Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,192 members, 7,839,055 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

thanks - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / thanks (12622 Views)

Thanks TeHN / How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: thanks by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 24, 2012
chaircover:

Youve started again abi? I see that nothing has changed & I Was expecting you to show up here sniffing around anyway, anytime a certain person posts grin

Well as for me guess what!! I am just going to ignore you as usual. So you can highlight, lowlight, shout, yell, use bold font 64 red or neon Green, but as far as I am concerned you remain where you always were . . . nowhere! So go back and read reverse psychology 101 all over again tongue

Enjoy the rest of your evening kiss Now that is sarcasm

Hmmm,
People are soooo sensitive...OOOhh!
So you can dish it out but can not take it eh?
You could have asked the question about the OPs kids nicely instead of trying to be so sarcastic and trying to prove that you were better than her.
So you are gonna ignore me aye? I suggest you make up your mind considering the fact that you put up a thread a few weeks ago asking "Where is everybody?"
www.nairaland.com/965270/where-everyone#11124339
Re: thanks by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 24, 2012
Re: thanks by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 24, 2012
Phewww!
Must every thread in the family section be about YOU,YOU and YOU?
Like I once told you the fact that you haven't caught him yet does not mean he is not doing it,so stop feeling superior to the poor women that bring their worries and problems here.Go figure that out and GOOD NIGHT!
Re: thanks by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 24, 2012
Re: thanks by debosky(m): 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2012
Instead of giving advice, y'all are fighting abi?

Mscheew.

@ OP

What do you really want? You've admitted you don't want your kids to grow up in a broken home, so unless you are willing to leave him, then you have to remain in the marriage.

If you are interested in repairing the marriage, then people may be able to offer advice in that area. I am not sure what you are asking for here. . . .if you are fed up of his nasty attitude, you need to find ways to reduce your daily interaction to the bare minimum for your peace of mind. That may be a start while you seek ways of at least returning to a civil (if not loving) relationship.

In one breath you say you want to be loved (but it won't be by your hubby), in the next you say you want to remain single and not have affairs - how exactly do you reconcile this?

I am not sure you've clearly arrived at what you want here - you sound like your marriage is irreparable. If you truly think that is the case, then seek ways to ensure you can have a civil relationship at the minimum for the sake of the kids. However, I do not think there is any relationship that is irreparable - it is all down to how much both parties are interested in repairing the relationship.

As for not having intercourse in 5 years, as a man, unless he is impotent it is nearly impossible for him to remain without intercourse in 5 years, no matter how low his sex drive. He is likely cheating, albeit discreetly.
Re: thanks by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 24, 2012
Re: thanks by tasandra: 10:30pm On Jun 24, 2012
@jennykadry,i am not offended atall..i will always take a proper look b4 postin next time..thnx once again smiley
Re: thanks by agiboma(f): 10:49pm On Jun 24, 2012
awoloto: There has been no infidelity,when i say he knows i wont leave him, i mean that he knows my views about children having to be brought up in broken homes. I was a product of that too, and its not plesant at all. yes theres a lot that is not being said, but i have been a dutiful caring wife and wonderful mother to my four children.

he is simply nasty and abusive towards me, and reduces me to tears on a daily basis.

Yes. I too am the product of a broken home and i vowed to myself i will stick it through so my son does not grow up fatherless. I moved to Nigeria permanently after having my son. I left all my family in my home country. So i to have a great value for children growing up with both mother and father, to me their is simply no comprimise. smiley

About the abuse, i did not know he was abusive, even though its emotional abuse it still hurts. Can you communicate with him and ask him why he is being so nasty.

