016
Post modified/deleted

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 203
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.