Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (55322 Views)

Sweden To Become A Third World Country By 2030, According To UN / Can Nigeria Ever Be A First World Country? / Is Nigeria A Developing Nation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by OldGlory1(m): 7:56pm On Apr 07, 2006
@Toshmann

That was quiet funny. I understand where your sentiments are, Nigeria can be a very frustrating place and you want to hope for the best many times, but the country has this depressing vibe about it. Especially if you are outside looking in. I feel your pain, and wish there is something we could do to change the image of that country. But the term "Third world/Underdeveloped" I think is appropriate for now.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by seeker(m): 6:39pm On Apr 11, 2006
Talk about the state of Nigeria simply gives me a migraine, not to mention aggravates my ulcers. Anyway, I hope you guys are pissed enough to try and make a difference.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by OldGlory1(m): 8:25pm On Apr 11, 2006
Seeker

We are pissed, but i am not how to make a difference. What do u suggest?
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Reverend(m): 8:48pm On Apr 11, 2006
Corruption, laziness and apathy are so inherent that it will take some miracle of epic proportions to drag Nigeria out of it's decline.

Those few rich, greedy, corrupt fat cats such as President Olusegun Obasanjo and the rest of the Nigerian Senate should be put on trial immediately and imprisoned.

The oil revenues should be used to fund a five year plan to bring Nigeria into the 21st Century by building a modern infrastructure and improving the lives of Nigeria impoverished people.

Corruption has to be completely stamped out. The lazy criminal elements that sit in internet cafes all day sending 419 letters have to be dealt with severely. Nigeria has to be seen as taking drastic steps by the rest of the World to clean itself up.

This will need a strong leader and plenty of determination. I hope for all your sakes that this will happen very soon sad
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by toshmann(m): 11:50pm On Apr 11, 2006
that is a herculean task. who will clear the augean stable?

who will deliver nigeria?
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by stanech: 7:36pm On May 03, 2007
toshmann:

that is a herculean task. who will clear the augean stable?

who will deliver nigeria?

VOTE STANECH FOR PRESIDENT 2011
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by festacson(m): 11:36pm On May 03, 2007
if it were in America or europe that they had massive rigging and total unaccountability in most posts believe me a machine would be built to rectify dat. America and europe police and other law enforcements have containment procedures like if u seem too difficult then the swat comes in and if u'r still stubborn the national guard comes in. All these stuffs, Nigerians know. We also know dat our leaders are eating our money but decided to stay calm; we also know dat we like western things like cars, trains, planes etc but have decided not to try manufacturing but to import everything including second hand pants; We know dat anyone who should have the first 50top posts in the country should be educated with a degree but we have decided to let any person rule and lead where fit; We know dat TOO much traditional rulers bring ethnicity awareness but we have decided to say Britain is doing it, as if before u build a house u have to pay the local government then traditional ruler and these 'r just a few people u have to pay, my thing is we should choose one traditional ruler for every language dat exists today or an elected local government officals; We don't have a secured and reliable citizens identity cards or proof but we decided that it be dat way; We would rather inflate our products than make it for the masses; We would rather do juju to kill than do juju to progress our nation; We also know dat we don't have to be yankee or jand to progress but we have decided to be excuse makers; Basically, we are a developing nation dat has d potential and capacity to be developed but our individuals be it in d government house, school, hospital, security, agriculture, etc is d same greed and power hunger so dat they will be called Oga. Oshi Olorin buruku.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Habitat: 4:00pm On May 16, 2007
Nigeria ceased from being DEV. CO. since 1984 and was overtaken by its counterpart countries, i.e Brazil and some far eastern nations.

Lately, since the inception of OBJ, I should think the Naija is reclaiming the lost glory
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Emad(f): 6:35pm On Sep 24, 2007
@ topic grin

Make the roads in Abuja no fool wona
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by ckz: 12:01pm On Feb 27, 2008
i Dont think nigiria is a third world country it is a developing country ba the reason why they say that it is a third world country is because of the on ecual devision of money for instance you have extremly poor people poor people people with a normal income rich people and people that are so rich that they dont know what to do with the money and that is a problem of the whole of africa. Ba it is not only africa south america is the same and north america too you also have very poor people there
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by willy4: 3:35pm On Feb 27, 2008
ckz:

i Dont think nigiria is a third world country it is a developing country
Somalia and Nigeria are the only 4th world country.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Ifygurl: 7:09am On Aug 18, 2008
willy*2:

Somalia and Nigeria are the only 4th world country.