If you can take time for yourself and try to put your mind together, try meditation if you can it helped me to center my thoughts.
Re: thanks by taryour(f): 10:57pm On Jun 24, 2012
agiboma: @ op my heart really goes out to you cause i been in your shoes. I know there are some things you left out in your original post, but ill comment on what you have shared. Look, at the end of the day no body can tell you to go or stay. Its a decision you got to make. If you decide to stay look for ways you can survive in the marriage. Like doing your hair, reading books, playing internet poker etc. Try to find a hobby or a job if you dont have one. Also are you still interested in sharing intamacy with your husband?
Even after five years it still possible to get it back if you are wanting to go their with him again. You mentioned getting a boyfriend well when i was in your shoes i wanted to do the same thing, but i realised that it would solve nothing and i had to work on the heart of the problem to repair my marriage. I did this by communicating more with my husband and fighting less. I also started my own business and wow that was a major turning point for us, my husband began to see everything differently and he has changed. Your hubby can also change if its what you want, you just got to work on it, but first you need to work on you. Its not doing your kids any good seeing mommy sad all the time.When i was going through my difficult time i was also sad, but i recovered and found ways of making myself happy, i became my true source of joy and was not looking towards my husband for anything emotional, thats how i regained my sanity and was able to put my house back in order. Look OP you can do it too! Today my home is differnt my hubby is a wonderful father to our son that loves him dearly. Just a few days ago he told me ?you gave me a beautiful son, i did not see it before, but i see it now". I smiled and said thank you. But in my mond im thinking our son is 2 years old and you are just seeing it now. What im trying to say is that it takes some men time to realise and appreciate what they got in their home. No circumstance in marriage cannot be worked out with communication IMO.
Are you in Nigeria? Divorce with 4 kids in Nigeria is not easy!!!!! Especially if you are divorcing looking for love. If you divorcing to have your fun and not look for something serious then thats more realistic in Nigeria. Their are many men that would have you as a girlfriend, but i dont think you will find one to marry you with 4 children in this Nigeria, sorry to say. So before you leave look at the realities of your circumstances and environment.
OP what ever you decide to do, good luck

i couldnt av said it better than this...
Re: thanks by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 24, 2012
Hhehehehehehe CC is on fire, ouch those words were hot. Carry waka. I am behind you cool

Nonsense upon ingredients mr impress women my azz. At least some of us have succeeded in reducing the amount of time you spend on NLD. We hope to completely de-activate your account. cool

Ehn BTW CC my Sunday went well.
Re: thanks by coogar: 12:11am On Jun 25, 2012
awoloto: i am married with four children, and to a man who clearly does not love me or care about me. i am 38, but dont wont to leave the marriage because of the affect it will have on my four children , the oldest being ten years old.
the marriage has broken down completely and i am living in depression, and hopelessness. i am very unhappy. he knows this but it doesnt bother him. he wants to remain married to me,i am constantly in tears over his attitude and uncaring nature towards me.
what do i do , pls advise me. i wanted to be loved , but i know it will never be by him. That is a closed chapter.
Do i stay in the marriage and date another, or do i continue to suffer. we have not had intercourse for over five years. is this life?
i have just moved to lagos and have only a few friends.i really advice.
please give me your views on this.

if he's not had sex for 5 yrs then he's definitely fucking someone else.
i don't think any healthy man would remain celibate in marriage unless he wallows in erectile
dysfunction....

that said, you need to put more sparks in your marriage. you said you are constantly in tears
over his attitude and uncaring nature towards you? what is his attitude? does he beat you?
does he womanize? what exactly irks you about him?

for the sake of your children, stay in your marriage. there are willing females out there ready to take over.
Re: thanks by Johndoe100(m): 2:34am On Jun 25, 2012
I am amazed that chircover and her coven of hags did not start on awoloto the OP to get divorced, could this be because she is older (and definitely wiser)than the cabalites? Interesting to see the reaction of the coven to a female that they most likely would have to give respect, this accounts for chaircover's initial hostility.

