Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,599 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? (13662 Views)

Is Blackberry Q5 Good Enough?or Should I Go For Another Andriod Phone / Why Is Blackberry Bigger Than I-phone, Andriod And Htc In Naija? / Where Is Blackberry Office In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by sarutobie(m): 11:43am On Jul 01, 2012
Delafruita:
seriously,BB internet access isnt unlimited.its 1gb.when i was using a BB,i always exhausted it coz of my movie downloads.i swtiched to android and by God,i realised blackberry is just crap.i got an htc with windows mobile operating system just to check it out and it was aeons above blackberry in terms of use.the only advantage of a BB is that it pings.aside that,its just BS
But you didn't tell us how much data you used for ur new android?..how much do u pay for 1gb dataplan on ur android? And hw long does it last for u?..

4 Likes

Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by sarutobie(m): 11:45am On Jul 01, 2012
georgee: I hate BB with a passion. Stuck with nokia (E6-00)
Eyaa so much hate for a mere phone?
Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by sanchez4eva: 11:46am On Jul 01, 2012
This is a stupid thread..I use a bb because it does what I want it to do...I keep in touch wit ma peeps and browse unlimitedly...Android and Iphones are for app lovers and game freaks...We buy phones because of what τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ phones can do for us so I choose my bb...Stick with ur Android and leav bb users alone...Peace

1 Like

Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 01, 2012
BB was and still is the best thing to happen to communications. I am yet to find a replacement.
Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Boboribo: 11:51am On Jul 01, 2012
How does an android user in say Kano send a photo of an event in Kano instantly to a friend in Lagos and the friend in Lagos will get instantly. Give me asnwers too for music, videos and URL links. I use a BB currently. Moved from S40 and all this BB is shi.t stuff is making me wonder. I want to learn please.
Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Akainzo(m): 11:52am On Jul 01, 2012
~Bluetooth:

If you fully want to maximize the functionality of a phone,you'd think more than a blackberry.Nigeria is just behind in everything.Atm was introduced in the 60's but it took Nigeria over 40 years to use an Atm.
Blackberry is fit for Nigeria because Nigeria is still very backward technologically.

And China is backward as well seeing as ATM was not introduced until the late 90s?
Every country and it's citizens make decisions based on their needs and it is only Nigerians that behave like sheeps that always want to copy what is in vogue in America. If you were able to read and grasp that report properly, you would see that the falling sales is ONLY in the US markets, BB actually increased its subscriber base worldwide despite the falling sales in US.
I guess Britons are also stupid and are backward seeing as the BlackBerry has been the top selling brand in UK for the past 2 years!

1 Like

Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by NEROSKY(m): 11:54am On Jul 01, 2012
Am tired of BB, I bought one not up 2 two weeks ago, now I lost my nokia for the sake,and I felt like diein eva since, I need Nokia E6 and I want to give It away. ( my BOLD 2) @28,000

1 Like

Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Boboribo: 11:56am On Jul 01, 2012
NEROSKY: Am tired of BB, I bought one not up 2 two weeks ago, now I lost my nokia for the sake,and I felt like diein eva since, I need Nokia E6 and I want to give It away. ( my BOLD 2) @28,000

Why don't you just burn the BB? You will sell it to someone and tomorrow you will open a thread to say BB is rubbish. If it is that bad, burn it please and rid the world of BB.
Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by lacasa: 11:57am On Jul 01, 2012
Lexusgs430: High cost of communication in Nigeria, and the benefit the blackberry phone + packages it offers, simply helps people from going totally incommunicado.
So long as the cost and ease of communication remains high in Nigeria,blackberry will still be king!!!

Gbam
Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Boboribo: 11:57am On Jul 01, 2012
NEROSKY: Am tired of BB, I bought one not up 2 two weeks ago, now I lost my nokia for the sake,and I felt like diein eva since, I need Nokia E6 and I want to give It away. ( my BOLD 2) @28,000

Why not burn the BB?
Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 01, 2012
I have used iphone,android and BB and I believe the reason why people stick to BB more is to cut cost of communication not the lack of high tech knowledge. In USA for instance some carriers offers free unlimited texting so tell me why they would get a BB if they can text for free. If I pay N1500 to communicate with 30 of my firends on BB thru ping I think I will save more than using an iphone to make calls...remember its all about communication and being informed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Akainzo(m): 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2012
sholay2011: Nigerians freak abt BB cos their xposure is limited.

