Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,435 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna (16601 Views)

Police Sergeant Who Made Bullet-proof Vest Promoted By Arase / GEJ Commissions Uquo Gas Plant And Lays Foundation For Quantum Petrochemical / GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by dmainboss: 11:51pm On Jul 02, 2012
Honestly, I am becoming less interested in posting in some of these threads because people like Dayokano and Demdem are very very very very childish. Discussing with them in a thread is demeaning and not good for one's mind. It is like arguing with toddlers just that toddlers at least dont try to pretend they know. These ones are actually more like retards. Unintelligent. Uncultured. Unschooled and proud of their stupidity. They can never be rich in their lives because they celebrate backwardness. It is pathetic. Total jackasses!
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by dayokanu(m): 11:57pm On Jul 02, 2012
Are you still wondering why everyone thinks dmainboss is brainless, retardeed, imbecilic, with a single digit IQ?

The post above is the reason
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 03, 2012
dmainboss: Honestly, I am becoming less interested in posting in some of these threads because people like Dayokano and Demdem are very very very very childish. Discussing with them in a thread is demeaning and not good for one's mind. It is like arguing with toddlers just that toddlers at least dont try to pretend they know. These ones are actually more like retards. Unintelligent. Uncultured. Unschooled and proud of their stupidity. They can never be rich in their lives because they celebrate backwardness. It is pathetic. Total jackasses!
U didnt add that they stink like pit toilets.
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by affordable2: 12:37am On Jul 03, 2012
How I wish Jonathan is a military man....he is too soft for my liking
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Beneticta: 1:22am On Jul 03, 2012
dont mind him, with his foolish tlak na them go reach the position them no go know waiting them suppose do. omo ale. ole.bad bele. nothing good will come out of them.
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Musiwa2: 1:25am On Jul 03, 2012
D
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by ifihearam: 1:36am On Jul 03, 2012
Honestly, I am becoming less interested in posting in some of these threads because people like Dayokano and Demdem are very very very very childish. Discussing with them in a thread is demeaning and not good for one's mind. It is like arguing with toddlers just that toddlers at least dont try to pretend they know. These ones are actually more like retards. Unintelligent. Uncultured. Unschooled and proud of their stupidity. They can never be rich in their lives because they celebrate backwardness. It is pathetic. Total jackasses!

Never mind abeg
They are fools
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Turbocharged: 7:24am On Jul 03, 2012
Sun of god: Public Private Partnership - Isn't that what Otedola and Lawan were involved in?

What a pathetic scheme - and how much has it cost?

How much of Nigeria's money went into it? Who stands to benefit - Nigerians or the Private company involved?

Ridiculous idea - They should have just imported the things from China - at around $5 per vest.

Once again Nigerians are being swindled.

If anything they should make and distribute bomb proof vests to the general public - as they are the main victims on the terrorism that exists in Nigeria.

GEJ - You may fool a few, but you dont fool the masses.

Cronyism at its worst,

So d masses ar wise & ar still poor? What an irony
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by BlackBaron: 7:43am On Jul 03, 2012
I may not be a fan of Jonathan, but a bit surprised how the discussion has gone on a different tangent to the topic.

Here goes the first pics taken as far back as January or earlier. Possibly, they might have had more different configurations produced as at now but not sure.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by naptu2: 7:45am On Jul 03, 2012
Shortly after President Shagari eventually took office, he met with senior military officials.  They expressed the wish that the President retain the defence portfolio, rather than appoint a civilian defence minister.  He refused, and decided instead to appoint Mathematics Professor Iya Abubakar as civilian Defence Minister. Iya was, like Ribadu in the first republic, a Fulani from Adamawa.  For reasons that have never been clarified, however, Shagari took over the defence portfolio from Professor Iya Abubakar in October 1982, a move that the opposition interpreted as preparatory to using the military for partisan purposes.  After winning a second term, Shagari then appointed Alhaji Akanbi Oniyangi, a lawyer and businessman from Ilorin as his second Defence minister.   Shagari did not, however, appoint Ministers of State for individual services as had existed in the first republic.  He also agreed for the psychological satisfaction of the military, to wear military uniform anytime he was performing purely military state functions.  This had also been the practice of President Nnamdi Azikiwe back in the first republic.  It may have been a colonial tradition with roots in the quasi-military heritage of most British Governors General.

http://www.gamji.com/nowa/nowa12.htm
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Ninilowo(m): 7:47am On Jul 03, 2012
Ina n jo; o n la gota. Fire bey burn; una dey dig gutter.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by naptu2: 7:57am On Jul 03, 2012
This has been the practice of civilian and military heads of state of Nigeria, right from the first republic.

