Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? (13374 Views)

Poll: A wife or a Car: Which is more expensive to maintain?

A Wife: 65% (95 votes)
A Car: 23% (34 votes)
Undecided: 10% (15 votes)
This poll has ended

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by tayo4me(f): 2:17pm On Jul 08, 2012
There's actually no basis for comparison. To think such crossed your mind to start with amazes me!
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 08, 2012
Proxytalk: it seems people dont read the post before repling, after a while of working or doing biz, u got some money. then to buy car may cost u abt 1M to marry may cost u the same. the poster said while he decided to marry, his colleaques took cars but were later strugling to raise money to marry while he has reposition to buy a car now. i think this is an intelligent post for a certain group of people with experience to respond nt everybody. the later can read responces nd learn. life progres is gradual .

thanks dude for getting it right
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Duke007(m): 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2012
Dis is d most absurd comparison l expect any rational man to make.Ur car can't gi u babies,can't cuk ur meals,keep u company,encourage u when u r down neither can u f....k your car.Man,it all boils down to one point:u can't compare machine wit humanity.Tel ur friend to grow up,get a wife and pray 4 financial blesing.l Gues dat THIS IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS 'POVERTY MENTALITY' results to.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2012
Duke007: Dis is d most absurd comparison l expect any rational man to man.Ur car can't gi u babies,can't cuk ur meals,keep u company,encourage u when u r down neither can u f....k your car.Man,it all boils down to one point:u can't compare machine wit humanity.Tel ur friend to grow up,get a wife and pray 4 financial blesing.l Gues dat THIS IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS 'POVERTY MENTALITY' results to.

Dude, I strongly believe that the purpose of seun creating nairaland is to afford everyone a platform to discuss, contribute and share ideas on burning issues. The issue in questions was a fallout of a debate and a principle to life closely guided my colleagues at work.I love my wife and my luvly baby girl and i will not exchange them for all the material riches of the world.I just felt we should share our feelings that all.No harm or interior motive intended.All nairalanders please take note.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by LordBabs(m): 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2012
People keep displaying follies here. If 10 bachelors were given an option to pick freely, either a young maiden for wife or a brand new car, how many do you think would go for a maiden? We all know the cost of a woman now, let this ignorance stop! Ranging from the bride price and wedding ceremonies, maternity cost, feeding allowance, to the miscellaneous expenses. It doesn't matter wether the wife jobs or not. The man still pays most of the bills. What am I even saying? Look at the poll, the fact speaks for itself! Those saying you don't compare a human with a car, are either emotionally affected, lazy to think or just daft!
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by adefash(m): 2:26pm On Jul 08, 2012
I cant imagine coparing my wife with a car.car ke! i have never ever regreted ever getin maried to my sweet heart even with my meagre income,she is not yet working,and from a home richer than mine if i may say.i used to spend more as a bachelor than as a married man even with a son.i was without direction as a bachelor but now my life has been colorful with small monthly expenses.maybe my type of wife is scarce.God bless the day my wife was brought forth & god bless her parents for me.
i cant compare d 2
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Zenanted(m): 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2012
Every struggle of a Man is 4 d Woman
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by adefash(m): 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2012
Lord Babs:

