Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (973) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391453 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) (976) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 4:09pm On Jun 23, 2017
Blessedmum:
It's possible o, we always use up to 12 diapers in a day for my baby in his first two months coz he always poo after every breastfeeding. It was when I introduced formula he reduced it, d boy can poo for Africa. He still does till date I guess he inherited it from his grandmother.
Paternal abi maternal!!! funny mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 4:27pm On Jun 23, 2017
comtem2011:
Seems this is the season, my 20months old boy has been battling with it for over one week now, he probably got it from his father.

I have been sucking it out cos the nose now runs like tap. I can't handle him for steaming again.

I would have recommend the steaming for you, but this one that baby is 6weeks, I fear. Just make sure he/she is not dehydrated, breastfeed from time to time.

Also, I don't know if he/she is too young to take palmoil mix with sugar. cc: zaynie

Original ori mix with tiny salt (melt ori). Ori is sheabutter. might be too young to take it as well. cc Iomoge2
thanks fo ur time
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 5:06pm On Jun 23, 2017
chychy4us:
Interview is over. They said I'm not the type of person they are looking for but that they will pass on my cv to a school as they think I'll be better off as a teacher.

What a day!

A teaching job? Is that what u want? Who beg them to pass on your cv to a school, or it is a recruiting firm?

It's not a recruiting firm. The CEO of the place was the one who conducted the interview himself. He said he knows someone who's recruiting for a new school and that he will help pass my cv along as he thinks a teaching job is most suitable for me. (that's after praising my personality and looks)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 5:11pm On Jun 23, 2017
Yesitsme:
It would be nice we discussed the kind of job a nursing/married lady can do. When I was single, I had alot of interviews lined up at some points but now, no more. Why? Is it cos I added married? Why the discrimination against married women? We no go born again?

Since office wrk is time consuming, hubby has decided to settle for teaching job, saying I need to be there for my daughter. Although, i love but I want to do something more tasking than writing notes and shouting ontop of my voice.

Mymmies abeg xhuk mouth for my matter, who is experiencing this?

Cc all mamas

I'm currently battling with the same thing

Sometimes I feel like including "married" in my cv is what is not giving me a job. But then again, it's always best they know these things first hand before they say you lied

I know we will both get a job.
Make we continue to look on God while we send in applications
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Emdee590(m): 6:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
Emdee590:
Please advice needed on the most comprehensive Supplement or tablet drugs for a Cerebral Palsy (CP) child... Please any food or so?
Especially the aspects of milk please suggest for me the one that can aid her mental alertness
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 7:38pm On Jun 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Sometimes I feel like including "married" in my cv is what is not giving me a job. But then again, it's always best they know these things first hand before they say you lied

jazzyjazz and yesitsme Ull get a job. I got mine when my first child was 6months. to think I almost ignored d invite if not Dh Dat pushed me to go. I went with my baby strapped on my back on a 2hr journey with Dh and i got the job. and believe me it came at the right time. my job is very stressful and time demanding but it pays the bills. so when the time is right Ul get job married or not. cheer up

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blessedmum(f): 8:07pm On Jun 23, 2017
comtem2011:
Paternal abi maternal!!! funny mama
Paternal o, she is always using flagyll and tetracycline cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blessedmum(f): 8:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:

It is well. In my place of work officially I am single but HR people and my colleagues know I am married. I had to claim single then coz of d discrimination.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yseries: 8:28pm On Jun 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Yes o, der r some organization that just been a woman makes it difficult to get a job with them not to talk of being a *married woman*.

I had that experience when I was looking for a law firm to serve (nysc) I was told bluntly that d principal partner(CEO) doesn't hire women o that women always hv one issue or d other,or always running after family stuff. Was told d few female lawyers there where those who came with connections I.e d connect must b his BIG Clients of whom he is assured who always give him big legal briefs.

Life of being a woman in Nigeria
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:28pm On Jun 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Sometimes I feel like including "married" in my cvwhat is not giving me a job. But then again, it's always best they know these things first hand before they say you lied

Cc yesitsme.

Interview process na who sabi spin yarn pass - whilst coming across as truthful and honest.

Why do you have your marital status in your CV? it is completely irrelevant, same as including religion.

Waltz in their brandishing your ring:
If it comes up during the interview and are asked why you didnt put it .....

Tell them simply: you do not believe it is relevant factor that determines how effectively you will do your job.

Jokingly tell them that marital status is hardly a qualification.
Except the job is for marital councelling and even at that the years of experience will still be a determining factor, even at that that does not make one an expert.

It is almost like asking people to add your s exual orientation on a CV... who cares if you are celebate, straight or gay?