The head of state belongs to all Nigerians. When the head of state visits a state (state visit as opposed to working visit) he usually wears the host state's traditional attire. This is done for the psychological effect of showing affinity with the people of the state.

Similarly, the commander in chief belongs to all arms of the armed forces. When he performs his military role as commander in chief (eg, presenting colours, overseeing military exercises, reviewing parades), he could wear the uniform of any of the armed services.

For this reason, Nnamdi Azikiwe wore military uniforms (see pic above). Yakubu Gowon, an army general, wore the uniform of a navy admiral. Ibrahim Babangida, an army general, wore the uniform of a navy admiral (I think this was @ the 1987 independence day parade) and the uniform of an air force marshal (at another event). General Abubakar also wore the uniform of an admiral. Shehu Shagari and Olusegun Obasanjo (both civilian presidents) have also worn military uniforms.

The only case that I still do not understand is the case of Sir Winston Spencer Churchill. He had retired from the armed forces before going into politics. He was never commander in chief (a position reserved for the monarch), yet I've seen pictures of him in military uniform when he was prime minister during World War Two. I hope someone can explain this to me.

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by amdy08: 8:19am On Jul 03, 2012
A 9c step Mr president.av always had confidence in the Nigerian army and oda security agencies.
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Biggyd2: 8:21am On Jul 03, 2012
I beg let them inform us when they start producing hunger vests for Nigerians!
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Wizkhalifa2(m): 8:47am On Jul 03, 2012
TNK U GEJ.. Nw BOKOHARAM WUD VE BULLETPROOF VEST... Smh
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by TheMatrix3: 8:52am On Jul 03, 2012
This is a military vest for chrissake. why publicise it Am also scared the wrong people are fully aware and are gonna get their filthy hands on it. GEJ wants to score a cheap political point at the expense of a security breach... slow powk undecided
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:04am On Jul 03, 2012
The_Matrix: This is a military vest for chrissake. why publicise it Am also scared the wrong people are fully aware and are gonna get their filthy hands on it. GEJ wants to score a cheap political point at the expense of a security breach... slow powk undecided

one word to describe you;

Bonce.
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by jmaine: 9:06am On Jul 03, 2012
The_Matrix: This is a military vest for chrissake. why publicise it Am also scared the wrong people are fully aware and are gonna get their filthy hands on it. GEJ wants to score a cheap political point at the expense of a security breach... slow powk undecided

Your post epitomizes foolishness . . . .redeem yourself by saying something reasonable next time . . .
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by nduchucks: 9:25am On Jul 03, 2012

Must you spoil your valid post by insulting our President? olodo

I say the point you made is valid because in February this year, two suspected Boko Haram members were arrested by the Nigeria Army at the Defence Industrial Companies of Nigeria, Kakuri, Kaduna. Boko Haram members who were not caught must have made away with explosives, guns, and other weapons. Now they will have access to bullet proof vests. SMH
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:28am On Jul 03, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Must you spoil your valid post by insulting our President? olodo

I say the point you made is valid because in February this year, two suspected Boko Haram members were arrested by the Nigeria Army at the Defence Industrial Companies of Nigeria, Kakuri, Kaduna. Boko Haram members who were not caught must have made away with explosives, guns, and other weapons. Now they will have access to bullet proof vests. SMH

So are you saying that if he hadnt commisioned the building, Boko Haram would not have the address or would not breach the compound or what?!

Please explain
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by nduchucks: 10:02am On Jul 03, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

So are you saying that if he hadnt commisioned the building, Boko Haram would not have the address or would not breach the compound or what?!

Please explain

No sir, I was simply responding to the post I quoted. What you posted above does not make sense, really. BH breached the security of the compound long before the commisioning. They've probably been stealing from DICON even before GEJ took office.

I am not one of those who criticizes and disrespects our President without reason.
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:39am On Jul 03, 2012
ndu_chucks:

No sir, I was simply responding to the post I quoted. What you posted above does not make sense, really. BH breached the security of the compound long before the commisioning. They've probably been stealing from DICON even before GEJ took office.

I am not one of those who criticizes and disrespects our President without reason.

Was only trying to get a clearer view of your line of thought..

Its cool.. Carry on!!
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by ubandire(m): 10:55am On Jul 03, 2012
Sun of god: Public Private Partnership - Isn't that what Otedola and Lawan were involved in?