It's kind of Sad that Nigerians doesn't even know what their country is.
Nigeria is a DEVELOPING country.

I had to do a school paper on Nigeria.

It's a DEVELOPING country.

Nigerians LEARN about YOUR OWN country Abi now.

Nigeria was never part of it.

Again People LEARN ABOUT YOUR OWN COUNTRY.

Somali along with others is a 4th world country.

Again i'm going to say this for all Nigerians and Foreigners.

Our government is greedy, corrupt and bleeped up.

But our country is A DEVELOPING COUNTRY.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 18, 2008
Ifygurl:

It's kind of Sad that Nigerians doesn't even know what their country is.
Nigeria is a DEVELOPING country.

I had to do a school paper on Nigeria.

It's a DEVELOPING country.

Nigerians LEARN about YOUR OWN country Abi now.

Nigeria was never part of it.

Again People LEARN ABOUT YOUR OWN COUNTRY.

Somali along with others is a 4th world country.

Again i'm going to say this for all Nigerians and Foreigners.

Our government is greedy, corrupt and bleeped up.

But our country is A DEVELOPING COUNTRY.

Stop living in fool's paradise; it doesnt help at the end of the day.
Are you trying to classify Nigeria, India and china in the same group(3rd world)?

Learn to face reality my friend.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Mpele(m): 1:32pm On Aug 18, 2008
I find the fact that other countries can come to a conclusion that others are third world and they are first world. What criteria was used to judge other countries. Who gave them the right or the go ahead to determine what is what. For instance I find it hard to believe that China can be labeled a developing country (so called third world) and a country like Italy be labeled a first world country. Italy has one of the most worn out infrastructure in the world, be it sporting infrustructure and buildings, their economy is not as big as the Chinese economy. With China I'm telling you that country's infrustructure is even better than what the Americans and the West have. The sporting infrustructure, the buildings in Shanghai and Beijing etc are top class. But hey! for the Europeans, China is third world. The crux of the matter is that countries like South Africa,Argentina, Mexico, Brazil, Malaysia, India,China, and to some extent Tunisia can no longer be classified as third world. Those who always come with terms to determine ones beign can simply call these countries second world.

When it comes to Nigeria, I think that the country have lots of potential, but I don't think it can be seen in the same light as countries like Zimbabwe, Somalia, Cameroon, Ivory Coast etc. I actually believe that Nigeria and Egypt can do better than what they're doing right now. I mean for god sake Nigeria is one of the biggest oil producing countries. Post apartheid South Africa don't have the luxury of producing oil, but at least we've made use of the gold, platinum and diamond that are mined in the country. Nigeria produces lots and lots of academics, I actually believe that Nigerians are actually the most educated people on the continent. Why is their country struggling. I personally think that the reason Nigeria is not economically strong is the fact that most of the educated Naijas leave the country for Britain and the US. Why go and grow economies that are already strong, why don't you stay home and help in making Nigeria the giant that it is. People will continue to look down or not take Nigeria serious if it continues to be a regional powerhouse rather than being a continental giant. Nigeria is supposed to be with South Africa in the top five developing nations. During the apartheid era South Africa was not as strong as it is right now. Yes I agree that the economy is still 70% in the white hands, but we have used that to our advantage. Today we're a global player with so much influence. South Africa is the only black country at the G8 + O5 Summit.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2008
When you have an economy that depends to a great deal on it’s people acquiring cell phones and subscribing to plans offered by the many communication companies down there, you know you have a third world country that could easily collapse if care is not taken. ROFLMAO!!

