Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (55321 Views)

Sweden To Become A Third World Country By 2030, According To UN / Can Nigeria Ever Be A First World Country? / Is Nigeria A Developing Nation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Ifygurl: 1:39pm On Aug 20, 2008
The Sly:

Same old BS links that has nothing to put on ground at the end of the day!
I posted some facts only for you to return with appaling loads of links
The same links which stated that Nigerians were the happiest people on earth!!!!
The same bloody links where u got your Vision 20[b]10[/b]?? undecided

I don't need to study some useless links about Nigeria to know what is going on
I have SEEN whats going on in Nigeria so i don't need any irrelevant links to make my point.

Mrs researcher, Your ignorance has inclined to an all time high
Arguing with you makes no sense to me. . . . . .
It seems all i have been saying are going into your head through your left ear and coming out through the right one.

I gave you links.
You say it's inaccurate.

So your smarter than Wikipedia, UN, IMF and Allafrica.com.
Good to know.

You talking about you gave me links.
Where is it?
All i see is you writing.
I don't see any links next to your writings.

You told me, my shit are inaccurate and i told you every site i found it at.
You said with it's inaccurate sites.
Oh okay.

Teach me.  Mister Genius.
What's accurate?
Also give me the links, website, hell a book.

Oh yea, also got some my information from a book called Africa Economy(The New Africa).(I forgot the name of the guy who wrote it but it's by some White guy).
When school starts. I'll go to our school library and i'll try to Borrow it again, so i'll give you the name of the guy that wrote it.
But why should i do that?
You already said his inaccurate.

You saying you don't research.
Good to know(We have in Genius in this sites).
Too bad i'm not as smart as you so i do research.
Well i learned from you those sites are inaccurate(And you are a genius so of course it's true), so oga abeg
tell me what's accurate?

Mr. Sly says they are inaccurate sites and book, so people donnot use the above sites or read what IMF or UN says, you only get inaccurate information.
Okay people.
Mr. Sly says says it's inaccurate, so DON'T use it.

P.S: Genius, you messed up in one thing: It's Vision 2020, not 2010.
That's what i read in those inaccurate sites(so it must be wrong)
After all your the Genius.
I need to call my teacher and tell her that she gave me a bad grade. I should have gotten an F, Not an A.
I used inaccurate sites to research.

Are those sites inaccurate also cause they said our
Health, education, Unemployment, etc rates are too high(meaning it's bad, really bad).
And also our death rate is high too

Are they inaccurate in those information because that's what i wrote in my paper.
Damn, why did i not ask Mr. Sly when i was researching for that paper.
Damn why did i use wikipedia, all africa and UN sites.
Next time, i write a paper i'll use you for information.

For summer paper. I'm suppose to right about Racism and Racist.
I used Wikipedia, UN and a book called the American racist to research about it
I don't want to get inaccurate information again so Mr. Genius(UN and Wikipedia) are inaccurate so abeg teach.
I need accurate information for this paper
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by chidichris(m): 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2008
Davidlan wrote,
What is a definition of a "third world country"?
What is the definition of a first world nation? What is the yardstick for measuring development? The US or the EU? Why are nations like Brazil and Mexico still second world nations despite their thriving economies?

We are not an underdeveloped country, we are simply an exploited nation! Exploited by those same "super powers" for their own greed and selfish gain. Their economies where built on the backs of poor africans and the resources they stole from us!

if u are living in the usa as u claim my dear, won't u work towards changing our identity from third world country to fourth or fifth? in which aspects of life do u wish to compare things here and there? why do we always run away from the truth? who exploit you and when? how many years of independence? or are you telling us that the abachas, babangidas and objs to mention but a few are whites?

far from the truth, i do not know the last time u were in nigeria but events back home is showing that we are directing our efforts to go down to fourth world country. nigeria has succeeded in a step forward and four backward.

it was on news that robbers went to yar adua's mother's house a couple of days ago which shows how safe we are all there in our first world nation.

