Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Do you Remember Or Used This? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do you Remember Or Used This? (28679 Views)

If You Used This Olympic Exercise Book, Please Go And Marry (Photo) / Names Of Noise Makers: Do You Remember This??? (pix) / Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by slap1(m): 9:05pm On Jul 05, 2012
Hmm. . .my home work book in nursery and primary school. I remember we interpreted the OLYMPIC as Olu Leave Your Mother, Police Is Coming. Can't help but smile. . . Back in the days of Nasco biscuits and Chi-Chi sweets!

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ACM10: 9:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
beeola: 30 days has september
,april junne n november
all the rest ve 31days
except feb whch has. . . .
errrr
i don forget the remaining

28 days clear
and 29 days in each leap year

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by rexfada(m): 9:07pm On Jul 05, 2012
Bright2: Yes! Those days when education was stressful & fearful.
Bright2: Yes! Those days when education was stressful & fearful.
i dey tell u
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by juman(m): 9:07pm On Jul 05, 2012
I also remember. Many thought that time that nigeria future would be "paradise" but the greedy "leaders" turn nigeria to hell.

No to one nigeria.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Jabioro: 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2012
Wa oh! Of long long days as my body would put it.Old memories.2A,2B,2C,2A and 2H,can any of u still remeber? Ten cent metre=...after assembly.d cova of dat exicise save alot of us frm mr.AYELOJA.

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by drzed: 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2012
beeola: 30 days has september
,april junne n november
all the rest ve 31days
except feb whch has errrr
i don forget the remaining

30 days hath September
April, June and November
All the rest have 31 days
Except February alone
Which has 28 days clear
And 29 days in each leap year.

....something like that.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Ejine(m): 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2012
The side I loved the most was the length/distance metric table.

10 millimetres make one centimetre
10 centimetres make one decimetre
10 decimetres make one metre

But dem get this particular boy in my class called Ekene. When reciting, he mixed up the metres with the gramms.
In his own version, 1000 kilometres make one tonne undecided

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by strangest(m): 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2012
The picture is Emmanuel Ifeajuna when he earned for himself the honour of being the first black African to win a gold medal when he won the high jump in Canada at the Commonwealth Games in 1954.

6 Likes

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Okaakoko(m): 9:12pm On Jul 05, 2012
D.pinaku:

My version was actually
Ede times Ede
Rice Customer Iya
Segun Ede bons
O O Kola.
I still remember. ede times ede remi koni iya segun elere ball odabo odabo kayode. That was how we used to read it then. But one funny thing about me is that i still used to recite this, whenever i am to write the word ''EXERCISE'' I cant just spell the word without reciting ede X ede.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by hagma37yahoocom: 9:14pm On Jul 05, 2012
Mcfemad: Gone are the days...How many of you remembered or used this?
i love this post i just cant stop smiling the bookshop, it location everything is now as if it never hapen before
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 05, 2012
Yes I do, I remember lol
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Tedyk(m): 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2012
W.T.F,ao did u cum across dis?
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2012
God, see how time runs, my primary 2 exercise book.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by joycexz(f): 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2012
Are you serious? I never knew that. Thanks for the info. Makes lots of sense now.

strangest:
The picture is Emmanuel Ifeajuna when he earned for himself the honour of being the first black African to win a gold medal when he won the high jump in Canada at the Commonwealth Games in 1954.

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by GudluckIBB(m): 9:18pm On Jul 05, 2012
This exercise book reminds me of my primary school,Ugbowo primary school in Benin City.
It also reminds me of my wicked teacher,Mrs OMoregie who used to give me melon to crack while mates are playing football during break time.
It reminds me of bons and head of fish
It reminds me of agidi jollof
It reminds me of mama omoma rice with bonga fish
It also reminds me of how I use to steal my mum's money to patronise mama Omoma becos I cudnt just resist the Aroma emanating from her Stew.
It also reminds me of my old friends,Clement ikhayere,Courage ugiagbe,Itohan Ugiabge,Iyobo Agho,Osaretin Iguodala and Gladys Ojokoh.we are share same kpako seat then.
Above all,this exercise book will always remind me of MR P.C.just for no reason,u will be floging me.U will ask me to pick pin or do touch your toe.I swear!anywere I catch you for this Lagos,I go pay you back.U shud be around 60years now,but anytime I see you now,I go provoke I swear!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by yamunla(m): 9:20pm On Jul 05, 2012
Ejiné: The side I loved the most was the length/distance metric table.

