Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,905 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (882) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4397219 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yseries: 10:15am On May 01, 2017
olamitie:
Please has anyone used this type of electric breast pump? Its china product and cheap,make i no waste money o

Hello, did you later get this breast pump. If yes, pls hw effective is it.

cc: olamitie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:32am On May 01, 2017
Hay that our fine hair? Chei. Pele, you have joined my "na boy, he no need am consolation club. My prayer is for my girl to have dh's hair

Sansa145 na so these grandmas dey do. The heat in Lagos sef is much let's not talk about Zaria

jazzyjazz:

My son's own is chopping at the sides. I've done all o can but e no gree stop so I've accepted my fate. I'm told it's cos o hold him more on that side plus na boy so he no need the hair sef
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:11am On May 01, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Hay that our fine hair? Chei. Pele, you have joined my "na boy, he no need am consolation club. My prayer is for my girl to have dh's hair

Sansa145 na so these grandmas dey do. The heat in Lagos sef is much let's not talk about Zaria

My dear na my consolation be that o
For say na girl I for de over worry but as na boy na, make I cool down mbok

Sansa143 welcome to the thread. How's baby Jay? Please the heat is too much. Just wear baby Jay light clothing and of its too windy you cover with light blanket.
In Abuja here the heat is so bad that I don't wear ilan cloth during the day unless the air conditioner is on.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olamitie: 12:23pm On May 01, 2017
yseries:

Hello, did you later get this breast pump. If yes, pls hw effective is it.

cc: olamitie
have ordered but since its under item shipped from abroad under jumia they said they will take 10-20days angry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PresVA: 12:50pm On May 01, 2017
hi mamas, has anyone given her baby soyabeans without peeling?

I mistakenly blended the soyabeans without removing the back....
I fried it then put in the blender to 'de-shell', just few secs, the stuff don blend.. so I couldn't separate the shell....
I go pour the soyabeans away ni? cry any effect of the shell on baby?

Meanyl, I succeeded in doing pap today with millet, guinea corn and yellow corn. . soaked on Friday, blended and filtered today.. waiting for the water to be gone... I hope my baby takes it cheesy

Thanks to Sugah and Feddy27, your comments on going organic really motivated me...
yesterday, my baby had watermelon carrot, apple and banana. . all with milk...
today will be avocado, banana and sweet potatoes. With formula of course. ..
then we take breastmilk majorly at night. ..
and now I have taken a step to make pap grin grin
Thanks to you two, earlier before now we were having only cereal... your comments gave me the motivation I needed..
no more 'processed food' for my baby by God's grace grin grin

ok, make una answer me on my soyabeans issue abeg... We're 7 months +

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 01, 2017
Baby Jay is fine,sleeping soundly now!
jazzyjazz:

My dear na my consolation be that o
For say na girl I for de over worry but as na boy na, make I cool down mbok

Sansa143 welcome to the thread. How's baby Jay? Please the heat is too much. Just wear baby Jay light clothing and of its too windy you cover with light blanket.
In Abuja here the heat is so bad that I don't wear ilan cloth during the day unless the air conditioner is on.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 4:01pm On May 01, 2017
PresVA:

I fried it then put in the blender to 'de-shell', just few secs, the stuff don blend.. so I couldn't separate the shell....

Meanyl, I succeeded in doing pap today with millet, guinea corn and yellow corn. . soaked on Friday, blended and filtered today.. waiting for the water to be gone... I hope my baby takes it cheesy

Thanks to Sugah and Feddy27, your comments on going organic really motivated me...
Thanks to you two, earlier before now we were having only cereal... your comments gave me the motivation I needed..

I don't think it has any effect. He can still take it, I have realised that nothing in life goes to waste, anything u remove can always be used to make another thing
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 6:35pm On May 01, 2017
Great job Presva. Well done.

About the soyabeans, I don't know o... I took mine to the market to blend.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MetroTee: 8:48pm On May 01, 2017
eribooboo:
Mamas little help here, d front hairline of my baby is chopping embarassed embarassed any suggestions on why n wat to do?
I wash her hair twice a week...evry other part is growing very well but I just noticed d front is chopping more n more by d day.... HellepMeOhh

Thankss

Hi eribooboo... sometimes the reason why their hair chops is from excessive dryness. And washing the hair too often contributes to this. Try limiting wash with soap to once a week. You can wet other days. Then shea butter/coconut oil to massage the scalp. That will help stimulate growth.

Are you on instagram? Check out @munaandluchi Lots of helpful tips. The edges usually chop first because they are more sensitive
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 8:55pm On May 01, 2017
Happy New Month of celebration to all mamas.

@HD16, Happy Birthday to your son.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PresVA: 10:36pm On May 01, 2017
Yesitsme:
I don't think it has any effect. He can still take it, I have realised that nothing in life goes to waste, anything u remove can always be used to make another thing
Thanks dear. I think so too smiley

sugah:
Great job Presva. Well done.

