Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October (5022 Views)

2019: Aggrieved APC, PDP Leaders Begin Merger Talks / Fg To Finalise Privatization Of Pipelines / 2015: Tinubu Meets Buhari To Begin ACN-CPC Merger Talks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Gbawe: 12:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
alj harem:

My brother, the closest thing to boko haram now is PDP. I am not wise but I know that PDP and boko haram connection is glaring.

How have they given PDP a good mouth for propaganda ?

Indeed. Those continuing to shout "CPC" and "Buhari" just appear rather confused and unable to deal with reality. When GEJ announced that Boko Haram has infiltrated all levels of his Government, I think it is clear he was not talking about Buhari and El Rufai.
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Gbawe: 1:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
texazzpete:

Oh no!! How will ACN win anything without your considerable support, Mr..

Erm, who are you again?

grin grin grin grin grin grin The ACN must be in tears now that they no longer have the support of Obama's campaigner-in-chief.
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by porka: 1:28pm On Jul 03, 2012
ambrosini593:

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/acn-cpc-to-finalise-merger-talks-october/119216/

Good for the country.

October is around the corner.

2015 is not far.

We are waiting.
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by DSoj(m): 1:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
If dis merger will take the central power "presidency" away from PDP, so be it.....som people don't undstand this political move...its not about winning elections in individual state, its about the Presidency. Haba. We don tire. 15yrs of PDP and nothing to show for it.. All de need is a combination of 2 distict young individuals as President/VP,,whoz track records can sell, not forgettin de need to reach out to the Ibo..so de need to be very careful and calculated.. PDP has failed and dis merger is worth trying.....
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by manchy7531: 2:24pm On Jul 03, 2012
Like i will always say,i dont hate yoruba people but i hate their leaders because they speak with double mouth.these are the same leaders that where threating that boko haram will split the country,OPC went on the street to protest boko haram,they even threatened retaliation when some yoruba professors were killed in a bomb attack in north,not to talk of d number of yoruba churchs, men,women,youth and children that have been killed and destroyed in the same north.what am trying to put here is the fact that, why will the SW be alligning with the North to bring down a South.am not a Jonathan fan, please dont get me wrong but, for me i believe aside the problem of PDP/Jonathan,the North is a bigger time bomb.this is the time the whole South and Middlebelt is to unite to be able to face this monster called North.Actions being taken by SW leaders is what makes other southern regions not trust the SW and also call them betrayers cos at every point in time they always betray the south.like my boss (a yoruba man) once said,that the actiöns Awo took during biafra by not allowing biafra go and the long dominance of the north,is what has slowed down the growth of a progressive south and also stunt nigeria's growth but we pretend like its not so.he based his arguement on the fact that the south is the pillar with which nigeria rest upon and if any action in favour or against the south determines our future because the north contributes nothing to nigeria,so it has nothing to loose neither those it have any interest in nigeria expect power grab and resource.in veiw of all that,what stops an ACN/APGA/DPP/LP merger and then CPC can join if they want but they should be made to be a minority in the decision making process of the merger?there the interest of south will be protected first.if things continue the way its going,as we are not sure if nigeria will out live 2015,i see the biafran situation where the battle will be between the SE/SS/MD against the SW/NE/NW and the battle ground will be the west.cos they will have to pay for their continous sellout of the south to the islamic north.am not a jonathan fan but i will say it anywhere that jonathan/PDP is not our problem rather the north because other parties have not shown that they are a better alternative to PDP and dont forget,most of the opposition party leaders were once PDP members or have had deals with PDP or were once public office holder with nothing to show and were corrupt too in the likes of Tinubu,Bisi Akande,El Rufai,Ribadu,Peter Obi dont forget Rochas was once a PDP presidential candidate,Mimiko is silent eating his own money in ondo.All these oppositiön crooks are only angry because they have been shut out of the national cake.Finally if it is by party can somebody tell me how an Aregeshola,Agimobi,Fayemi and the rest of ACN governors asides Fashola better than TA orji or Uduaghan or george akume or babangida aliyu.0r are they better than PDP's Amaechi,Chime,Akpabio or LP's Mimiko or APGA's Rochas.like a poster earlier said,it is all about power grab and not service to the people.the only solutiön is division
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by jmaine: 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
manchy7531: Like i will always say,i dont hate yoruba people but i hate their leaders because they speak with double mouth.these are the same leaders that where threating that boko haram will split the country,OPC went on the street to protest boko haram,they even threatened retaliation when some yoruba professors were killed in a bomb attack in north,not to talk of d number of yoruba churchs, men,women,youth and children that have been killed and destroyed in the same north.what am trying to put here is the fact that, why will the SW be alligning with the North to bring down a South.am not a Jonathan fan, please dont get me wrong but, for me i believe aside the problem of PDP/Jonathan,the North is a bigger time bomb.this is the time the whole South and Middlebelt is to unite to be able to face this monster called North.Actions being taken by SW leaders is what makes other southern regions not trust the SW and also call them betrayers cos at every point in time they always betray the south.like my boss (a yoruba man) once said,that the actiöns Awo took during biafra by not allowing biafra go and the long dominance of the north,is what has slowed down the growth of a progressive south and also stunt nigeria's growth but we pretend like its not so.he based his arguement on the fact that the south is the pillar with which nigeria rest upon and if any action in favour or against the south determines our future because the north contributes nothing to nigeria,so it has nothing to loose neither those it have any interest in nigeria expect power grab and resource.in veiw of all that,what stops an ACN/APGA/DPP/LP merger and then CPC can join if they want but they should be made to be a minority in the decision making process of the merger?there the interest of south will be protected first.if things continue the way its going,as we are not sure if nigeria will out live 2015,i see the biafran situation where the battle will be between the SE/SS/MD against the SW/NE/NW and the battle ground will be the west.cos they will have to pay for their continous sellout of the south to the islamic north.am not a jonathan fan but i will say it anywhere that jonathan/PDP is not our problem rather the north because other parties have not shown that they are a better alternative to PDP and dont forget,most of the opposition party leaders were once PDP members or have had deals with PDP or were once public office holder with nothing to show and were corrupt too in the likes of Tinubu,Bisi Akande,Peter Obi dont forget Rochas was once a PDP presidential candidate,Mimiko is silent eating his own money in ondo. Finally if it is by party can somebody tell me how an Aregeshola,Agimobi,Fayemi and the rest of ACN governors asides Fashola better than TA orji or Uduaghan or george akume or babangida aliyu.0r are they better than PDP's Amaechi,Chime,Akpabio or LP's Mimiko or APGA's Rochas.like a poster earlier said,it is all about power grab and not service to the people.

