Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,517 members, 7,958,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:31 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4552256 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 1:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
tanks jam I actually do cover him up and use rob on his feet den put on socks or overall at night. I don't use eucalyptus in his water wen bathing but will start doing DAT immediately. tank for Ur contribution
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 3:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
Go to ur doc. Follow d pharmacists advice.
MojAyo: Hello mothers in d house,pls I need a clarification of something frm u guys,due to d cold and rainy season,I use to cover my son up(6month),I mean with sweater and even lock up d windows in d house becos of cold,which he was once treated for cold and cough,and I became vry extra careful about it,by nt exposing him to cold,last night,my son temperature become vry hot,which I dnt knw what caused it,I quickly remove d sweater frm him and bath him with lukewarm water,then his temperature came off a little,then I gave him a little paracetamol,after some hours again,his body was also vry hot,my mum told me its d sweater dat I'm wearing for him ,dat its what's causing his temperature to be vry high,so she gave him a little paracetamol(little dats left at home)then I decided dat in d morning,I will go d pharmacy to get baby paracetamol for him,on reaching d pharmacy,when I explained about d temperature to d man,the man asked me did d child once treated for malaria,I said yes,1month ago,he said maybe there is still some malaria in him,dat it didn't go finish,dat I dnt need to buy a pareacteamol, dat if I use a paracetamol for him,d temperature will go down for 3hours then it will come back,dat I need to take him to d paed,my baby temperature is a bit normal now,I was thinking maybe its teething(cos my mum said dat)I've nt taken him to d doctor yet,pls I want to ask u guys,what's d cause of d temperature,I will really appreciate ur advice,tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
marygold:
@ chioma,take your baby to the hospital.Mine had same issue and she was diagnosed for adenoids.

Please how was it sorted, surgery? Or just medication
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
corrall:

Please how was it sorted, surgery? Or just medication
it will surely be surgery...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julijuu: 7:59am On Jul 23, 2014
Pls mummys in d house can I give my 4month old baby BECOMPLEX syrup cos he refuse to take anything for days now so am luking for wat will make him hungry seems like d abidec and vit c am giving him is no more effective pls any advice\suggestion will be appreciated.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julijuu: 8:06am On Jul 23, 2014
@mojAyo pls take d baby to hospital same happened to mine n he was treated of maleria n d temperature tin stoped and also make sure he sleeps in d net to aviod mosiQiuto bite since u treated maleria one month ago just be careful dia are too much mosiQitoes now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
julijuu: @mojAyo pls take d baby to hospital same happened to mine n he was treated of maleria n d temperature tin stoped and also make sure he sleeps in d net to aviod mosiQiuto bite since u treated maleria one month ago just be careful dia are too much mosiQitoes now
tanx dear for ur advice,he is fine now,just dat I'm so lazy using d mosquito net,bt I will start using it now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
julijuu: Pls mummys in d house can I give my 4month old baby BECOMPLEX syrup cos he refuse to take anything for days now so am luking for wat will make him hungry seems like d abidec and vit c am giving him is no more effective pls any advice\suggestion will be appreciated.
Abidec is a very good multivatimin, I doubt if changing it will make any difference. Something else is making him refuse food.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chiomaonyeizu: 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
My baby has been weak n sleepy after treatment from cold..pls mums n dads what can I give him to boost his energy he is six months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 12:10am On Jul 25, 2014
Chiomaonyeizu: My baby has been weak n sleepy after treatment from cold..pls mums n dads what can I give him to boost his energy he is six months
treatment from cold Can you expantiate pls?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chiomaonyeizu: 12:19pm On Jul 25, 2014
Jam04....i complained of him breathing deeply so i went to d doctor n it was confirmed cold so he is just recovering frm d cold but heis weak
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Olaiswealth: 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2014
Please mothers I need your help as regards my baby's skin!I noticed she had some red rash on her face when she was 1 month and 2 weeks,took her to the hospital and the pediatrician gave hydrocortisone cream which bleached her face...I have used all sort of things which includes Agbo,e-45,aveeno,cussons,dove,chicco baby,skinneal,acneaway,tiocosid,oilatum,cod oil,kernel oil,coconut oil,shea butter,to mention a few.

She's 8 months old and still hasnt improved and it itches her real bad,she doesn't sleep well at night.
Each time I use skinneal mixes with skinneal,it works but when I stop after the prescribed dosage it comes back awful.I don't want to use it for long cos it's steroidal.

Please I need help as the infection has scrapped all her hair and she was so hairy when I had her.

