Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Do you Remember Or Used This? - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do you Remember Or Used This? (28739 Views)

If You Used This Olympic Exercise Book, Please Go And Marry (Photo) / Names Of Noise Makers: Do You Remember This??? (pix) / Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2012
Our macmillan most remembered comprehension in yoruba is

Iya kunla nta paanu
Baba kunle nwa trailer
Kunle nta kolo
Aja meeji sunsile
Baagi meeji wanile
Kunle ngbe kolo lo sinu motor.

Hope I remember cos its been like 24 years ago I read it

2 Likes

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2012
pato405: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

the period of fifty kobo and one naira note meant so much

when you'll chase after grass-hoppers, catch them diving like you are in the middle of a james bond movie and amputate them cruely grin grin grin throw them in a transparent nylon and make them entertain you... grin grin grin grin

oh yes!! I did that too. And we competed amongst ourselves by getting our grasshoppers to fight

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by xavier3(m): 12:25pm On Jul 06, 2012
Assuming na yankee dis kain book dey, all those artifact collectors for don bid huge amount for this book if dem fit see clean copy

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by biolanurat: 12:30pm On Jul 06, 2012
@ OP. Thanxs 4 dis. U really made my day. I wish I could turn back d hands of time. Kids of these days are really missin out.
I remembered "ten- ten" , catching of termites @ nite during rainin season & yabbings lik "U mess all d fishes in river niger say alleiluyah." Loling

2 Likes

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by temi4fash(m): 12:36pm On Jul 06, 2012
mehn is so so cool..Got me remembering the good old days wen i had ntin to think abt
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by gigabytes: 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2012
Mehn, na my exercise book be that o. wow. I remember free education (Awolowo lo le she) meaning Free Education can only come from Awolowo. I remember my teacher distributing it to us when we are waiting for Free Education Exercise book. wow. Thanks for the pics.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by flakkybee(f): 12:54pm On Jul 06, 2012
So U̶̲̥̅̊ mean nobody here remember yoruba version of ONWARD BIG NOTE " Ole Ni Wale Aji Ruler Dada very funny T̶̲̥̅ơ̴͡ us then

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Orikinla(m): 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2012
Nawao!
That was in the 1970s and early 1980s.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2012
Nostalgia.. Lol

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 06, 2012
Mcfemad: Gone are the days...How many of you remembered or used this?
On this same exercise book, I chop series of knocks on the head from my father during some home assignments. 1 X 1..1, 2 X 2..4,.... 5 X 6.em em . Olodo ni e.. cheesy God, can't ever forget the knocks.. grin

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by kokomuolo: 1:39pm On Jul 06, 2012
cosmatika: Yes. We used to think dat d pix is dat of d devil lying dead. Hw tym flies

EXACTLY!! you took it from me grin [b][/b]
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by echobee(f): 1:41pm On Jul 06, 2012
true talk
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by kokomuolo: 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2012
GudluckIBB: This exercise book reminds me of my primary school,Ugbowo primary school in Benin City.
It also reminds me of my wicked teacher,Mrs OMoregie who used to give me melon to crack while mates are playing football during break time.
It reminds me of bons and head of fish
It reminds me of agidi jollof
It reminds me of mama omoma rice with bonga fish
It also reminds me of how I use to steal my mum's money to patronise mama Omoma becos I cudnt just resist the Aroma emanating from her Stew.
It also reminds me of my old friends,Clement ikhayere,Courage ugiagbe,Itohan Ugiabge,Iyobo Agho,Osaretin Iguodala and Gladys Ojokoh.we are share same kpako seat then.
Above all,this exercise book will always remind me of MR P.C.just for no reason,u will be floging me.U will ask me to pick pin or do touch your toe.I swear!anywere I catch you for this Lagos,I go pay you back.U shud be around 60years now,but anytime I see you now,I go provoke I swear!!!!!!!

Na im be if he neva die
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2012
It reminds me of Nasco biscuits days, Olu goes to School.. Nigeria don spoil.. cheesy
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by jslimz(f): 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2012
yeah!! I used dose in d 90's. How time flies.
Fond old memories
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2012
Reference: Let me try and expand on this using one factor - education. In the pre and post independence period Nigeria had very highly educated and informed people but in very few numbers. You can score this 3. In the seventies and eighties education deepened and widened. A lot more people had access and the quality was quite decent. A score of 5. Post eighties there has been a deluge of people seeking education and information has exploded, reaching more people than ever before. Unfortunately the quality is simply atrocious. So in terms of the quantum effect we have gone back to a score of 3.

So we have not progressed at all and we see the effects everyday.