@awoloto
I don't usually give advice to women but you seem to be sincere and a mature sort, so I will. You would do well to take heed of what this poster here syays:

agiboma: @ op my heart really goes out to you cause i been in your shoes. I know there are some things you left out in your original post, but ill comment on what you have shared. Look, at the end of the day no body can tell you to go or stay. Its a decision you got to make. If you decide to stay look for ways you can survive in the marriage. Like doing your hair, reading books, playing internet poker etc. Try to find a hobby or a job if you dont have one. Also are you still interested in sharing intamacy with your husband?
Even after five years it still possible to get it back if you are wanting to go their with him again. You mentioned getting a boyfriend well when i was in your shoes i wanted to do the same thing, but i realised that it would solve nothing and i had to work on the heart of the problem to repair my marriage. I did this by communicating more with my husband and fighting less. I also started my own business and wow that was a major turning point for us, my husband began to see everything differently and he has changed. Your hubby can also change if its what you want, you just got to work on it, but first you need to work on you. Its not doing your kids any good seeing mommy sad all the time.When i was going through my difficult time i was also sad, but i recovered and found ways of making myself happy, i became my true source of joy and was not looking towards my husband for anything emotional, thats how i regained my sanity and was able to put my house back in order. Look OP you can do it too! Today my home is differnt my hubby is a wonderful father to our son that loves him dearly. Just a few days ago he told me ?you gave me a beautiful son, i did not see it before, but i see it now". I smiled and said thank you. But in my mond im thinking our son is 2 years old and you are just seeing it now. What im trying to say is that it takes some men time to realise and appreciate what they got in their home. No circumstance in marriage cannot be worked out with communication IMO.
Are you in Nigeria? Divorce with 4 kids in Nigeria is not easy!!!!! Especially if you are divorcing looking for love. If you divorcing to have your fun and not look for something serious then thats more realistic in Nigeria. Their are many men that would have you as a girlfriend, but i dont think you will find one to marry you with 4 children in this Nigeria, sorry to say. So before you leave look at the realities of your circumstances and environment.
OP what ever you decide to do, good luck
Re: thanks by Nobody: 3:52am On Jun 25, 2012
chaircover: @awoloto it seems that my question offended you and so I apologize for that

You don't have to apologise. Trust me and I can bet my azz that this poster would not have been offended If that male poster did not single out your post and made It look like you were attacking the poster.
Re: thanks by Nobody: 4:08am On Jun 25, 2012
Did I miss something? I just dont see any hostility or sarcasm that some are talking about. Just saying..... undecided

1 Like

Re: thanks by moremi2008(m): 5:50am On Jun 25, 2012
@ OP - You aren't telling us the complete story about your marriage and thus, nobody can give you any advice worth acting on! Please answer CC's question about the origins of the disaffection. Was it sudden? Or gradual? What is this nonsense about 5-yr with no sex and no cheating? That sounds incredulous; please provide more details about your super-man husband. Is he gay? Is he occultic and this is a condition given by his cult or jazz-man?

The most troubling hole in your story is the lack of specifics about what exactly he does that gets you so depressed and leaves you in tears. Lots of Nigerian wives get minimal romance or affection from their husbands, get nasty words regularly and yet have found ways to enjoy their lives and their children, especially after 18yrs. Do you have a job to keep you busy? There is definitely something more to this story than you are telling us. Nobody can give you good advice based on a very incomplete story.
Re: thanks by MissIfe(f): 6:43am On Jun 25, 2012
@moremi : exactly what I've been thinking

@OP : I don't really get why you are here? When you ask "who comes first" do you mean "should I come first before my kids and move out" or "does my husband come first before me". I don't get it. I also don't know how you've waited 5 yrs without sex, crying everyday in a loveless relationship... Pls, let us know more about what is really going on and what you already tried to make things better so that our advices can be useful.

As for those who think staying in a marriage is all there is to do to make kids grow healthy and happy, I don't mean to be rude but I guess it's about time to wake up. Which kid doesn't see what is going on in his parents' marriage ? I could go on and on but well...

