Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? (13372 Views)

Poll: A wife or a Car: Which is more expensive to maintain?

A Wife: 65% (95 votes)
A Car: 23% (34 votes)
Undecided: 10% (15 votes)
This poll has ended

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Havilah93(m): 12:37pm On Jul 08, 2012
boyendowed: Depends on the wife.If you have a working class wife that earns good pay,''then she will be more expensive to maintain than a car'' but if your wife is a housewife,then ''she will be more expensive to maintain.''
which one now?
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 08, 2012
itoldu: A wife is ur unpriceable possession. if you have to rate her as EXPENSIVE, i'm NOT sorry to say but your MARRIAGE is FINISHED .

Dude, if u have taken your time to read through my write up you would have come across a part of it where i stated that i have never regretted marrying my wife.Their was no time i stated that my wife is expensive, so please get your priority right.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Ninilowo(m): 12:42pm On Jul 08, 2012
No clear cut answer to this question. Every thing depends on the type or your car and that of your wife. but to me cars are more expensive to maintain. no matter hw mad a wife is, she can be rehabilitated and re mould into what u want.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by slap1(m): 12:44pm On Jul 08, 2012
It's insulting to compare a wife, not even a galfriend, with a car! WTH is a car? If you're not ready for marriage, don't stress yourself! How about jobless guys that depend on their wives? If you even spend more on your car than you do on yourself, shame on you! What won't we see on this forum?
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 08, 2012
I like to reason outside the box: Poster, so do you mean you dont own a car ? Or someone who is married cant own cars ? Jesus, these comparison seems crazy to me. A man must be able to maintain wife, kids, family, cars and not complain. Its why we are called MAN. Stop the comparison, its an insult to hardworking women.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by baruwainfo: 12:47pm On Jul 08, 2012
Who on earth can compare a car with a wife? They are incomparable because my wife is d most valuable thing in my life.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 08, 2012
How can saomeone compare a living thing to a non living thing? Wife na wife car na car!women don suffer! Kai!
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Neoviper147: 12:53pm On Jul 08, 2012
[size=16pt]Children or no children if my wife bleeps up, i will get rid of her. [/size] embarassed
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2012
chyket: Please We can never compare a woman and a Car it's rather insulting to our womenfolk.How will you feel if your wife compares you to her handset?
you are right on point. Perhaps we women should start comparing our Men with our Hairs and Handsets which are some of the things we equally spend money on. Hell! I do not not understand why some Men have no regard for their women who are supposed to be their source of joy.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Cleverley(m): 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2012
afam4eva:
Are you insinuating that housewives are jobless. So, managing the home is not a job abi. Why don't you try managing the home and see if you can keep up.
It never a job rather a responsibility.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by purefella(m): 1:04pm On Jul 08, 2012
CAR AND WOMEN ARE TROUBLESOME AND VERY EXPENSIVE TO MAINTAIN IF NAH SECOND HAND OR THIRD HAND YOU BUY . SECOND HAND WOMAN NA ADELEBO grin
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by mu2sa2: 1:06pm On Jul 08, 2012
It’s all a matter of attitude. Some men hav no regard for women at all – not just their wives but ALL women. This category of men can do anything to a woman -even to kids- and feel no qualms about it. I guess u ar one of them by even bringing up this thread, otherwise how do u even compare a human being , not least ur wife, with a car. My advice to All women is to be very careful about men they associate with.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Yorisb: 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2012
Thanks to this thread, I now know that most NL Dudes are with the wrong women.

Xcuse me pass jare!

2 Likes

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Ayodhejjy(m): 1:09pm On Jul 08, 2012
if ur car develop a fsult nd u gat no money @ hand, u can abardon it til money comes bt, if u abardon women cox of money it would be as irresponsible.
I submit
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Birmingham(m): 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
A Car Is Just A Petrol Propelled Machine, But A Wife Is A Human With Affection, Care, & Warm Blooded. No Amount Spent On A Wife Is Considered Expensive or Extravagant.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 08, 2012
Billyonaire: I like to reason outside the box: Poster, so do you mean you dont own a car ? Or someone who is married cant own cars ? Jesus, these comparison seems crazy to me. A man must be able to maintain wife, kids, family, cars and not complain. Its why we are called MAN. Stop the comparison, its an insult to hardworking women.