For information on the definition of the term "Third World" visit this page [your=http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/General/ThirdWorld_def.html]Third World[/url]

China is still a third world country due mainly to the country housing a huge number of the world's poor, to date. Even though it is one of the biggest economies today, it still houses the vast majority of the poor in the world today( well, I believe India is first and then china is second). No matter how much economic growth a country like china experiences, if the majority of the people remain poor, it can not be labelled anything other than a third world country). Same with Nigeria, we hear of 10% or thereabout GDP growth in the last 5 years or so, but the vast majority of the people remain poor. Does that then mean Nigeria is no longer a developing country?

By the way, Nigeria has ALWAYS had potential, that is a not a new discovery.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by gabelogan(m): 7:42pm On Aug 18, 2008
@ mpele

go and insightful piece but you just had to over emphasize your country, south africa didnt you?

it was unnecessary, we are talkin bout nigeria not RSA.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Tats(m): 11:07pm On Aug 18, 2008
Mpele:

I find the fact that other countries can come to a conclusion that others are third world and they are first world. What criteria was used to judge other countries. Who gave them the right or the go ahead to determine what is what. For instance I find it hard to believe that China can be labeled a developing country (so called third world) and a country like Italy be labeled a first world country. Italy has one of the most worn out infrastructure in the world, be it sporting infrustructure and buildings, their economy is not as big as the Chinese economy. With China I'm telling you that country's infrustructure is even better than what the Americans and the West have. The sporting infrustructure, the buildings in Shanghai and Beijing etc are top class. But hey! for the Europeans, China is third world. The crux of the matter is that countries like South Africa,Argentina, Mexico, Brazil, Malaysia, India,China, and to some extent Tunisia can no longer be classified as third world. Those who always come with terms to determine ones beign can simply call these countries second world.

You need to go to the chinese hinterlands and see poverty to try and compare Italy with China! It is not the gleaming buildings in beijing, Shanghai or Shenzhen that you will safely conclude that China is a fantastic country. Overall quality of live, GDP per capita and other more economic, social, political factors are what you should be looking at.

Nigeria to me is third world. Go to some othe countries like Brazil and see the difference between them and Nigeria. we are not even in the same class! However, there are still many things you will see or experience that make countries such as Brazil not to be in the same class as most of the European and north american countries.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Mpele(m): 7:30am On Aug 19, 2008
I had to use the example of South Africa because I live in South Africa. I can't determine whether Nigeria is a third world country or what as I've only been to Abuja. There is this notion that Europe is first world, is rich. The reality is that only Western Europe, Scandanavia and USA are actually the so called first world. I have been to Portugal and Italy, and what I realised is that just like America, the West always hide their poor and destitute, just like Brazil. The are so many poor people in Philadelphia and Texas. But we're only shown New York, LA, Chicago.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by YangaRat: 8:23am On Aug 19, 2008
Nigeria get as e be, but make we talk true o, na TENTH world country we dey so.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by otokx(m): 10:24am On Aug 19, 2008
we are not qualified to be in 3rd world country classifications not with the level of corruption and infrastructural destruction occurring everywhere.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by MrCrackles(m): 10:26am On Aug 19, 2008
Nigeria is none of the above!

Our own class get K-LEG! grin
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Kobojunkie: 12:04pm On Aug 19, 2008
Mpele:

I had to use the example of South Africa because I live in South Africa. I can't determine whether Nigeria is a third world country or what as I've only been to Abuja. There is this notion that Europe is first world, is rich. The reality is that only Western Europe, Scandanavia and USA are actually the so called first world. I have been to Portugal and Italy, and what I realised is that just like America, the West always hide their poor and destitute, just like Brazil. The are so many poor people in Philadelphia and Texas. But we're only shown New York, LA, Chicago.

Sure there are poor people everywhere but what has that to do with Nigeria being a third world nation? I am not sure if you have ever been to the west but your theory of the West hiding their poor is ridiculous as there are many on here who have never been to the west who will tell you of the many poor who live, even on the streets of newyork. Now, for you to compare the poor in the west to the poor in Brazil and other third world countries already show you do not understand anything of what it means to be poor but are just looking to post crap to claim a point is being made.

