Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4401784 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LaRoyalHighness(f): 1:05pm On Jul 15, 2014
... @soup! Draw soup goes down well with kids at 6months. I mean okro soup, ogbolo soup... and I guess ewedu(aint yoruba).

I didn't bother my children with pepper at 6months.

@cereal.. Nutriend worked for me and you can try other cereals too and finally make up your mind about what to stick to.(Always remember that what works for child A maynot work for child B)

All the best!
MojAyo: imagine o,na my mum said,we can be giving him liquid semo,bt I objected,nt my baby,as per d semo with soup,what kind of stew,did my baby need to taste pepper at 6 month,pls elaborate everything to me,and also about d baby cereal,which one can I buy my baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 15, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: I don't know about 'liquid boiled semo inside feeder'.... (Maybe other moms inthe house can confirm that)
I would advise that at 6months, prepare semo like you would eat(a little softer than yours.... make soup and give to your LO. Cook very soft yam, mash and give to baby...

Try very soft indomie, add sardine, mash and give to baby. I can't imagine giving my baby semo to drink. He or she is a human being na.

*and about water, give baby as much as he/she wants...
dear,in d yam,I shouldn't put salt or sugar,and also when its done,can I blend d yam for my baby also to give,and pls name d best baby food I can give my baby,and how is it taken,is it 3 times daily
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LaRoyalHighness(f): 1:26pm On Jul 15, 2014
Cook yam VERY soft, you can add 'very little salt' put inside plate and mash with a fork.. serve with tomato sauce on it. (or whatever sauce you eat in your house. (lol@sugar no abeg)

@Lunch! You can pound yam, semo, foofoo and serve with soup.

@dinner! Boil very soft indomie with Titus fish,plus egg yolk mash and serve.

(In between these meals, if the child is hungry, cereal, pap, milk with bread comes in)... Do you get?
MojAyo: dear,in d yam,I shouldn't put salt or sugar,and also when its done,can I blend d yam for my baby also to give,and pls name d best baby food I can give my baby,and how is it taken,is it 3 times daily

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: Cook yam VERY soft, you can add 'very little salt' put inside plate and mash with a fork.. serve with tomato sauce on it. (or whatever sauce you eat in your house. (lol@sugar no abeg)

@Lunch! You can pound yam, semo, foofoo and serve with soup.

@dinner! Boil very soft indomie with Titus fish,plus egg yolk mash and serve.

(In between these meals, if the child is hungry, cereal, pap, milk with bread comes in)... Do you get?
dear,tanx for all ur explanation,is it everyday d solid food should be given to d baby like dat or it must be changed,dear,u amuse me with bread,can a child at 6month eat bread
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LaRoyalHighness(f): 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
Lol.. Don't bother yourself too much... with time, every thing will fall into its place.

You don't eat one particular food every morning, afternoon and night... Right? Nevermind...With time, you will know what food your child prefers and you will adjust accordingly

Lol..@bread! At six month, I put milk inside my child's cup, I shread pieces of bread into his/her cup of milk and serve her with a spoon. Remember I told you I give my children whatever I eat from six months and they are doing just fine.

MojAyo: dear,tanx for all ur explanation,is it everyday d solid food should be given to d baby like dat or it must be changed,dear,u amuse me with bread,can a child at 6month eat bread
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 1:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
Well, from 6 months i bought a seperate blender for her food and then i gradually introduced -

- rice cereal maybe cerelac
- birds custard with milk
- semo and okro soup with titus fish
- pureed banana
- gradually introduced quaker oats (grounded into powder form) with milk
- peeled beans with titus fish, crayfish, and palmoil.
- from 9 months i started cooking chicken/beef, carrots, maybe tomatoes, and grind together to be pasty and add to very soft noodles or mashed potatoes or mashed yam or mashed sweet potatoes.

I also used to put any other soup in her mouth, even if it had a little pepper. now she does not refuse food even if there is pepper in it.

She did'nt use to eat a lot of it so i used to give her formula and bosom as well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
Hello mothers,my 22weeks old baby has an eczema on his face before which is known as eela,I took him to d doctor,my baby doctor prescribed an antibiotics for him(Zinnat)which when he use as prescribed,the eczema went away,and also then,my mum was using toto to bath him then because of d eczema,it went away,after some while ,my baby started scratching his eye(one of his eyes),I think its an allergy,which I stopped using d toto for him on his face,and started using baby acqeous cream as soap for him on his face,then d scratching of d eye went away,I just notice some 2days frm now,there si something like heat or ezcema on his face which I can't describe,and it make him to be irritated by him crying,it makes some part of his face to a little little red,pls mothers,what can I use for him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: Lol.. Don't bother yourself too much... with time, every thing will fall into its place.