Guy i am not ashame to say that i dont own a car yet. But to God be the glory, i am now ready to own purcahse one now. I am now sufficiently buoyant to finance and maintain one. And should be purchasing one soonest. Please view my post on the auto section.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2012
mu2sa2: It’s all a matter of attitude. Some men hav no regard for women at all – not just their wives but ALL women. This category of men can do anything to a woman -even to kids- and feel no qualms about it. I guess u ar one of them by even bringing up this thread, otherwise how do u even compare a human being , not least ur wife, with a car. My advice to All women is to be very careful about men they associate with.

You have gotten it all wrong.I am so sorry for you as it seems as if your mental capacity to comprehend, make pronoucement and give advice is at it lowest. grin
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by OperaMini1(m): 1:21pm On Jul 08, 2012
It's unfortunate that NL have become a forum for all sorts of rubbish posts. I'm surprised that the op who said he's married, is comparing a wife with a car.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by LordBabs(m): 1:22pm On Jul 08, 2012
The rate of unintelligence on Nairaland these days is bewildering! When you compare things, what you do is look into them and bring out the properties in them, to show their distinction. Anything can be compared with anything, as long as they have similar things in common. How dare you say it's incongrous to compare a wife with a car?! You pay for a car, you pay for a wife(bride price) & when you don't pay for the car(perhaps you're given or you win a lot), then you don't pay bride price. You nurture a car, you nurture a wife. You maintain a car, to give you comfort, you maintain a wife to give you comfort. A car has properties you often service(tyres, screen, engine...), a wife also has serviceable properties(kids, school fees...). A car can ruin your life(accident), a wife can ruin your life too. A car can be expensive or cheap(depending on the market cost), a wife can be expensive or cheap(depending on the bride price you pay). A car is durable(if well maintained), a wife is durable(if well maintained). A cretin said a car can't give you happiness. Both can give you happiness! Will you be sad that you're sitting in your new limousine? Hence, if a car & a wife share the same similar properties, why can't they be compared in terms of monetary value? Respond to the post and stop furnacing in unripe emotions and illogical sensuousness! As for me, I think maintaining a woman is more expensive, especially in a primitive society like Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by osifred(m): 1:34pm On Jul 08, 2012
paulostical2004: Hi dudes, before i got married which i have never regretted, i have had the opportunity of interacting with a couple of my colleagues(eligible bachelors)at my workplace who have always maintain that it is better to live a comfortable life with a posh car to go with it than getting married and settling down. To them, marriage is a capital expenditure that needed enough time and cash to enter into and as such, they have always have the notion that maintaining a home(A Wife and Children)is more expensive to maintaining a car.I have come to realise that apart from having to fuel their cars, most times they keep complaining of gearing problem, engine problem, the need to service their cars,battery problem, unbudgeted expenses as a result of a unexpected problems with their car that needed to be fix etc. . I would appreciate mature and robust contribution on this burning issue: "A Wife or a Car: Which is more expensive to maintain?

Buddy you asked such an unserious question and you expect to get serious contribution. You are for real?
On what basis is this comparison? They are not of the safe value and as such can't be compared. A serious comparison would have been between your wife and your child or between your car and you motorbyke which one is more expensive to maintain.
Infact ¶ consider it an insult to compare a car versus your wife not even girlfriend. Even if the wife is more expensive to maintain that is only because of her value. Do you know how many things a wife can do for you more than a car? So why wouldn't she not be more expensive to maintain
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Elsafema: 1:37pm On Jul 08, 2012
pendo89: The day you start describing your wife in monetary terms is the day you start losing it.
You can't quantify emotions and convert them into monetary value.
The day you start seeing her as an expenditure/liability signals the beginning of trouble.
The day you start equating her to non living things is the beginning of failure.
You can't place human and non human things on the same scale and expect a fair judgement.
Everything is just wrong from a conscience point of view.

To be fair you should have compared a mistress with some girlfriend. Both are human.

u have wisdome, i wise u are not mary i for mary u.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by stagger: 1:37pm On Jul 08, 2012
Well,
The money i have spent on my wife can buy many cars time without number. But while a car produces diminishing returns, a good wife produces a new kind of return as the years go by. But then the wife must be a good one and not a gold digger or else you are on your way to your grave.

1 Like

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 08, 2012
stagger: Well,
The money i have spent on my wife can buy many cars time without number. But while a car produces diminishing returns, a good wife produces a new kind of return as the years go by. But then the wife must be a good one and not a gold digger or else you are on your way to your grave.

