Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Is It Necessary To Tell Ur Ex His/her Fault 4 Breakin Up Wit Him/her?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Necessary To Tell Ur Ex His/her Fault 4 Breakin Up Wit Him/her?? (1107 Views)

Do U Tell ur Sister 2 Vacate D Room Wen U Want To Get Unclad? / While makin luv and After Makin Luv Wit Him Or Her. / Breakin Up Tactis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Necessary To Tell Ur Ex His/her Fault 4 Breakin Up Wit Him/her?? by fr3ddi3(m): 3:09pm On Jul 04, 2012
Plz peeps..i need ur opinion on d topic above. But let me giv y'all i little illustration.

I met a gurl late last year..we bcame frndz, hanging out & stuffs. I askd her out on various occation..but she'd always turn me down. Sumtyms, whn she doez sumtin wrong & i mention it/complain 2 her...she gets paranoid, & gets defensive instead of apologizing. She comes late on dates, doez things her extremely her own way witout compromizing.
Later on, i found out dat she had a b/f she had been datin b4 she met me, but due 2 a brawl btw dem, she had enuf tym 2 gimme attention. Whn dey resolved dia diff..she began distancin herself frm me. I kept my cool lik i didnt notice...& called her one particular day 4 a face-2-face discussion. Durin d convo, i alighted my reasons 4 wantin her as my gurl...wat i wanted frm her, & ask her wat she wanted as well. Her exact reply was "move on with ur life".
Due 2 her statement, i suddenly cut all forms of communication wit her..although i acted cool afta she made d statement, so she neva knew i could act dat way. She neva saw it comin!!
Now its been almost 3months i'v been givin her d silent treatment...& she is still on my case..callin, textin, msg on social network and whatnot. She's in school ryt naw...but i knw 4sure dat whn she returns, she'l wan2 ask me d reasons 4 my sudden change of attitude towards her.

Now...is it necessary 2 point out d reasons 2 her or jst snub her?.....coz am really done wit her, but i dnt want any form of animosity. Plz i need ur opinion on dis. Thanx!!
Re: Is It Necessary To Tell Ur Ex His/her Fault 4 Breakin Up Wit Him/her?? by slimyem: 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2012
things you should consider before telling her..
-A lot of people hate to be told the truth about who they really are...so if you are sure she won't take it the wrong way,tell her...
-After telling her,she might want to make promises to turn a new leaf and be better and all which will most probably be untrue.will you be ready to take her back if she does?
-some people really deserve to know the truth about why its all ending so they do not keep blaming themselves over what wasn't.if she is the type,then do tell her.
Above it,telling your ex about reasons for ending a relationship depends largely on his/her level of maturity.
Re: Is It Necessary To Tell Ur Ex His/her Fault 4 Breakin Up Wit Him/her?? by binigirl(f): 4:33pm On Jul 04, 2012
slimyem: things you should consider before telling her..
-A lot of people hate to be told the truth about who they really are...so if you are sure she won't take it the wrong way,tell her...
-After telling her,she might want to make promises to turn a new leaf and be better and all which will most probably be untrue.will you be ready to take her back if she does?
-some people really deserve to know the truth about why its all ending so they do not keep blaming themselves over what wasn't.if she is the type,then do tell her.
Above it,telling your ex about reasons for ending a relationship depends largely on his/her level of maturity.
Seconded!!!
Re: Is It Necessary To Tell Ur Ex His/her Fault 4 Breakin Up Wit Him/her?? by Onegai(f): 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2012
In her case, what exactly was she expecting? She's very immature, and sometimes, you telling her why will cause tears and alarums and scarums as she promises the world to try get you back. You can tell an ex why things didn't work out, but be careful you're not being petty, childish or malicious.
Re: Is It Necessary To Tell Ur Ex His/her Fault 4 Breakin Up Wit Him/her?? by Mynd44: 6:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
What is your concern? You are breaking up that means you owe him/her noting
Re: Is It Necessary To Tell Ur Ex His/her Fault 4 Breakin Up Wit Him/her?? by fr3ddi3(m): 9:11am On Jul 05, 2012
@Slimyem: i feel u...its like u knw exactly what am talkin abt. Sincerely, a part of me says i shld explain why i stoppd communicating with her...bcoz i dnt really want her 2 look down on herself. Besides...i have a buddy i hang out with almost evry weekends living next street 2 hers, & dat means i'd be bumpin into her very often whn she returns frm sch...so u can imagine hw it'd feel if i continue givin her d silent treatment by den.

But ON THE OTHER HAND...i feel like snubbin her completely coz am really done with her. No turnin back!!!...and jst lik i mentiond in my illustration, she's d type dat gets defensive even if she knws she's at fault...& am really not cut out 4 her drama. There was a time she even said "i dont live my life 2 please anybody". So, if i decide 2 tell her d reasons...she myt think am judging/condemin her. I have really tried 2 make her a better person...but like Mynd_44 said..."i owe her nothin". Let her learn d hard way.