You don't eat one particular food every morning, afternoon and night... Right? Nevermind...With time, you will know what food your child prefers and you will adjust accordingly

Lol..@bread! At six month, I put milk inside my child's cup, I shread pieces of bread into his/her cup of milk and serve her with a spoon. Remember I told you I give my children whatever I eat from six months and they are doing just fine.

tanx dear for explaining more to me

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 1:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
MojAyo: Hello mothers,my 22weeks old baby has an eczema on his face before which is known as eela,I took him to d doctor,my baby doctor prescribed an antibiotics for him(Zinnat)which when he use as prescribed,the eczema went away,and also then,my mum was using toto to bath him then because of d eczema,it went away,after some while ,my baby started scratching his eye(one of his eyes),I think its an allergy,which I stopped using d toto for him on his face,and started using baby acqeous cream as soap for him on his face,then d scratching of d eye went away,I just notice some 2days frm now,there si something like heat or ezcema on his face which I can't describe,and it make him to be irritated by him crying,it makes some part of his face to a little little red,pls mothers,what can I use for him

I think you should take him back to the hospital, since it is recurring.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
corrall: Well, from 6 months i bought a seperate blender for her food and then i gradually introduced -

- rice cereal maybe cerelac
- birds custard with milk
- semo and okro soup with titus fish
- pureed banana
- gradually introduced quaker oats (grounded into powder form) with milk
- peeled beans with titus fish, crayfish, and palmoil.
- from 9 months i started cooking chicken/beef, carrots, maybe tomatoes, and grind together to be pasty and add to very soft noodles or mashed potatoes or mashed yam or mashed sweet potatoes.

I also used to put any other soup in her mouth, even if it had a little pepper. now she does not refuse food even if there is pepper in it.

She did'nt use to eat a lot of it so i used to give her formula and bosom as well.

hello,should I put pepper in my babys mouth at six month to taste,and should I also be adding it to his solid food from dat 6month,I need more explanation on dis
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
corrall:

I think you should take him back to the hospital, since it is recurring.

u knw why d doctor prescribed d Zinnat antibiotics in d first place,he prescribed it becos I went in there to d baby doctor to complain dat my baby is coughing ,having catarrh,and I also complain about d ezcema,so u can see d combination,what did u think I should do
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 2:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
MojAyo: u knw what dear,I'm confused,my baby will soon be 6month,the only thing I give my baby is breastmilk and 30mls of water a day,my mother said its good to give baby liquid boiled semo,dat it will be inside a feeder,I'm afraid of giving my baby dat,pls I want u to tell me what best baby food I can start giving my baby,and solids,with also d measurement of water I can be giving him at 6month,pls help me out here

@ d hospital I was told 2 let d baby ve wat I'm veing but my own food is harder, wit salt nd peppery,I started wit blended bananas,blended potatoes mixed wit milk nd avocado,den later started adding carrots nd fish or chicken to d pototates.sumtyms I make beans porriage(remove d skin of beans ,when d beans is almost done added lil potatoes,little palm oil,onions,titus nd lil grounded caryfish.wen its done I den blend!!).u can also use dis link https://www.nairaland.com/635695/baby-food-recipes
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 2:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
MojAyo: okay dear,like what kind of his solid food I can use it to blend

Just posted a link,hope it helps.u can almost anytin,wud advice u make ur baby's food light @ first so dat he/she wud b able 2 swallow it,den later u can make it thicker.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
Homemade food is very ok. You nd to figure out a way for him to take milk o, cos you will eventualy stop bfing. So what will he take as calcium. Nan is closest to bm, continue till he gets to one year then look for a suitable milk for him
ijeoma2728:
No cereal @ all he prefers homemade food.esp irish potatoes.is it okay for him to take just bossom milk and solids?cos he doesn't take formula even in a sippy cup,the highest is 2oz I've. Tried nan nd sma.d only time he takes formular is d little I add wen I'm making his solids sometyms.
Thanks 2 all dat reply me, im rily grateful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2014
MojAyo: hello,should I put pepper in my babys mouth at six month to taste,and should I also be adding it to his solid food from dat 6month,I need more explanation on dis

I did not say put pepper in the baby's mouth.

What i said is when i eat soup, apart from her okro, it could be vegetable soup, or egusi soup, the watery part of the soup, i give her to taste, trying to make her get accustomed to the food we eat, because right now, she is 1 year 6 months, and she eats everything we eat, we dont say 'oh because of the child in the house i wont put pepper in food'. it worked for me.

As for her own meals, when i cook meat/chicken, (boneless chicken) i dice it into cubes, and boil as i would boil my chicken but without all the plenty spices, put onions, dry pepper, a cube of maggi, (some people say it is not okay, but the food always tasted bland, so i use it), diced carrot, diced tomatoes, and then i blend it together. the food will not be pepperish, but it's there. same goes for the beans.

cereals, oatmeal, custard and banana goes with milk.

That was what i did, i hope you understand.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
corrall:

I did not say put pepper in the baby's mouth.

What i said is when i eat soup, apart from her okro, it could be vegetable soup, or egusi soup, the watery part of the soup, i give her to taste, trying to make her get accustomed to the food we eat, because right now, she is 1 year 6 months, and she eats everything we eat, we dont say 'oh because of the child in the house i wont put pepper in food'. it worked for me.

As for her own meals, when i cook meat/chicken, (boneless chicken) i dice it into cubes, and boil as i would boil my chicken but without all the plenty spices, put onions, dry pepper, a cube of maggi, (some people say it is not okay, but the food always tasted bland, so i use it), diced carrot, diced tomatoes, and then i blend it together. the food will not be pepperish, but it's there. same goes for the beans.

cereals, oatmeal, custard and banana goes with milk.