Please go do some research on what the term means please. A poor man living on the streets of Philadelphia can not be compared to a poor man living on the streets of Lagos. If you have not figured that out by now, then may I suggest that you do your homework.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by udezue(m): 12:08pm On Aug 19, 2008
Let's be honest Nigeria is 3rd world developing country.
No need for all that sentiments. Swallow da pill.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Mpele(m): 12:49pm On Aug 19, 2008
Kolombunje or whatever you call yourself. For the record I,ve been to the US more than 20 times. Just because you're there you think that you know everything about the west. You're the one who should go and do your research before you post shit. Anyway who do you think you're, a proffesor of knowledge. Learn some manners big boy! There are polite ways to correct someone. I think that you're one those Africans who are on a daily basis being dicriminated against and being told to go back home to the jungle(Africa). YOU MUST LEARN SOME MANNERS.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Kobojunkie: 4:08pm On Aug 19, 2008
I am sorry? You, having been to the USA means you know what it means to be poor in the USA? lol, Please, I have lived poor for years in the USA and the cities you mentioned happen to have been cities I have lived in myself. You claim of the USA hiding the fact that there exists poor people even here is as bogus as your claim that you have been to the USA 20 times meaning you know a lot of the West. Anyone who has even spent time monitoring elections in the USA would know that the west does not hide the fact that there are some poor among the population. In fact, pick up a western movie and you see many of these poor people being portrayed in movies. Why you decided to insert that bogus claim in here escapes me. Worse comparing the fate of the poor in the USA to that of poor people in these so called Third World countries show you have little clue what it means to be poor or the actual state of these people’s existence. I spent years in America on the poor list and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that it is nothing like being poor in a third world country. Tap dancing around the fact that third world countries have huge numbers of poor people compared to the countries labeled first world, goes to tell that you may not actually have a complete grasp of the topic or the question here. That is why I urge you to do some research instead of coming in to spout such trash.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Ifygurl: 9:33am On Aug 20, 2008
nuzo:

Stop living in fool's paradise; it doesnt help at the end of the day.
Are you trying to classify Nigeria, India and china in the same group(3rd world)?

Learn to face reality my friend.

I hate when dumb people try to act smart.

There are 33 fourth world countries in Africa and they are  Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, and  Zambia.

Two countries were taking out of the 4th world countries and put in another catergory and that's Botswana and Cape Verde.

Like i said before NIGERIA WAS NEVER IN THAT LIST.

Ever since Abacha died, Nigeria economy is growing each year.
Right now Nigeria has the highest growing in Africa(We used to be 2nd growing economy in Africa right behind South Africa then Xenophobia started and their economy started falling).
Nigeria has the HIGHEST growing Economy in Africa and also ONE of the highest growing economy in the World(well for now, lets just hope it doesn't drop).
Nigeria economy growth rate is now 6.8%.

Yea it's true, Obasanjo stole millions of money from Nigeria. I always taught he didn't do anything for nigeria when he was president.
Until i started Researching about Nigeria that i learnt our economy started increasing during his time as president and Yaradua kept it growing more.
But i have to tell ya'll.
If it wasn't for "Soludo" Our economy wouldn't be increasing each year.  That man has been doing all the job ever since he took over Nigerian Banks.

But Nigeria still has the one of highest Unemployment rate in Africa(Sad isn't it).

Nigeria GDP ranks 49 out 190 nations since 2008
In 2007 it was 173 out of 190 nations(To me, that's a huge Jump).
Nigeria GDP is said to reach $216.4billion in 2008(Let's hope to God, Nigerians sees those money)
N-way in 2007 Nigeria GDP was $166billion

Nigeria is also ranks No. 35 with a 6.8 percent in terms of growth rate.

Other countries have joined to help Yaradua reach that one of the Top 20 countries in the year of 2010 goal of his.
One country i can remeber right now is Thiliand(Lets just hope they joined to help Nigeria,  and Not to Use Nigeria) (Let's just pray for that).

According to UN, Africa economy is increasing and Nigeria and South Africa are the one's leading the increase.

But one thing i also learned was some parts of Nigeria is living as a third-world country especially those living in the Northern part of Nigeria and Niger-delta

Oh yeah one more thing
Nigeria is also listed among the "Next Eleven" economies(Egypt and Nigeria are the only African countries in that list).

