Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,104 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out - Education (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out (300837 Views)

UI And OAU Postgraduate Application For 2013/2014 Academic Session / HELP DESK...OAU Postgraduate Harmattan Admission For 2012/13. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (134) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by segoslavia(m): 9:44am On Apr 08, 2016
Botov:
I know someone who has been admitted and given a student account number but hasn't received his admission letter. What could be the cause and what should he do? Though it's less than a week that he saw admitted on his application status o. Pls,advise

Please make sure d email address you used to register is correct.... and you should check your spam to be sure you dont have it yet, sometimes important mails go into spam. If you still dont have it by monday, then i advise you get to the pg college to complain.
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by segoslavia(m): 9:47am On Apr 08, 2016
Legendre2:

Identical to my case, though I'm in Physics.
Please just be patient... maybe they have not done your dept yet...
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by segoslavia(m): 9:51am On Apr 08, 2016
Hollarbeece:
i'm having d same problem too.

Please check your spam mail to be sure...
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by segoslavia(m): 10:10am On Apr 08, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
if you don't mind I will like to ask some question?.....how easy was it for you to finish msc last year and enrol immediately for phd?....do you have a rsearch topic before or were you given by your lecturers?....are. You working because I know phd is quite expensive so how do you hope to fund it?..how easy was it for you to see a supervisor immediately because I learn its not that easy even if you have a good topic..thanks

Hmmmmm... well in oau you can apply for Phd once your msc result has been approved by the senate. Mine was approved a week after admission open, so it was easy to apply.
Phd admission process is relative to departmental procedures... my dept didnt not demand me to present a research topic during the admission process, plus i finished my msc in d same dept, so they know my capabilities already, because i have ad to present papers in the dept b4... and my msc supervisor has also agreed to supervise my msc, so it was easy for them to make the decision, (which included mi writing an entrance examination tho). Some dept write exams and do interviews before they make their decision. Thats when they ask about your proposed research topic among other questions.
On your question about how easy it is to see ma supervisor, well one advantage of having done my msc is that you get to know and understand how each lecturer take their graduate student serious and their abilities/character, so you can know who to approach to be your supervisor, then you guys can agree on a plan to work with throughout the research stages.
The best thing about oau pg programme is that they give you flexibility on how you pay your fees, you can also apply for research grant too... but your supervisor and Hod must be ready to support this all the way, my former roommate got a research grant right after his msc... even when he was yet to get admission for his phd, thats because his dept helped him... your research proposal must be really good tho...
I hope i answered all your questions?
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by segoslavia(m): 10:13am On Apr 08, 2016
gracefulpillar:

I applied for African History, pls do u havean idea if they easily give admission? av been recommended by faculty but so scared if PG will approve,all my documents have been submitted to PG and department

Dont be afraid once you have done all things right... just have faith.
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by babyfaceafrica: 10:36am On Apr 08, 2016
segoslavia:

Hmmmmm... well in oau you can apply for Phd once your msc result has been approved by the senate. Mine was approved a week after admission open, so it was easy to apply.
Phd admission process is relative to departmental procedures... my dept didnt not demand me to present a research topic during the admission process, plus i finished my msc in d same dept, so they know my capabilities already, because i have ad to present papers in the dept b4... and my msc supervisor has also agreed to supervise my msc, so it was easy for them to make the decision, (which included mi writing an entrance examination tho). Some dept write exams and do interviews before they make their decision. Thats when they ask about your proposed research topic among other questions.
On your question about how easy it is to see ma supervisor, well one advantage of having done my msc is that you get to know and understand how each lecturer take their graduate student serious and their abilities/character, so you can know who to approach to be your supervisor, then you guys can agree on a plan to work with throughout the research stages.
The best thing about oau pg programme is that they give you flexibility on how you pay your fees, you can also apply for research grant too... but your supervisor and Hod must be ready to support this all the way, my former roommate got a research grant right after his msc... even when he was yet to get admission for his phd, thats because his dept helped him... your research proposal must be really good tho...
thanks for taking out time to answer my question...some more please....how much do you think it will cost you till you finish you phd and how many years does it take?...are you doing any other job to bring income and upgrade ur finances or its just full time phd?...I hope to collect masters form by june at UI..mainly because they offer my preferred course Linguistics ..my first degree was at Unilag..could have stayed there,but I don't like monotomy,variety is the spice of life also Unilag,UI and Oau are the best university in this country right now...just offer me some advise on how you scaled through with distinction in your masters amid the ferocious ife lecturers..God bless
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by PreanceMapiae(m): 11:48am On Apr 08, 2016
Johnnyhardex:

No one is certain because there are 'rumour' that ASUU are demanding for 56 working days' leave starting from 24th of April (our expected resumption date)
thanks...a lot!!!
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by Johnnyhardex(m): 12:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
PreanceMapiae:

thanks...a lot!!!