That was what i did, i hope you understand.
yeah I do,bt wanna ask u one question,when I carry my baby to d health centre for d vitamin A supplementation at 6months,if I ask them there,can they tell me what baby food and solids I can be giving d baby after exclusive breast feeding,and u knw those people use to be vry busy with people,its a public health centre for babies,pls reply back,I'm just afraid of introducing any food when my baby reach 6month without consulting d Peidrician
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olakeeton: 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
yes they will because at my baby's 6month visit to the immunization clinic, they lectured us. We had a weaning class where we were taught how to introduce food to our babies.
MojAyo: yeah I do,bt wanna ask u one question,when I carry my baby to d health centre for d vitamin A supplementation at 6months,if I ask them there,can they tell me what baby food and solids I can be giving d baby after exclusive breast feeding,and u knw those people use to be vry busy with people,its a public health centre for babies,pls reply back,I'm just afraid of introducing any food when my baby reach 6month without consulting d Peidrician
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 16, 2014
olakeeton: yes they will because at my baby's 6month visit to the immunization clinic, they lectured us. We had a weaning class where we were taught how to introduce food to our babies.
okay,bt re u sure they do it at every immunization clinic
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 8:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
MojAyo: okay,bt re u sure they do it at every immunization clinic

They did at mine also...st.kizito at jakande lekki. U can also ask about it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:53am On Jul 17, 2014
corrall:

They did at mine also...st.kizito at jakande lekki. U can also ask about it.
tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olakeeton: 6:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
Not sure if they do so at every immunization clinic but i'm very sure they'll answer any question you ask them.
MojAyo: okay,bt re u sure they do it at every immunization clinic
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 18, 2014
Dear mothers,my 5 months old baby is always having rashes especially at her back.in most cases,dey end up becoming boils.i have taken her to d hospital and she has been treated with anti biotics yet there has been no improvement.i even stopped using cusson products on her because i thought she was reacting to dem,but d rashes are still there.i am really confused and i need ur help.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
Hello mothers,pls my 22weeks baby has eczema on d face,pls what can I use for it to go away
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
MojAyo: Hello mothers,pls my 22weeks baby has eczema on d face,pls what can I use for it to go away

agbo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
MumZ:

agbo.
u mean I should use agbo to bath him or for him to drink,I once use agbo for my baby,bt with d way people re saying agbo is nt good for babies,dats why I dnt want to use it again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:48am On Jul 19, 2014
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:16am On Jul 19, 2014
easyconnect: Hellow mothers. i just decided to start giving my one yr old son golden morn and powder peak milk. hope its not bad? or what do you think?
hmmm,beware dear,they said golden morn is nt good for children again ,dear,it can cause harm,change it as fast as possible,go to ur baby doctor,so they can tell u what to be giving ur baby at 1year,pls beware
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pyzdan: 9:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
Hello mothers, pls is it safe to stop my baby from breastfeeding at 9 mnths? d problem is he doesnt like taking any cereals or milk except adult food and breastmilk but he suddenly stopped taking adult food few days ago. He is 8 mnth old nw. Pls i dnt know what to do. Need ur advice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 10:27am On Jul 20, 2014
pyzdan: Hello mothers, pls is it safe to stop my baby from breastfeeding at 9 mnths? d problem is he doesnt like taking any cereals or milk except adult food and breastmilk but he suddenly stopped taking adult food few days ago. He is 8 mnth old nw. Pls i dnt know what to do. Need ur advice.
he stopped talking adult food because of 'irritation'. This irritation could be in form of body changes or illness. Is he putting his finger into his mouth trying to rub his gums? Does he have temp fluctuations? During cold seasons like this babies tend to pick cold and catarrh quickly and these might cause irritation too. If none of those things I listed aren't happening to him, then take him to ur paed for physical examination

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
MojAyo: hmmm,beware dear,they said golden morn is nt good for children again ,dear,it can cause harm,change it as fast as possible,go to ur baby doctor,so they can tell u what to be giving ur baby at 1year,pls beware
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 3:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
MojAyo: hmmm,beware dear,they said golden morn is nt good for children again ,dear,it can cause harm,change it as fast as possible,go to ur baby doctor,so they can tell u what to be giving ur baby at 1year,pls beware

hi,

please what did they say about golden morn, that has been part of my baby's meals for the past 7 months. i hope i am not doing something wrong.

Mothers, please who knows about rising raving powder, is it good for heat rash?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 4:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
corrall:

hi,

please what did they say about golden morn, that has been part of my baby's meals for the past 7 months. i hope i am not doing something wrong.

Mothers, please who knows about rising raving powder, is it good for heat rash?
So we heard, I was giving it to my baby before until I read this thread and I stopped immediately https://www.nairaland.com/1069613/golden-morn-unsuitable-children-under/3#12673353

Yes, I heard raving rising powder is good( its the one sold for 200 naira abi?) I use Marhaba prickly heat powder for my baby's rashes

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.