Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,404 members, 7,954,600 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:22 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4548828 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 7:43am On Jul 30, 2014
Gud morning mothers pls i need ur helps what milk is Gud for a year and nine months baby, i was given her nido from a year ad 3 months she is reacting on it now pls i need ur urgent suggestion
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julijuu: 12:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
@julicoke try peak 123 its very nice used. It on my first girl till she turn 3
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:30am On Jul 31, 2014
Hello mothers,can my baby eat mashed adult food without cereal,cos d doctor said only baby food cereal is good for babies at 6month with breastmilk cos it can digest vry well,and when d baby reach 8month,u can introduce solid(mashed adult foood)with baby food cereal,how true is it,mothers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 31, 2014
And can giving baby breastmilk with a lot of water cause diarrhea
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 5:57am On Jul 31, 2014
MojAyo: And can giving baby breastmilk with a lot of water cause diarrhea
what do you mean by lot of water? Are you forcing it down his throat when he refuse to take it normally?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
jam04: what do you mean by lot of water? Are you forcing it down his throat when he refuse to take it normally?
somehow,d doctor told me to be giving him much water before with d breastmilk,so I noticed he ve diarrhea with dat,so I stop giving him much water and it stopped
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LaRoyalHighness(f): 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
My children took 123 peak milk.
julicoka: Gud morning mothers pls i need ur helps what milk is Gud for a year and nine months baby, i was given her nido from a year ad 3 months she is reacting on it now pls i need ur urgent suggestion
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hello every1,hope our babies re doing great??my son is veing tiny rashes on his arm nd back nd its kinda peeling,I'm using baby tribotan @ d moment dnt tink its workin.pls wat can I use
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
My dear you ned to explain well so proper advice can be given to you. BM does not cause diarrhea cept you express and the feeding bottle is not well sterilized same as bottle for the watter. How old is your baby? It is not wise to introduce adult food till baby is 1yr( that's for me sha) cos we have a lot of orishirishi in our food. You can prepare his own naturl foods. If you want to start with cereal go rof rice cereal its easier to digst. Please don't force your baby to eat when he is not hungry or to drink water when he is not thirsty. Are you a first time mum? Well done, nuturing babies is no joke you need to be smart and vigilant all the time.
MojAyo: somehow,d doctor told me to be giving him much water before with d breastmilk,so I noticed he ve diarrhea with dat,so I stop giving him much water and it stopped
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifeteminikan: 3:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
Olaiswealth: Please mothers I need your help as regards my baby's skin!I noticed she had some red rash on her face when she was 1 month and 2 weeks,took her to the hospital and the pediatrician gave hydrocortisone cream which bleached her face...I have used all sort of things which includes Agbo,e-45,aveeno,cussons,dove,chicco baby,skinneal,acneaway,tiocosid,oilatum,cod oil,kernel oil,coconut oil,shea butter,to mention a few.

She's 8 months old and still hasnt improved and it itches her real bad,she doesn't sleep well at night.
Each time I use skinneal mixes with skinneal,it works but when I stop after the prescribed dosage it comes back awful.I don't want to use it for long cos it's steroidal.

Please I need help as the infection has scrapped all her hair and she was so hairy when I had her.

Thanks and awaiting your responses

Dear,

I dont usually reply post but i have to reply yours because i had the same experience with my baby from birth till she was about seven months before i found a permanent cure after trying all options.

Please note that your baby might have a sensitive skin and I will advise you try Sebamed baby cream( there are different types, any one of them will do), Sebamed baby soap or baby body wash and Sebamed baby powder. Ensure you get them in a good supermarket. They are a bit expensive, Between 2300naira to 1200 naira.

Try it and come back with the good news, it was introduced to me by my colleague in the office and infact i book for them ahead at the supermarket.

