Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon (13137 Views)

Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS / Police IG Snubs House Of Reps Over Siege On National Assembly / Alison-madueke Summoned By Reps Over Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by LailaIkeji1: 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan is said to be preparing a litigation against an invitation sent to him by the House of Representatives to brief it on his anti-terrorism strategies. This was disclosed yesterday by the House Committee Chairman on Federal Road Maintenance Agency (FERMA), Hon. Ofor Chukwuegbo.

According to Hon. Chukwuegbo, “the president is considering taking the House to court because of our invitation. His aides have advised him to do so.”

The House had, on June 19, summoned President Jonathan to appear before a joint closed-session and address it on his efforts to tackle the insecurity confronting the country.

The invitation followed a motion by Hon. Yakubu Barde, a member of the PDP. Hon. Barde, who had raised the motion under Matter of Urgent National Importance, said the incessant bloodletting by terror groups in parts of Nigeria needed to be stemmed in order to avoid a religious war.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/07/04/jonathan-sue-house-reps-summon/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=jonathan-sue-house-reps-summon
Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by PrinceDudu(m): 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2012
now everything is turning to a joke

2 Likes

Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by ohbejay(m): 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2012
Why he want to them,do you have any hidden agenda go talk your mouth oooooooooooooooooooooooo why u dey run for them na wa oooooooooooooooo
Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by JojoArmani(m): 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2012
Dis case must be interestin, subscribing. . . . . .. ..
Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by dammytosh: 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
The Honourable is definitely one of the silly goats we have in the house. How come he is the one announcing that Jonathan is preparing Litigation against the house without any proofs ? Federal Roads are in a diapidated state yet the matter of interest to this idiot is litigation over house summon.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
If this is true, then prof. Ayitteh(?) was right. We've got a loony lovegood at the helm.

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by Sunofgod(m): 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2012
GEJ - It was just an invitation. . . . . there was no obligation to attend.

Was it a court summons And you want to sue!!! Lol.

Your aides are giving you bad advice. . . . maybe you should start using 'Ask Jeeves'

8 Likes

Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by ZUBY77(m): 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2012
Offor Chukwuegbo who never stood up and say anything in the house. This is a joke.
Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by africanrapper: 6:27pm On Jul 04, 2012
This has to be the joke of the Millenium.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by anishe(m): 6:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
GEJ again? I wonder why people are not yet tired of that man's rubbish. Let's stone him out. No backlash P.L.E.A.S.E
Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by SisiKill1: 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2012
According to Hon. Chukwuegbo, “the president is considering taking the House to court because of our invitation. His aides have advised him to do so.”

Thanks for confirming what some of us suspected. . .GEJ is surrounded by Sycophantic Yes Men.

No wonder the dude and has never made any good decision.

Instead of looking at Sokoto for the enemies who want to derail his administration, he should be looking at his shokoto!!

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 04, 2012
May be he foresaw dt sm of the legislooters n farouks who are sponsors of bh wnts to use the briefing medium to twart or sabbottage his efforts or plans to curb bh menace. #I'MJUSTSAYING
Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by lacasa: 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2012
The Prof talk am say make we get rid of fresh air na grin

if ds is true then "Clueless" is an understatement
Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by cyril83(m): 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2012
I have said this times withou numba,this inhuman,drunk GEJ is nothing but a useless tyrant,the simple meaning of his action is that nobody on earth can question his authority or movement,what a shame nigeria is still under military rule

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by Everest9(m): 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2012
Nawa Oo!
Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by waja(m): 6:46pm On Jul 04, 2012
Buhari nko.
Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by wyt(m): 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2012
If I believe this I'll believe anything

