Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,082 members, 7,953,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:48 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (992862 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Defaramade(m): 6:49am On Jan 22, 2013
Guys pls wey tecno office dey 4 abeokuta? Or wia a fit repair my tecno n3 4 abeokuta?pls help me guys
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by efewhoa: 6:52am On Jan 22, 2013
Good morning guys. can you all please share tips on how to make battery life on an android device last longer.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by odume10: 7:43am On Jan 22, 2013
pls i rooted my galaxy s2 through this forum, someone help with how to update d firmware from android 2.3.4 to the latest official firmware.its SGH-i777.
thanx .
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:38am On Jan 22, 2013
odume10: pls i rooted my galaxy s2 through this forum, someone help with how to update d firmware from android 2.3.4 to the latest official firmware.its SGH-i777.
thanx .

ANSWER

malikalhaj:
Download and install Samsung kies on your system, plug your phone and check for update.

you have to unroot or flash the stock GB you had on it before.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewizard1: 9:23am On Jan 22, 2013
soft-touch:
JerryBean (Andriod 4.1.2)on HTC Desire.

thats the rom i use on my desire s. good!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 9:58am On Jan 22, 2013
nastydamus:
I'll believe, only when I see a link for the app (and I don't mean the one on play store which I've already seen)... grin.
I for no mind o.
I don find am tire sef, no luck grin
The SkySports channel on the free version doesn't stream content but the others do a good job. Here's a screenshot of another app i got for free cheesy wink

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 10:15am On Jan 22, 2013
More..BBC wink

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 22, 2013
efewhoa: Good morning guys. can you all please share tips on how to make battery life on an android device last longer.

read ~~~~> https://www.nairaland.com/1168479/mobile-
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:42am On Jan 22, 2013
KazeKage1: More..BBC wink

shine shine bobo

star boy. ogidiga himself.

na u dey reign oooooo.. ... cheesy cheesy cheesy

u for try involve your boy for the cabal naw, oluwa frowns against chopping alone

i cannot believe the thieves that wrote this app are trying to sell links to streams for $10. haba. streams that they are not the ones who own.
get wireshark on the damn network when running it and locate the URLs. last last they will be RTSP

and google even permits these apps on the market when clearly they are used for piracy!! smh

meanwhile, XBMC and a few quality video plugins is quite on point too
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by odume10: 2:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
4llerbuntu:

ANSWER

you have to unroot or flash the stock GB you had on it before.
pls how do i unroot? it was here i learnt how to root easily .
pls guide thru this.
thanx.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 2:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
odume10:
pls how do i unroot? it was here i learnt how to root easily .
pls guide thru this.
thanx.

...cos you want to update.....dats y u want to unroot.
Pls....go to XDA and flash any correct JellyBean ROM you see there.

That is the reason you rooted.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by odume10: 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
puskin:

bro ..i wld really appreciate a workable link XDA cos while tryin root i had to download too many software that cld nt help until i a link from here that helped.can we chat on whatsapp ? 08085519117.
thanx.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Moyokic(m): 4:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
pls guyz,What is the best tarrif for my android phone,samsung galaxy ace duos.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
puskin:

if u noticed, i directed him to official KIES update.

me don't want flashing palava. its very tiresome having to guide these flashing sessions.

as to how to unroot, search XDA for the STOCK KERNEL for your phone. flash it with ODIN
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 5:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
4llerbuntu:

if u noticed, i directed him to official KIES update.

me don't want flashing palava. its very tiresome having to guide these flashing sessions.

as to how to unroot, search XDA for the STOCK KERNEL for your phone. flash it with ODIN

lol......don't be tired yet oooh. grin

But seriously....you dey try.....going to XDA and doing the research on behalf of someone....huh.....doing research for my own problems alone gives me headache @times.
I guess dats why you are the Ashipa. grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 6:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
4llerbuntu:

u cannot do advanced restore from cyanogenmod to stock.

I have done advance restore already n d fone comes on but doesnt boot
Any suggestions pls
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 7:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
i can confidently tell you that you can play street fighter 4 and need for speed on an MK808 using droidmote server and client. Also, if your tv is a 3D tv or you have those funny coloured glasses, try them out on the MK808
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by odume10: 7:15pm On Jan 22, 2013
@ 4llerbuntu dnt b tired ooo ....actually u guys are doing a nice here, my problem wit XDA is d way issues are explained, like said earlier i too many heavy file while wanting root .
pls is it possible to unroot ,update firmware thru skies then root again?
thanx once again.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 9:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
guys PLS help me o. I did advance restore of my stock ginger bread rom on cm9 using d cwm recovery now d fone comes on n wen its to show d splash s2 logo d screen goes black like wen d fone is off but it is actuall on cus d backlite of two soft keys bside d home key comes on.

I've searched everywhere no result n in ore here it cannot n i was adviced to take it lag.

Pls i just want to knw wat d problem - (bootloop or soft brick) of d fone is n possibly soltution
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 10:15pm On Jan 22, 2013
mhozzis: guys PLS help me o. I did advance restore of my stock ginger bread rom on cm9 using d cwm recovery now d fone comes on n wen its to show d splash s2 logo d screen goes black like wen d fone is off but it is actuall on cus d backlite of two soft keys bside d home key comes on.

