Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (883) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4398664 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 2:17pm On May 02, 2017
thanks ma

AlphaHandMaiden:

cc. enque

see post i made last year showing the type i had.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 2:31pm On May 02, 2017
feddy27:

6 Months

1. Apple Pap/Custard

Ingredients
Pap/Custard
Pureed apples
Baby's formula

Method
Peel, dice and cook apples till soft then blend to a smooth consistency
Make your pap/custard and add pureed apples + baby's milk

2. Oats Porridge

Ingredients
Ground oats
Pureed bananas
Baby's milk

Method
Add oat to water and place pan on fire
When ready, add pureed banana + baby's milk

I have more but I need to run out now... will continue when I'm less busy

cc: eribooboo, enque

Thankz mama

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 2:45pm On May 02, 2017
@feddy27, i love these. Thank youuuuuuuuuuu

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 3:09pm On May 02, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

I so agree with you!, like 2 years ago i had gotten the nuby babyfood blender/ steamer set for a friend and was thinking of getting one for myself, but no space to put it so i started looking at all the gadgets i currently own! and voila, gathering dust at the back of my cupboard was my hand blender.

It is ideal for small quantities. you can easily blend / purree one or two portions to a very smooth consistency, you don not need to add to much liquid and you do not need to fill it till half for it to blend well.

when i discovered it, the way i felt ehn! you will think i discovers a pot of gold in my backyard! grin

all i use is my largest mug with high sides with a piece of kitchen towel over the top of the mug to reduce splashes..... Done! grin

This was what I was too lazy to type.
Mine came with a cup for blending.

I think I saw the tip from one of your posts back when I was preparing for this phase.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 3:16pm On May 02, 2017
@ AlphaHandMaiden, did you say hand blenders can make puree? please what type is it? Can you post a pic? Please ma

I really don't want to get another blender myself and i've been thinking of what to use for my lo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 3:20pm On May 02, 2017
enque:

Pls can we see a pic of the hand blender

I'd post when I get back home.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 3:21pm On May 02, 2017
Feddy27 you are just upsome! My rolls model grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 3:59pm On May 02, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Pls post pictures of the blender.
enque:

Pls can we see a pic of the hand blender

It's a multipurpose one. I got this cos of the whisker and mixer too.
Got it at Cash and Carry

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 4:02pm On May 02, 2017
iomoge2:

Wao
If sum1 can read through this tread. There is so much to learn.

Thanks much
Cc sugah
Thanks but i didnt see pix of ya food o. grin

Oya call Zoe to come chop grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 4:34pm On May 02, 2017
[quote author=sugah post=56130864]Lunch is served:
Sweet potatoes + sweet corn+ carrot + chicken + Titus fish. So yummy!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 4:45pm On May 02, 2017
@omaibaji, longest time no see, Happy Birthday to your princess.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 5:20pm On May 02, 2017
rofemiguwa:
Hello sabi mamas
How r we all doing.hope fine.
Please bcz of my ill health and the amount of antibiotics in my system.m bin forced to wean my daughter when i get discharged.
I know she is almost one but i dont want to stop nursing.i enjoy her tugging at my clothes when i come back from work or trying to acess the breast tru awkward postions.i miss that bond and i dont think i wanna let go yet.
I am told all the drugs that have bin pumped into my system might affect her.
Is there a way to mybe holdoff for like a week before going back to nursing her.or should i just let go.??

Please a help a very sad and worried mom.
Thank u
I don't know.the type of antibiotics you were.given but when I gave birth and had severe infections my doctors assured me the drugs I was given are infant friendly. That the little that may pass thru milk won't affect him. What I did was to make sure he and I drank lots of water!he was just five days old when my system was pumped with antibiotic.

You can take a break for like a week while eating lots of fruits and taking water to help rid you system of the drugs then resume breastfeeding.

Anyways do online research on the side effects of the drugs you were given to.see how bad or mild the effects will be on her.

Praying for your quick recovery and my love to pristine.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 5:28pm On May 02, 2017
sugah:

Oya call Zoe to come chop grin

So yummy.
Will give it a try.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 5:30pm On May 02, 2017
sugah:

It's a multipurpose one. I got this cos of the whisker and mixer too.
Got it at Cash and Carry

I so want.
Thankx.
Lemme search well.
I think there is a philips shop at docemu.

Thankx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 5:55pm On May 02, 2017
Fyngal1:
good morning mamas. please, has anybody used (or using) NUTRIBOM? i need reviews because m thinking of buying it for my baby
Nutribom is bae! Very yummy and delicious.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 6:54pm On May 02, 2017
Thanks Sugah feddy27 alphahandmaiden

U guys r d best

Biko share more tips when u can

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Roselok(f): 7:07pm On May 02, 2017
Good evening mummies in the house,am new here, hope am welcome,I gave birth April 16 to a bouncing baby boy.

13 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 7:14pm On May 02, 2017
NoQualms1:
Happy New Month mamas.

Can I use Nizoral shampoo as normal shampoo for my toddlers? I used it some months ago for cradle cap but it's just at home wasting away. Dunno if it's safe for normal use.

cc Soonest and all mamas.