we are our own problem and until we begin to accept this responsibilities and decide to make amends, things will continue the way it is.

please if u have decided to believe that nigeria and the usa is in the same train, pls come back home.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by davidif: 12:46am On Aug 22, 2008
in case some of you didn't know, [size=25pt]NIGERIA IS A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY.[/size]
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by obongyi: 1:39am On Aug 22, 2008
3rd world country
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by ssRhino: 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2008
What does it matter if we are 3rd world or developing, we have nothing to show for nothing, we just exist, selling Oil to those that knows how to make something happen.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Angelheart: 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2008
Ifygurl:

And again No offense, but i've dealth with many South Africans; you all really don't know anything about Nigeria, At all.
Again No offense.
Based from all the comments i've been reading from South Africans. You all really don't know anything about Nigeria or any other African country
Again No offense.

What exactly are you reading? Ever heard of research methodologies?
Our Economy is dropping?Again I ask, what are you reading?
Since Xenophobia it is increasing?? What is increasing? Do you read??
SOuth Afircan dont know anything about Nigeria?From your statement, do you know ANYTHING about South Africa,
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Sep 23, 2008
$$Rhino:

What does it matter if we are 3rd world or developing, we have nothing to show for nothing, we just exist, selling Oil to those that knows how to make something happen.

Roflmao!!! I love the way you never fail to accept reality even while you are lost in dream world. ROFLMAO!!! good deal dude!!!

Your posts make me laugh. I mean one minute you are dreaming of a Nigerian utopia, the next you are stating that our future seems bleak considering our current reality. I like that. Now if only others will learn that being positive about the future does not mean same as denying current reality.ROFLMAO!!
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by blackspade(m): 2:07am On Sep 24, 2008
Nigeria is both a developing third world country.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Ifygurl: 9:32am On Sep 30, 2008
Angelheart:

What exactly are you reading? Ever heard of research methodologies?
Our Economy is dropping?Again I ask, what are you reading?
Since Xenophobia it is increasing?? What is increasing? Do you read??
SOuth Afircan don't know anything about Nigeria?From your statement, do you know ANYTHING about South Africa,

Calm the hell down. Jeez. What i see in T.V in America is where i get the quotes on SA. Also the news in the internet,everywhere.  And plus, i visited SA did summer and my sister got attacked by the xenophobia idiots in the part of that not suppose to have it.
And if you don't know what xenophobia is then you know your lying cause that's like the news of the day.

blackspade:

Nigeria is both a developing third world country.

Thank you. That's what i've been telling this people that nigeria is both a developing and a third world country. But of course you can't teach nigerians anything. Everyone has to be right.
Too much ego in our bodies. Ah

Kobojunkie:

Roflmao!!! I love the way you never fail to accept reality even while you are lost in dream world. ROFLMAO!!! good deal dude!!!

Your posts make me laugh. I mean one minute you are dreaming of a Nigerian utopia, the next you are stating that our future seems bleak considering our current reality. I like that. Now if only others will learn that being positive about the future does not mean same as denying current reality.ROFLMAO!!

If that quote is to me, you know i didn't write that. Hmm. Kobojunkie. How much do i hate thee? Not much but i can't stand you.
Ohyea and you still didn't answer my question? The ordeal i went through with my bestfriend was it please? Since Americans don't are perfect, i want to know what my ordeal was? Thanks.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Fhemmmy: 1:27pm On Sep 30, 2008
Republic of Benin is a 3rd world nation and we cant even compare ourself with them, so that makes us a 4th world country.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by RibaduFan(m): 1:34pm On Sep 30, 2008
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country?
« #4 on: April 05, 2006, 07:55 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nigeria can only be classified as a third world country for the following reasons.

1. Mains electricity supplies are erratic or non-existent in most parts of the country.

2. There has never been provision for any form of social security, unemployment or retirement benefits to most Nigerian citizens.

3. The streets are strewn with mountains of trash in most major Nigerian cities as municipal trash collection is effectively non-existent.