This is very true.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by msl7(m): 3:17pm On Jul 06, 2012
yes i did.....very funny pic for year i wonder what kinda pic this was on the exercise book....it was when i grew up i could place it....and it came from china...olympic
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 06, 2012
Yeah... Olympic exercise book!! Reminds me of Okin "square" biscuit and got me smiling.. Me sef don old o...
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Mcfemad(m): 3:54pm On Jul 06, 2012
Glad to know i actually made many Nairalanders smiling with this thread. Good to know we have appreciable number of matured adults on Nairaland contrary to belief that Nairaland if full of 'kids'. I remembered my private primary school teacher(now late) taught me how to write with the 2D format of the exercise book, I can't imagine those knocks on my head then If I dare make mistakes. Oh no, the good times... God have mercy on Nigeria and bring back our lost glory!

This is what we now have in our educational institutions:

2 Likes

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by dasparrow: 4:31pm On Jul 06, 2012

Oh yes I do. That is what I used in elementary school. Those were the good ole days. I miss the Nigeria of back then. No boko haram and bomb blasts. As children we played outside or went to hunt pidgeons. How did our current world become so bad Lord? undecided
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by dasparrow: 4:34pm On Jul 06, 2012
Mcfemad: Glad to know i actually made many Nairalanders smiling with this thread. Good to know we have appreciable number of matured adults on Nairaland contrary to belief I remembered my private primary school teacher(now late) taught me how to write with the 2D format of the exercise book, I can't imagine those knocks on my head then If I dare make mistakes. Oh no, the good times... God have mercy on Nigeria and bring back our lost glory!

This is what we now have in our educational institutions:

Oh yes, you sure brought back memories. I will give anything to bring those good days back but alas they are seemingly gone for good.

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2012
D.pinaku:

My version was actually
Ede times Ede
Rice Customer Iya
Segun Ede bons
O O Kola.
We used Ere Times Ere, Remi Koni Iya Segun Elere Boolu Odabo Odabo Kayode...talking of years 97 thru 2K4, Good old days.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by oldlord(m): 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2012
Ejiné: Edeh Times Edeh.
Rice. Customer.
I Saw Edeh.
Beans.
Oloko-Oloko Kids

grin grin grin
u must once be a student in Enugu during ur primary sch days. thats was my favorite at Zik Avenue primary sch
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by meetmeonline: 5:55pm On Jul 06, 2012
Rice. Customer.
I Saw Edeh.
Beans.
Oloko-Oloko Kids

grin grin grin

Ede time Ede rice customer I see Ede bean oloko oloko kerosine....hahahahaha

I used to ask my mum if the person was dead or sleeping
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Gentleboby: 6:02pm On Jul 06, 2012
NAIRALANDER KEEP MOVING
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by alexleo(m): 6:27pm On Jul 06, 2012
Beautiful memories.....i used it. Smillng..... grin
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Xionez(m): 8:04pm On Jul 06, 2012
Yes O.
The day is bright
Its bright as day
O happy day
A day of joy
The day is bright
Its bright as day
Come to read and write
[Mama Jallof rice] <--- you add this if u had it for breakfast or if that's what's in your foodflask. grin

Come to school
You lazy GIRLS (BOYS if you're a girl)
You lazy GIRLS (BOYS)
You lazy GIRLS (BOYS)
Come to school
You lazy GIRLS (BOYS)
Come to read and write.

This last chorus was my favourite cuz we tried to drown out the chanting of girls so that our teachers will think they are the lazy bunch. grin grin

Really, times fly but the brain remembers.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by davechika(m): 8:21pm On Jul 06, 2012
Reference: Nice way of aging various posters and contributors so we know those not worth responding to purely on account of immaturity.
Right on target my broda,u simply got what i was thinking as am goin tru these thread,u could notice that all those tribalists,juveniles responses and replies nairaland ids have suddenly gone extinct on this thread.this thread could be my Reference point in responding to any nairaland id's on certain threads cos u dont respond to kids and juveniles.

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by davechika(m): 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2012
[quote author=rx steve] We used Ere Times Ere, Remi Koni Iya Segun Elere Boolu Odabo Odabo Kayode...talking of years 97 thru 2K4, Good old days.[quote]

anything later than 1992 should not be considered old days....y 1992 u may ask...yes i cant forget easily the peoples choice mko abiola,nigeria shortest serving president (if this ibb allowed him,i think we could still be seeing most of these stuffs even now,RIP MKO Abiola the only popular and most generous millionaire nigeria had).
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by tete7000(m): 8:56pm On Jul 06, 2012
I remember very well. I used it in the 80s.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by youngmula1(m): 9:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
Rice. Customer.
I Saw Edeh.
Beans.
Oloko-Oloko Kids

grin grin grin

U were obviously 'bota'...more like

Ede times Ede,Remi Coni(Koni) Iya,Segun Elere Bolu(Ball),
Odabo Odabo Kayode
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Akanniade(m): 9:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
The 2B brings back childhood fears. I especially dreaded 2A the one used for ishiro. My mum flogged the living daylight out of me cos I was dull in maths then. Larcombe was my worst enemy. Thanks to Mr Adeleke in festac then, me and maths became friends in pry 5.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Yusuf Ololade Faidat Of UNILORIN Clinches 19 Prizes At Convocation / I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? / Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.