10 millimetres make one centimetre
10 centimetres make one decimetre
10 decimetres make one metre

But dem get this particular boy in my class called Ekene. When reciting, he mixed up the metres with the gramms.
In his own version, 1000 kilometres make one tonne undecided
choiiii,Mr faribudo kill me before I sabi this stuff...ah faribudo,anywhere u dey..,U go Relegate ni oooo
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ikachi1: 9:22pm On Jul 05, 2012
Haba! Cane wen man chop for yash for tearing the cover of this exercise book no be small. I was forced to take every new one to my teacher uncle to fold it with an old newspaper. I think we use to have different ones for hand writing, arithmetic and English. This note book dates back to the 60s and was by Nigeria Apex Mill if I am right. Brings back memory of "Nigeria we hail thee, our own dear native land.........."

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by Reference(m): 9:22pm On Jul 05, 2012
Nice way of aging various posters and contributors so we know those not worth responding to purely on account of immaturity.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by nelsondgod(m): 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2012
I cant but smile.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by passionate88: 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
ours in ph then we used the song to learn how to spell exercise as e= edet x = times e = edet r= rice c= customer i = I s = see e = edet...
I WAS A TINY LITTLE KID THEN... Never thought I would remember those days with a smile on my face...
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by dokunbam(m): 9:29pm On Jul 05, 2012
OMG grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by dokunbam(m): 9:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
Mcfemad: Gone are the days...How many of you remembered or used this?
2B, 2D 2A etc

2 Likes

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by okparadamian(f): 9:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
infact am enjoying dis nairaland 4 real,bcus wen i saw dis book cover my mind start rewining bk wen i was in primary skul.guy tanks 4 remembn me.
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by oubi: 9:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
Then I didn't actually know what d cover page image depicted I thot it ws all abt a dead person grin grin but with no much thot to it sha(playful head)..... grin grin
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by clemmonce(m): 9:33pm On Jul 05, 2012
did people actually use slate to write in those days ?
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ScorchedViper(m): 9:34pm On Jul 05, 2012
djojo: Ede X ede
Segun elere boolu
Odabo odabo
Kayoye

Ahh...you beat me to it.....
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ayobase(m): 9:35pm On Jul 05, 2012
CLASSMAN: ede times ede
remy koni iya
odabo odabo kayode
lol

I cant say more or less!
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by sweetpawn: 9:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
Its only now that it occurred to me that that is the picture of a pole vault jumper flying over the pole bar. At the background is the Olympic Stadium which he has jumped over?

Wow, its funny how you look at things with the eye of a child and then see how many years later, when you see the same object again, it becomes strangely different, and yet the same!

Kudos to the OP for taking us back down memory lane! wink

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by blackboi(m): 9:38pm On Jul 05, 2012
D.pinaku:

My version was actually
Ede times Ede
Rice Customer Iya
Segun Ede bons
O O Kola.
grin my version as a Kaduna student
Ede time Ede
Remi Coni Iya Segun Elere Bo'lu
Odabo Odabo Kayodecheesy

Note: Coni = Ko ni (have not)
cheers!
Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by ayandee: 9:39pm On Jul 05, 2012
Nice memories! This book had 2A (used for dictation), 2b (used for arithmetic) and 2d (for writing) versions. I hated the 2b version used for arithmetic cos i didn't like arithmetic then.

1 Like

Re: Do you Remember Or Used This? by dnative(m): 9:39pm On Jul 05, 2012
D.pinaku:

My version was actually
Ede times Ede
Rice Customer Iya
Segun Ede bons
O O Kola.

My version then (with literal translation)

Ede times Ede (Shrimp x Shrimp)
Remi Coni Iya (Remi no get mama)
Segun Elere Bolu (Segun the footballer)
Odabo Odabo Kayode (Bye Bye Kayode)

Good ol' days grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Outrage As Teacher Attacks Little Girl In Class, Hits Her On The Head / UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) / I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.