I personally do not even put date of birth on my CV anymore. I do not put title of Mrs sef just my full name ( it is unisex, i add middle name as initials and a double barrel surname - that is the only indication that you may think that i may be a married female) . And any other proffesional qualification titles you have.

I know of people who put a small photo( passport type but fine oh) rather than sex. But that i think is not necessary.

Even when it comes to kids, if they ask: yes you are a mother but you do not foresee how being a mother will affect you doing the job as advertised. Turn the question back at them and ask if there are any expectations of the job that have not been provided in the job description that that you should be aware of. Such as your expected contractual working hours, if the job requires regular impromptu travel etc.

If they ask if that will affect the job, be honest. tell them ofcourse you have a young family, that needs to be considered as there is a limit to impromptu events that you can accomodate, tell them you like to be organised and you will like make adequate child care plans as required preferable in advance to meet the demands of the job.

if it is an office based job with regular hours between 8am and 6pm with the odd times that one stays late it should not be a problem. If you are however required to work late consistently then there is a problem, it is either a case of too few staff for the workload or loads of ineffecient staff faffing about and forming activity.

12 Likes 12 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 8:33pm On Jun 23, 2017
Emdee590:

Especially the aspects of milk please suggest for me the one that can aid her mental alertness

I can't remember the names of the supplements but supplement or no supplement, your child needs B complex and omega 3,6 and 9.
Try as much as you can to get the child to eat foods that are rich in these minerals and vitamins. The truth is that the body sometimes only take about 10% of some of these supplements but absorb more from what we eat and some of these vitamins are not stored by the body.
You didn't tell us the age of the child but you can blend some fruits and vegetables for the child and always give the child egg yolk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 8:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
Blessedmum:

Paternal o, she is always using flagyll and tetracycline cheesy
I Kent laff abeg! May be grandma too dey chop Beans.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
Blessedmum:

It is well. In my place of work officially I am single but HR people and my colleagues know I am married. I had to claim single then coz of d discrimination.
hmm, it is well. No be only official single, Only God go help women o. Abi person no go marry again ni?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 9:06pm On Jun 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Do your best have to put marital status on your resume? Please remove it sis, since it's doing more harm that good
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 9:15pm On Jun 23, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Cc yesitsme.

Interview process na who sabi spin yarn pass - whilst coming across as truthful and honest.

Why do you have your marital status in your CV? it is completely irrelevant, same as including religion.

Tell them simply: you do not believe it is relevant factor that determines how effectively you will do your job.

Except the job is for marital councelling and even at that the years of experience will still be a determining factor, even at that that does not make one an expert.

It is almost like asking people to add your s exual orientation on a CV... who cares if you are celebate, straight or gay?

I personally do not even put date of birth on my CV anymore. I do not put title of Mrs sef just my full name ( it is unisex, i add middle name as initials and a double barrel surname - that is the only indication that you may think that i may be a married female) . And any other proffesional qualification titles you have.

I know of people who put a small photo( passport type but fine oh) rather than sex. But that i think is not necessary.

Even when it comes to kids, if they ask: yes you are a mother but you do not foresee how being a mother will affect you doing the job as advertised. Turn the question back at them and ask if there are any expectations of the job that have not been provided in the job description that that you should be aware of. Such as your expected contractual working hours, if the job requires regular impromptu travel etc.

If they ask if that will affect the job, be honest. tell them ofcourse you have a young family, that needs to be considered as there is a limit to impromptu events that you can accomodate, tell them you like to be organised and you will like make adequate child care plans as required preferable in advance to meet the demands of the job.

if it is an office based job with regular hours between 8am and 6pm with the odd times that one stays late it should not be a problem. If you are however required to work late consistently then there is a problem, it is either a case of too few staff for the workload or loads of ineffecient staff faffing about and forming activity.

I don't even have any personal detail on my resume. Just my name, address, email address, cellphone number, education, certifications and work experience. Anybody that picks up my resume does not even know if I am female or male.

Left to me, I'll leave personal detail out. It's just a shame that Nigerian employers can blatantly deny you a job based on marital status. I'm saner climes, they won't try it cos they know you'll sue the pants off them. Smh.

I got my present job when I was 34 weeks pregnant and started when I was 36 weeks. I gave birth exactly at 40 weeks ans I got 6weeks fully paid maternity leave from the company and got paid 6 extra weeks baby bonding from the state. I was told I can't get 3 months off because I hadn't worked there up to a year. Later this month when I was discussing with a coworker was when she told me that she also got the job while heavily pregnant and she told me I am not even obligated to tell them I am pregnant when I got the job.

Some Nigerian employers are just so mean and it makes me mad. How are the women supposed to contribute to the home of you won't give them jobs because they are married or have kids? And if we refuse to marry or after marriage decide not to have kids, they call is hoes. They just won't allow someone to be great. Awon were.

