Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,539 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna (16592 Views)

Police Sergeant Who Made Bullet-proof Vest Promoted By Arase / GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical / GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by mukina2: 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2012

[img]http://instagr.am/p/Mlo8TsQL8e/media/?size=l[/img]
President Goodluck Jonathan has commissioned the Defence Industry Corporation of Nigeria (DICON), a company that will be manufacturing bullet proof vest for the military and other security agents.

The President at the commissioning in Kaduna, commended the Public Private Partnership (PPP) between DICON and MAROM-DOLPHIN Nigeria Limited which resulted in the domestic production of the bullet proof vests and other textile wares for security agencies in the country.

President Jonathan noted that the landmark event shows that the military establishment has effectively keyed into the federal government’s Local Content Policy which is aimed at building indigenous capacity in the petroleum and other sectors of the national economy.”

The President restated his administration’s commitment “to creating the requisite enabling environment for local manufacturing industries to grow, become major employers of labour and progressively become globally competitive.”

Noting that the Nigerian Navy has locally designed and constructed Seaward Defence Boat, just as the Nigerian Army Engineering Corps produced an Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs), the president stated that these are part of activities marking the 2012 Nigerian Army Day Celebrations (NADCEL).

He added that this year’s celebration coupled with the creation of the army and navy marks the beginning of the end of the nation’s total reliance on foreign suppliers for the country’s security needs.

While urging all Nigerians to show patriotism by buying DICON products, President Jonathan indicated that a directive would soon be issued to compel all Federal agencies to patronise DICON unless they can prove convincingly that such products are not available locally.

“That is the only way we can move as a nation,” he said, while calling on other foreign investors to emulate MAROM-DOLPHIN.

President Jonathan accompanied by the governors of Kaduna and Bayelsa States, Ministers, members of the National Assembly and the Chief of Defence Staff among other top government officials, also inspected weapons made by DICON-MAROM.

DICON was established by an Act of Parliament in 1964 to primarily “produce small arms and ammunitions for the use of the Nigerian Army, paramilitary and security agencies in the country.”

Source
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 02, 2012
They want to start making bullet proof vest for them.
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by oiseworld: 7:03pm On Jul 02, 2012
a good one presido. Thats how to start. patronizing our made in nigeria product is the only way to grow the economy.

I hope boko haram will not storm the factory to steal 100s of bulletproof vests.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Tyche(m): 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2012
Good, but I am worried about this getting into the wrong hands.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Arosa(m): 7:23pm On Jul 02, 2012
Nice one GEJ.
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Sunofgod(m): 7:29pm On Jul 02, 2012
Public Private Partnership - Isn't that what Otedola and Lawan were involved in?

What a pathetic scheme - and how much has it cost?

How much of Nigeria's money went into it? Who stands to benefit - Nigerians or the Private company involved?

Ridiculous idea - They should have just imported the things from China - at around $5 per vest.

Once again Nigerians are being swindled.

If anything they should make and distribute bomb proof vests to the general public - as they are the main victims on the terrorism that exists in Nigeria.

GEJ - You may fool a few, but you dont fool the masses.

Cronyism at its worst,

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Mandelaguy(m): 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2012
Good one president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan,this is what we have been talking about,we know you can do it,may God strengthen you,for our military,please don't go lax on security,BH is lurking.
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Tsmooth1(m): 7:38pm On Jul 02, 2012
Zombie oh! zombie!

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Tstark(m): 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2012
Who go first test di vest na?
grin

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by miky(m): 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2012
Tyche: Good, but I am worried about this getting into the wrong hands.

if they can buy bombs, they can buy cheap bullet vest thats even on ebay!!
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 02, 2012
Haba, for kaduna kwa?. Why not move it to east, south or west. I hope this won't be an opportunity for the BH members to be equipped with bullet proof vest.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by mekaboy(m): 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2012
[b]BAD IDEA, SOME SECURITY AGENTS ARE PART OF THE ISLAMIC SECT , SECURITY HAS UNIFORMS, THE MILITANTS HAVE THE SAME UNIFORMS. THEY HAVE GUNS,MILITANTS HAVE SAME GUNS. NOW THEY HAVE BULLET PROOF, IMAGINE ARMED ROBBERS, MILITANTS AND KIDNAPERS USING BULLET PROOF.

WHY NOT SPEND THAT MONEY TO TRAIN A NEW SET OF UNDERCOVER SECURITY AGENTS, WHO WILL BE PLANTED IN EVERY PART OF NIGERIA( SCHOOL, MARKETS, BARS, CLUBS ETC) TO PROVIDE INTEL ON ALL CRIME ACTIVITIES AROUND NIGERIA.