Based on the above, one would think BB is not sold anywhere other than in Nigeria. It however shows how ignorant and backward the author is. I am sure the US President is not that much of a village man seeing that he made it clear he NEEDED his BB always, or even those pop stars Beyonze, Jay Z, Kanye West, Piers Morgan or even the Google director that uses a BB.
Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 01, 2012
Its a technology war. Google promised the US govt to produce the Nexus in USA and not China, so that it can encourage other manufacturers to come back, the deal was struck. Are you surprise that Samsung Galaxy sales has been stopped in the USA since last week ? America also made sure BB fever in US is ridiculed to encourage its homegrown techies. Nigerians tend to just be carried away most times by hate and abuses of techies. BB is great on dataplan, and reduced call rate once you subscribe. The technology is great. I want someone to tell me 100% replacement to BB. BB is a great phone.

1 Like

Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Dhelake: 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2012
Basic:
Stop deceiving yourself, the plan is not unlimited. It is just 1GB. Most people erroneously think it is unlimited because they do not get to exhaust their 1GB within 30 days. Try downloading 2-3 high quality full length films and you'll see it's not "unlimited".
this is an absolute lie, i was also tinkin dis way b4, buh i made sure i download over 2Gig worth of film nd it still wasnt exhausted

1 Like

Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Akainzo(m): 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2012
Basic:
Stop deceiving yourself, the plan is not unlimited. It is just 1GB. Most people erroneously think it is unlimited because they do not get to exhaust their 1GB within 30 days. Try downloading 2-3 high quality full length films and you'll see it's not "unlimited".

Even if not unlimited, how much did you pay for the same 1GB of data on the Android? How much did you pay for the same one month full data experience on Android?

If I don't ever get to exhaust my allowance every month, then it's easy for me to think of it as Unlimited, however every Android user knows it how much a Kb cost as every action, every click incurs a charge. For the present Nigerians environment, the BlackBerry delivers the best value for money.

But if you are one of those that wants to get broke chasing the joneses, you're welcome to bury your head in the sands.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2012
@ Op and all his sympathizers: you're all s t u p i d! If u choose not to use a BB it's ur bleeping choice. I use a BB+bis cos i can afford one and cos i like it's BBM application. It's ur headache if u dont dig it. All fingers not equal and so are the choices we make. Whats ur yardstick for calling a BB phones prestigious? because its got popularity in nigeria? Would u also call 2go prestigious because its popularity in nigeria? Or would u call a honda EOD prestigious? Or nokia phones prestigious? Then what would u call the iphone's, the rolls royce's and the sgh galaxy's? Soon you'll be asking why nigerians dig terry g n his lousy songs(which i also like). BB's losses doesn't make its phones less appealing to me and millions out there so get over that 'prestigious stereotype', it proves how myopic u all are as humans.

1 Like

Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by olsmade(m): 12:14pm On Jul 01, 2012
this topic has been overflogged joor. 'Unlimited' browsing, pinging etc
Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by mu2sa2: 12:16pm On Jul 01, 2012
The world has ditched BB but we cling to it. Tell me,is this progress or retrogression. Nigeria!!!
Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2012
Basic:

Lolz..Your funny...wat abt me dat dwnloads notin les dan 2.5gb on mtn aπϑ eyisalat per mth?? Na NEPA D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ dull me..@op, we r in Naija....tinz work here d naija way...nt d WORLD way
Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2012
Akainzo:

Even if not unlimited, how much did you pay for the same 1GB of data on the Android? How much did you pay for the same one month full data experience on Android?

If I don't ever get to exhaust my allowance every month, then it's easy for me to think of it as Unlimited, however every Android user knows it how much a Kb cost as every action, every click incurs a charge. For the present Nigerians environment, the BlackBerry delivers the best value for money.

But if you are one of those that wants to get broke chasing the joneses, you're welcome to bury your head in the sands.
You have made a valid point. I have both BB and Android phones ranging from Galaxy Tab to Galaxy Note, none gives the economy found on BB, apart from just 3k per month on MTN, the call rates are reduced about 19kobo. MY Galaxy Note, 200MB of Data costs me 1000 Naira and I exhaust it in one day using same youtube and media sites I use with BB that lasts a month. I want someone to tell me without sentiment what application I need in a phone that could make me follow the hateful bandwagon...of BB haters.

1 Like

Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by sarutobie(m): 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2012
Akainzo:

IN Nigeria,if I want a phone that will give me unlimited dataplan for month,instant chats & sharing of pics+videos+mp3s,stream my videos, download my mp3s,access the internet,get unbeatable and fast email experience all @ 1,500.. blackberry is the answer.If I want a phone that will give me the 'wow' effect on apps and media features while taking sizeable chunks on dataplan then android will deliver..am IN Nigeria and I have made my choice..BLACKBERRY!..