1 Like

Re: thanks by awoloto: 8:18am On Jun 25, 2012
Thanks
Re: thanks by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 25, 2012
awoloto: I

Erm, it's better you take your marriage the way it is - and replace the love you expect from your husband, with the love your kids have for you... I don't think it's a nice thing to go for a divorce - since you already made an oath with God, to live with the man till death do you part...

Sex isn't everything, and love from within is the most important thing in life.. Love yourself, and your kids - and trust me, he'll realize his mistakes in future and come back begging on his kneels...
Re: thanks by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2012
coogar:
if he's not had sex for 5 yrs then he's definitely fucking someone else.
i don't think any healthy man would remain celibate in marriage unless he wallows in erectile
dysfunction....

that said, you need to put more sparks in your marriage. you said you are constantly in tears
over his attitude and uncaring nature towards you? what is his attitude? does he beat you?
does he womanize? what exactly irks you about him?

for the sake of your children, stay in your marriage. there are willing females out there ready to take over.

Co-sign!!
Re: thanks by denitro(m): 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2012
Something must have driven the man to that extreme.
Re: thanks by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 25, 2012
Some of the comments on this thread are funny, yo...

I can see many broke and loud narcissists.. Funny pricks! grin

@OP

Ignore the loud narcissists, and focus on the positive response.

Cheers!
Re: thanks by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:04pm On Jun 25, 2012
So I once said to a friend, right now I would happily board DANA or even attend a church in damaturu than get married. It scares the hell out of me.
When I read the problems all the time, I can see just one thing crawling around this place - Selfishness
Its always I am , I am, I am - damn whatever happened to slugging it out huh? Whatever happened to reasoning it through huh? Whatever happened to channeling energy for your kids to grow? Is he chasing you out of the house? No! Get on and live on my sister. In the scale of things to me right now the lives of your four kids out weigh what ever enjoyment you want to have now at 38. At least give them all time to be able to understand and process this, BUT WHAT DO I KNOW!!!

A happy Bachelor smiley
Re: thanks by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 25, 2012
denitro: Something must have driven the man to that extreme.

Some men are just naturally like that..

They marry for the wrong reasons, and end up getting bored of their wives...

1 Like

Re: thanks by marabout(m): 5:09pm On Jun 25, 2012
@Awoloto

I guess you're new to NL. Your name doesn't sound familiar.

FYI
If you need proper advice from a level-headed young lady with a wealth of experience here, then it's Chairwoman Chaircover.
You would do well to hear her opinion. Attacking people blindly is not her style.
You will soon thank her anyway.

Shikena.

1 Like

Re: thanks by GboyegaD(m): 5:13pm On Jun 25, 2012
awoloto: Marriage! no way thats out of the question, i will happily remain single . I am not looking to get married again at all. yes i live in Lagos, and i am fully aware that no guy will look at my type(four kids).
i will happily remain single, as for intimacy, no, i have passsed that stage now and am very indifferent to it, i know i dont really want to cheat so , its not an option for me.i married a man who right from the start was never really interested in being intimate anyway,and had a very low sex drive, so its never been an issue for him.
thanks for the advise, agboma i will ponder over all you have said.
I have a good job, and am doing well for myself, so i am not idle, i also have a large supportive family.
Ijust have to continue to hold on to God for now, just dont know how long i can hold on for.

I would also suggest you also work on yourself because your reasoning/attitude for me is something I am having challenges with. Just do what would make you happy, do not nag him, make him know you still love him despite his acts, show him more care than ever and pray to the God you serve to come intervene in the situation.
Re: thanks by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 25, 2012
chaircover:

4 kids in 5 years.

Did you have twins or triplets?

I see the Op has already clarified the issue, but having said that, having 4kids in 5years is not impossible. My mum had the 3 of us within the space of 3years (1987, 1988, 1990)
Re: thanks by Kakability(m): 5:30pm On Jun 25, 2012
[quote author=chaircover]

4 kids in 5 years.