Jazzyjazz, don't worry. This too shall pass In Sha Allah

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 9:36pm On Jun 23, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Cc yesitsme.

wonderful piece,I will do exactly this
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2017
Emdee590:

I know of some one with mild cp and encephabol(pyritanol)syrup and vitamin b6 Tablets was what the doctor recommended. But for the milk she took aptamil from stage one to 3 and still keep appointment at the cp clinic once in 3months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blessedmum(f): 12:23am On Jun 24, 2017
comtem2011:
I Kent laff abeg! May be grandma too dey chop Beans.
Hahahaha
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 1:53am On Jun 24, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Cc yesitsme.

Thanks. Dis is really helpful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:01am On Jun 24, 2017
There's no need to include your marital status in your CV. Things like that and state of origin or Local govt have no bearing on your employability. Employers arent even ethically allowed to select based on your marital status. This doesn't mean if you are asked in an interview you should lie oh! Employers have only a few minutes to scan your CV, focus on the critical stuff like experience profile, skills, strengths, educational info etc. Your personal information that is relevant is age (some people dont even bother with this), hobbies, your name (of course) and contact info
jazzyjazz:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:03am On Jun 24, 2017
I should have finished reading before posting. This Mama don talk am finish grin

AlphaHandMaiden:

Cc yesitsme.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 2:54am On Jun 24, 2017
Hi all. Pls how does this honey and lemon
Thing work again!?

My 3 years old and my 18 month old have battled cough for almost 7 wks now

We have gone to the hospital thrice

Taken all sorts of drugs including antibiotics

It's worse at night when it feels like they are literarily coughing their chest out

I wear them sweater don't use ac etc

I'm tired. We hardly sleep at night again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olamitie: 10:58am On Jun 24, 2017
queensnow:
waiting ooo!!
don't know bout cough but for the catarrh you can rub ori on his nose when he sleeps

Abeg is Nigeria pampers so good? I'm seeing a lot of good reviews online
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 11:17am On Jun 24, 2017
favoredgal:
Hi all. Pls how does this honey and lemon
Thing work again!?

My 3 years old and my 18 month old have battled cough for almost 7 wks now

We have gone to the hospital thrice

Taken all sorts of drugs including antibiotics

It's worse at night when it feels like they are literarily coughing their chest out

I wear them sweater don't use ac etc

I'm tired. We hardly sleep at night again
grate ginger, pour hot water and allow to cool a bit then add honey...Fast action

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darsty99: 11:25am On Jun 24, 2017
olamitie:
don't know bout cough but for the catarrh you can rub ori on his nose when he sleeps

Nigeria pampers is very good. That is wht i use for my baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 11:33am On Jun 24, 2017
olamitie:

Yes ohhh!!! I made review on it in some of my last post. Nigeria pampers is bae and I wish I can see it in every country I go. To me it's better than USA pampers sef.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 12:49pm On Jun 24, 2017
Thank u ma
olamitie:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by voucher(f): 5:26pm On Jun 24, 2017
Pls mamas that their babies are sitting already,at what month did you start keeping them on the playmat on the floor? My baby is 3 months plus nd i sit him on the bed nd count to 10 while holding him but my mom said I should seat him on d floor with d mat! Wont that break his waist pls? Nd she said I should seat him nd leave him but keep pillows around him then carry him after a while...dnt read nd pass pls

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 5:59pm On Jun 24, 2017
voucher:
Pls mamas that their babies are sitting already,at what month did you start keeping them on the playmat on the floor? My baby is 3 months plus nd i sit him on the bed nd count to 10 while holding him but my mom said I should seat him on d floor with d mat! Wont that break his waist pls? Nd she said I should seat him nd leave him but keep pillows around him then carry him after a while...dnt read nd pass pls

Hahaha
Your mum is right
It won't break his waist.
My mum started putting my son to sit at 2 months!
What you should do is maybe put a blanket or folded bed sheets on the floor then put him to sit. Also sit with him so he doesn't fall and hit his head

Also here's a pic of the area I put my son to sit

I use the back rest of my chairs to put behind him so when he falls, he lands on the pillows rather than the floor.
I spread out his toys which makes him stretch out, this also aids in crawling (so says my grandma) (and I see it working as my son stretches then lies on his belly and begin to raise his bum up as if he wants to position his knees in the crawling position)

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olamitie: 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2017
Akorkor:

Yes ohhh!!! I made review on it in some of my last post. Nigeria pampers is bae and I wish I can see it in every country I go. To me it's better than USA pampers sef.
@Darsty99
I see, didn't know,was thinking it will be lousy.Thanks, make I port abeg.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2017
yseries:

Yes o, der r some organization that just been a woman makes it difficult to get a job with them not to talk of being a *married woman*.