4. It is possible to break the law and sometimes even get away with murder simply by bribing the Nigerian Police.

5. The innocent often wind up in jail or get summarily shot for failure to bribe Nigerian policemen.

6. Armed robbers very commonly lay siege on residential neigborhoods FOR HOURS AT A TIME in many Nigerian cities, without police response.

7. Federal and state highways in Nigeria are pock-marked with massive craters that constitute death traps to motorists.

8. Nigerian state-run hospitals are under-funded, under-staffed, housed in run-down buildings and lacking both equipment and reliably safe pharmaceutical drugs.

9. Dead bodies are a common sight on the streets in metropolitan areas as well as in plain view along major highways.

10. Vehicle safety codes in Nigeria are non-existent, and vehicle smog emmission controls entirely unheard of in Nigeria.

11. In Lagos, Nigeria's commercial hub, there exist TODAY pedestrian over-head bridges in such disrepair as to have rotted clear through, leaving gaping holes through which unwary pedestrians do regularly fall 50 feet into traffic below.

12. The number of Nigerian metropolitan areas that are served by a centralized drinking water supply can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who feels that ANY SINGLE ONE of the above twelve points does not on its own classify Nigeria as a third world nation, or who feels that any one of the above twelve points contains an exaggeration or lie. [quote][/quote]

If the above are true then Nigeria is definitely a third world country.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Mpele(m): 2:40pm On Sep 30, 2008
Actually Nigeria together with Chad, Sudan, Central African Republic, Kenya, Somalia and all those sub-saharan countries except South Africa and North Africa are 4th world.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by blackspade(m): 3:31pm On Sep 30, 2008
Mpele, shut the hell up. If you have nothing that even makes the slightest of sense to add, don't bother typing anything, boy.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by davidif: 4:59pm On Sep 30, 2008
Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country?

iru question wo leleyi? in case some of you didn't know already, Nigeria is a third world country.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by grafikdon: 7:48pm On Sep 30, 2008
With all due respect, you folks need to stop the insults, how dare you? Nigeria is not a third world country, ''It'' is a 7th world country riddled with putrid imbecilic and malevolent parasites masquerading as presidents/Senators/Reps/Governors/Local Chairmen. . .

Stop insulting the real third world countries. . .
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Mpele(m): 2:21pm On Oct 01, 2008
@ grafikdon.

lol! couldn't have said it better I think 9th world would be better. That is why Nigerians are all over the world, they just can't afford to live in a lifeless country.

This is not an insult, but reality
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by morpheus24: 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2008
Mpele:

@ grafikdon.

lol! couldn't have said it better I think 9th world would be better. That is why Nigerians are all over the world, they just can't afford to live in a lifeless country.

Yes and we are about to invade your half kaffir ass too and turn you into a Nigerian by breeding out that leucoderm in you.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by chessguru(m): 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2008
THIRD WORLD,
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by grafikdon: 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2008
Mpele:

@ grafikdon.

Mpele, don't get the wrong idea, my outcry is borne out of frustration, not hatred. I am frustrated that a bunch of hopeless putrid parasitic nitwits that barely make up 2% of the population have turned the country into their private company. I am frustrated that a vast majority of Nigerians who are decent people have embraced the mind boggling, gut wrenching status quo instead of sticking out their necks in order to enjoy the benefits of a functional country. Everyone knows the right thing but nobody will do it.

It seems that only violence works in Nigeria; violence against the insignificant parasites masquerading as Governors/Reps/Local Govt Chairmen/Presidents/AG/Commissioners etc etc. Perhaps that language should be spoken for things to turn around.

So Mr. Mpele, I do not wish death and destruction to Nigerians, because 80% of the most important men and women in my life are in Nigeria, instead I have the urge to pulverize the ''leaders'' and a few imbecilic ''citizens'' who have turned the nation into a laughing stock.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Angelheart: 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2008
Third world offcourse.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Fhemmmy: 5:41pm On Oct 01, 2008
In 2007, Nigeria was ranked 148. This latest survey places Nigeria as the 59th most corrupt country. This is by no means a small achievement for a country which some years ago, was ranked one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

Notwithstanding the controversy surrounding the efficacy or otherwise of TI's methodology, becoming the 59th most corrupt out of 180 countries ought to call for a celebration. Not even the government celebrated. What could have been wrong?