I MEAN IMAGINE SECURITY AGENTS RUNNING A BAR, WHERE ARMED ROBBERS, KIDNAPPERS, AND DRUG DEALERS COME TO MEET AND DISCUSS THEIR OPERATION. WITHOUT KNOW THE WHOLE PLACE IS BUGGED AND THEIR CONVERSATION IS RECORDED? OR SECURITY AGENTS GAINING ADMISSION INTO THE UNIVERSITIES AND JOINING THE CULT, PROVIDING THE NAMES OF ALL BAD GUYS TO THE POLICE?

THESE ARE THE TYPE OF THINGS NIGERIA NEEDS. ASSUMING WE HAD ONE SINGLE SECURITY AGENT WHO SUCCEEDED TO JOIN BOKO HARAM JUST TO GET INTEL, BY NOW WE WOULD HAVE INFO ON THE SOURCE OF THEIR FUNDING AND THE SUPPLIER OF EXPLOSIVES AND WIPE THEM OUT FROM THE ROOT.

ALL WE NEED IS INTELLIGENCE AND NOT BULLET PROOF.[/b]

20 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Residentevil: 7:55pm On Jul 02, 2012
Good innovation but be careful cause BOKO boys are not asleep.
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Builder: 7:59pm On Jul 02, 2012
But why kaduna of all places, the heartbeat of BOKO HAREM.
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by greatlee(m): 8:01pm On Jul 02, 2012
This bullet proof vest of a thing, is it what we need most at this moment? Onye ulo nna ya n'agba oku ya ana achu oke. Naija i hail thee!!!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Goodn9ja: 8:01pm On Jul 02, 2012
I think uncle Joe should try it fist, he was the fist to tried the cassava bread. Oh! and Sambo.
Who go first test di vest na?
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by lacasa: 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2012
Make jona wear am first then make dem fire am wt one round then we can know the quality level. grin
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by PeeDaVinci: 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2012
[size=16pt]would you wear a made in nigeria bulletproof vest, and think you are protected?[/size]

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Butoneday2(m): 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2012
I am not happy? :-XI am not happy?
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Piyke: 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2012
Good move by GEJ!! The only reservation i have about this is the location, because BH already have activity in KD and they may soon be able to acquire these vests from the same sources that provide uniforms for them. I bet if it was sited a bit beyond their reach it would be more difficult for them to acquire.

In all very good!!
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Ogbodavies(m): 8:07pm On Jul 02, 2012
what of bomb proof vest remember there are BH boyz around cool
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Panshow(m): 8:10pm On Jul 02, 2012
They should make the bullet proof available for every one.
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by RichDad1(m): 8:10pm On Jul 02, 2012
I Only Pity The people that will put this SHAKABULA vest on cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry[b][/b]
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by kiyosaki1(m): 8:11pm On Jul 02, 2012
Sun of god: Public Private Partnership - Isn't that what Otedola and Lawan were involved in?

How much of Nigeria's money went into it? Who stands to benefit - Nigerians or the Private company involved?

Ridiculous idea - They should have just imported the things from China - at around $5 per vest.

If anything they should make and distribute bomb proof vests to the general public - as they are the main victims on the terrorism that exists in Nigeria.

Cronyism at its worst,

Good talk
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by erniok(m): 8:11pm On Jul 02, 2012
Good one GEJ.
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Acelifted: 8:12pm On Jul 02, 2012
Good one.... but why Kaduna?
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by kpolli(m): 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2012
This guy is just a fool, so its hq of BH he decided to put this factory

so no need for them to import anymore

1 Like

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by economia: 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2012
Tstark: Who go first test di vest na?
grin
Gej.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by BlackBaron: 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2012
This factory has been up since very early this year I think. Least I know the JVA was signed then and I saw some samples on the web.
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Sunofgod(m): 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2012
So what 'Rank' has GEJ awarded himself in the army?

Why was he not arrested for 'impersonating' an army officer?

[img]http://instagr.am/p/Mlo8TsQL8e/media/?size=l[/img]

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by KayDee4: 8:19pm On Jul 02, 2012

Okay, now I hope they train the cops and okporofos properly so that they just don't wear bullet proof vests and get shot in the head.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Zutchy: 8:19pm On Jul 02, 2012
Sun of god: Public Private Partnership - Isn't that what Otedola and Lawan were involved in?

Cronyism at its worst,

You know I have been watching your posts but never commented on them because I felt to let sleeping dogs lie,but you see this heart bleeding writing up you just did here showed me how much of a sadist you are,for crying out long,okay wait ,let's forget about GEJ first,as a Nigerian are you not proud of the fact that the Nigerian armed forces now make the vests that they use and wear,anybody who is president be you who would be proud that all these things,(vest,seaward patrol boat,armored carrier)were all achieved under him,must you out of senseless hate and bigotry try to spoil anything that might look like good news for this country,please sun of God,or moon of devil like i am tempted to call you now don't let senseless followership lead you astray.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Recapture Two Strategic Local Governments From Boko Haram / Employment Scandal Rocks National Population Commission / Ondo Government Suspends NURTW And RTEAN. Orders Leaders To Vacate Motor Parks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.