You can continue using them because its verrrrrrrry good for baby's skin. Also check for the baby oil for the hair..... It will dry all i assure.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MAYOKUN23(f): 5:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hello all,my baby has cold for almost two weeks naw.pls advise on wat i can do to ease it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
lovinam: My dear you ned to explain well so proper advice can be given to you. BM does not cause diarrhea cept you express and the feeding bottle is not well sterilized same as bottle for the watter. How old is your baby? It is not wise to introduce adult food till baby is 1yr( that's for me sha) cos we have a lot of orishirishi in our food. You can prepare his own naturl foods. If you want to start with cereal go rof rice cereal its easier to digst. Please don't force your baby to eat when he is not hungry or to drink water when he is not thirsty. Are you a first time mum? Well done, nuturing babies is no joke you need to be smart and vigilant all the time.
okay dear,about nt forcing him,how will I knw he is hungry or thirsty
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
MAYOKUN23: Hello all,my baby has cold for almost two weeks naw.pls advise on wat i can do to ease it
pls go to d doctor
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hello mothers,my baby is 6month,I just started giving him baby food cereal,I bought cerelac wheat base and lactogen milk for mixing it,though I will still buy some other flavour for d cerelac,so it won't be like him eating one flavour,pls mothers,how can I be giving him d food,and how many times in a day should I be giving him,I will be mixing breastmilk with d baby food,pls mothers,help me out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
And is lactogen milk and cerelac food good for babies at six month
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 8:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
How old is your baby? I believe You should have mastered his fceeding habit. Don't you know the way he acts when he is hungry? Or wants to sleep? Time his feeding. When he cries find out if he wants to sleep or eat. Truthfully babies generally don't act same. I still ask. Are you a first time mum?
MojAyo: okay dear,about nt forcing him,how will I knw he is hungry or thirsty
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 9:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
Its best to start with rice cereal. Its mild anmd very easy for babys to tolerate. I don't know lacktogen milk. I use sma progress from 6months. Feed him thre to four times daily. The quantity to be given is written on the can.
MojAyo: Hello mothers,my baby is 6month,I just started giving him baby food cereal,I bought cerelac wheat base and lactogen milk for mixing it,though I will still buy some other flavour for d cerelac,so it won't be like him eating one flavour,pls mothers,how can I be giving him d food,and how many times in a day should I be giving him,I will be mixing breastmilk with d baby food,pls mothers,help me out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iyaakanran: 10:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
@mojayo,i use lactogen and rice cereal(cerelac) for my baby and they are so good on him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
lovinam: How old is your baby? I believe You should have mastered his fceeding habit. Don't you know the way he acts when he is hungry? Or wants to sleep? Time his feeding. When he cries find out if he wants to sleep or eat. Truthfully babies generally don't act same. I still ask. Are you a first time mum?
my baby is 6month old,I'm a first time mum,dear pls I'm giving my baby cereal with milk now,how should I be giving him,I mean d measurement,(how many cereal,lactogen milk,and how many water)to feed him at 6month,I dnt ve much idea about it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 10:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
MojAyo: And is lactogen milk and cerelac food good for babies at six month
I started giving my baby cerelac @ 6 months and I started with rice based( check pix). I don't know what lactogen milk is!

As for measurement, I discovered that children are different and some are heavy eaters while others eat less. I started with 3 spoon full for my baby but sometimes that same 3 spoon full was too much and I ended up drinking the left over and there was a day I made her cerelac twice coz after she finished the first one she was crying for more and I had to make another one which she finished instantly.

If you check the body of the tin, you will see a preparation guide, maybe that might help.

Pls ensure you give baby water after each feed

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
lovinam: Its best to start with rice cereal. Its mild anmd very easy for babys to tolerate. I don't know lacktogen milk. I use sma progress from 6months. Feed him thre to four times daily. The quantity to be given is written on the can.
the problem Is at d store,they dnt ve rice cereal,they only ve maize cereal and wheat cereal,they said wheat cereal is better than d maize cereal dat it ve more protein,they said they re going to ve d rice cereal next week,is it still manageable to use d wheat cereal for him or is it bad,and dear pls about d measurement,they dnt explain it there vry well for me to understand,pls can u tell me d measurement of cereal and milk and water I can be giving him at 6 month,I'm a first time mum,dats why I'm worried about all dis
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 10:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
Rule no 1 in taking care of newborn is that u have to be calm at all times. Don't let anything overwhelm you. You also need to be vigilant. I believe if you had been monitoring your baby, you should know how he acts when hungry. Don't send yourself into a panic mode for nothing.

Every baby food/ milk comes with instructions. Don't listen to what the shop attendants are telling you. Read what is written on the "body"/ tin of the food. There is an instruction on the nos of spoons, quantity of water / milk to use. If you are giving milk the instruction is also on the can. When it comes to water, you need to give as u feed him cereal to avoid constipation. Avoid maize cerelac for now till baby gets to one year. Ensure you Get the rice next week

All the best!
MojAyo: the problem Is at d store,they dnt ve rice cereal,they only ve maize cereal and wheat cereal,they said wheat cereal is better than d maize cereal dat it ve more protein,they said they re going to ve d rice cereal next week,is it still manageable to use d wheat cereal for him or is it bad,and dear pls about d measurement,they dnt explain it there vry well for me to understand,pls can u tell me d measurement of cereal and milk and water I can be giving him at 6 month,I'm a first time mum,dats why I'm worried about all dis

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:22am On Aug 01, 2014
lovinam: Rule no 1 in taking care of newborn is that u have to be calm at all times. Don't let anything overwhelm you. You also need to be vigilant. I believe if you had been monitoring your baby, you should know how he acts when hungry. Don't send yourself into a panic mode for nothing.