Bros, stop equating ACN to the Yoruba ethnicity . . .They are two seperate entities cos not every Yoruba man belongs to the ACN . . . .

The ACN are free to merge with anyone they deem fit . .it all bores down to their acceptability among the grassroots . . .
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Akpan107(m): 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
Dr Raymond: Buhari/el-rufa/CPC are frontliners in tribalism, religious bigotry and a secret die-hard supporters and financiers of boko haram. ACN is gradually islamizing the southwest....check out all ACN states, muslims have dominated near all. From party executives to the state executives, senators, rep. members, assembly members, local govt chairmen to mention few. So ACN/CPC alliance is a calculated attempt to islamize nigeria. As for el rufai, he is a disgrace. Was he not part of the PDP govt? Was he not guning for presidency under PDP. He is an opportunist and a lousy traitor. let see how the merger will go and comr to think of it they are even planning a muslim/muslim ticket......jokers
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Akpan107(m): 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2012
Dr Raymond: Buhari/el-rufa/CPC are frontliners in tribalism, religious bigotry and a secret die-hard supporters and financiers of boko haram. ACN is gradually islamizing the southwest....check out all ACN states, muslims have dominated near all. From party executives to the state executives, senators, rep. members, assembly members, local govt chairmen to mention few. So ACN/CPC alliance is a calculated attempt to islamize nigeria. As for el rufai, he is a disgrace. Was he not part of the PDP govt? Was he not guning for presidency under PDP. He is an opportunist and a lousy traitor. let see how the merger will go and comr to think of it they are even planning a muslim/muslim ticket......jokers
My brother, forget them, Jesus will never leave us nor forsake us. God is on our side.
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Kolababa: 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
Dome people with rat brain sha.
Jonathan said boko haram has infilterated in government which id PDP government. A PDP Senator, Senator Ndume was arrested in connection with Boko Haram. Senator Ndume claimed that the Vice President is aware of his relationship with boko haram. Kabiru Sokoto was arrested in Bauchi State Governors Lodge which is a PDP State. National Security Adviser openly said Boko Haram is PDP.
And yet some fools are stil blaming Buhari for Boko Haram. Is Buhari a PDP member?
I dont even know how they passed exams in school?