Thanks and awaiting your responses
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Olaiswealth: 2:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
"Each time i use skinneal mixed with Shea butter"
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2014
Olaiswealth: "Each time i use skinneal mixed with Shea butter"
hmmm,I think dis is an infection,u need to go and see ur baby doctor and explain everything to him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Olaiswealth: 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
@mojayo,I have.I c her dermatologist every 2weeks n all he gives is hydrocorticise cream which has caused more harm than good by bleaching her face.I'm honestly fed up

The doctors arent helping at all,av gone the herbal way(still the same)...btw her skin is very dry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chikkyberry: 4:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
Olaiswealth: Please mothers I need your help as regards my baby's skin!I noticed she had some red rash on her face when she was 1 month and 2 weeks,took her to the hospital and the pediatrician gave hydrocortisone cream which bleached her face...I have used all sort of things which includes Agbo,e-45,aveeno,cussons,dove,chicco baby,skinneal,acneaway,tiocosid,oilatum,cod oil,kernel oil,coconut oil,shea butter,to mention a few.
She's 8 months old and still hasnt improved and it itches her real bad,she doesn't sleep well at night.
Each time I use skinneal mixes with skinneal,it works but when I stop after the prescribed dosage it comes back awful.I don't want to use it for long cos it's steroidal.
Please I need help as the infection has scrapped all her hair and she was so hairy when I had her.
Thanks and awaiting your responses
. My dear I advic u chang ur babys doctor mayb anoda doc wil av a beta solutn.an infectn dat has stayed dis long is a serious 1.pls try and c anoda pead

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2014
chikkyberry: . My dear I advic u chang ur babys doctor mayb anoda doc wil av a beta solutn.an infectn dat has stayed dis long is a serious 1.pls try and c anoda pead
abi o,seriously
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Olaiswealth: 5:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
@chikkyberry,i must confess av seen 3 different GPs,2 diff dermatologist...all they keep saying is it's atopic dermatitis (infant eczema).yoruba's call it ela

N that the only thing that can work for it is the hydrocortisone cream.infact I was referred for a food allergy test( could be reacting to some food shes sucking from me)I found out she tested positive to egg n wheat after getting the result this week which I have removed the two from my diet.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 9:40am On Jul 26, 2014
Olaiswealth: @chikkyberry,i must confess av seen 3 different GPs,2 diff dermatologist...all they keep saying is it's atopic dermatitis (infant eczema).yoruba's call it ela

N that the only thing that can work for it is the hydrocortisone cream.infact I was referred for a food allergy test( could be reacting to some food shes sucking from me)I found out she tested positive to egg n wheat after getting the result this week which I have removed the two from my diet.
the infection isn't from her skin( as confirmed with your agbo and cream report) but from her blood and that's definitely due to 2 factors: what she got from you while you carried her in your woman (2) what she gets through breast milk from you. Have a doc do a broad test on her and continue with the allergy test to get all her allergies

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 9:48am On Jul 26, 2014
Chiomaonyeizu: Jam04....i complained of him breathing deeply so i went to d doctor n it was confirmed cold so he is just recovering frm d cold but heis weak
weakness might be due to the antibiotics he qas given for the cold treatment or he wasn't given any drug?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Olaiswealth: 12:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
@jam04,thanks for ur thots...I thot so too and that prompted me to go for an allergy test(food),which i know already.

Then i understand environmental factors can cause it too so I'm wondering if mothers can refer me to a good washing soap for her clothes(av used ariel,B29,lux,premier)
An for her hair that has fallen and isn't growing back,is there anything I can do too?

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joilin(f): 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
@Olaiswealth. I can really imaging what u are going tru concerning ur dd's situation. Frm ur post I can see that u hv DONE a lot. I think its high time you sought devine intervention. If u ar a christian plead the Blood of Jesus to wash ur dd skin clean and that he should also sanctify her blood as sm one said its in her blood.
Oh God our help in ages past and our hope for yrs to come, we come before ur throne of mercy and ask that you will make Olaiswealth's daughter skin whole. Wash her with the precious blood of jesus and give her a new health, a new skin and a new hair; these we ask with thanksgiving tru Jesus christ our lord. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 10:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
Olaiswealth: @jam04,thanks for ur thots...I thot so too and that prompted me to go for an allergy test(food),which i know already.

Then i understand environmental factors can cause it too so I'm wondering if mothers can refer me to a good washing soap for her clothes(av used ariel,B29,lux,premier)
An for her hair that has fallen and isn't growing back,is there anything I can do too?

Thanks

Dreft is an infant detergent. It's written on it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:23am On Jul 27, 2014
Hello mothers,pls can vitamin c syrup cause my baby to ve diarrhea,he ve been pooing since I started him on it, I dnt knw maybe to stop it for him,and pls what does vitamin c does in d body,cos its among one of d medicine d doctor gave me for my baby,he has once taken vitamin c which resulted to diarrhea in his body then,d doctor said I should stop it for him,so I dnt knw now maybe to also stop it for him,my baby is 6month old,did u guys think its teething or d vitamin c
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 6:53am On Jul 27, 2014
Olaiswealth: @jam04,thanks for ur thots...I thot so too and that prompted me to go for an allergy test(food),which i know already.