I had that experience when I was looking for a law firm to serve (nysc) I was told bluntly that d principal partner(CEO) doesn't hire women o that women always hv one issue or d other,or always running after family stuff. Was told d few female lawyers there where those who came with connections I.e d connect must b his BIG Clients of whom he is assured who always give him big legal briefs.

Life of being a woman in Nigeria

My brother's firm does not like hiring females (prestigious law firm too). Even as Office assistant. The reason is, they (and almost every professional company in Nigeria feel this way) feel a married mother is a liability. Based on their experiences and their bias (they are married, they won't want their wives working long hours). And to be honest, I've worked with married Mums and frankly, I'd rather not (if it's a tough job). I'll never forget one, they would give us briefs to review, as we are leaving the boss' office she would drop it on my desk and say "you know I'm a mum and have to cook for so many people, I'm so tired at the end of the day". But woe betide anyone who said she should reduce her salary. My friend is a researcher and I have never seen his partner, she always has a "child emergency". He stopped asking her about the welfare of her kids the day he caught her "child emergency" butt attending a mid-week owambe.

You may not be like this but these stories are so common, anyone writing "Mrs/Pastor" etc on their CV, will immediately get sent to the bottom of the pile. Too many women have abused the privileges. No bank I know will hire you when you write "Mrs" at the top of your CV, same with a lot of firms. Name, last name, no personal info. I work for you, I don't need you to know all my kids' names and birthdays. Same with me and my boss.

Jazzyjazz, that man sending you to interview at a school is him being biased (most people encourage Mothers to become teachers because it is seen as a job which gives them time for their families plus they think Teaching is a nurturing job because y'know, #babies!! #InsertEyeroll) AND also, you probably came off as "super mum" rather than "badass professional". Because I know a "badass professional" who landed a tough interview.... 2 weeks after she gave birth. And they didn't even know apparently till the end of the interview.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 12:40am On Jun 25, 2017
Sabi mammas especially grannies in need advice before I take my hand kill myself.
1. When I am pregnant I usually have this pelvic joint pain and a very severe one through out the pregnancy though I still manage to go to work and still do some house work the body can accommodate. But my hubby feels I am pretending. So each time he comes home and things are not done he keeps yelling at me that I am lazy and compare me with other women around.
he is the type that does not lift a pin. After I delivered I was discharged 6dAys later and I went to my mom's and stayed there for another six days.
I had to leave my mums cos I couldn't bear to see her struggle to walk and do other thing cos of the state of her health. Now my mother in law didn't come until the grand daughter that is living with her had post jamb to write and her centre was close to my house so they came 5wks after I delivered and left. 2days later. Meanwhile when my brother inlaws wife put to birth my mil came immidiatly she heard the news and lived with me since my BIL house is not big enough to accommodate her. So I was the one going to the mkt and cooking all the food for both MIL and BIL wife. And when I dared to complain my hubby told me that I am just jealous cos she gave birth to a son and I lost my own son that why I am bursting with jealousy. And because of the stress I lost the pregnancy I was carrying. And I prayed my heart out and God blessed my with another son.
Since the day one after my CS I have been the one taking care of my daughter and newborn son. After I was discharged my younger sister went back to her husbands house cos she is newly married and pregnant. When hubby came to pick me from mumsies house she had to beg him to assist me as I am not strong enough to do chores cos of the kind of delivery I had. Indid he helped for 2days to boil water and sweep the parlour only. After the 3rd day making it day 15 after delivery I had to do everything for myself. Cook bath the kids, wash clothes keep late night to look after baby and even do school runs. And after doing all that the scare begins to pain me and when I complain he sees it as pretence. At one month he entered the house with his friends and the clothes I packed from sun was on The chair plus I have not swept for that day in the process of putting baby to sleep I dosed off. And what I heard him telling his friends is it is only in my house u can see things like dis. I felt bad and the next day I decided to mub and scrob the floor. When he walked in he said that this is how is house should look like all the time.
That day I suffered pains from the CS scare for a whole week but I still had to look after the kids. He shouts when the house is not tidy. I had to carry the baby on my back to clean and cook for the family. Though sometimes he carries the baby but when he starts crying I must carry him and do what I am doing.
For the past 4days my son has been crying fir nothing. I took him for a massage and things didn't change. Just dis evening when the boy started crying I was cooking when he ordered me to carry the boy.and started complaining of how I make him carry the boy, that his sister carried her children by herself. I call myself a mum and cannot find solutions to the baby's cry. That I am so lazy I cant take care of the house etc.
In all dis the scar is still paining me and my doc keeps saying it is stress that is making it pain me and my hubby keeps calling me lazy, All he does when he is around is sleep, watch tv and hang out with friends. I am really loose my mind. I don't know what to do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) (976) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.