1 Like

Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Gbawe: 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2012
manchy7531: Like i will always say,i dont hate yoruba people but i hate their leaders because they speak with double mouth.these are the same leaders that where threating that boko haram will split the country,OPC went on the street to protest boko haram,they even threatened retaliation when some yoruba professors were killed in a bomb attack in north,not to talk of d number of yoruba churchs, men,women,youth and children that have been killed and destroyed in the same north.what am trying to put here is the fact that, [b]why will the SW be alligning with the North to bring down a South.[/b]am not a Jonathan fan, please dont get me wrong but, for me i believe aside the problem of PDP/Jonathan,the North is a bigger time bomb.this is the time the whole South and Middlebelt is to unite to be able to face this monster called North.Actions being taken by SW leaders is what makes other southern regions not trust the SW and also call them betrayers cos at every point in time they always betray the south.like my boss (a yoruba man) once said,that the actiöns Awo took during biafra by not allowing biafra go and the long dominance of the north,is what has slowed down the growth of a progressive south and also stunt nigeria's growth but we pretend like its not so.he based his arguement on the fact that the south is the pillar with which nigeria rest upon and if any action in favour or against the south determines our future because the north contributes nothing to nigeria,so it has nothing to loose neither those it have any interest in nigeria expect power grab and resource.in veiw of all that,what stops an ACN/APGA/DPP/LP merger and then CPC can join if they want but they should be made to be a minority in the decision making process of the merger?there the interest of south will be protected first.if things continue the way its going,as we are not sure if nigeria will out live 2015,i see the biafran situation where the battle will be between the SE/SS/MD against the SW/NE/NW and the battle ground will be the west.cos they will have to pay for their continous sellout of the south to the islamic north.am not a jonathan fan but i will say it anywhere that jonathan/PDP is not our problem rather the north because other parties have not shown that they are a better alternative to PDP and dont forget,most of the opposition party leaders were once PDP members or have had deals with PDP or were once public office holder with nothing to show and were corrupt too in the likes of Tinubu,Bisi Akande,El Rufai,Ribadu,Peter Obi dont forget Rochas was once a PDP presidential candidate,Mimiko is silent eating his own money in ondo.All these oppositiön crooks are only angry because they have been shut out of the national cake.Finally if it is by party can somebody tell me how an Aregeshola,Agimobi,Fayemi and the rest of ACN governors asides Fashola better than TA orji or Uduaghan or george akume or babangida aliyu.0r are they better than PDP's Amaechi,Chime,Akpabio or LP's Mimiko or APGA's Rochas.like a poster earlier said,it is all about power grab and not service to the people.the only solutiön is division

Not this again When will you guys grow up and stop tainting everything with ethnicity - especially issues to do with pragmatic political strategizing alone? The North , for the purpose of winning votes, is still part of Nigeria unless you know something we don't. Any duly registered Party from the North can form an alliance with any Party in Nigeria if it suits a strategy that may help them gain power. Very simple and I don't see why you are turning politics into an arena of ethnicity with this your unsophisticated insinuation that the ACN should only form an alliance along ethnic lines and out of blind and bigoted solidarity with a "southern brother".