True talk.U have just made my day. cheesy
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Emioga: 1:52pm On Jul 08, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]women una dey try o!evrytin na woman?imagine being compared to a car.omo see insult.be like say men are 100 percent.WOMEN UNA GO SURVIVE CAN SOMEBODY SAY AMEN!!!
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by currency10(m): 1:52pm On Jul 08, 2012
In my perssonal view, I think car is more epensive than a woman.
My reason:
(1) You can tell yor baby dat u er broke u don't have to day, bot if year engine LOCK my guy u must fix it.

(2) My girl, she is a woking class (Banker) in a gud firm she is low expensive than my car bot I luv her, she lov me.she alway tel me dat wat she want is lov not mony she manage wit me not lik my car no manage. Though there varies of girls some er killer shop year mony any how they don't cares,guys too shine year eyes b4 u go 4 a lady -if u go any how u c any how.

(3) Every day my car consume fuels,every day my baby don,t consume.

(4) Every month I service my car.Every month My girl go to her company hospital.( Laggon hospital)
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Sammyfemy: 1:58pm On Jul 08, 2012
You said mature comment. First how can you compare a being with a car. It shows how inhuman you are. Second, it shows your perspective concerning your wife. Your wife is a co partner with you. My question is what amount of money is outrageous to be spent for the up keep of a human being?
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2012
osifred:

Buddy you asked such an unserious question and you expect to get serious contribution. You are for real?
On what basis is this comparison? They are not of the safe value and as such can't be compared. A serious comparison would have been between your wife and your child or between your car and you motorbyke which one is more expensive to maintain.
Infact ¶ consider it an insult to compare a car versus your wife not even girlfriend. Even if the wife is more expensive to maintain that is only because of her value. Do you know how many things a wife can do for you more than a car? So why wouldn't she not be more expensive to maintain

Dude, I strongly believe that the purpose of seun creating nairaland is to afford everyone a platform to discuss, contribute and share ideas on burning issues. The issue in questions was a fallout of a debate and a principle to life closely guided my colleagues at work.I love my wife and my luvly baby girl and i will not exchange them for all the material riches of the world.I just felt we should share our feelings that all.No harm or interior motive intended.All nairalanders please take note.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Ngwakwe: 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2012
@Op
How will you like it, if your mother is turned to a property by the gods.

And your daughters kill you as soon as you finish training them to atone for this sin your have committed against humanity by comparing the living with the non living. What a shame.

Sorry to call you a fool. Am writing with a pain in my heart as I just lost my only daughter in a car accident to a careless driver.

Come and take all I have and give me back my daughter. I will be glad to have her and start afresh to labour in life.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2012
currency10: In my perssonal view, I think car is more epensive than a woman.
My reason:
(1) You can tell yor baby dat u er broke u don't have to day, bot if year engine LOCK my guy u must fix it.

(2) My girl, she is a woking class (Banker) in a gud firm she is low expensive than my car bot I luv her, she lov me.she alway tel me dat wat she want is lov not mony she manage wit me not lik my car no manage. Though there varies of girls some er killer shop year mony any how they don't cares,guys too shine year eyes b4 u go 4 a lady -if u go any how u c any how.

(3) Every day my car consume fuels,every day my baby don,t consume.

(4) Every month I service my car.Every month My girl go to her company hospital.( Laggon hospital)

WTF is this?!? You should have just typed in Yoruba or whatever language you speak! Jeez.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Proxytalk: 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2012
it seems people dont read the post before repling, after a while of working or doing biz, u got some money. then to buy car may cost u abt 1M to marry may cost u the same. the poster said while he decided to marry, his colleaques took cars but were later strugling to raise money to marry while he has reposition to buy a car now. i think this is an intelligent post for a certain group of people with experience to respond nt everybody. the later can read responces nd learn. life progres is gradual .
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Finland(m): 2:09pm On Jul 08, 2012
It depends. If you buy a good car you will spend less but if you buy a bad car you will spend more same goes for a wife, if you marry a good compassionate wife, you will spend less but if you marry an aristo as a wife, you are completely finished! grin
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by adefash(m): 2:16pm On Jul 08, 2012
I get pissed off whenever i see/hear ppl say things about women.your can can pack up in the middle of the road when u dont have a dime in ur pocket & expose ur yansh to the whole world,but u can still home for ofic with strong face after hhaving failed to drop chop money for the family.ur wife still improvises,covering ur shame for u.
have u considered how dificult we men can be at times? if u have considered that then i want the poster to post this topic"btw men & molue,which is tougher to control?"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is This Breastfeeding Or Bosom Display & I Wasn't Looking Too Much? / WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? / What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.