But funny enuf, i dont hate her, coz relationships isnt by force. I jst feel indifferent abt her....& i dnt want any form of hatred btw us. So guyz.......am really on d edge here. Am still open 2 ur opinion.
Re: Is It Necessary To Tell Ur Ex His/her Fault 4 Breakin Up Wit Him/her?? by fr3ddi3(m): 9:11am On Jul 05, 2012
@Slimyem: i feel u...its like u knw exactly what am talkin abt. Sincerely, a part of me says i shld explain why i stoppd communicating with her...bcoz i dnt really want her 2 look down on herself. Besides...i have a buddy i hang out with almost evry weekends living next street 2 hers, & dat means i'd be bumpin into her very often whn she returns frm sch...so u can imagine hw it'd feel if i continue givin her d silent treatment by den.

But ON THE OTHER HAND...i feel like snubbin her completely coz am really done with her. No turnin back!!!...and jst lik i mentiond in my illustration, she's d type dat gets defensive even if she knws she's at fault...& am really not cut out 4 her drama. There was a time she even said "i dont live my life 2 please anybody". So, if i decide 2 tell her d reasons...she myt think am judging/condemin her. I have really tried 2 make her a better person...but like Mynd_44 said..."i owe her nothin". Let her learn d hard way.

But funny enuf, i dont hate her, coz relationships isnt by force. I jst feel indifferent abt her....& i dnt want any form of hatred btw us. So guyz.......am really on d edge here. Am still open 2 ur opinion.
Re: Is It Necessary To Tell Ur Ex His/her Fault 4 Breakin Up Wit Him/her?? by claremont(m): 9:31am On Jul 05, 2012
July 2004 thread. . . shocked shocked
Re: Is It Necessary To Tell Ur Ex His/her Fault 4 Breakin Up Wit Him/her?? by tellwisdom: 9:37am On Jul 05, 2012
fr3ddi3: Plz peeps..i need ur opinion on d topic above. But let me giv y'all i little illustration.

I met a gurl late last year..we bcame frndz, hanging out & stuffs. I askd her out on various occation..but she'd always turn me down. Sumtyms, whn she doez sumtin wrong & i mention it/complain 2 her...she gets paranoid, & gets defensive instead of apologizing. She comes late on dates, doez things her extremely her own way witout compromizing.
Later on, i found out dat she had a b/f she had been datin b4 she met me, but due 2 a brawl btw dem, she had enuf tym 2 gimme attention. Whn dey resolved dia diff..she began distancin herself frm me. I kept my cool lik i didnt notice...& called her one particular day 4 a face-2-face discussion. Durin d convo, i alighted my reasons 4 wantin her as my gurl...wat i wanted frm her, & ask her wat she wanted as well. Her exact reply was "move on with ur life".
Due 2 her statement, i suddenly cut all forms of communication wit her..although i acted cool afta she made d statement, so she neva knew i could act dat way. She neva saw it comin!!
Now its been almost 3months i'v been givin her d silent treatment...& she is still on my case..callin, textin, msg on social network and whatnot. She's in school ryt naw...but i knw 4sure dat whn she returns, she'l wan2 ask me d reasons 4 my sudden change of attitude towards her.

Now...is it necessary 2 point out d reasons 2 her or jst snub her?.....coz am really done wit her, but i dnt want any form of animosity. Plz i need ur opinion on dis. Thanx!!

Mmbanuuuu angry angry
Re: Is It Necessary To Tell Ur Ex His/her Fault 4 Breakin Up Wit Him/her?? by fr3ddi3(m): 10:04am On Jul 05, 2012
claremont: July 2004 thread. . . shocked shocked

No bro...its July 2012 thread.

@tellwisdom: i'l need u 2 gimme ur reasons plz. I stated my reasons why i wuld/wuldnt like 2 tell her....but am on d egde. Plz read d 3rd post above u.
Re: Is It Necessary To Tell Ur Ex His/her Fault 4 Breakin Up Wit Him/her?? by Mynd44: 10:10am On Jul 05, 2012
It does not concern you. Let her learn in her own way
Re: Is It Necessary To Tell Ur Ex His/her Fault 4 Breakin Up Wit Him/her?? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 05, 2012
@OP
i dont understand your question.........didnt she tell you to "move on with your life"?! this is exactly what you should tell her.....you MOVED on with your life, et voila!
Re: Is It Necessary To Tell Ur Ex His/her Fault 4 Breakin Up Wit Him/her?? by lilliesboy(m): 3:48am On Apr 18, 2016
fr3ddi3:

A girl like that (who does NOT see faults in some things she does) is not worth dating/marrying nor even relating with. Am writing from experience, just avoid her totally.

(1) (Reply)

Husband From Hell / I Am Confused. Pls Advise. / 3 Tips From The Players Handbook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.