Thanks
yes you are right about the environmental factors but I'm suspecting atopic eczema since she got it through food allergies. His skin is dry most of the time and once he comes in contact with his allergies, his immune sytems responds to the allergies and the red patches appear. Don't be surprised, his skin is also reacting to some of the chemicals in the cream and solutions you are applying on his skin to treat the eczema. To start with, stop applying those anti-fugal creams you are applying on his skin and start using creams suitable for his skin condition. Also stop using the detergents you are using for his clothes. I will recommend some creams,lotion and soap you will use for him. Its an expanded list, so let me know if you can't find any in your area/locality. One of the most important elements in managing atopic eczema is to keep the skin soft and supple by frequent and generous use of non-cosmetic moisturisers. For his bath use either one of these: Doublebase,Eczemol,ultrabase,aquabar (if you stay in abeokuta, ultrabase and eczemol is available at precious pharmacy in Oke-ilewo and also at idera pharmacy at oni-koko)

For ointment for his hair/scalp, use epaderm or hydromol, diprobase( diprobase is also at precious pharmacy)

For cream, use E45, diprobase cream(different from the ointment), hewletts cream(contain peanut oil).

for lotion, use aveeno, vaseline dermacare lotion or oilatum( vaseline dermacare is at barbadox pharmacy).

These will bring significant changes to your baby skin in a matter of days. Avoid perfumes on his skin and also avoid completely the use of detergents to wash his clothes and plates. You can use RAJ soap for his laundry or any good oil based laundry soap

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 6:57am On Jul 27, 2014
MojAyo: Hello mothers,pls can vitamin c syrup cause my baby to ve diarrhea,he ve been pooing since I started him on it, I dnt knw maybe to stop it for him,and pls what does vitamin c does in d body,cos its among one of d medicine d doctor gave me for my baby,he has once taken vitamin c which resulted to diarrhea in his body then,d doctor said I should stop it for him,so I dnt knw now maybe to also stop it for him,my baby is 6month old,did u guys think its teething or d vitamin c
you are overdosing him, too much of vitamin c causes diarrhoea

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 27, 2014
jam04: you are overdosing him, too much of vitamin c causes diarrhoea
ha,its how d doctor prescribe it for him,dats how how I'm giving him,I think he is allergy to it,the problem is I went to d doctor to complain of my baby high temperature,he said its malaria,I also complain of slight cough and cold,u knw in private hospital,they dnt like people to knw d name of drugs they re giving them,he gave me one which I knw is antibiotics mixture,one which I knw is chloroquine for malaria,cos its bitter in d mouth,then one is vry sweet,which I think its vitamin c,and one is nt dat sweet,which I dnt knw what it is for,the doctor said I should be giving him d one I think its vitamin c-5mls,3 times daily for 5 days,d other one which is nt dat sweet-5mls for,2times daily for 5days also,antibiotics-5ml,3times daily for 3days,chloroquine,7.5mls,one daily for 3days,so dear,what did u think d problem is,is it still overdosing,I've decided to stop d one dats too sweet for him(vitamin c)cos the first doctor said I should stop taking it for him(which he gave me d medicine then for cold)and he prescribe Bioflor for me,which stop d baby diarrhea,pls advice me on what to do
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 27, 2014
and I'm thinking the medicine dats nt too sweet is blood tonic for d antibiotics I'm giving him,I'm saying dis cos I want to stop him on d vitamin c,I think his body dnt like too much sweet things,I think my baby is somehow weak now becos of d diarrhea,pls what can I give him to boost his strength,tanx so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 27, 2014
and I'm thinking the medicine dats nt too sweet is blood tonic for d antibiotics I'm giving him,I'm saying dis cos I want to stop him on d vitamin c,I think his body dnt like too much sweet things,I think my baby is somehow weak now becos of d diarrhea,pls what can I give him to boost his strength and to also stop d diarrhea,or its gonna stop on itself,when I dnt give him d vitamin c agin ,tanx so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 10:32am On Jul 27, 2014
MojAyo: ha,its how d doctor prescribe it for him,dats how how I'm giving him,I think he is allergy to it,the problem is I went to d doctor to complain of my baby high temperature,he said its malaria,I also complain of slight cough and cold,u knw in private hospital,they dnt like people to knw d name of drugs they re giving them,he gave me one which I knw is antibiotics mixture,one which I knw is chloroquine for malaria,cos its bitter in d mouth,then one is vry sweet,which I think its vitamin c,and one is nt dat sweet,which I dnt knw what it is for,the doctor said I should be giving him d one I think its vitamin c-5mls,3 times daily for 5 days,d other one which is nt dat sweet-5mls for,2times daily for 5days also,antibiotics-5ml,3times daily for 3days,chloroquine,7.5mls,one daily for 3days,so dear,what did u think d problem is,is it still overdosing,I've decided to stop d one dats too sweet for him(vitamin c)cos the first doctor said I should stop taking it for him(which he gave me d medicine then for cold)and he prescribe Bioflor for me,which stop d baby diarrhea,pls advice me on what to do
omo mehnnnnnn...you ought to ask oooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 10:36am On Jul 27, 2014
MojAyo: and I'm thinking the medicine dats nt too sweet is blood tonic for d antibiotics I'm giving him,I'm saying dis cos I want to stop him on d vitamin c,I think his body dnt like too much sweet things,I think my baby is somehow weak now becos of d diarrhea,pls what can I give him to boost his strength,tanx so much
talk to her doc b4 u stop any of the drugs
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 27, 2014
jam04: talk to her doc b4 u stop any of the drugs
I talked to his doctor dis morning,he said I should stop d drugs,tanx so much for ur advice

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.