Did you have twins or triplets? Did she tell u sha had 4 kids in 5 years? She said she and her husband had not make love since the past 5 years. Do i need to open ur head and fix all this?
Re: thanks by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Jun 25, 2012
OP,

You stated you dont want to raise your kids in a broken home, Then why dont you just stay with the husband for the sake of the father figure and possibly financial input into the kids life

What would you gain by breaking the marriage?

Why dont you just leave the man alone and dont worry yourself about love and sexx again

4 kids in 5 yrs is not impossible I have a friend 1982, 1983, 1984 and 1986. Whats the count there?
Re: thanks by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2012
@OP. GET A BOOK TITLED THE 5 LOVE LANGUAGE. IT WILL HELP YOU MORE BETTER ON YOUR CASE. IT REALLY DO WORKS. GOOD LUCK. SEND ME YOUR MAIL LET ME TRY TO SEND YOU THE AUDIO.

Re: thanks by passerby: 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2012
i am from a home of six a we were raised up single handedly by my mum, i am the last out of six, and u will be shocked if i tell u that we are all graduates, two females, both married, 1 a teacher one a banker, four boys, one married and lecturing, one a priest(catholic) the last two(both abroad. dear,
my dear my advice to u is, focus u can make it, my dad is alive but he never contributed a dime to our upbringing, lucky enough for us my mum is a very hard working woman, i watched my dad frustrate my mums efforts as i grew up, and till date he hasnt stopped. u hv an edge, in the sense that ur husband does not molest u, and u dint say that he doesnt play the role of the man of the house. so my dear God is the key to ur problems, with all the persecution my mum recieved from my dad she still was the chairperson of one of the currently bombed churches in zaria, kaduna state, that was yrs ago, why i tell u this is for u to know that God is the Key, it wont be easy but some day joy will overtake all u hv passed tru,just like my mum today. trust in God, work in his vineyard and he will work in urs, till date my parents hv not yet been reconciled we the kids have tried but the man has refused and he does not even have any reason, we have asked him the problem but he never gave any tangible reason for hating his wife for more than 30yrs now, well me are now used to it, and we are living our life, but he is the one suffering it, cos the whole world knows that my mum trained us and that all the kudos are hers. Please be strong it wont be easy, sex is not everything, wat if he was dead? would u run into another mans house cos of it, in alittle while now u will start to enjoy ur kids and forget about all those things. mean while my mum has still achived what couples do achieve together, academics, career, family and finance, i will like to hook u up with her for advice, email me@ rabdul851@gmail.com,

1 Like

Re: thanks by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 25, 2012
chaircover: @awoloto it seems that my question offended you and so I apologize for that
simple, i like that. You tot of your reputation rather than personal ego. At times a simple sorry works miracles.
Re: thanks by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2012
awoloto: I am married with four children to a man who clearly does not love me or care about me.
I am 38, but don't wont to leave the marriage because of the affect it will have on my four children , the oldest being ten years old.

The marriage has broken down completely and i am living in depression, and hopelessness. I am very unhappy, he knows this but it doesn't bother him. he wants to remain married to me,i am constantly in tears over his attitude and uncaring nature towards me.

What do i do ? please advise me.

I wanted to be loved , but i know it will never be by him. That is a closed chapter.

Do i stay in the marriage and date another, or do i continue to suffer. We have not had intercourse for over five years. Is this life?

I have just moved to Lagos and have only a few friends. I really need advice.

Please give me your views on this.

(YAAAAWWWWWNNN)Cry me a river build a bridge and get over it. Interestingly I have never seen a thread where someone wants to get married and puts up a thread asking for advice. Its always after the marriage when reality sets in. Im glad for one U know he will never love you which reduces ur problem by 1/2.

1. you can swallow ur pride and leave him, concentrate on ur happiness, bringing up ur kids properly and watch them develop into normal people
2. you can also stay and suffer let ur children witness ur misery Im sure that will affect the positively.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Will I Deal With A Stepmother Who Loves Swearing,abusing And Problematic / Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century / Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.