And also ever since Xenophobia started in South Africa.  Nigeria, Ghana, and other African countries has been receiving investments from countries and companies who wanted in invest in South Africa but decided not to(Nigeria and Ghana seems to receive the most).
Nigeria also has been hosting some events South Africa was suppose to do(For example: Noami campbell Africa rising festival)

Nigeria was also places in the league of eight sub-Saharan African countries, heading towards emerging market status.
Alot of countries and people has been investing in Nigeria and according to International Monetary Fund (IMF), Nigeria also has some potential investors.

According to IMF,  Nigeria is now put as a "frontier emerging market"
That doesn't mean out market is great and strong, it just means we are moving forward to it.

Nigeria has been getting alot of money and investments, let just hope to God that Nigerian people and Nigeria(ourcountry) actually see those money(Let's hope to God that our policitians don't steal all of those from us).

That's why Nigeria is labeled in a developing/underdeveloped country
Nigeria is in both list.
But according to the UN, Nigeria is developing.
But we are still in both list.

Nuzo,
Next time, don't fight with a girl that recently just finished researching alot about that country and about Africa also.
Too much of it, is still in my head.

P.S: The above may sound like everything in Nigeria is all Good.
No ya'll.  We still have ALOT of works to do

For example: Nigeria umployment rate is too high.
Our Health Care is bad
and our Education is Bad.

We still have ALOT and i mean ALOT of work to do(Let's hope our government gets on it too).
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Ifygurl: 10:06am On Aug 20, 2008
Mpele:

Kolombunje or whatever you call yourself. For the record I,ve been to the US more than 20 times. Just because you're there you think that you know everything about the west. You're the one who should go and do your research before you post shit. Anyway who do you think you're, a proffesor of knowledge. Learn some manners big boy! There are polite ways to correct someone. I think that you're one those Africans who are on a daily basis being dicriminated against and being told to go back home to the jungle(Africa). YOU MUST LEARN SOME MANNERS.

Mbele don't mind Kobojunkie.

He just love the west so fucking much.
He doesn't think the US does anything wrong.
It's a waste of time.
I do agree America hides their corruption and poverty even people of America says that but according to Kobojunkie, they are not doing that.
I believe the people of America rather than Kobojunkie.
So don't mind him, you'll only be wasting your time arguing with him.
E be say, he dey Craze

And i do agree with You. Nigerians needs to start going back to Nigeria to help.
Everyone of them is complaining but they are not doing Anything about it.
When i learned about Government in Class.
I learned Nigeria really doesn't know much about how government works.

For example: I learnt that schools are created by Governors, not Presidents.
The only difference is the president Sponsor them(For example: The Anambra governor is opening up new medical schools in Anambra) and according to what i heard Anambra governor seems to be the only decent governor in Nigeria
Other Governor are waiting for the president to do what's suppose to be their jobs.

Another thing i learnt in Government was Governor are the one's who brings investment in their state
And the president brings investment for the country.

Nigeria governors are not even trying to bring investment in the state they govern(I don't even know what the hell they doing)(Hell they may even steal everything).

Nigeria uses United States way of government and yet we are not even doing what the constitution and bill of right and all that bull says.

I'm not going to Lie, Nigerians aboard sickens me.
I'm Nigerian and i live in the USA but i'm here for my education and i'm still a student.
When i'm done with everything and i get my medical degree. I'm moving back Nigeria to help as many people as i can.
I told myself i'll open up a free clinic(which we really need in Nigeria) and also i'll teach people what i learnt when i was in America.
Even if i die poor doing it. I don't care as long as i help my people.

Nigeria health care is so bad and yet we have millions of doctors in America, Canada, and UK that's from Nigeria.
I mean seriously, it shouldn't be like that.