I don't know how long it will take some of you to understand that there is no Southern/Northern "brother" when it comes to the PDP and its greatest tool of looting i.e the Nigeria Presidency. The PDP only believes in reserving that post for an individual, wherever he is from, who will aid the continuation of 'business-as-usual' for a few "owners of Nigeria", from every corner of Nigeria, while majority of Nigerians, also from every corner of the Nation, enjoy poverty and deprivation.

Please learn to see the Politics of things alone and stop letting your emotion get in the way of logic.

http://sundaytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10166:cpcacn-merger-is-to-save-nigeria-osita-okechukwu&catid=54:lead-stories&Itemid=127

CPC/ACN merger is to save Nigeria -Osita Okechukwu
| Print | E-mail
Written by Muideen Olaniyi Sunday, 13 May 2012 05:03

Mr Osita Okechukwu was the governorship candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in Enugu State during the April 2011 general elections. In this exclusive interview with Sunday Trust, Okechukwu spoke extensively on recent talks on possible merger of the CPC, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and the All Nigerian Peoples Party (ANPP), among other parties. Excerpts:
Can you give an insight on the recent resumption of alliance talks between the CPC and the ACN?

The CPC set up a Renewal Committee last year to look inward to see what we did during the last general elections which we could have done differently. And this issue of alliance or merger or whatever you can call it was very topical on the agenda and luckily the leadership of the CPC and the Board of Trustees (BOT) are in support of the new move. Let’s take it that you are aware of the pregnancy that was aborted.

Let’s take it that this is the real pregnancy (laughter). We are trying to contrive a new pregnancy and we are hoping that it will be delivered safely. We regretted the abortion of the previous pregnancy between the ACN and the CPC. But in doing this now, they say, necessity is the mother of invention, General Muhammadu Buhari as a patriot and democrat and Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and his own group as patriots and democrats, they have seen what they could do differently and they said okay how do we now help Nigeria? As of today Nigeria is sliding dangerously towards a failed state. Nigeria is not a failed state yet but it is sliding towards that direction.

Is the ANPP being considered in the proposed alliance?

Yes, we are talking to them because we are saying that if we believe Nigeria has to be saved, the best way to save it (Nigeria) is through democratic court and the democratic court is through voting. And if we need votes to confront a monster that PDP has become, unveiling the Federal Government of Nigeria with the oil revenue; proceeds from the taxation; custom duties, it means the only principled maxim is that we must unite this time around. So, a large number of ACN members and a large number of CPC members agreed that there are things we could have done differently.

In 2011, it was quite clear that both the ACN and the CPC had an understanding that if they unite, they would be able to vote out PDP. But with this power sharing, we don’t know whether it is an issue now because that was what caused the collapse of the alliance?

No. It wasn’t. I will tell you what caused it. It wasn’t about power sharing. If I understand your meaning of power sharing, it is either the ACN is saying they want to be President and the CPC is saying they want to be President. Nobody did that. In all deference and honesty to the ACN, the party never did that. They knew that in political elementary analysis, the ACN is not at par with the CPC because it is a stronger party.

So, the ACN was very clear about that. Even when we were talking about the move for a mega party, nobody ever said that General Buhari would not be presidential candidate. They concede the fact that he has uncommon integrity and that he is one person who can stop corruption. Everybody agreed on that. It wasn’t part of the reasons for the collapse. The collapse happened because the General himself said that since he entered politics in 2002, some people had contrived this dangerous trend of religious bigotry. He said for God’s sake, can we escape from that? He wanted to correct that notion....By my understanding, that was what happened. So it’s not a question that the ACN said they wanted to present a presidential candidate.

But the difference now is that we agree that given the plight of Nigeria sliding dangerously towards a failed state, each person, each group should, first of all, forget about their own special interest and lay a real strategic foundation that will get the members of the CPC in Oshogbo, Ogbomosho to also key into the alliance with the members of the ACN in Oshogbo and Ogbomosho. The same thing will happen in Daura, Mubi, Oran in Akwa-Ibom and Udi Local Government. Luckily, don’t forget that CPC is a very new party, and there was 2011 election, so there wasn’t this kind of time to do a broad strategic thinking. So the good luck we have is that General Buhari has already gotten all members to agree on this position.

Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
Kolababa: Dome people with rat brain sha.
Jonathan said boko haram has infilterated in government which id PDP government. A PDP Senator, Senator Ndume was arrested in connection with Boko Haram. Senator Ndume claimed that the Vice President is aware of his relationship with boko haram. Kabiru Sokoto was arrested in Bauchi State Governors Lodge which is a PDP State. National Security Adviser openly said Boko Haram is PDP.
And yet some fools are stil blaming Buhari for Boko Haram. Is Buhari a PDP member?

What you just explained is why I fear and find it hard to trust Nigerians. They are the single most dangerous and deceptive people you can find on the face of the earth. They ignore the truth at will and spread falsities with glee. The fear of the Nigerian is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by 5avo: 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
It wil b a gud development, but who wil b d godfather btw tinubu & general.
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by delords2: 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
Now we know where their source is: The get inspired from political merger meetings and then climb our pulpits sermonizing their political hate in the name of inspired prophecy. God help us. cry
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by DSoj(m): 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2012
Me I don't understand people and all dis long long grammar essays..
/PDP has failed at the central level. I can't talk about state level cos I only know about my immediate locality and never moved by media propaganda of govs.
So far, we don't av new crops of politicians/technocrats in Nigeria, all we av is recycled leaders and god fathers..
But d issue is, therez need 4 change, and unless a new generation can arrogate a revolution, we'll keep going round in circles till dsz old men all die.
Just like America, Change is what we need.
People will be people.. There was a report that the proposed Buhari/Tinubu ticket has been droped: Good.
Let's give them chance to work out the merger, let's see their candidates (I don't believe in manifesto;' its paper work),
And for those saying CPC is synonymous to Boko Haram, de are confused and haVe not been following trends. PDP owns Boko Haram.
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Clerverly: 4:18pm On Jul 03, 2012
manchy7531: Like i will always say,i dont hate yoruba people but i hate their leaders because they speak with double mouth.these are the same leaders that where threating that boko haram will split the country,OPC went on the street to protest boko haram,they even threatened retaliation when some yoruba professors were killed in a bomb attack in north,not to talk of d number of yoruba churchs, men,women,youth and children that have been killed and destroyed in the same north.what am trying to put here is the fact that, why will the SW be alligning with the North to bring down a South.am not a Jonathan fan, please dont get me wrong but, for me i believe aside the problem of PDP/Jonathan,the North is a bigger time bomb.this is the time the whole South and Middlebelt is to unite to be able to face this monster called North.Actions being taken by SW leaders is what makes other southern regions not trust the SW and also call them betrayers cos at every point in time they always betray the south.like my boss (a yoruba man) once said,that the actiöns Awo took during biafra by not allowing biafra go and the long dominance of the north,is what has slowed down the growth of a progressive south and also stunt nigeria's growth but we pretend like its not so.he based his arguement on the fact that the south is the pillar with which nigeria rest upon and if any action in favour or against the south determines our future because the north contributes nothing to nigeria,so it has nothing to loose neither those it have any interest in nigeria expect power grab and resource.in veiw of all that,what stops an ACN/APGA/DPP/LP merger and then CPC can join if they want but they should be made to be a minority in the decision making process of the merger?there the interest of south will be protected first.if things continue the way its going,as we are not sure if nigeria will out live 2015,i see the biafran situation where the battle will be between the SE/SS/MD against the SW/NE/NW and the battle ground will be the west.cos they will have to pay for their continous sellout of the south to the islamic north.am not a jonathan fan but i will say it anywhere that jonathan/PDP is not our problem rather the north because other parties have not shown that they are a better alternative to PDP and dont forget,most of the opposition party leaders were once PDP members or have had deals with PDP or were once public office holder with nothing to show and were corrupt too in the likes of Tinubu,Bisi Akande,El Rufai,Ribadu,Peter Obi dont forget Rochas was once a PDP presidential candidate,Mimiko is silent eating his own money in ondo.All these oppositiön crooks are only angry because they have been shut out of the national cake.Finally if it is by party can somebody tell me how an Aregeshola,Agimobi,Fayemi and the rest of ACN governors asides Fashola better than TA orji or Uduaghan or george akume or babangida aliyu.0r are they better than PDP's Amaechi,Chime,Akpabio or LP's Mimiko or APGA's Rochas.like a poster earlier said,it is all about power grab and not service to the people.the only solutiön is division
p
Who Let This Dog Out cry cry
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Clerverly: 4:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
delord's:
Now we know where their source is: The get inspired from political merger meetings and then climb our pulpits sermonizing their political hate in the name of inspired prophecy. God help us. cry
One of the several laptops from Abuja. grin grin grin
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Gbawe: 4:26pm On Jul 03, 2012
kingoflag:

