Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) (15403 Views)

Can An Ipad With Only WIFI Work In Nigeria(enugu) / How To Recover Photos From An Ipad? / I Just Made A Phone Call With An Ipad - How Can I pi.mp Mine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by martyns303(m): 3:56pm On Jul 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

Ever since I discoveed how to download to my Ipad without jailbreaking it, I have barely gone close to my Mac book
beside stuffs that are available only on Itunes? mind taking the blind fold off our eyes? grin
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Bawss1(m): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

What can a Laptop do that an Ipad cant?!

There is only so much media one can hold with 64Gb of memory.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
Things broke people say grin
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by KokoBeware: 4:01pm On Jul 10, 2012
1. iBooks is the best eReader out there: To many book-lovers (me included) this happens to be one of the best apps that the iPad offers. It feels as large as a book in your hand, has a large collection of e-books and enables you to read in pitch darkness even as your significant other snoozes away peacefully. Also, the virtual bookshelf does not take up space while even a small collection of real books will eat up the free square area in your home. (and you can get a wonderful collection of free ebooks)

2. It’s a great toy for all ages. An iPad has revolutionized the toys industry. In the past, you got your child a huge, bulky toy that did and said smart things when you pressed a button, only to find that your child has gotten bored of the oh-so-expensive toy in a couple of hours. Enter iPad. Search the apps for children’s apps, and you get some 3482 results. Every app is actually a separate toy that can keep children occupied for ages, and teach them a thing or two as well, something we will explore in more detail in the next point.

3. Educational Apps. Not only is an iPad the ultimate toy with its games and activities, it is also an excellent educational device that can help your child grasp ABC’s, alif-baay-taa, spelling, math, languages, science, art and religion. It can unleash the hidden artist inside a two year-old with the added bonus that since all colour pencils are virtual, there is no way an iPad crayon will find itself writing on the wall. For a two year-old that is just learning to experiment with her fingers, what could be more fun than a screen that is so responsive it makes a line wherever she touches it? Read along stories are also excellent apps for younger users.

4. Business presentations are easier and more fun with my iPad. I load all PowerPoint slide decks on my iPad, open them in my “Keynote” app and dock my iPad to a projector using a 2k5 naira VGA adapter. Using my iPad for presentations is a timesaver because there is no boot up time. My iPad never fails to generate interest from audience participants who think it’s cool to use an iPad in a presentation. And it’s just plain fun to advance slides by touching the screen. I no longer haul my laptop on business trips. This makes getting through airport security a lot easier and faster.

5. Battery life. The iPad offers a whopping 10 hours of battery life and it lives up to its claim even after extensive use. Just to see if Steve Jobs’ claim about the battery life were in fact true, I put the device to the test, playing videos, games and TV apps. The iPad’s performance was as advertised.

6. iCloud. Apple iCloud is amazing.. u never have to lose any important data again, cos they are automatically stores on Apple’s servers many of the new files that a person loads onto a Mac, iPad or iPhone, and then make those files available on any other Apple devices owned by the same person.

7. Simplicity of the OS and web experience. The Apple iOS is neat and uncluttered and a great way to navigate the web. With most major news channels and websites, and social media networks (apart from Facebook) coming up with their own iPad apps, it is highly convenient too. Start-up and rebooting is quick and straightforward and it goes without saying: compared to a PC the iPad is ultra-portable, and very, very cool.

8. App Store. The App Store offers over 90,000 apps that can be downloaded by the users. Be it business or play or news, weather or radio, there is something for everyone whatever you need is there.

9. Better than the competition. Samsung Galaxy Tab, Motorola Xoom, RIM’s PlayBook and the Asustek’s Eee Pad Transformer are all alternates to the iPad, which is by far the most popular Tablet PC on the market. One reason for that could be that the App Store has more apps than any other competitor, and that consumers prefer the stylish hardware that Apple offers. It represented 75 per cent of all tablet PC sales in 2010.

10. …………………………..

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by forkadict(m): 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

What can a Laptop do that an Ipad cant?!

Ipad no fit play blue film from CD. You sabi those 24-in-1 CDs? But with your lappy? Na carry go!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by mrman2(m): 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2012
If you don't like it that's your buisness, if you like it, then good for you.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Maleeq(m): 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2012
fork adict:

Ipad no fit play blue film from CD. You sabi those 24-in-1 CDs? But with your lappy? Na carry go!
shocked grin lipsrsealed
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by AnotherOkija: 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2012
martyns303:
beside stuffs that are available only on Itunes? mind taking the blind fold off our eyes? grin

~Bluetooth:

You download through store or iTune ? Abeg hit me.

As an Igbo man, you know say you suppose drop small thing... Nna this is a top secret that ndi Apple do not want you to know, but our company in China has developed this app, that can undo many things... Maka chukwu, you will be amazed..

Infact, I downloaded a zip file last night and it unzipped it on my Ipad..

Nwokem lets talk biz... Tell me which bank you use so I can send you my account number for internet transfer. Just a small token of 10,000 naira.. cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by AnotherOkija: 4:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
fork adict:

If you still dey buy blue film for 2012, then nwokem you are living in the stone age..
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by forkadict(m): 4:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
Another Okija:

If you still dey buy blue film for 2012, then nwokem you are living in the stone age..