And again No offense, but i've dealth with many South Africans; you all really don't know anything about Nigeria, At all.
Again No offense.
Based from all the comments i've been reading from South Africans. You all really don't know anything about Nigeria or any other African country
Again No offense.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by TheSly: 10:45am On Aug 20, 2008
Ifygurl:

Ever since Abacha died, Nigeria economy is growing each year.
Right now Nigeria has the highest growing in Africa(We used to be 2nd growing economy in Africa right behind South Africa then Xenophobia started and their economy started falling).
Nigeria has the HIGHEST growing Economy in Africa and also ONE of the highest growing economy in the World(well for now, lets just hope it doesn't drop).
Do not deceive yourself with all this absurd assumptions!
Highest growing economy?? where

Ifygurl:

Yea it's true, Obasanjo stole millions of money from Nigeria. I always taught he didn't do anything for nigeria when he was president.
Until i started Researching about Nigeria that i learnt our economy started increasing during his time as president and Yaradua kept it growing more.
I am dead!!
What did Obasanjo do for Nigeria??
8 years is power. . . .No stable electricity?? No good roads?? and u tell me he did something??
Of what fucking use is a growing economy when more than HALF of Nigeria's population are extremely poor??

Ifygurl:

Nigeria GDP ranks 49 out 190 nations since 2008
In 2007 it was 173 out of 190 nations(To me, that's a huge Jump).
Nigeria GDP is said to reach $216.4billion in 2008(Let's hope to God, Nigerians sees those money)
N-way in 2007 Nigeria GDP was $166billion
All these figures you're pasting here are owned by approx %5 of Nigeria's populace.

Ifygurl:

Nigeria is also ranks No. 35 with a 6.8 percent in terms of growth rate.

Other countries have joined to help Yaradua reach that one of the Top 20 countries in the year of 2010 goal of his.
Oh Oh Madame researcher!!
2010 is just 2years to come. . . . . . .are u sure you're not dreaming?? grin
Dont be fooled by all that vision 4100 nonsense. . . . .OBJ said the same and what do we have now??

Ifygurl:

But one thing i also learned was some parts of Nigeria is living as a third-world country especially those living in the Northern part of Nigeria and Niger-delta
Some part is an understatement. . . . . . .MOST. . . . . MANY parts of Nigeria.

Ifygurl:

Nigeria has been getting alot of money and investments, let just hope to God that Nigerian people and Nigeria(ourcountry) actually see those money(Let's hope to God that our policitians don't steal all of those from us).
And whose pocket are most of these monies going into?
With all these money and everything. . . . . .Poverty rate is increasing by the day, What does that tells you??

Its an euphemistic description to Put Nigeria into the list of developing countries!
Yesterday, YOUR president's mother's house was rubbed??. . . .
A whole President and u dare call Nigeria a developing country? grin
Madame. . . . . . You are indeed a good researcher. grin
Nigeria is ever worse than a 3rd world country because some countries in your supposed 3rd world countries still enjoys 24hours electricity.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Kobojunkie: 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2008
Ifygurl:

Mbele don't mind Kobojunkie.

He just love the west so fucking much.
He doesn't think the US does anything wrong.
It's a waste of time.
I do agree America hides their corruption and poverty even people of America says that but according to Kobojunkie, they are not doing that.
I believe the people of America rather than Kobojunkie.
So don't mind him, you'll only be wasting your time arguing with him.
E be say, he dey Craze

And i do agree with You. Nigerians needs to start going back to Nigeria to help.
Everyone of them is complaining but they are not doing Anything about it.
When i learned about Government in Class.
I learned Nigeria really doesn't know much about how government works.

For example: I learnt that schools are created by Governors, not Presidents.
The only difference is the president Sponsor them(For example: The Anambra governor is opening up new medical schools in Anambra) and according to what i heard Anambra governor seems to be the only decent governor in Nigeria
Other Governor are waiting for the president to do what's suppose to be their jobs.

Another thing i learnt in Government was Governor are the one's who brings investment in their state
And the president brings investment for the country.

Nigeria governors are not even trying to bring investment in the state they govern(I don't even know what the hell they doing)(Hell they may even steal everything).

Nigeria uses United States way of government and yet we are not even doing what the constitution and bill of right and all that bull says.

I'm not going to Lie, Nigerians aboard sickens me.
I'm Nigerian and i live in the USA but i'm here for my education and i'm still a student.
When i'm done with everything and i get my medical degree. I'm moving back Nigeria to help as many people as i can.
I told myself i'll open up a free clinic(which we really need in Nigeria) and also i'll teach people what i learnt when i was in America.
Even if i die poor doing it. I don't care as long as i help my people.