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by mrman2(m): 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2012
Oma de wa ga ooo. i hope it's not true sha.
Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by Vernor(m): 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2012
I DE LAFF O. ON D LIGHTER SIDE, WE NEED FOR FIND A WAY OUT TO GET THIS FOLKS(JONA MU'2 N D HOUSE) OUT BEFORE DEY RUIN US COME 2015. He have his boys too he knows he will be rubished if he honours d invitation because of d role he played in Facrook matter.
Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by TheDoc: 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2012
wait a minute, who said that? president's spokesperson,information minister? it seems am seeing one FERMA chairman. hmmm.ok now did d president know about his statement?
Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by Debokan: 6:52pm On Jul 04, 2012
I see some inconsistencies here. The House committee chairman on FERMA announcing on behalf of The President his intention to take the reps to court!
The news has to be a joke.
Well, I'll not say more until I see them in court - that is if the story is true.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by TheDoc: 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2012
Sun of god: GEJ - It was just an invitation. . . . . there was no obligation to attend.

Was it a court summons And you want to sue!!! Lol.

Your aides are giving you bad advice. . . . maybe you should start using 'Ask Jeeves'
PLS include google.com
Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by CuteTj(m): 7:08pm On Jul 04, 2012
Otedollar sue house, GEJ sue house... Everybody just dey sue each other! When will we ordinary Nigerians sue the FG/PDP/GEJ for bad governance?

4 Likes

Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by betrani(m): 7:15pm On Jul 04, 2012
Laila Ikeji:

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/07/04/jonathan-sue-house-reps-summon/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=jonathan-sue-house-reps-summon
Nigeria from my knowledge so far is the only country in the world where I ve seen or heard sa House Of Reps summoning a president! Na wah o! Its really amazin, amusin and joking! If na me I no go even answer them! Make I see hw these criminals go behave! Mumus them includin president wey even burder to answer them!

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by efepens: 7:17pm On Jul 04, 2012
I feel sorry for Nigerians especially the youths and the working class, they think what is happening is a joke, I am based in the US and I see how for very little human right issues, people come out and fight for their rights, the government hold the opinion of its people in very high esteem becos, they know when the masses turn away from the government that government will fall, Nigerian are so scared to hold their leaders accountable for anything, all we do is gossip and laugh, they believe, somehow, things will get better, it’s a petty I do not blame those in government, but I blame the masses that are so afraid, we did it before during the last fuel protest, we saw the govt bend to their kneels, we can do it again, enough of the talks, like they say action is better then words...

5 Likes

Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On Jul 04, 2012
Nigerian Journalists are good at making up the most stupid. Why in the world would the President SUE the National Assembly over a summons that pertains to National Security? This is the same President who went on national TV on June 24th to reveal that he has not seen the summons and would welcome it. Now, less than 2 weeks, he is suing? If anyone should be sued, I think the DailyPost needs to be for this.
Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 04, 2012
Foolish people..... Why did they invite him to come and tell them his measures to end boko haram so that they will pass it on to their BH members and sponsors. NONSENSE. They cant do shit
Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by betrani(m): 7:24pm On Jul 04, 2012
thief thief thief! see im face, may b na because d money u tif those guys the vex for presido say him no gree dem share am! ole'

Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by brownlord: 7:25pm On Jul 04, 2012
Anytime i have a bad mood and want to put it behind me, if i try to play my night of a thousand laugh and PHCN do not allow me...all i need do is enter nairaland there must be somethin about Nigeria that will make....Ikiagie, sorry my local dialet, i cant but fit laff, Nigeria is a joke

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 04, 2012
Meanwhile in another news.....Cern scientists reporting from the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) have claimed the discovery of a new particle consistent with the Higgs boson.

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by edicolove: 7:28pm On Jul 04, 2012
Dumb topic with dumb replies! Mmmtschew!
Re: GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon by Beaf: 7:29pm On Jul 04, 2012
SimonAndal: If this is true, then prof. Ayitteh(?) was right. We've got a loony lovegood at the helm.

How do you establish boundaries in a democracy?
Common sense says that civilised people would establish boundaries through the law courts; an uncivilised person might see such actions as foolish, though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obama Ordering Take-out, Eating In Resturant / Suntai To Doctors - I Want To Go Home / Mahmood Yakubu: INEC May Use Electronic Voting For Anambra Election Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.