What you just explained is why I fear and find it hard to trust Nigerians. They are the single most dangerous and deceptive people you can find on the face of the earth. They ignore the truth at will and spread falsities with glee. The fear of the Nigerian is the beginning of wisdom.

My brother, I find that really scary about some Nigerians. For all that has been revealed, I think it is fairly obvious that it is now only unreasonable and deceptive folks who can, with a straight face, attempt to put the Boko Haram wahala at the feet of Buhari, El Rufai et al and the CPC while they dishonestly and deliberately fail to mention the PDP as the biggest sponsor of terrorism against itself. It is an open secret that Boko Haram is now a tool the PDP is using to fight itself.

Heck, even the USA predicted the PDP is prone to doing this yet some Nigerians are too deceptive and too beholden to the obdurate support of personalities to acknowledge what is obvious. Abeg, it is obvious where "true opposition" to GEJ's Presidency comes from.

http://ngmix.net/lib/vendor/web/articles/9/5764.html

IS PDP A POLITICAL PARTY OR A CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION? - By mr_mo1968_
PDP IS NOT A POLITICAL PARTY, BUT A FRACTIOUS AND OPPORTUNISTIC COALITION OF INTERESTS LISA PIASCIK

The United States does not consider the ruling Peoples Democratic Party a political party, a US diplomatic cable leaked to the whistleblowing site, Wikileaks, and made exclusively available to NEXT has shown.

Charge d affaires of the US embassy in Nigeria, Lisa Piascik, in a dispatch dated October 19, 2007, informed Washington that despite its labelling as a political party, the PDP did not meet the common western understanding of a political party.

According to Ms. Piascik, the PDP lacks key ingredients most political parties share.

After taking a swipe at the partys mission statement, the American diplomat proceeded to deliver what is probably the most scathing analysis yet of the PDP.

[size=14pt]The PDP remains an agglomeration of interest groups formed around persons of prominence and power which are loosely tied together by a desire to remain in office and maintain access to the national cake or resources of the state, Ms. Piascik declared.

The PDP remains a highly fractious and opportunistic coalition of interests. True opposition, in the form of a powerful group with access to the pillars of power, comes from within the PDP not from without as would be expected in a democratic party structure.
[/size]
She added that the party, which claims to be the biggest political platform in Africa, has no ideological consensus whatsoever and had remained divided from the start.

In a comment attached to the cable, the American diplomat said, The PDP remains a highly fractious and opportunistic coalition of interests. True opposition, in the form of a powerful group with access to the pillars of power, comes from within the PDP not from without as would be expected in a democratic party structure.

Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Delafruita(m): 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
ochi-aha:
This has always been in the pipeline for opposition parties in Nigeria, who are always trying to form a coalition party to unseat the ruling party in office. sad

Remember the second republic,UPN/NPP/GNPP/PRP against NPN, the party in government. The opposition failed to agree to a common Presidential candidate and the ruling NPN party then won with a moonslide margin of votes.

In this current 4th Republic, at the 2011 General elections, CPC and AC, the opposition parties failed to produce a common Presidential candidate and were trounced by the PDP, the ruling party in office.

Now, for year 2015, we are hearing the same cacophony of noise about presenting a joint Presidential candidate, but at the end of the day, they will agree to disagree on this issue.

