Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. (12620 Views)

The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. / I Am Tired Of My Marriage Barely Four Months Into The Marriage / Am Too Months Into Marital Life Today,what Internet Has Brought 2geda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Kx: 12:48pm On Mar 11, 2009
I ll appreciate everyones thought on this.
Just 2 months into a marriage,a friend is neck deep in divorce proceedings.
He met her just a year a ago.I guess she gave him the fu-ck of his life and be4 u could
say jack,he has proposed marriage ignoring friends and associates advice not to marry her on the grounds
of her lack of character,"ashawo tendencies" etc.

Just 2months into the "for better for worse",he has gone to his family to "table" the issue of the
wife's irresponsibilitites and excesses.Mind you,they (husband and wife) are adults.

On a one and one interaction with him last weekend,he opened up and gave the following reasons why
d marriage must be discontinued without further delay.

Before their marriage ceremony in December 2008

1. Late last year while they were planning marriage,they discovered that she was pregnant.Against
    the guy's entreaties to keep the baby,she aborted the pregnancy without the guy's consent.

2. Still in 2008 while they were planning for the marriage,they had a quarrel,she rushed to the kitchen,
    picked the knife and stabbed him on his elbow leaving a mark to date to show for it.

3.Still before marriage,they had a fight and she bite him almost chopping off his fifth finger.

4.While they were lying on the bed one saturday,his fone rang.She enquired who the caller was and on discovering that it was
   a lady caller,she reached out and clobbed his eyes with an object,almost blinding him and ran away.

5.Each time she travels to school to check result or something(she has just graduated from  a tertitiary institution) or to the village
   she demands for and is placed on a fixed daily out station allowance.

After marriage Ceremony

1.She put an end to saluting the father-in-law.

2.She demands unreasonable sums of money irrespective of the guy's fixed monthly income.

3.She demands for sex everyday even when the guy is ill.

4. The guy now run away from the house,on the face of the wife's unreasonable demand for sex,attention
     and money just 2 months into marriage.

5. She  stripped and swore in daylight nudity (more than once) holding her private parts and cursing that,since the guy has
    sucked her brea-st and made love to her genitals,if he ever "crosses" the part of another woman,his life
    will turn miserable and unfortunate from that moment.saying that she did not beg to be married in the first place

These are just a few of his reasons justifying his proposed divorce proceedings in the traditional way.

I adviced him not to rush into divorce but he wont listen.Frankly speaking,he was adviced against the marriage
but he did nt listen. Am bringing this piece for ppls to be advised to take their time in marriage issues.

In conclusion,I 'd appreciate every useful suggestion I can obtain from this forum on what to advice the guy to
do in order to avert the divorce (if possible) especially now that the guy's parents have given him thier support to break up.The girl
is serving (NYSC) now.Many thanks people.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by bridget007(f): 12:54pm On Mar 11, 2009
My god, I say he must run for his life, she sounds like a lunatic!

4 Likes

Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by JJYOU: 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2009
Kx:

I ll appreciate everyones thought on this.
Just 2 months into a marriage,a friend is neck deep in divorce proceedings.
He met her just a year a ago.I guess she gave him the fu-ck of his life and be4 u could
say jack,he has proposed marriage ignoring friends and associates advice not to marry her on the grounds
of her lack of character,"ashawo tendencies" etc.

Just 2months into the "for better for worse",he has gone to his family to "table" the issue of the
wife's irresponsibilitites and excesses.Mind you,they (husband and wife) are adults.

On a one and one interaction with him last weekend,he opened up and gave the following reasons why
d marriage must be discontinued without further delay.

Before their marriage ceremony in December 2008

1. Late last year while they were planning marriage,they discovered that she was pregnant.Against
    the guy's entreaties to keep the baby,she aborted the pregnancy without the guy's consent.

2. Still in 2008 while they were planning for the marriage,they had a quarrel,she rushed to the kitchen,
    picked the knife and stabbed him on his elbow leaving a mark to date to show for it.

3.Still before marriage,they had a fight and she bite him almost chopping off his fifth finger.