Look, you are the greatest FOOL! What's the OP's business with your loss? I guess your loss has also deconfigured your brain from proper thinking. Pull yourself together man! No solace for you here! Buffoon!
U must the greatest fool for not understanding the plight of he who has just lost a daughter.it is better to be baren that for some1 to lose a child or a spouse.u must be some1 raised on a street without having had any family bond.u are very rude!
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2012
I LOVE MY WIFE AND WOULD NEVER IN THIS WORLD EQUATE HER WITH MATERIAL THINGS OF THIS WORLD.TAKING THE DECISION TO MARRY HER AT A TIME I COULD HAVE EASILY BOUGHT A POSH CAR WAS THE BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER TAKEN IN MY LIFE.MY REASONS? 1. GOD HAVE NEVER STOP BLESSING ME SINCE THEN. 2. I AM NOT NOT JUST MARRIED MAN BUT A FATHER FOR THAT MATTER WITH A LUVLY DAUGHTER OF ABOUT 6 MONTH OLD 3.I AM NOW SUFFICIENTLY CAPABLE TO BUY WHATEVER CAR I CHOOSE TO BUY. MY ADVISE TO ELIGIBLE NAIRALANDER BACHELORS OUT THERE IS THAT YOU SHOULD NOT PLACE MATERIAL CONSIDERATION ABOVE ISSUES THAT HAVE DIRECT CONSEQUENCES FOR YOU AND FUTURE.CHEERS
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by hush007: 2:45pm On Jul 08, 2012
Comparing a woman to a car is undoubtly overboard cos it comparing an object without life and void to something that has and is full of life. Howeva, lookin closely at it again, the same attributes cannot be ignored. A car likened to woman cos of the effort needed to enjoy both and ofcourse, one will always demand more than the other. Even two wives cannot be at par.a woman is howeva more demanding cos of the life it possesses. They are more delicate to handle. The emotions that comes to play, the passion that flows and the very life they give makes them more "demanding". So looking at it ideally, they are more expensive to maintain, and can't expended as such like cars. Whether they financially empowered or not, its only realistic to cater for them cos they have life and anything that has life is always more expensive to maintain. Ciao
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by itsik(m): 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2012
[quote][/quote]pendo89(f): 11:59am
The day you start describing your wife in monetary terms is the day you start losing it.
You can't quantify emotions and convert them into monetary value.
The day you start seeing her as an expenditure/liability signals the beginning of trouble.
The day you start equating her to non living things is the beginning of failure.
You can't place human and non human things on the same scale and expect a fair judgement.
Everything is just wrong from a conscience point of view.

To be fair you should have compared a mistress with some girlfriend. Both are human.

People, do u know what annoys me most? When ladies come up to tell me such crap above "when u start equating with money. Is it not the same women that said "love no be for mouth na by ur pocket and how much u are willing to spend on them" spare me that trash pls.
If women are to be spent on, I have all rights to compare them with other expenses I make. During our mothers them time, it was love, love and love, not money, honey money, boyfriend's money. What's all this.
Enough of all this trsh women come up to tell us online looking for cheap sympathy.
Once u make it regularly to my LIST OF BUDGETS or EXPENSES, u are, can and will be compared with everyother thing on the list. I can even say, women and drinking which akes or consumes more money.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by boyendowed(m): 2:49pm On Jul 08, 2012
Havilah93:
which one now?

Figure it out
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by LordBabs(m): 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2012
adefash:
U must the greatest fool for not understanding the plight of he who has just lost a daughter.it is better to be baren that for some1 to lose a child or a spouse.u must be some1 raised on a street without having had any family bond.u are very rude!

Go to school, boy! I was once a simpleton like you.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by boyendowed(m): 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2012
Ngwakwe: @Op
How will you like it, if your mother is turned to a property by the gods.

And your daughters kill you as soon as you finish training them to atone for this sin your have committed against humanity by comparing the living with the non living. What a shame.

Sorry to call you a fool. Am writing with a pain in my heart as I just lost my only daughter in a car accident to a careless driver.

Come and take all I have and give me back my daughter. I will be glad to have her and start afresh to labour in life.

Sorry for your loss.I can only imagine
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Meeky(m): 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2012
pendo89: The day you start describing your wife in monetary terms is the day you start losing it.
The day you start seeing her as an expenditure/liability signals the beginning of trouble.
The day you start equating her to non living things is the beginning of failure.
You can't place human and non human things on the same scale and expect a fair judgement.

To be fair you should have compared a mistress with some girlfriend. Both are human.

I second dis comment.The two items are incomparable
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by boyendowed(m): 2:53pm On Jul 08, 2012
Zeddicus:

WTF is this?!? You should have just typed in Yoruba or whatever language you speak! Jeez.

lol...spare the guy na
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by danzel13: 2:55pm On Jul 08, 2012
[quote author=pendo89]The day you start describing your wife in monetary terms is the day you start losing it.

On point!!!
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by adefash(m): 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2012
Zenanted: Every struggle of a Man is 4 d Woman
U'R WRONG! whatever u do for ur wife or child,u take the glory.so everything man does is for man.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by wyvilleinc: 3:21pm On Jul 08, 2012
I will say a car because if you are broke your wife can understand and manage but can you make your car understand t hat yiou are broke and not fuel it or attend to its faults. A caring woman will understand but a car, no way. No fuel no movement.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by basher(m): 3:25pm On Jul 08, 2012
paulostical2004: Hi dudes, before i got married which i have never regretted, i have had the opportunity of interacting with a couple of my colleagues(eligible bachelors)at my workplace who have always maintain that it is better to live a comfortable life with a posh car to go with it than getting married and settling down. To them, marriage is a capital expenditure that needed enough time and cash to enter into and as such, they have always have the notion that maintaining a home(A Wife and Children)is more expensive to maintaining a car.I have come to realise that apart from having to fuel their cars, most times they keep complaining of gearing problem, engine problem, the need to service their cars,battery problem, unbudgeted expenses as a result of a unexpected problems with their car that needed to be fix etc. . I would appreciate mature and robust contribution on this burning issue: "A Wife or a Car: Which is more expensive to maintain?