About the soyabeans, I don't know o... I took mine to the market to blend.
Alright dear.. and you have no idea whether they peeled it before blending?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eribooboo: 10:54pm On May 01, 2017
Tnxs alots,will reduce d washing to once....it's only shea butter I apply on her hair normally.. will check out d IG page... thank uuuu

MetroTee:

Hi eribooboo... sometimes the reason why their hair chops is from excessive dryness. And washing the hair too often contributes to this. Try limiting wash with soap to once a week. You can wet other days. Then shea butter/coconut oil to massage the scalp. That will help stimulate growth.

Are you on instagram? Check out @munaluchi Lots of helpful tips. The edges usually chop first because they are more sensitive

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 12:33am On May 02, 2017
PresVA:
Thanks dear. I think so too smiley

Alright dear.. and you have no idea whether they peeled it before blending?

Yes she peeled it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StevensJojo(f): 7:58am On May 02, 2017
Hello mamas.Please help me o.My daughter suddenly had a dry patch on the side of her forehead.It looks like baby exzema
What can i put to clear it off.When i touch it if feels like paper.The skin there is a little discoloured like exzema.Its very dry.Please help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 8:05am On May 02, 2017
PresVA:

Thanks to Sug..ah and Fedd..y27, your comments on going organic really motivated me...

O dear.. this is the kind of feedback I love kiss kiss kiss

I don't peel my soybeans o.. I just fry and grind to powder...that skin aids bowel movement so I don't take it out..

Now I'm gingered to share more lovely recipes...

Watch this space

12 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 8:47am On May 02, 2017
feddy27:

O dear.. this is the kind of feedback I love kiss kiss kiss

I don't peel my soybeans o.. I just fry and grind to powder...that skin aids bowel movement so I don't take it out..

Now I'm gingered to share more lovely recipes...

Watch this space

Pls share o, U guys motivate me wella...
kisses to ur kids

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 10:36am On May 02, 2017
enque:

Pls share o, U guys motivate me wella...
kisses to ur kids

Thanks my darling kiss kiss kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 11:18am On May 02, 2017
StevensJojo:
Hello mamas.Please help me o.My daughter suddenly had a dry patch on the side of her forehead.It looks like baby exzema
What can i put to clear it off.When i touch it if feels like paper.The skin there is a little discoloured like exzema.Its very dry.Please help

Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.

If you check back some pages, some mamas listed what has worked for them. Personally, Dove soap and E45 moisturizer works for us.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 11:20am On May 02, 2017
yseries:

Thanks a lot. Mine has a button called baby care , can I use that one too?

Baby care on my LG machine washes at high temperature and washing time is usually like 2hours so I use quick wash, but before it starts rinsing, I switch over to medic rinse
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 11:58am On May 02, 2017
Lunch is served:
Sweet potatoes + sweet corn+ carrot + chicken + Titus fish. So yummy!

Tip for mothers going this organic route and looking to buy a different blender for baby food, please invest in a hand blender​! It saves lives grin and time. Iv used both normal blender and hand blender and I can tell you the difference is clear.
Cc iOmoge2

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 12:27pm On May 02, 2017
sugah:
Lunch is served:

Tip for mothers going this organic route and looking to buy a different blender for baby food, please invest in a hand blender​! It saves lives grin and time. Iv used both normal blender and hand blender and I can tell you the difference is clear.
Cc iOmoge2

I so agree with you!, like 2 years ago i had gotten the nuby babyfood blender/ steamer set for a friend and was thinking of getting one for myself, but no space to put it so i started looking at all the gadgets i currently own! and voila, gathering dust at the back of my cupboard was my hand blender.

It is ideal for small quantities. you can easily blend / purree one or two portions to a very smooth consistency, you don not need to add to much liquid and you do not need to fill it till half for it to blend well.

when i discovered it, the way i felt ehn! you will think i discovers a pot of gold in my backyard! grin

all i use is my largest mug with high sides with a piece of kitchen towel over the top of the mug to reduce splashes..... Done! grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:45pm On May 02, 2017
sugah:
Lunch is served:

Cc iOmoge2

Pls can we see a pic of the hand blender

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 12:49pm On May 02, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Mango puree made with the blender. The mangoes were ripe but quite firm.
Tried to put up a video but its too large.

cc. enque, Eribooboo

see post i made last year showing the type i had. (picture attached to the quoted post)

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 1:04pm On May 02, 2017
sugah:
Lunch is served:

Cc iOmoge2
Pls post pictures of the blender.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 1:38pm On May 02, 2017
Organic mamas, try these recipes:

7months+

1. Chicken Casserole

Ingredients
Potatoes (sweet or irish)
Chicken breast (boneless chicken)
Carrot

Dice and boil all together. Blend and serve warm.
I also add this combo to my maize pap a times.

2. Creamy plantain soup

Ingredients
Ripe plantain
Small onion
Baby formula

Cook the ripe plantain and onions together and blend to a fine paste.
Add baby's formula and serve.

3. Semolina porridge

Ingredients
Semolina
Banana
Baby's formula

Method
Dissolve semolina in water and place pan on fire.
When done, remove and add pureed banana and baby's formula.