4.While they were lying on the bed one saturday,his fone rang.She enquired who the caller was and on discovering that it was
   a lady caller,she reached out and clobbed his eyes with an object,almost blinding him and ran away.

5.Each time she travels to school to check result or something(she has just graduated from  a tertitiary institution) or to the village
   she demands for and is placed on a fixed daily out station allowance.

After marriage Ceremony

1.She put an end to saluting the father-in-law.

2.She demands unreasonable sums of money irrespective of the guy's fixed monthly income.

3.She demands for sex everyday even when the guy is ill.

4. The guy now run away from the house,on the face of the wife's unreasonable demand for sex,attention
     and money just 2 months into marriage.

5. She  stripped and swore in daylight nudity (more than once) holding her private parts and cursing that,since the guy has
    sucked her brea-st and made love to her genitals,if he ever "crosses" the part of another woman,his life
    will turn miserable and unfortunate from that moment.saying that she did not beg to be married in the first place

These are just a few of his reasons justifying his proposed divorce proceedings in the traditional way.

I adviced him not to rush into divorce but he wont listen.Frankly speaking,he was adviced against the marriage
but he did nt listen. Am bringing this piece for ppls to be advised to take their time in marriage issues.

In conclusion,I 'd appreciate every useful suggestion I can obtain from this forum on what to advice the guy to
do in order to avert the divorce (if possible) especially now that the guy's parents have given him thier support to break up.The girl
is serving (NYSC) now.Many thanks people.
another poor mans ugly daughter. how did your friend inherit this knid of liability?

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by touchmeder: 1:00pm On Mar 11, 2009
dem still dey see. undecided what a total mess. if this is true, then he needs to take a walk quickly. The marriage was doomed from the start and still he did not see it. then he needs to draw closer to God make this woman nor go juju am oh. who fit strip naked for broad day light.Godforbid shocked
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by rhufffryda(m): 1:05pm On Mar 11, 2009
he should have looked well before he leapt

1 Like

Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by debosky(m): 1:07pm On Mar 11, 2009
See wahala. After she stabbed him, nearly blinded him, nearly chopped off his finger and aborted his child without his consent, he still went ahead to marry her?   undecided

She had shown her true colours earlier, still he didn't relent. Let him live with her, she is his cross to bear now.  grin

1 Like

Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Kx: 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2009
I just consulted a pastor and he said that staying in the marriage
could make such "naked swear swear to have effect on the guy's life" and that
even if he divorces her,the curse may have no effect since the guys' hands are "clean.

I dont know if the pastors position is  entirely true.

The guy spent so much in the course of the mariage ceremony and
but he has resolved to regard the wasted funds as life sacrifice in order to live in peace.
He also indicated that having tasted a sore bitter 2 months marriage,he might as well
remain single for life and get children outside wedlock in the future.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by whitelexi(m): 1:20pm On Mar 11, 2009
Wierd. This kind of girl will dictate when the marriage will end oh. . . E no go end until she don chop belle full grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by touchmeder: 1:22pm On Mar 11, 2009
whether he decides to remain in d marriage or leave, he must draw closer to God, this lady is the type that can resort to diabolical means to do something to this guy. just my tot sha i might be wrong
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by JJYOU: 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2009
Kx:

I just consulted a pastor and he said that staying in the marriage
could make such "naked swear swear to have effect on the guy's life" and that
even if he divorces her,the curse may have no effect since the guys' hands are "clean.

I dont know if the pastors position is  entirely true.