You welcome... Let us keep fingers crossed and hope for the best
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by olatricia(m): 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2016
Hello o Eyin Agba,

Please, am a complete novice yet I want to run an MSc program at OAU. Please, help with advice. My preferred course of study is Economics. How do I go about this. Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 08, 2016
www.nairaland.com/3036916/buy-oau-post-utme-past if you think it is a scam, no problem but I hope you help yourself
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2016
www.nairaland.com/3036916/buy-oau-post-utme-past if you think it is a scam, no problem
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by segoslavia(m): 12:36am On Apr 09, 2016
olatricia:
Hello o Eyin Agba,

Please, am a complete novice yet I want to run an MSc program at OAU. Please, help with advice. My preferred course of study is Economics. How do I go about this. Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Hmmmmm... Economics is one of the most difficult dept to get admission in oau... u need a good undergrad result,, pass the entrance exam and interview.
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by gracefulpillar: 11:38am On Apr 10, 2016
segoslavia:

Dont be afraid once you have done all things right... just have faith.
THANKS!!I just got approved by the PG board. av been given a student account and admission letter. Pls what next?
after this, will there be any screening? if yes!!! what are the requirements? and hope there is nothing like termination of the admission bc of documents. Anticipating ur reply
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by abiketomi: 4:31pm On Apr 10, 2016
[quote author=Hollarbeece post=44065579] that's gud, what step r u naw or have u bn given ur admission letter?
No... are u for education too? And have u been given admission letter?
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by abiketomi: 4:55pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hollarbeece:
i'm having d same problem too.
I have not even been given student acct number sef. Chai! Talkless of admission letter
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by gracefulpillar: 10:02am On Apr 11, 2016
segoslavia:

please l need help!!av been approved by PG,given student account and av received my admission letter. pls what next,
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by papyskinsy: 8:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
gracefulpillar:

THANKS!!I just got approved by the PG board. av been given a student account and admission letter. Pls what next?
after this, will there be any screening? if yes!!! what are the requirements? and hope there is nothing like termination of the admission bc of documents. Anticipating ur reply

i knw yu er happy.. jus keep calm
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by gracefulpillar: 7:59am On Apr 12, 2016
papyskinsy:

i knw yu er happy.. jus keep calm
l need reply abeg
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by gracefulpillar: 8:00am On Apr 12, 2016
gracefulpillar:

please l need help!!av been approved by PG,given student account and av received my admission letter. pls what next,
Anticipating ur response
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by PreanceMapiae(m): 9:12am On Apr 12, 2016
gracefulpillar:
Anticipating ur response
chill and wait till the portal is open

1 Like

Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by ruqs: 8:44am On Apr 13, 2016
Pls does OAU offers Post graduate diploma in Law.thanks
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by segoslavia(m): 8:58am On Apr 14, 2016
gracefulpillar:

Just relax... Start getting ur self ready to resume. The pg portal to pay school fees is not up yet, probably till when the new semester begins, which we still don't know now. There is no more screening, u will just need to go register at ur dept once the school resume, so that u can meet others and link up with ur classes. All the best.
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by tallsalako: 9:03am On Apr 14, 2016
ruqs:

No, I don't think so. This is their law faculty available prog.

Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by segoslavia(m): 9:06am On Apr 14, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
thanks for taking out time to answer my question...some more please....how much do you think it will cost you till you finish you phd and how many years does it take?...are you doing any other job to bring income and upgrade ur finances or its just full time phd?...I hope to collect masters form by june at UI..mainly because they offer my preferred course Linguistics ..my first degree was at Unilag..could have stayed there,but I don't like monotomy,variety is the spice of life also Unilag,UI and Oau are the best university in this country right now...just offer me some advise on how you scaled through with distinction in your masters amid the ferocious ife lecturers..God bless

The cost of Phd is a bit high, so yes u need a job to help you with it. Even tho Phd is said to be full time, but it is flexible enough to allow u work and study, the program is a bit capital intensive so u have to have a source of income. Phd duration is btw 3-5yrs... Depending on u, ur research, ur supervisor and the pg college design.
I really don't know much about UI, so I really can't give u much advise about them, except their program is quite tasking and u get to finish on time unlike oau (for masters).
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by segoslavia(m): 9:07am On Apr 14, 2016
ruqs:

No they don't. Sorry
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by babyfaceafrica: 10:30am On Apr 14, 2016
segoslavia:

The cost of Phd is a bit high, so yes u need a job to help you with it. Even tho Phd is said to be full time, but it is flexible enough to allow u work and study, the program is a bit capital intensive so u have to have a source of income. Phd duration is btw 3-5yrs... Depending on u, ur research, ur supervisor and the pg college design.
I really don't know much about UI, so I really can't give u much advise about them, except their program is quite tasking and u get to finish on time unlike oau (for masters).
your last statement is funny..oau dey delay pg sef...lolz....thanks for your time
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by ikubch(m): 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2016
where is everybody?
why the lull?
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by tallsalako: 5:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
ikubch:
where is everybody?
why the lull?

....lol, we go hustle for tuition fee ni b4 school go resume.
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by papyskinsy: 10:57am On Apr 16, 2016
who has paid acceptance fee??
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by honsaint(m): 8:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
Someone (Part 4 undergraduate) told me, he heard they are resuming JUNE. That it is likely our (PG) resumption date too. Pls how true is it
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by segoslavia(m): 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
honsaint:
Someone (Part 4 undergraduate) told me, he heard they are resuming JUNE. That it is likely our (PG) resumption date too. Pls how true is it

It's all still speculations... but there's always some element of truth...
Re: Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out by segoslavia(m): 9:51pm On Apr 17, 2016
papyskinsy:
who has paid acceptance fee??

Nobody... just calm down till u hear RESUME!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (134) (Reply)

Names Of Tuition Free Universities In Norway, Canada And Sweden / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.