1) When a car gives you too much trouble you can trade it in for another one
2) A car won't get jealous when you drive another one
3) Even if the car has a little problem (headache) you can still ride it.
4) I've never heard of Christain Louboutin tyres
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Claracuzio: 3:28pm On Jul 08, 2012
Wife of course. Pata pata make I change engine- 150k-400k depending on the car but ur wife fit buy gold of like 200k, weave on of like 100k, shoe nko? Unecessary oestentatious goods.
Na women dey make men die quick.
I was a happy man when I used to be alone u know enjoy time outs at nite over a few bottles but no my woman had to stop me from drinking and make me depressed with a very borring christian life.
Oops I forgot the born again women make u pay tights to all those 419 pastors. Hehe
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2012
There is no hope for the man who would come so low as to compare his wife with his car. Your wife whom you decided to spend the rest of your life with, you compare with a car? I sorry for you!
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by basher(m): 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2012
currency10:

(4) Every month I service my car.Every month My girl go to her company hospital.( Laggon hospital)

Ehhmm, I don't think it's a good idea to let your girl be "SERVICED" at her company hospital, even if it's just once a month. She'll soon go from once in a month to twice a week o shocked
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by ace4luv69(m): 3:38pm On Jul 08, 2012
I luv my baby and dats final, there's nothin u guys can say to confuse me!
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by jasmine21(f): 3:46pm On Jul 08, 2012
Never compare ur wife; a human being, ur soul-mate which God has given u to an ordinary machine. Even if she consumes more money, she's worth it because she talks and listens to you in good and bad times, the mother of your children and your companion for life. By the way can you talk, hug or have sex with your car? i dont think so.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Cuddlemii: 3:47pm On Jul 08, 2012
It all depends on the brand of the car and wife. Are they of high maintenance? Or not?

A car is meant for mobility and not for showing off or unnecessary luxury. If you purchase an affordable car that is durable (meant for naija roads, doesn't consume a lot of fuel and has good longevity) and also drive wisely, then a man should be fine.

If you marry a simple woman who is independent, resourceful and not a liability, a man would be fine.

They are both not comparable. It is the taste and acquisition for both that would determine how you disburse funds or maintain them. So choose a realistic car and a woman of integrity, once you have a happy peaceful home, irrelevant questions like this wont crop up.

A husband should also be a good manager of resources,invest, spend wisely and cut cost when necessary. Once you are a good economist and accountant, both the wife and car would be affordable to maintain.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Exponental(m): 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2012
Hw can u compare a woman n a car? I'm not married but if u compare my fiancee with material thing, na fight u dey find ooooo.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by nwanze2: 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2012
Its wrong 2 compare the two
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Orikinla(m): 3:55pm On Jul 08, 2012
WIFE NA LIFE INSURANCE AND WILL COST MORE. EVEN DIVORCE WILL COST MORE.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by crackhouse(m): 4:08pm On Jul 08, 2012
Neoviper147: [size=16pt]Children or no children if my wife bleeps up, i will get rid of her. [/size] embarassed
how did u do this? The "F" was not changed by NairaLand.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by Decryptor(m): 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2012
ekt_bear: A woman can do things that will bring you great happiness.

A car can't do these same things cheesy
The question was "Which is expensive to maintain" NOT "Which one brings happiness". No wonder people write JAMB 5 times.
Re: A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? by segzicres(m): 4:33pm On Jul 08, 2012
adefash:
U'R WRONG! whatever u do for ur wife or child,u take the glory.so everything man does is for man.
Ur very. Stupid. 4 dis. Reply............y. Did. D man. Marry. If all he is. Doing. Is. For. Himself? Y no. Stay. Single. N. Do everything. For. Himself? Pls. Thing. B4 u post. Shit...........+ dat. Ur "cover. D shame. 4. D man". Post. Is. Equally retarded......there r 2 ppl in. A. Marriage. Not 1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is This Breastfeeding Or Bosom Display & I Wasn't Looking Too Much? / WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? / What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.