Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,541 members, 7,847,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:35 PM

Literature/Writing Complaints Thread - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (43170 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (41) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 10:16am On Jul 14, 2013
yemi2plus2:
i stil don't no your defination of been rude. i never derail the endorsement thread, you and other members will not just stop quoting my post and i had to reply you.
It will be wrong saying i derail the thread.
What reason if i maybe? Don't tell me the poem didn't make front page cause of your defination of be rude?
Dude, I am not in the mood for exchange of blames and going back and forth.

You have made your point and I said you should try to endorse more poems.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by yemi2plus(m): 10:20am On Jul 14, 2013
Mynd_44:
Dude, I am not in the mood for exchange of blames and going back and forth.

You have made your point and I said you should try to endorse more poems.
i am not in such mood either, i only made a suggestion and you raised a point i consider useless
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by MaziOmenuko: 5:48pm On Jul 14, 2013
gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Ishilove: 6:10pm On Jul 14, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: gringringrin
Lwkmd!!! Mynd and his children are always arguing cheesy

Hilarious cheesy grin
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by yemi2plus(m): 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ishilove:

Hilarious cheesy grin
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by MaziOmenuko: 6:19pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ishilove:

Hilarious cheesy grin

grin that yemi guy is a 'terror'! The guy is head-strong in a good way. I'd never want to cross his path; for real.cheesygrin
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by yemi2plus(m): 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

grin that yemi guy is a 'terror'! The guy is head-strong in a good way. I'd never want to cross his path; for real.cheesygrin
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mynd44 Can you explain why I was banned for advocating a Murder Plot within a work of fiction?

Dont just ban me and hide my post again....Im really keen to hear your explanation and show what rule I have broken.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by yemi2plus(m): 10:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
Dear mynd, it been upto two weeks now, any new development about my request?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 10:23pm On Jul 16, 2013
jackbauerspower: Mynd44 Can you explain why I was banned for advocating a Murder Plot within a work of fiction?

Dont just ban me and hide my post again....Im really keen to hear your explanation and show what rule I have broken.
The reason you were banned is stated on your profile and note that rule 19 still stands as a rule on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 10:24pm On Jul 16, 2013
yemi2plus2: Dear mynd, it been upto two weeks now, any new development about my request?
Can I get back to you on that?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
The reason you were banned is stated on your profile and note that rule 19 still stands as a rule on Nairaland

Can you state the exact rule I broke initially please

There are 21 rules

Which one did I break?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mynd44 Can you explain why I was banned for advocating a Murder Plot within a work of fiction?

Dont just ban me and hide my post again....I'm really keen to hear your explanation and show what rule I have broken.

Rule No 2 states "Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member."

Dygeasy the Author clearly states

DISCLAIMER: every moniker being used to create a character is purely out of the participating writers' imagination. Nothing should be taken personal and it isn't to defame you (if your username is being used) if something negative is written about you. Its all part of the fun.

Advocating for the murder of a moniker in real life violates rule no2. Advocating for the murder within a work of fiction does not violate the rules

Would you ban a contributor to this project who decided to kill people off in his own chapter?

Also, Rule 19 states: "Don't create a new account when banned for breaking a rule. If you do, make sure we don't find out."

I am NOT satisfied that I have broken any rule, so I've logged in with an alt account.

Unfortunately Nairaland has no means of Arbitration,So I have to confront you here.

You can decide to be a spineless coward and hide this post again, or you can muster a semblance of dignity and explain your power-drunk decision
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by princesa(f): 10:34pm On Jul 16, 2013
This evening is gonna be fun

*grabs popcorn* cheesy
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 10:35pm On Jul 16, 2013
I don't know why we all have to do this. Were you the one who issued the disclaimer?

Are you among the contributors?

And do you realise that even with the disclaimer, if a plot is found too insultive on a handle, that post will be hidden and the plot changed. You cannot have fun at the expense of others.

Just because you find it funny does not mean others do.

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 10:36pm On Jul 16, 2013
princesa: This evening is gonna be fun

*grabs popcorn* cheesy
Rule 1.

Don't make me do this

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mynd_44: I don't know why we all have to do this. Were you the one who issued the disclaimer?

Are you among the contributors?

And do you realise that even with the disclaimer, if a plot is found too insultive on a handle, that post will be hidden and the plot changed You cannot have fun at the expense of others.

Just because you find it funny does not mean others do.

