Stats: 3,194,551 members, 7,955,053 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:30 PM

Do you Remember Or Used This? - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do you Remember Or Used This? (29316 Views)

If You Used This Olympic Exercise Book, Please Go And Marry (Photo) / Names Of Noise Makers: Do You Remember This??? (pix) / Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by blacklake1(f): 10:16pm On Jul 06, 2012
Smiling... Dis pic is bringin back d memories of dose days wen de used 2 force me n ma siblings 2 go 2 school, nd dad used 2 give all of money 2 buy okin biscuit 4 snacks dat we usually finished b4 gettin 2 school. Life was swt den. Can't stop smiling (sheepishly)

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by lanred81: 11:18pm On Jul 06, 2012
Omg! I feel cryin.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by realghy(m): 1:23am On Jul 07, 2012
grin EXERCISE BOOK
Ede X Ede Remy Koni Iya Segun Elere Ball Odabo odabo Kayoda
hum so funny
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by VULCAN(m): 1:43am On Jul 07, 2012
Life took a very sudden and very dramatic turn for the worse. Life will never be dat simple and idyllic again.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ceaser: 2:40am On Jul 07, 2012
masterpiecer:

the one i love d most was the song at the end of the semenster:
[size=18pt]
Holiday is coming
holiday is coming
no more teacher's bell
no more *sometin sometin sometin* (cant remeber)
teachers goodbye
scholars goodbye
i am going to spend my darling holiday[/size]
♫Holiday is coming X2ice
No more morning bell
No more teacher's stick
Good bye teachers, good bye fellas
I am going home
My jolly holiday X3♫

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ceaser: 2:59am On Jul 07, 2012
INFO70: I used it without minding the poor drawing on the cover page cheesy
Eeeya. Silly you. You really missed out then, passing thru the book without letting that book pass thru you. grin. Unfortunately na one time chance otherwise I coulda advised that you negotiate your way back to the basics.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ceaser: 3:05am On Jul 07, 2012
Clemzy16: Yeah! I remember.. Also, the 2a book that has the picture of okocha, and
kanu.. Maybe taribo west inclusive. Can't really
remember.
Reference:

No Sir. You're not of that generation.
grin. In fact most likely your okocha and kanu never even comot inside belle that time sef. Abi maybe your memory don dey scrambled? Se you go like flash am? grin. Taribo west ke? Sho, na wa for una o!
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ceaser: 3:13am On Jul 07, 2012
nuelle: Oh wow!! As a kid, I had always wondered who arranged such complex and difficult multiplication tables behind that book!!! It made me scared of the back of the book... shocked
Lol. You go be olodo that time be that o. grin.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ceaser: 3:20am On Jul 07, 2012
Fairgodwin: Funny enough, my mother still sells this (exercise) book (in her shop).
cheesy. WTF. D'you know what you're saying dude? Are you in this realm at all? grin.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by tutulicious(f): 3:48am On Jul 07, 2012
when i saw d tread on the front page, i jos knew you were refering to this exercise book. Remembered when i had to wait for my hand to grow over my head and touch my ears on the other side, so i had no option but watch my elder sisters brandish dis exercise book or listen while momsy read "tea with out sugar" to us, the english reader that talked about policeman cant really remember the story now.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by isalegan2: 5:03am On Jul 07, 2012
dasparrow:

Oh yes I do. That is what I used in elementary school. Those were the good ole days. I miss the Nigeria of back then. No boko haram and bomb blasts. As children we played outside or went to hunt pidgeons. How did our current world become so bad Lord? undecided

what did you do with the pigeons once you caught them? shocked we used to go to the pond behind a methodist primary school in surulere and catch frogs; we let them go right away. frogs are slippery, but not ugly like toads.

on topic, i used that workbook, and never could figure out the drawing of the dude laying down. now, i'm more curious about the artist. btw, i don't know all these "ede. . . ere. . .iya kayode" crap you all are reciting. tongue any lagosians in the house do that? hmmm. i'm scared i'll figure out it was after, i mean, before my time. undecided embarassed
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by adsega(m): 5:33am On Jul 07, 2012
O boy!... Reminiscence mode activated ~
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by 6packs: 9:43am On Jul 07, 2012
Lol,it took me a long while to actually figure what d on d cover was doing..i didnt know he was high jumper.good old days kai
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by eherbal(m): 11:01am On Jul 07, 2012
:Doooooooohh,nostalgia!Thank God we're still alive to witness it's memorial
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Fairgodwin(m): 2:06am On Jul 08, 2012
ceaser: cheesy. WTF. D'you know what you're saying dude? Are you in this realm at all? grin.
Bro, it's not a joke. Am a full grown adult, but I can tell you for free, that my very mother still sells them in her shop, in her village.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Tinkybabe(f): 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2012
apocalypse: And yes how can I forget my S.O.P ( Songs of praise ) , my favourite hymnal back then was

All things bright and beautiful
all creatures great and small
all things wise and wonderful
the Lord God made them all

He gave us eyes to see them
and lips that we might tell
how great is God all mighty
who has made all things well

Can't remember the verses in between

omg! This brings nostalgic memories of my childhood(primary school)..what primary school did you attend?
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Jumaisha(f): 7:00pm On Aug 06, 2012
Gone are those days
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ArcBishopmarie(m): 9:48am On Aug 22, 2014
Hahahahaha... Gat me smilling. Da good old days, Kids of nowadays: u guys are missing things.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Juvechelsea96(m): 8:09am On May 30
aryzgreat:
i remember my macmillian english book then about KONKI AND BINTU! grin
Konky and Tinka, Ali and Simbi and Bintu.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak In University Of Uyo female hostel . (pictures) / Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns / OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US