4. Fruit Porridge
Ingredients
Baby rice ( I use brown ground rice)
Mango + apple puree
Baby's milk

Dissolve baby rice in water and place pan on fire to get done
Add pureed mango + apple

cc: sugah, presva, enque

More recipes later kiss kiss

18 Likes 24 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 1:41pm On May 02, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Mango puree made with the blender. The mangoes were ripe but quite firm.
Tried to put up a video but its too large.

Wao
If sum1 can read through this tread. There is so much to learn.

Thanks much
Cc sugah
Thanks but i didnt see pix of ya food o. grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 1:42pm On May 02, 2017
feddy27:

7months+

1. Chicken Casserole

Ingredients
Carrot

2. Creamy plantain soup

Ingredients
Ripe plantain
Small onion
Baby formula

3. Semolina porridge

Ingredients
Semolina
Banana
Baby's formula

Method

4. Fruit Porridge
Ingredients
Mango + apple puree
Baby's milk

Add pureed mango + apple

6months nko?
Or we should wait?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by obitobe: 1:45pm On May 02, 2017
please house what is the price of each stages of vaccine

T BIRTH:
Hep B
Oral polio(OPV)
BCG

6 WEEKS:
OPV
Penta1
Rota Virus
Pneumococal(PCV)

10 WEEKS:
OPV
Penta 2
Rota Virus
PCV

14 WEEKS:
OPV
Penta 3
PCV

6 MONTHS:
Vit A

9 MONTHS:
Measles
Yellow fever

12-15 MONTHS:
MMR
Chicken pox + VitA

18 MONTHS:
OPV(Booster)

FROM 2YRS:
Typhoid fever
Meningitis(CSM)

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eribooboo: 1:50pm On May 02, 2017
Pic of d hand blender plsss....was actually thinking of buying d nuby blender

AlphaHandMaiden:

I so agree with you!, like 2 years ago i had gotten the nuby babyfood blender/ steamer set for a friend and was thinking of getting one for myself, but no space to put it so i started looking at all the gadgets i currently own! and voila, gathering dust at the back of my cupboard was my hand blender.

It is ideal for small quantities. you can easily blend / purree one or two portions to a very smooth consistency, you don not need to add to much liquid and you do not need to fill it till half for it to blend well.

when i discovered it, the way i felt ehn! you will think i discovers a pot of gold in my backyard! grin

all i use is my largest mug with high sides with a piece of kitchen towel over the top of the mug to reduce splashes..... Done! grin

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eribooboo: 1:52pm On May 02, 2017
Munched and saved for future reference.(DD is 4m)
Thanks so much....God bless u plenty

feddy27:

7months+

1. Chicken Casserole

Ingredients
Carrot

2. Creamy plantain soup

Ingredients
Ripe plantain
Small onion
Baby formula

3. Semolina porridge

Ingredients
Semolina
Banana
Baby's formula

Method

4. Fruit Porridge
Ingredients
Mango + apple puree
Baby's milk

Add pureed mango + apple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 2:04pm On May 02, 2017
iomoge2:

6months nko?
Or we should wait?

6 Months

1. Apple Pap/Custard

Ingredients
Pap/Custard
Pureed apples
Baby's formula

Method
Peel, dice and cook apples till soft then blend to a smooth consistency
Make your pap/custard and add pureed apples + baby's milk

2. Oats Porridge

Ingredients
Ground oats
Pureed bananas
Baby's milk

Method
Add oat to water and place pan on fire
When ready, add pureed banana + baby's milk

I have more but I need to run out now... will continue when I'm less busy

cc: eribooboo, enque

12 Likes 21 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 2:15pm On May 02, 2017
gwng:
Educational Tablets for students (available on Konga & Jumia, you can as well buy directly from us: 08060675824)

Best Selling EDUCATIONAL TABLET. Useful for students in school and at home. They are the best 'educational' tablet you can get for your child/ward/student with several specially packaged educational resources for Nursery, Primary & Secondary Students.

We have included the Konga links SO YOU CAN SEE OTHER BUYERS' REVIEWS (actual prices are slightly different if buying directly from us):

WiFi Only Versions (Non Sim Type)
Kindergarten, Nursery & Primary
konga.com/a-7-inch-tablet-kin-nur-and-primary-wifi-only-version-1571853
konga.com/a-7-tablet-kin-nur-pry-students-standard-1315431

Secondary
konga.com/a-7-tablet-secondary-basic-1728066
konga.com/a-7-tablet-secondary-standard-1728071

3G Versions (Uses sim)
Kindergarten, Nursery & Primary
konga.com/a-7-tablet-kin-nur-and-pry-basic-3g-version-1343283
konga.com/a-7-tablet-kin-nur-and-pry-standard-3g-version-1343275
konga.com/a-7-tablet-kin-nur-and-pry-premium-3g-version-1343266

Secondary
konga.com/a-7-tablet-secondary-3g-basic-1343262
konga.com/a-7-tablet-secondary-3g-standard-1343225
konga.com/a-7-tablet-secondary-3g-premium-1342833

To buy directly from us call/whatsapp 08060675824 or visit www.edtech.com.ng/shop

(1) (2) (3) ... (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.