Even with all you said, you have not shown me what rule I have broken.

I have suggested that a character be killed off in a [size=18pt]work of fiction[/size].I was banned for this. By you

I am simply asking which of Nairaland's very explicit rules I broke.

Very Simple.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 10:43pm On Jul 16, 2013
jackbauerspower:

Even with all you said, you have not shown me what rule I have broken.

I have suggested that a character be killed off in a [size=18pt]work of fiction[/size].I was banned for this. By you

I am simply asking which of Nairaland's very explicit rules I broke.

Very Simple.

Rule 2 and 3.

Satisfied?

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
Rule 2 and 3.

Satisfied?

No

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.
3. Don't advocate or encourage violent actions against any person, tribe, race, or group of people.

I was suggesting a character be killed in a Work of Fiction

By its very definition, Fiction is the form of any work that deals, in part or in whole, with information or events that are not factual, but rather, imaginary and theoretical—that is, invented by the author.

Any characters in the work of fiction are not real, so rules no 2 and 3 cannot apply.
I advocated that a character be killed, not a Nairalander

Your Job as a Mod is to enforce the law, and not interprete it arbitrarily

Unless rules no 2 and 3 are explicitly stated to cover ficitious renderings of Niaraland members,I demand that my comments be unhidden and my ID unblocked
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by yemi2plus(m): 10:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
Can I get back to you on that?
no problem, but please make it fast
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 11:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
I am going to start a story soon. In that story, I am going to insult a particular member of Nairaland and attack that member because I don't like the person.

Then I will write about how that person is tortured, and eventually killed.
And then issue a disclaimer that it is fiction

Does that break the rules of Nairaland? Oh no, it was not stated in the rules that I can't do that.

Rule 2, you wished harm on a member(you are not part of the writing team hence the disclaimer does not cover you)

Rule 3, you encouraged violence against another member.

And oh I forgot to add Rule 1 to the mix.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 16, 2013
I just find it quite unfortunate that there is only one Mod in this section.

Absolute control by one Mod means that we are all at the mercy of poor judgment.

What a shame, I was just beginning to like it here undecided
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by yemi2plus(m): 11:05pm On Jul 16, 2013
@mynd..i'm sorry to ask this stupid question o. Did you by any means study law or a course relating to law. Please answer
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 11:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
yemi2plus2: @mynd..i'm sorry to ask this stupid question o. Did you by any means study law or a course relating to law. Please answer
Why should I answer a silly question?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by yemi2plus(m): 11:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
Why should I answer a silly question?

because i asked a silly question.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mynd_44: I am going to start a story soon. In that story, I am going to insult a particular member of Nairaland and attack that member because I don't like the person.

Then I will write about how that person is tortured, and eventually killed.
And then issue a disclaimer that it is fiction

Does that break the rules of Nairaland? Oh no, it was not stated in the rules that I can't do that.
It wasn't. And Isn't. Because any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead,business organization, events or locales is entirely coincidental

Rule 2, you wished harm on a member(you are not part of the writing team hence the disclaimer does not cover you)
Rule 3, you encouraged violence against another member.

And oh I forgot to add Rule 1 to the mix.
Intelligence is clearly not a job requirement as a Mod. I suggested that a fictional character be killed. Being a member of the writing team is irrelevant anyway as the work was thrown open to submissions from all.

You are yet to explicitly show how my statement is in direct violation of any of the rules.

I give up anyway. Like I said earlier, Intelligence is clearly not a job requirement as a mod
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 11:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
yemi2plus2:
because i asked a silly question.
I don't answer silly question
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by yemi2plus(m): 11:26pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
I don't answer silly question
okay sir. Did you study law or any course relating to law?

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by chistar01(m): 11:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
Hmmmm...
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by yemi2plus(m): 11:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
Dear mynd, am highly disappointed in the way you 'mod' this section nowadays, i think you're more of a dictator this days.
What do you mean by this comment?
Mynd_44:
Your next "play" might earn you a ban.

Don't make another comment here if you don't want to endorse a thread as I will consider it derailing.

Not kidding
don't forget...no one is above the law.
If you don't want me to comment on a particular thread, you too should not comment on such thread, cause we're both under the same law.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by yemi2plus(m): 11:51pm On Jul 16, 2013
chistar01: Hmmmm...

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (41)

Fierce / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By AkĂ­ntayo Akinjide / Wole Soyinka At 4 Months In November 1934

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.