The above is one of the most cogent reason why the ruling party in Nigeria continue to treat the masses with disdain and apathy because the masses have no alternative to the ruling party !!!

Compare the above situation to the present political coalition in Great Britain, where the Conservative Party formed a coalition with the Liberal Democratic Party to unseat the Labour Government of Mr Gordon Brown and you will start to ask yourself, 'when are we going to have such politically savvy politicians in oppostion, who can reach agreeable compromise to wrest power from an inept party in Power?'
the rainbow coalition in kenya was only successful at the 3rd attempt.micheal sata was only able to get other parties to back him at the 4th attempt and finally the ruling party in zambia was trounced.the british scenario is different.neither labout nor the tories were able to get a majority whoci the required to form the government.they both courted the LD in hopes of getting an alliance which would secure majority.the LD went for the tories.thats different from a situation where alliances are required BEFORE the elections.
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by realsammie(m): 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2012
dis merger of a thing wil not work come october. i promise u guyz
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by PeterKbaba: 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2012
Gbawe:

Indeed. Those continuing to shout "CPC" and "Buhari" just appear rather confused and unable to deal with reality. When GEJ announced that Boko Haram has infiltrated all levels of his Government, I think it is clear he was not talking about Buhari and El Rufai.

Exactly.. Jonathan was talking about the Northern part of PDP....... that is simply why Jonathan can not call their names, he cant afford to mention the names of the northern PDP (Boko Haram Sponsors)... Remember PDP north under Babagida, Atiku, Ciroma etc, were meant to have the PDP presidential campaign slot under the PDP People Democratic Party's Constitution, but because of Jonathan been the Acting President, used the powers of the presidency to force himself as the PDP presidential candidate.

That is why Atiku, who was the mouth peace of the Northern PDP told jonathan to his face that “Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable”

Can you all see and puzzle the rest of the story, PDP is Boko Haram ( PDP North ) and Boko Haram is PDP North. That is why Jonathan said PDP (boko haram) as infiltrated his government
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by PeterKbaba: 6:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
Exactly.. Jonathan was talking about the Northern part of PDP....... that is simply why Jonathan can not call their names, he cant afford to mention the names of the northern PDP (Boko Haram Sponsors)... Remember PDP north under Babagida, Atiku, Ciroma etc, were meant to have the PDP presidential campaign slot under the PDP People Democratic Party's Constitution, but because of Jonathan been the Acting President, used the powers of the presidency to force himself as the PDP presidential candidate.

That is why Atiku, who was the mouth peace of the Northern PDP told jonathan to his face that “Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable”

Can you all see and puzzle the rest of the story, PDP is Boko Haram ( PDP North ) and Boko Haram is PDP North. That is why Jonathan said PDP (boko haram) as infiltrated his government

Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 04, 2012
PeterKbaba:

Bros, theres no puzzle to your story so don't act like you said anything new. We all know the Northern Politicans are behind majority of the bombings. Now, what we will like the rest of you to admit to is that GEJ is also behind "some" of the bombings. Only a fo*ol will refuse to see this. But me sha, I'm no fool. I believe Henry Okah and Gen.Azazi.
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Alxmyr(m): 9:54am On Jul 04, 2012
What we need is a new breed that accomodate every interest.
As it is today, CPC does not have the national outlook and as well as ACN.
Moreover, the merger is lopsided. A Yoruba centred party and a core-north interest party.
Where is the interest of other parts of Nigeria?
I wish people like Mimiko, Donald Duke, Sule Lamido, Adamu Muazu could pull some string and provide an intellectual based alternative platform to PDP, CPC, ACN wahala.
They are all the same element in different garment when it suits their interest.
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Jamisco: 10:34am On Jul 04, 2012
Gbawe:

Has anyone in the SW complained to you? You won't find many in the SW who care about the religious practices of leaders. Rather, it is the performance of leaders that matter. You cannot invoke any fear of "Islamization" amongst a people secure in themselves and coexisting in tolerance.