What a pathetic scheme - and how much has it cost?

How much of Nigeria's money went into it? Who stands to benefit - Nigerians or the Private company involved?

Ridiculous idea - They should have just imported the things from China - at around $5 per vest.

Once again Nigerians are being swindled.

If anything they should make and distribute bomb proof vests to the general public - as they are the main victims on the terrorism that exists in Nigeria.

GEJ - You may fool a few, but you dont fool the masses.

Cronyism at its worst,

This is about the dumbest thing I've heard in recent times?do u even know how much importation costs Nigeria and the effect on Naira to Dollar?how many countries in the world still depend on importation talkless of military hardware.

Same reason why i wouldn't tow the line of this blind and cruel critics,cos they are never happy when govt makes a great achievement,they seem to forget that this is our country not GEJ's private company and that we should help in it's building and not destruction.

Finally I applaud the GEJ administration for another landmark achievement,this comes on the heels of unveiling the first locally made APC, and pray that he would continue with his good efforts of transforming the country in general.
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by TheMatrix3: 11:11am On Jul 03, 2012
jmaine:

Your post epitomizes foolishness . . . .redeem yourself by saying something reasonable next time . . .

Whats foolish abt what I wrote? angry. believe me, you dont wanna be in my bad books wink
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by tlops(m): 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2012
not Kaduna..such sensitive projects are better in the south...IMO.
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Revolutnz: 1:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
Next is to commission a bom.b factory in Maiduguri (BH Hqts)

1 Like

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by bizgynbala(m): 2:30pm On Jul 03, 2012
[quote author=Billyonaire] I remember you, you used to insult Yaradua very well, now its GEJ turn, you have commenced your insults, the question is, which president will you not insult ? Very soon, your junior in school will become President and you will still stay poor and insult him.....what a waste.[/quote
Think well... Work well ... Get accolades... Retarded thinking.... No results ... Get barrage of insults and probably a kick in the *#*#..... Poverty is a state of mind... Guessed ure so engrossed in it that the first thing that comes to your mind is being poor... Go get a life... Besides GEJ needs slow retarded dunces like YOU!!!
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by Lakayana: 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2012
chemashie:
You mean say gej na mumu at d same time C-in-C?
No i mean chemashie is the mumu and commander of rubbish.
Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by naptu2: 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2012
Pictures from DICON's photo gallery http://www.dicon.gov.ng/galleries.html
Zimbio http://www.zimbio.com/Nigeria/articles/4A064mlNJcX/Goodluck+Jonathan+Launches+Bullet+Proof+Factory
And other websites.

1) A Nigerian Army soldier  fully kitted with Bullet Proof Vest produced by DICON - Marom Dolphin Company (Nig) Limited in our factory in Kaduna.

2) Same as above

3) The former Honourable Minister of Defence, Dr. Haliru Mohammed and his entourage inspecting DICON's military products in company of DG - DICON & other Senior Military Officers

4) DG DICON Maj Gen SU Labaran signing the Joint Venture Agreement (JVA) between DICON and Marom Dolphin (Nig) Ltd on January 24, 2012 for the establishment and operation of a Ballistic Vest Factory in Kaduna

5) DG DICON, Maj Gen SU Labaran, President Goodluck Jonathan, Kaduna State Governor, Patrick Yakowa and Minister of State for Defence, Erelu Obada inspect rifles.

6) DG DICON, Maj Gen SU Labaran, President Goodluck Jonathan, Minister of State for Defence, Erelu Obada and Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshal Oluseyi Petinrin.

7) Minister of State for Defence, Chief of Army Staff and Governor of Kaduna welcome President Jonathan.

cool Governor of Kaduna, President of Nigeria, Chief of Army Staff and Chief of Defence Staff.

9)

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by naptu2: 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2012

Re: GEJ Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna by naptu2: 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2012
From DICON's website.

Recent Development:

The Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON) and Marom Dolphin (Nig) Ltd have signed a Joint Venture Agreement (JVA) for the establishment and operation of a Ballistic Vest Factory in Kaduna - Nigeria. For details, please forward your enquiry to our email: contact.hq@dicon.gov.ng or contact the Commercial Dept at DICON HQ, 45 Ahmadu Bello Way Kaduna.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday / 2023: Nothing Wrong With Muslim-muslim Ticket - Tanko Yakassai / Bola Tinubu Congratulates Kenya’s President-Elect, Williams Ruto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.