Every baby food/ milk comes with instructions. Don't listen to what the shop attendants are telling you. Read what is written on the "body"/ tin of the food. There is an instruction on the nos of spoons, quantity of water / milk to use. If you are giving milk the instruction is also on the can. When it comes to water, you need to give as u feed him cereal to avoid constipation. Avoid maize cerelac for now till baby gets to one year. Ensure you Get the rice next week

All the best!
my dear,is the wheat cerelac nt good for babies,the problem is they dnt ve it dis week,bt will ve it at nextweek or I will go to other store to get it next week,is d cerelac wheat vry bad for him,cos the one dat I bought is indicated(6-12month old)and for d instruction on d can,they wrote nine spoonful of cerelac,how can I give a 6month old baby nine spoonful of cerelac,dear,the problem is they dnt write how many spoonful of cerelac he can be eating with indication frm 6,7.8 till 1year,I think u got me dear,they only wrote 1spoonful of cereal,4-5 spoonful of water,what about 2spoonful of cereal,how many spoonful of water,and I'm mixing it with lactogen milk for it to be nutritious for him,so I will like u to explain d measurement of food and water for me as an experienced mother,I'm afraid of giving him too thick cereal so as nt for him to be constipated,u got me,right,pls help me out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:41am On Aug 01, 2014
okirewaju: I started giving my baby cerelac @ 6 months and I started with rice based( check pix). I don't know what lactogen milk is!

As for measurement, I discovered that children are different and some are heavy eaters while others eat less. I started with 3 spoon full for my baby but sometimes that same 3 spoon full was too much and I ended up drinking the left over and there was a day I made her cerelac twice coz after she finished the first one she was crying for more and I had to make another one which she finished instantly.

If you check the body of the tin, you will see a preparation guide, maybe that might help.

Pls ensure you give baby water after each feed
dear,pls can u explain to me about d instruction of d feeding(I mean measurement)cos I dnt really understand what they wrote on d can,they only wrote-1spoonful of cerelac,4-5spoonful of water,what about 2spoonful of it,cos I always mix it with lactogen milk,how many spoonful of water can I be giving him,and for how many times in a day can I be giving him d cereal,I noticed dat my baby likes too much food,and also,is wheat cerelac good for babies at 6month,I want to buy d rice cerelac next week so it won't be one flavour I'm giving d baby,pls kindly explain everything to me dear,as an experienced mother,tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:46am On Aug 01, 2014
iyaakanran: @mojayo,i use lactogen and rice cereal(cerelac) for my baby and they are so good on him.
is d wheat cereal also good,I will buy rice cereal for him next week
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 5:10am On Aug 01, 2014
It depends on how your baby eats. If the instruction is 1 spoon to 5 spoons of water. It means you multiply by 5 the number of spoons of food eg 5 spoons of water x 3spoons of food. That's 15 spoons of water. Tho you need to use ur instinct too. Don't make it too hard or too soft. Just give it the pap consistency. Don't forget to give baby water during each feed wheat is ok but rice is better
MojAyo: my dear,is the wheat cerelac nt good for babies,the problem is they dnt ve it dis week,bt will ve it at nextweek or I will go to other store to get it next week,is d cerelac wheat vry bad for him,cos the one dat I bought is indicated(6-12month old)and for d instruction on d can,they wrote nine spoonful of cerelac,how can I give a 6month old baby nine spoonful of cerelac,dear,the problem is they dnt write how many spoonful of cerelac he can be eating with indication frm 6,7.8 till 1year,I think u got me dear,they only wrote 1spoonful of cereal,4-5 spoonful of water,what about 2spoonful of cereal,how many spoonful of water,and I'm mixing it with lactogen milk for it to be nutritious for him,so I will like u to explain d measurement of food and water for me as an experienced mother,I'm afraid of giving him too thick cereal so as nt for him to be constipated,u got me,right,pls help me out