The guy spent so much in the course of the mariage ceremony and
but he has resolved to regard the wasted funds as life sacrifice in order to live in peace.
He also indicated that having tasted a sore bitter 2 months marriage,he might as well
remain single for life and get children outside wedlock in the future.

you sure say this is not you?  tell him to wait for 4 more years before he makes his move. some NL women are on their way here.  how old is this girl?  didnt know women still do this satanic thing. where is she from?

he may have to cut his loss. it is poor judgement to keep throwing in more money and waste his life and time
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by MrCrackles(m): 1:24pm On Mar 11, 2009
Na wa ooo! undecided
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by menipo(m): 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2009
Omo run and never look back!
You should have done your homework in the 1st place.
It's all your fault.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Archilles(m): 1:27pm On Mar 11, 2009
@Kx,
There is no point crying over split milk. I think its useless saying the guy made a mistake marrying the girl in the first place. And ur question wasnt if ur friend made a mistake marrying his wife, rather its what ur friend should do in his predicament. Really, i advise u nt to stop him from divorcing his wife. Now dont get me wrong, I dont believe in divorces, i think misunderstanding can be settled amicably but in his case, this is not a misunderstanding. His life is at stake here, his safety is no longer guaranteed. Forget about the swearing et al, nothing go happen. Good luck to ur pal.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by yme1(f): 1:28pm On Mar 11, 2009
marriage is not what one should rush into, it is for better for worse.
if the woman is not willing to change the man had better back off b4 she kills him
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Kx: 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2009
JJYOU:

you sure say this is not you?

JJYOU,thanks for your response bro,you know 2 well this cant be me.
To say the truth,we saw it coming.My ppl dey talk say fly wen nor dey hear
word dey follow dead body go grave

My guy did nt listen to advice at all.
To ansa anoda fella's question,d uy is about 35 and the girl shud be btw 23 and 26,cant be 2 sure.
She's from some where in niger delta,although u ll agree with me,place of origin has
nothing to do with character.if u dont have it u dont have it.

If i must say the truth,my honest advice to d guy would have been for him to divorce her immidiately
but who are my to put asunder what God has joined together especially wen d guy nor take our advice earlia.

I intend to sample opinion and print the responses and give to d guy so that he will realise
that one shud always listen to the voice of reason and look b4 u leap.

I appreciate u all.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by JJYOU: 2:09pm On Mar 11, 2009
Kx:

JJYOU,thanks for your response bro,you know 2 well this cant be me.
To say the truth,we saw it coming.My ppl dey talk say fly wen nor dey hear
word dey follow dead body go grave

My guy did nt listen to advice at all.
To ansa anoda fella's question,d uy is about 35 and the girl shud be btw 23 and 26,cant be 2 sure.
She's from some where in niger delta,although u ll agree with me,place of origin has
nothing to do with character.if u dont have it u dont have it.

If i must say the truth,my honest advice to d guy would have been for him to divorce her immidiately
but who are my to put asunder what God has joined together especially wen d guy nor take our advice earlia.

I intend to sample opinion and print the responses and give to d guy so that he will realise
that one shud always listen to the voice of reason and look b4 u leap.

I appreciate u all.
you know that was a joke. i am all for God putting people together but lets be real God didnt put 99% of the world togeter. the word is what God put together not what manipulation/flesh put together.

i asked the area question cos i wanted to nail that barbaric habit of stripping naked to curse to a particular area. i cant imagine and hausa woman doing something like that.

he will hear now. love is blind as they say marriage is opening his eyes now that some mad people still wear clothes.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Treetop20(m): 2:10pm On Mar 11, 2009
this is hard to believe
what kind of good sex would make a grown man
ignore such glaring warning signs?
shocked
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2009
if you'll excuse my language,

the dude was pussy whipped to the altar undecided

since its obvious that his little brain has taken over his faculties, find a finer chick that you have confirmed is better in bed than the wife( i have no idea how you will generate the data grin); hook them up, and before you know it, your dude's eyes will clear and he will give the killer wife the boot.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by chikito1(f): 2:42pm On Mar 11, 2009
Kk,

If this story is true, in my humble opinion i think the guy should take a walk. It's the early stage

and no kids involved yet. Marriage is not a do or die affair. Its better now that its only two months

in. He can now clearly see why people were opposed to him getting married to her in the first

place. Cearly shows that her attitude ad values is not the way foward.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Emperoh(m): 2:59pm On Mar 11, 2009
Poster
Don't try to stop this divorce
You can very sure the wife is also cheating
The guy's life is at stake here.
So not even room to see if she can change.

oyb:

if you'll excuse my language,
the dude was pussy whipped to the altar undecided
SPOT ON!!!
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Kx: 3:15pm On Mar 11, 2009
Emperoh:

Poster
Don't try to stop this divorce
You can very sure the wife is also cheating
The guy's life is at stake here.