1 Like

Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Dhelake: 12:22pm On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: You have made a valid point. I have both BB and Android phones ranging from Galaxy Tab to Galaxy Note, none gives the economy found on BB, apart from just 3k per month on MTN, the call rates are reduced about 19kobo. MY Galaxy Note, 200MB of Data costs me 1000 Naira and I exhaust it in one day using same youtube and media sites I use with BB that lasts a month. I want someone to tell me without sentiment what application I need in a phone that could make me follow the hateful bandwagon...of BB haters.
4 an android to be on net 4 a mönth, u need nothin less than 6k, nw dey shld me why i should nt use a bb wen i can get dat 4 as low as 1400
Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 01, 2012
Dhelake: 4 an android to be on net 4 a mönth, u need nothin less than 6k, nw dey shld me why i should nt use a bb wen i can get dat 4 as low as 1400
BB remains the best so far. I havent found a replacement. I am addicted gadgets, I buy them as they come, but I hold my BB in high esteem, I pray daily for RIM, they are the best thing to happen to telecoms.

1 Like

Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by stone07(m): 12:27pm On Jul 01, 2012
Well i have whatsapp on my nokia nd i ping with it so what else.Even whatsapp app works on BB.
Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by vividgate: 12:29pm On Jul 01, 2012
saxywale:

Used undies? I dont believe you, is Nigeria now that bad? I still believe It's the follow follow effect.

Y don't u believe ladies buy used undies ?guy it is real.
Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Suntemi(m): 12:59pm On Jul 01, 2012
I use iPhone but I use Airtel BB 1Gb package on it which cost me 1200 every month. So it's best of both worlds. Sincerely the reason some still use bb is because of subscription. It's affordable and unlimited on some networks. Sometimes, I wish I can get unlimited plan on my iPhone because I don't like BB.
Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by SisiKill1: 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2012
Only someone who hasn't been to Naija and experienced the hardship of having to reload a million times just to have a 10 mins talk with someone(even texting oh) will ask this question.

Yeah, sure there is the "look at me, look at me" reason but it is mainly because of the data plan which allows them to communicate freely without penny pinching or havingtotalkreallyfastlikethis to get your message across.

And why if I may ask do people think this Naija people and their Blackberry topics is an invitation to be insultive? If these people are not coming to you to help them carry their BB burdens. . . What is your business in what they use or how they choose to use it?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Akainzo(m): 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2012
stone07: Well i have whatsapp on my nokia nd i ping with it so what else.Even whatsapp app works on BB.

Yes WhatsApp works on BB, it's a cross platform IM client.
However on anything other than on a BB, you go through 1500 in about a week chatting with 30 grinds daily. While on the BB, it is unlimited BBM grinds, unlimited WhatsApp, unlimited YouTube all at the conservative minimum cost of 1500 for a month!
Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 01, 2012
Seen by who?
Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2012
Why d'ya guys hate BB so much? Whatever did they do to you? That I use a BB doesn't make me a fool or a technologically backward person. It makes me an economical person. Let's calculate:
I used a Samsung Galaxy S last year for 3 months, and I spent N21,000 on data and calls. N7,000 for a meagre 5GB per month. That's was too freaking expensive for me, so I asked around and was introduced to the BlackBerry Internet Service for which I pay N8,000 for 3 months, for UNLIMITED DATA.
Now tell me why, as a person with complete possession of his senses, will I forego the BB and it's unlimited data plans and texting for say an iPhone or a 'Droid? Please, tell me!

1 Like

Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by xtrafly(m): 1:25pm On Jul 01, 2012
I swear you all are just being foolish in your replies, depends on what you want in a phone... Blackberry phones have always been there, they became a lot more popular when the makers decided to incorporate social networking apps in it (with the rise of facebook et al). If you tweet and chat a lot, you'd know that very few phones do it better than a blackberry. I use a blackberry and an android and the blackberry fits my heavy downloads (I even download computer software as large as 300mb several times in a month on my mtn subscription)
Re: Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? by Slimgrace(f): 1:50pm On Jul 01, 2012
georgee: I hate BB with a passion. Stuck with nokia (E6-00)

stuck wf nokia?am addicted to NOKIA!!!
Nigerians jus lik folo folo shikena!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Use The New Whatsapp Group Video Feature In HD Quality. / Nigerians Heavily Cursed A Girl Who Reported MTN 120GB Viral Cheat / 3G Data Reliability - Glo Or MTN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.