it started like this in the North believe it or not, if they gain ground you will hear pepper. the Muslims are wiser it is written in the Bible that the people of the world are wiser than the elect, so when they take over everything they will show you that they are real Muslims. remember, there is nothing like peaceful coexistence or tolerance between the Christians & Jews with the Muslims in the Qur'an. the reward of the former in this so call holy book is death by the sword or otherwise or to be third class citizen.

cpc/acn have boko haram agenda to islamise this nation with exception of Adams who is a comrade and a democrat

think about this.
Re: ACN, CPC To Finalise Merger Talks In October by Gbawe: 11:56am On Jul 04, 2012
Alxmyr: What we need is a new breed that accomodate every interest.
As it is today, CPC does not have the national outlook and as well as ACN.
Moreover, the merger is lopsided. A Yoruba centred party and a core-north interest party.
I wish people like Mimiko, Donald Duke, Sule Lamido, Adamu Muazu could pull some string and provide an intellectual based alternative platform to PDP, CPC, ACN wahala.
They are all the same element in different garment when it suits their interest.

You talk about "National outlook" and "interest of other parts of Nigeria" , as if that is the fault of the ACN and CPC. You make no allowance for the reality that means time cannot/should not be wasted with 'feet draggers' if Nigeria is to be rescued from the disintegration the PDP is leading it towards.

The APGA , under Obi, is currently an extension of the PDP firmly committed to GEJ. This is the truth for those who don't fool themselves and can rise above sentiments to call a spade a spade.

The Labour Party under Mimiko is precisely the same. What time and energy do you therefore want an alliance to waste with those Parties or others of their ilk when limited time and resources should be focused on a partnership of those firmly and willingly committed to ousting the PDP?

You then sprinkle the usual progressive names , for garnishment, in the cake you cooked to malign the CPC and ACN as regional Parties, who, according to you, lack "national outlook". I only see a biased argument because there is no evidence that a CPC/ACN merger , even as both Parties are for now most influential in certain regions, would not support the brightest and best leaders for transformational positions , wherever they come from, if the merged entity captures power at the centre.

Tinubu is the "anti-Christ" but look at the liberal, progressive and independent-minded men he has provided political platforms to, with the latest being Akeredolu as the Ondo ACN candidate.

There is nothing too in Buhari's character to indicate he will reject the most honest, most disciplined and most independent-minded leaders as the PDP , an ultra-conservative and "business as usual" Party, is always keen to do. In fact the rabid fear of Buhari by the elite is borne out of the notion that the "show is over" if Buhari is ever in a position to influence who gets what.

Please note I am not touting Tinubu and Buhari as candidate but pointing out the influence both can bring to bear as leaders of their respective Parties.

Ultimately, Nigerians need to begin moving beyond ethnicity that limits them to seeing "Yoruba-centred" and "Core-North Party" while hollowly touting the nest of killers PDP, that has totally destroyed our Nation, a "National" Party.

You forget, for example, that the ACN was not founded singularly by a Yoruba man or for the SW alone. It was only Tinubu who 'stuck to the script' and showed dedication to purist political nous by developing the Party into a powerhouse in his region when others failed to do same and can actually be said to have been more guilty of the limited spread of the Party. Why must people like you then call the ACN a "Yoruba centred" Party when it's strength in the SW and lack thereof elsewhere is not the fault of the Yoruba man or Tinubu?

Most important is an honest look at the mentality of Parties towards appointees for transformational roles and offices instead of the invitation to ethnicise things as you write below . In that respect, and for those not being emotional, the evidence show the ACN and CPC will surely get it right far better than the PDP. That is what is needed i.e pragmatically using real evidence/record of action we can see to support those who will be committed to ensuring square pegs are used for square holes instead of a distracting focus on finding a merger consisting of every "ethnic" Party serving the interest of every ethnic group in Nigeria. If we are to think like that in relation to everything, then let us start looking for a President who has every Nigerian ethnicity in him instead of a leader committed to leading on behalf of Nigerians using the best and most talented Nigerians leaders available.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akpabio's Schools..pics / Best Train Design Ever (russian Innovative Tram R1) / PHOTO NEWS ; One Of The Newly Refurbished Schools By Okorocha.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.