Hey,i dont have d power to stop d divorce.who are my?
I only wanted to sound different from every other person,knowing that his
family members has given him their nod.
Sure,when i said ashawo tendencies i meant the fact that
the wife's wakabout b4 d marriage was common knowledge but the
lover man was simply blindly in "love"
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2009
My people,una c wetin kitten de cause.Its not his fault tho,its only magical.Some dudes just claim de love a babe n could do anythin they can to take her to the altar against all odds,but they fail to realize that not all that glitters is gold.If u just get to meet a girl for some months n u feel the s€x has been great,n u could do anythin to keep that chick,then u might b headin for doom.I'm no fan for divorce,but its clear "water don pass garri" for this case. This kind wife can put somethin in her abuna,n when u nack,u fit swear wit ur life se nothin tastes lik it,n before u realize it,until u've grown grey hair u wont know u've been married to a devil.So @poster,i advice u tell ur friend to run/divorce her or even fake his death so the babe go free am,else hmmm hmmm hmmm
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Ben13: 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2009
hmmmm conti. , . .
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 11, 2009
A stitch in time saves nine
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by SamMilla1(m): 3:27pm On Mar 11, 2009
Looks like she comes from the state between ONDO and DELTA.

Its a common charater among some of them.

My advice is since he is not happy with the marriage,
even if all he said up there were lies and fabricated
(which as a matter of fact means he is not happy with the marriage),
he should just file for legal divorce and cancel out the damn marriage
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by ijleke(f): 3:28pm On Mar 11, 2009
Before marriage this dude saw all these signs and still went ahead nawa o, @poster my dear let him RUN 40/40,
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by codedguy1(m): 3:35pm On Mar 11, 2009
tiniyata:

A stitch in time saves nine

More like ninety. . . . . . . .
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by ebelegirl(f): 3:41pm On Mar 11, 2009
Sam Milla:

Looks like she comes from the state between ONDO and DELTA.

Its a common charater among some of them.

My advice is since he is not happy with the marriage,
even if all he said up there were lies and fabricated
(which as a matter of fact means he is not happy with the marriage),
he should just file for legal divorce and cancel out the damn marriage

Your comment about Ondo and Delta makes you sound so dumb. *SMH*
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by otokx(m): 3:42pm On Mar 11, 2009
The man is reaping what he had sown and that babe is not going to give him any divorce.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by tpia: 3:49pm On Mar 11, 2009
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by cabali(m): 3:51pm On Mar 11, 2009
He had the signs and he still went along. He must stay in that marriage. No space for divorce. he must live with it
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by dae(f): 3:52pm On Mar 11, 2009
I agree with chikito1 --- "If this story is true" Looks more like a movie to me (Horror movie). Well, There's really not much you can do. But i'd like you to know one thing. Dont underestimate that lady, she does not sound like a "normal everyday woman" --- She sripped and swore for the guy, she must have some skeleton in her closet, not insinuating anything oooo. That dude must be very prayerful cos apperently he is SO TRAPPED right now.

Hmmm, what i am about to say might sound so mean, but hey! just my opinion. If i were the guy, i'd talk to someone to kind of "seduce her" and pretty much plan to ask her out, u know lure her with money and everything, then your friend will just act like he knows nothing and go to wherever they(his wife and friend) are and  get so mad, u know, accuse her of cheating! at least with this he can have mouth and tell people that someone called him and said they saw a dude and his wife go into somewhere, even her wont have mouth and would not dispute the divorce  grin

So there it is, Goodluck wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

82-Year-Old Woman Missing In Lagos (Photos) / Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? / True Confession: I Caught My Uncle’s Wife Having Sex With The Gateman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.