Nigeria health care is so bad and yet we have millions of doctors in America, Canada, and UK that's from Nigeria.
I mean seriously, it shouldn't be like that.

And again No offense, but i've dealth with many South Africans; you all really don't know anything about Nigeria, At all.
Again No offense.
Based from all the comments i've been reading from South Africans. You all really don't know anything about Nigeria or any other African country
Again No offense.

Well, it is always better to continue living in your mini wonderworld out there than look at the facts around you. 75 million living miserable around you and instead you are more focused on condemning the west any which way you can so you can sleep better with yourself. GoOD !! Heck, maybe if you tell them of the so called conspiracies in the west, there life will suddenly get better, right?? MOre grease to your elbow there !!
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Ifygurl: 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2008
The Sly:

Do not deceive yourself with all this absurd assumptions!
Highest growing economy?? where
I am dead!!
What did Obasanjo do for Nigeria??
8 years is power. . . .No stable electricity?? No good roads?? and u tell me he did something??
Of what fucking use is a growing economy when more than HALF of Nigeria's population are extremely poor??
All these figures you're pasting here are owned by approx %5 of Nigeria's populace.

Oh Oh Madame researcher!!
2010 is just 2years to come. . . . . . .are u sure you're not dreaming?? grin
Dont be fooled by all that vision 4100 nonsense. . . . .OBJ said the same and what do we have now??

Some part is an understatement. . . . . . .MOST. . . . . MANY parts of Nigeria.
And whose pocket are most of these monies going into?
With all these money and everything. . . . . .Poverty rate is increasing by the day, What does that tells you??

Its an euphemistic description to Put Nigeria into the list of developing countries!
Yesterday, YOUR president's mother's house was rubbed??. . . .
A whole President and u dare call Nigeria a developing country? grin
Madame. . . . . . You are indeed a good researcher. grin
Nigeria is ever worse than a 3rd world country because some countries in your supposed 3rd world countries still enjoys 24hours electricity.

Stupid Bitch

Here are the links

Do the research by yourselves
http://allafrica.com/stories/200806260715.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Eleven
http://www.afrol.com/articles/12782
http://allafrica.com/stories/200807011055.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Least_Developed_Countries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nbAUR1mRWw
http://allafrica.com/stories/200808200079.html
http://allafrica.com/stories/200808180298.html
http://allafrica.com/stories/200808110731.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developing_country

There are more but i'm tired so you've have to find them yourself mr,  Genius.
Abi, Azikiwe.
Abi, Einstein.
Smartest man alive

Mr.Genius DO RESEARCH by yourself okay.

Oh yea,i seriously Now i know why many africans can't stand Nigerians
You people are SOOOOOOOO Annoying.
I don't care if i'm Nigerians.
I'll say this. Nigerians, you guys are the MOST annoying people in the world right after South Africans, Somalians and Americans.
If i wasn't Nigerian, lord knowns i would hate us(based on the comments i read in this website and youtube).
Most Annoying people in the world, not even the world, the universe

Mr.Genius
Do the research by yourselves.
I'm not your teacher.
Abi, you see the link right.
Now Reasearch.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Ifygurl: 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Well, it is always better to continue living in your mini wonderworld out there than look at the facts around you. millions are living miserable around you and instead you are more focused on condemning the west any which way you can so you can sleep better with yourself. GoOD !! MOre grease to your elbow there !!

Condemning the West
I rather Condemn them than Kiss their Ass.

Mr. Join the Western military.
Help save the world (Abi) Isn't that what they are doing?
Help kill millions of Iraqians in your process of SAVING the world.
Help kill millions of Africans in your process of Saving the world.
Okay. Good.

Hell i would even send Bush to your home so you can personal "kiss that man ass" kiss.

After all , West don't do any wrong.
After all,  Bush don't do any wrong. grin
Hmmmm, men.
Your the first i've heard said that.

But i guess your a huge example of "i don't even know what to call you".