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 5:38am On Aug 01, 2014
MAYOKUN23: Hello all,my baby has cold for almost two weeks naw.pls advise on wat i can do to ease it
what cold symptoms is the baby exhibiting?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 01, 2014
lovinam: It depends on how your baby eats. If the instruction is 1 spoon to 5 spoons of water. It means you multiply by 5 the number of spoons of food eg 5 spoons of water x 3spoons of food. That's 15 spoons of water. Tho you need to use ur instinct too. Don't make it too hard or too soft. Just give it the pap consistency. Don't forget to give baby water during each feed wheat is ok but rice is better
tanx my dear,u help me out now,God bless u,say me hi to ur baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 12:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
MojAyo: dear,pls can u explain to me about d instruction of d feeding(I mean measurement)cos I dnt really understand what they wrote on d can,they only wrote-1spoonful of cerelac,4-5spoonful of water,what about 2spoonful of it,cos I always mix it with lactogen milk,how many spoonful of water can I be giving him,and for how many times in a day can I be giving him d cereal,I noticed dat my baby likes too much food,and also,is wheat cerelac good for babies at 6month,I want to buy d rice cerelac next week so it won't be one flavour I'm giving d baby,pls kindly explain everything to me dear,as an experienced mother,tanx
I guess the preparation guide in your's is different from mine. But since they wrote 1 spoon full of cerelac to 4-5 spoon of water then 2 spoon full of cerelac is equal to 8-10 spoon of water but since you are adding milk, you have to add some more water to mix the milk thoroughly.

The food should not be too light neither should it be too thick(check the picture of the plate on the tin of cerelac I posted above)

There is no fixed number of time that you can feed baby, you can give cerelac all through the day or even only at night-the choice is yours. I for example this morning, I have fed my baby cerelac once and I have breastfed twice, the next time my baby is hungry again I will feed with cerelac. There are some days I feed her with cerelac all through- there is no fixed time table for that.

I don't know about wheat for 6 months,I used rice and milk when my baby was 6 months and I only used wheat when my baby was 7 months (pix below)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondc(f): 12:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
Plz. Modas my baby has a small swell near her navel buh nt painning her dou, wen touched it looks like water is inside, what could dat b
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
okirewaju: I guess the preparation guide in your's is different from mine. But since they wrote 1 spoon full of cerelac to 4-5 spoon of water then 2 spoon full of cerelac is equal to 8-10 spoon of water but since you are adding milk, you have to add some more water to mix the milk thoroughly.

The food should not be too light neither should it be too thick(check the picture of the plate on the tin of cerelac I posted above)

There is no fixed number of time that you can feed baby, you can give cerelac all through the day or even only at night-the choice is yours. I for example this morning, I have fed my baby cerelac once and I have breastfed twice, the next time my baby is hungry again I will feed with cerelac. There are some days I feed her with cerelac all through- there is no fixed time table for that.

I don't know about wheat for 6 months,I used rice and milk when my baby was 6 months and I only used wheat when my baby was 7 months (pix below)
okay,tanx for d advice,pls is it hot water u use to mix ur baby food or just warm,and re they bottle water,u knw why I'm asking,I boiled tap water inside d flask to mix my baby food dis morning,I put d hot water to mix with d cereal,there were still some big particles there,it wasn't smooth,which I tried to make it smooth,bt its nt,then when I give my baby,he was crying,after some time he vomited it,yesterday when I want to prepare his cereal,I use warm bottle water which does nt make him to vomit,I'm thinking something is nt right the way I make his food dis morning,pls help me out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
MojAyo: okay,tanx for d advice,pls is it hot water u use to mix ur baby food or just warm,and re they bottle water,u knw why I'm asking,I boiled tap water inside d flask to mix my baby food dis morning,I put d hot water to mix with d cereal,there were still some big particles there,it wasn't smooth,which I tried to make it smooth,bt its nt,then when I give my baby,he was crying,after some time he vomited it,yesterday when I want to prepare his cereal,I use warm bottle water which does nt make him to vomit,I'm thinking something is nt right the way I make his food dis morning,pls help me out
You are welcome

I don't know if mine is the right way but what I do is I put cerelac in baby's feeder then pour little cold(ordinary) water then I add hot water from the flask which when mixed with the cold water(already in the feeder) makes it warm water. Hope you understand what am trying to explain?

Then I shake and keep shaking till it is without seed

I sometimes make mistake and the seed clog the feeder tip but in all practice make perfect

Sometimes I find out that I poured too much water(I add more cerelac) while sometimes I find out that the food is too thick(I add more water)sometimes I get it just right wink

Who said its easy been a mom
grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.