Only in a 3rd world Country can they expect celebration for being 59th on the list of most corrupt nation.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by jaguda(m): 1:41pm On Mar 04, 2009
Bros, true to God, i no know the answer to this question. whether we be country na aoda mata sef.

Fhemmmy:

In 2007, Nigeria was ranked 148. This latest survey places Nigeria as the 59th most corrupt country. This is by no means a small achievement for a country which some years ago, was ranked one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

Notwithstanding the controversy surrounding the efficacy or otherwise of TI's methodology, becoming the 59th most corrupt out of 180 countries ought to call for a celebration. Not even the government celebrated. What could have been wrong?

@ fhemmmy, i sure say no be Oshodi u go school, answer question about naija, if na 3rd or wetin, and not if we corrupt or not.

make i shadow passengers jo, , abule strrrrrrreeeettttttt,
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 03, 2009
@ topic.

The reason why we have been classified into this category is because they have done their research and have seen that we as a nation still struggle to compete on a global scale, due to the fact that we are still lagging behind in some areas as our government has failed to provide basic amenities, which include standard health care, education, employment, resources, money, and other various factors.

Based on what I have been hearing, Lagos and Abuja is gradually developing. Let's just hope that other governors will get in line and start reforms because we have so many natural resources that are able to catapult our nation to the top.

@ poster.

This issue should not bother you because at present I am studying in the US, and believe me the vast majority here think that we are still swinging from tree to tree. Anyway, ignorance is the worst communicable disease of most Americans and it is pathetic to see that it is an epidemic they are not aware of.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by brooklyn99: 4:26am On Dec 04, 2009
<hand on chin, twiddling thumb and index finger, muttering to self>"Developing or third world? Developing or third world? Developing or third world? AHHH, I GO WITH 7TH WORLD!!!!!!" That country is a freaking joke from what i see on tv and the internet!!! oh, and from what the people say too.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Fhemmmy: 4:31am On Dec 04, 2009
If there is anything like 4th world nation, that is what Nigeria is.
Cos even the 3rd country is improving, but Nigeria is getting better by being worse.
Joke of a nation.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by blackspade(m): 7:08am On Dec 04, 2009
Nigeria is a developing third world country. @op, seems like you're confusing thrid world with failed state. . .
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:36pm On Dec 04, 2009
its pretty much both.
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by kikuyu1(m): 9:58am On Dec 31, 2010
Occasionally we just need to find and present acceptable unbiased info. Here:
128. Kenya
129. Bangladesh
130. Ghana
131. Cameroon
132. Myanmar
133. Yemen
134. Benin
135. Madagascar
136. Mauritania
137. Papua New Guinea
138. Nepal
139. Togo
140. Comoros
141. Lesotho
142. Nigeria
143. Uganda
144. Senegal
145. Haiti
146. Angola
147. Djibouti
148. Tanzania (United Republic of)
149. Côte d'Ivoire
150. Zambia
http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/
What kills me is that we were at the bottom of the medium development list 2 years previously. Then someone ushered in pogroms and bloodletting claiming election-rigging that reversed our progress and now that same NIGGER is now posing as a statesman over a similar situation in Cote DeIvoire!!!! AAARRGGHHHHHH F&*(@??!!
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by smithll: 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2010
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by webmanlag: 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2012
4th World
Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by Dede1(m): 3:34pm On Nov 15, 2012
@topic

Nigeria is neither a developing nor 3rd world country but 5th world country.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? by tck2000(m): 1:09pm On Jun 06, 2019
still

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osisioma Flyover In Aba Is Now Completed / Six Campaign Promises Buhari Will Never Fulfill - Opinion / South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.