Oh like i said Waste of time talking to you.
Whatever you e-mail. I'm going to Ignore.

Love America abi.
Good for you.
For me, I love Canada(Best country in the world).
Nicest people in this whole fucking world.
Can't wait till i move to that country

N-way byebye.
America sure loves you.
And so does Bush.
Hope you don't get harassed my the cops one day.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And for America conspriacy

How about Discrimination

How about getting killed by the cops and the people that killed you gets away with it because they are what? That's right Cops.
Isn't that what happened to that senegalese guy and that African-American.

Or what about the shit that happened to me and my bestfriend
We sure as hell got arrested in Middle of the Night for sleeping in MY OWN CAR
It wasn't until DMV checked out that the car original belongs to me. We was released and they started apologizing(just because all my papers wasn't in my name but my mothers).
We have the same last name, it's not like we have different names.
Hell, I even called my mother for her to explain that all the papers are in her name.
But yet, i was arrested for sleeping in a car that's was mine.
They claimed that some guy called them and told them two girls were trying to break into a car.
How the Bleep was me and my bestfriend trying to break into a car, when we were just sleeping.
I mean seriously i didn't even get out of the car, all we did was packed it.
I was driving from Virginia to Newyork.
And we parked so we can rest for a minute before we start driving again.
And i got arrested for sleeping in my own car,
if that's not fucking conspriacy.
I wanna know what the hell it is?
Cause that shit wasn't even suppose to happen(i had all my papers and my goddamned driver license)
And i still had to go downtown and wait in a freaking cell until DMV opened up again.
I swear don't these police officers have everything written down in some computer;
why the hell did me and my bestfriend had to stay in a goddamned prison with a group of fucking convicts(That's scaried the hell out of us) for godddamned 7 hours waiting for DMV to approve that my OWN car belongs to me.
Seriously, if my mother gave them her driver license number.
Wasn't that suppose to prove that everything was registered in her name?
If that's not conspiracy.
If that's not discrimination by the cops.
I wanna know what it is?
I wanna know why we got locked up for sleeping.
I mean seriously, i wanna know why we stayed in jail with a group of scary ass kids for sleeping in my own car?
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by TheSly: 12:44pm On Aug 20, 2008
Ifygurl:

Stupid Bitch

Here are the links

Do the research by yourselves
http://allafrica.com/stories/200806260715.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Eleven
http://www.afrol.com/articles/12782
http://allafrica.com/stories/200807011055.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Least_Developed_Countries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nbAUR1mRWw
http://allafrica.com/stories/200808200079.html
http://allafrica.com/stories/200808180298.html
http://allafrica.com/stories/200808110731.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developing_country

There are more but i'm tired so you've have to find them yourself mr, Genius.
Abi, Azikiwe.
Abi, Einstein.
Smartest man alive

Mr.Genius DO RESEARCH by yourself okay.

Oh yea,i seriously Now i know why many africans can't stand Nigerians
You people are SOOOOOOOO Annoying.
I don't care if i'm Nigerians.
I'll say this. Nigerians, you guys are the MOST annoying people in the world right after South Africans, Somalians and Americans.
If i wasn't Nigerian, lord knowns i would hate us(based on the comments i read in this website and youtube).
Most Annoying people in the world, not even the world, the universe

Mr.Genius
Do the research by yourselves.
I'm not your teacher.
Abi, you see the link right.
Now Reasearch.
Same old BS links that has nothing to put on ground at the end of the day!
I posted some facts only for you to return with appaling loads of links
The same links which stated that Nigerians were the happiest people on earth!!!!
The same bloody links where u got your Vision 20[b]10[/b]?? undecided

I don't need to study some useless links about Nigeria to know what is going on
I have SEEN whats going on in Nigeria so i don't need any irrelevant links to make my point.

Mrs researcher, Your ignorance has inclined to an all time high
Arguing with you makes no sense to me. . . . . .
It seems all i have been saying are going into your head through your left ear and coming out through the right one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Six Campaign Promises Buhari Will Never Fulfill - Opinion / Osisioma Flyover In Aba Is Now Completed / Disturbing Pictures Of Underage Boys Trained By Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.