I've searched everywhere no result n in ore here it cannot n i was adviced to take it lag.

Pls i just want to knw wat d problem - (bootloop or soft brick) of d fone is n possibly soltution
Can u at least get into recovery?? If you can, just do an full wipe, also wipe dalvik , hopefully it should work but if it doesn't, all you need to do is download stock ROM and flash with odin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by venorite(m): 12:03am On Jan 23, 2013
Pls anybody here can help me with ram expander.its a paid app and I don't have a way to buy it..venorite@gmail.com....really appreciate
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 6:13am On Jan 23, 2013
malikalhaj:
Can u at least get into recovery?? If you can, just do an full wipe, also wipe dalvik , hopefully it should work but if it doesn't, all you need to do is download stock ROM and flash with odin
thansk. nope d screen goes dead too wen i try to get into recovery.
Can i flash wit odin witout my fone in download mode?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:07am On Jan 23, 2013
mhozzis: I have done advance restore already n d fone comes on but doesnt boot
Any suggestions pls

do u still need an answer?

maybe someone else should help me explain this better

i already told u u CANNOT BDO ADVANCED RESTORE FROM CM TO STOCK.

u said u already did it and its not working. u cant read? shebi u went ahead to do it? ehn what again?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 8:11am On Jan 23, 2013
4llerbuntu:

do u still need an answer?

maybe someone else should help me explain this better

i already told u u CANNOT BDO ADVANCED RESTORE FROM CM TO STOCK.

u said u already did it and its not working. u cant read? shebi u went ahead to do it? ehn what again?
4ller no vex for me na. I don do am tete before i post dat question. Dats y i nid help now, guess i shuld av asked b4 doin it.
Help d prodigal son pls
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:14am On Jan 23, 2013
mhozzis: guys PLS help me o. I did advance restore of my stock ginger bread rom on cm9 using d cwm recovery now d fone comes on n wen its to show d splash s2 logo d screen goes black like wen d fone is off but it is actuall on cus d backlite of two soft keys bside d home key comes on.

mhozzis: thansk. nope d screen goes dead too wen i try to get into recovery.

mhozzis: thansk. nope d screen goes dead too wen i try to get into recovery.

SMH.
HOLD volume UP, power and Home buttons and DO NOT RELEASE IT TILL IT BOOTS INTO RECOVERY.

if u hold it for like 2 minutes and it does not let me know
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:29am On Jan 23, 2013
odume10: @ 4llerbuntu dnt b tired ooo ....actually u guys are doing a nice here, my problem wit XDA is d way issues are explained, like said earlier i too many heavy file while wanting root .
pls is it possible to unroot ,update firmware thru skies then root again?
thanx once again.

yes it is

There are three ways to do this update.

1. you use ODIN to flash the stock GINGERBREAD rom.

you boot it. then shutdown.

you then reboot. plug the phone into the PC with KIES and search for update

2. you flash the stock kernel with ODIN or CWM if the version you got is CWM (recovery) flashable.

then you boot the phone. and plug into KIES and search

the reason for this two steps is that when u want to do an update, samsung checks your kernel for any signs of tampering i..e Root.
if its there, it wont allow you to update. (this is right because custom kernels usually have changes in them that samsung did do and may cause issues with the update)

3. You simply get the ODIN FLASHABLE VERSION OF THE STOCK ROM YOU WANT TO UPDATE TO AND FLASH WITH ODIN.

this is a FULL STOCK ROM in .tar format. u flash with ODIN

this is possible only when the manufacturer has actually released the stock version of the ROM version you want

where the stock rom is not yet available, but you have CUSTOM ROMS
you may also download the custom ROM, and A KERNEL THAT IS COMPATIBLE with that ROM.

you flash the kernel, reboot RECOVERY (not back into the phone o) or just remove the battery and put it back

the boot into recovery again, DO A FULL WIPE OF ALL THE PARTITIONS ON THE PHONE.

i.e. u go to mounts and storage and format /system, /data, /cache AT LEAST TWICE

the flash the CUSTOM ROM.

thats all.

so the choice is yours
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:31am On Jan 23, 2013
whose post is hidden?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 8:40am On Jan 23, 2013
4llerbuntu:

SMH.
HOLD volume UP, power and Home buttons and DO NOT RELEASE IT TILL IT BOOTS INTO RECOVERY.

if u hold it for like 2 minutes and it does not let me know
tanks boss am at work now wil do it wen i get home n give u feed back
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by venorite(m): 9:04am On Jan 23, 2013
4llerbuntu: whose post is hidden?
Pls where can I get ram expander for my android phone.its a paid app and I will be grateful to anyone that can provide I for me
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:36am On Jan 23, 2013
venorite:
Pls where can I get ram expander for my android phone.its a paid app and I will be grateful to anyone that can provide I for me

IM very sure i posted a link for someborry on NL last week. check the thread a few pages back
i believe i also posted how to get it to work (remove the license verification)

please search and dont be lazy wink wink wink
not that im especially proud to be doing that grin grin grin

note that most likely it may not work on a stock kernel. the kernel ur on needs to have swap flag on.
most stock kernels i know don't......

and No i don't know which kernel you may use...... i don't use your phone. i'm just stating the obvious before you come back to accuse me of killing your cat

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.