Instead of it to waste away, use it up. After it finishes, don't make it there regular shampoo except there's cause. Cheers

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realtalk19: 7:43pm On May 02, 2017
StevensJojo:
Hello mamas.Please help me o.My daughter suddenly had a dry patch on the side of her forehead.It looks like baby exzema
What can i put to clear it off.When i touch it if feels like paper.The skin there is a little discoloured like exzema.Its very dry.Please help

use tribotan for adult. apply little to d patched areas only
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dependableGod(f): 8:32pm On May 02, 2017
feddy27:
Organic mamas, try these recipes:
7months+
1. Chicken Casserole
Ingredients Potatoes (sweet or irish) Chicken breast (boneless chicken) Carrot
Dice and boil all together. Blend and serve warm. I also add this combo to my maize pap a times.
2. Creamy plantain soup
Ingredients Ripe plantain Small onion Baby formula
Cook the ripe plantain and onions together and blend to a fine paste. Add baby's formula and serve.
3. Semolina porridge
Ingredients Semolina Banana Baby's formula
Method Dissolve semolina in water and place pan on fire. When done, remove and add pureed banana and baby's formula.
4. Fruit Porridge Ingredients Baby rice ( I use brown ground rice) Mango + apple puree Baby's milk
Dissolve baby rice in water and place pan on fire to get done Add pureed mango + apple

cc: sugah, presva, enque
More recipes later kiss kiss

tks so much for dis solid information! God bless u and urs!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 8:55pm On May 02, 2017
Fyngal1:
good morning mamas. please, has anybody used (or using) NUTRIBOM? i need reviews because m thinking of buying it for my baby
So far, it's the only cereal my son likes....he rejects all others so I guess it's good.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PresVA: 9:45pm On May 02, 2017
feddy27, you're bae kiss

the oats you and Sugah talked about, is the normal oat adults take? or there's baby's own?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 10:47pm On May 02, 2017
soonest:

Instead of it to waste away, use it up. After it finishes, don't make it there regular shampoo except there's cause. Cheers

Thanks so much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 11:40pm On May 02, 2017
Liftedhands:
I don't know.the type of antibiotics you were.given but when I gave birth and had severe infections my doctors assured me the drugs I was given are infant friendly. That the little that may pass thru milk won't affect him. What I did was to make sure he and I drank lots of water!he was just five days old when my system was pumped with antibiotic.

You can take a break for like a week while eating lots of fruits and taking water to help rid you system of the drugs then resume breastfeeding.

Anyways do online research on the side effects of the drugs you were given to.see how bad or mild the effects will be on her.

Praying for your quick recovery and my love to pristine.

Thank you mama.

Hello everyone.missed you all.thanks for all ur likes,mentions,prayers.
Am much beta now.finished my drugs and all that.even started work sef.
And planning parry ontop.

I held off as much as i could but my dd refused to let mama go.so we r back to suckisucki.
But i have stoped night time bfing.she has moved to her room now and left mamas bed.dh is over the moon but he enter one chance bus.hehehehehe.

So we will be sharing cake nextweek o.start dropping orders now. cheesy

Much luv pple.

Pic. Pristine carry family tradition(i drink water from plate,my pikin don learn am

15 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 2:54am On May 03, 2017
Roselok:
Good evening mummies in the house,am new here, hope am welcome,I gave birth April 16 to a bouncing baby boy.

Welcome
How's vigilante?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 7:53am On May 03, 2017
PresVA:
fedd.y27, you're bae kiss

the oats you and Sugah talked about, is the normal oat adults take? or there's baby's own?
Yes, normal oat like Quaker oats but blended to flour.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by semilore12: 7:54am On May 03, 2017
I have enfamil 227g for newborn and similac at giveaway prices...dm for details. See pic attached

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chychy4us: 9:20am On May 03, 2017
Thanks mamas for the great organic food recipes, my dd is 11 weeks now, i can't wait for her to be 6 months so that we can try all those great recipes. My first and second didn't get the chance to smiley

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:20am On May 03, 2017
obitobe:
please house what is the price of each stages of vaccine

T BIRTH:
Hep B
Oral polio(OPV)
BCG

6 WEEKS:
OPV
Penta1
Rota Virus
Pneumococal(PCV)

10 WEEKS:
OPV
Penta 2
Rota Virus
PCV

14 WEEKS:
OPV
Penta 3
PCV

6 MONTHS:
Vit A

9 MONTHS:
Measles
Yellow fever

12-15 MONTHS:
MMR
Chicken pox + VitA

18 MONTHS:
OPV(Booster)

FROM 2YRS:
Typhoid fever
Meningitis(CSM)

In Limi Hospital Abuja, we paid 8500 for rota virus
The only time i paid for PCV was at his 14th week immunization and it was 10,500

We are also under insurance so most of the immunization is taken care of by the HMO

Don't know about the ones past 14weeks cos we haven't taken them yet.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:02am On May 03, 2017
Ohhhh, am so pained now. Can doctors medically prove that myy son was abused? Am seriously suspecting my house help to be abusing my son!

I don't leave them home n just go out, I resigned my pay job cos of them n have being a home mother. Their birthday is sunday so I have being busy trying to sort things out and was left with no option than to go out n leave them alone with her. Yesterday was dd sdecond time am doing that, the first time I noticed that his p.enis was reddish, yesterday I left home for sorting things and today his genitals are allllll so swollen and painful. I couldn't wash it well this morning.

I want to know if I can prove it medically, I needd to send her packing if that it is.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 10:14am On May 03, 2017
Ohh Jesus!!! @olubankemi, please get your fact right from the doctor before you conclude. I pray it is not what you are thinking. May the lord always protect our children from evil hand and if needs be please send him/her away.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:37am On May 03, 2017
Akorkor:
Ohh Jesus!!! @olubankemi, please get your fact right from the doctor before you conclude. I pray it is not what you are thinking. May the lord always protect our children from evil hand and if needs be please send him/her away.

We are going to d clinic.

Yes, I just need to prove it's what am thinking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.