Nna. That is.... na you get ya mouth
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by AnotherOkija: 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
fork adict:

Nna. That is.... na you get ya mouth

I sure say na cassette you dey even buy with that cassette rewinder wey we been use during the war.. With that TV wey ehn remote get wire.. grin
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Otutu1(m): 4:25pm On Jul 10, 2012
People hate what they don't understand, poster probably never had an iPad.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by forkadict(m): 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
Another Okija:

I sure say na cassette you dey even buy with that cassette rewinder wey we been use during the war.. With that TV wey ehn remote get wire.. grin

LMAO!!!!!!!!! You don craze i swear
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Burger01(m): 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
Dislike it so much.. Can't even ping and YES its socially secluded... Mtcheew.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Ninilowo(m): 4:41pm On Jul 10, 2012
I use samsung galaxy pro with android application and ALL I repeat ALL features of samsung galaxy tab are there from ANDROID MARKET (google play) and it is as cheap as ......... the ONLY difference is just the screen size. so buying the tab is just for the effizy and at the same time it makes some1 a target for the hoodlums.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by nanidee(f): 4:43pm On Jul 10, 2012
Another Okija:

As an Igbo man, you know say you suppose drop small thing... Nna this is a top secret that ndi Apple do not want you to know, but our company in China has developed this app, that can undo many things... Maka chukwu, you will be amazed..

Infact, I downloaded a zip file last night and it unzipped it on my Ipad..

Nwokem lets talk biz... Tell me which bank you use so I can send you my account number for internet transfer. Just a small token of 10,000 naira.. cheesy

lmao. . . now, this really cracked me up cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2012
All these points are not enough to stop me from getting an Ipad. At the end of the day the ultimate thing that will help decide is not whether it is good or bad (which is relative), but my choice.

So I choose to use and continue using an Ipad.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 10, 2012
Bawss1:

There is only so much media one can hold with 64Gb of memory.

yeah . . one wonders why jobs refused to slap on an sd slot or two
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by francis247(m): 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
Highbros:
#10 You will also need a laptop whether you like it or not.
GBAM!
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by sarutobie(m): 5:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
lacasa:

Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥a Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥a

The ipad is still useless if u ax me. Once u g@ Ūя̲̅ laptop the ipad seems more useless, basic use = only 4 effizy n 'notice me'

tongue
From your text format,I can safely say you use a blackberry.isn't that also regarded as a 'notice me' fad in nigeria?..may be you know more than the people who produce and use the ipad?..talk about double standard
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by omodapson(m): 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

Hmmm.. Quite hard to argue with you on that one..

LRRH! That says it all.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by AnotherOkija: 5:41pm On Jul 10, 2012
oyb:

yeah . . one wonders why jobs refused to slap on an sd slot or two

I want to believe that the reason is because the apps suited for the Ipad are rather small in size... Its hard to find a 500mb app.. so it would take you forever to fill an Ipad with 64gig worth of apps or even 64 gig worth of songs purchased from Itunes...
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by WhyAWhy(m): 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2012
Well it depends on the intended user. I do heavy multimedia and write softwares and just got into apps. My iphone is for testing. Used ipad for about one month and had to part with it. Nothing beats the company of my laptop. Like i said it boils down to what you do with what you have.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by tjadeba(m): 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2012
fork adict:

Gba o! Man mi..I like your ingenuity joor..your name says it all grin
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 10, 2012
Another Okija:

I want to believe that the reason is because the apps suited for the Ipad are rather small in size... Its hard to find a 500mb app.. so it would take you forever to fill an Ipad with 64gig worth of apps or even 64 gig worth of songs purchased from Itunes...

i think an sd card slot would bust apples profit margins

on some apple wishlist thread, it was pointed out that with an sd card slot, peeps would just buy 16gb ipads

as to filling an ipad with 64 gig worth of apps

one thing i'd want to do with an ipad is store video tutorials so i can watch them on the go, or before i go to sleep etal ( typical tutorial can come to 3gb of videos)

you'd be suprised at just how fast that 64gb will fill up, especially with hd videos
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 7:06pm On Jul 10, 2012
You're being biased. Don't bring it on here. You sold your iPad probably because it was too expensive for you to maintain. Have a nice evening
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Waltro(m): 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
Oh well, different strokes for differnt folks. Its all about the utility you derive from the device, I personally love gadgets and technology and I find them useful for work, communication and entertainment. The poster's reasons and argument are very basic/elementary, pple buy this device because they derive benefits from them (be it vain, emotional or functional). I use an iPhone 4S, its more expensive than an iPad but it doesn't make me foolish because because I've spent all that money on a phone. Its simply what I like, afterall there are pple who think devices are silly but these same people will spend more than the cost of this device (that I can use for more than a year) in one night at a club or beer parlour or spray that amount of money at a ceremony/occasion....in the end it all boils down to utility.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2012
Sisi_Kill: I swear, we have got to be the only people who make a FEDERAL CASE about EVERYTHING!!!

10 reasons not to use Green Cup

15 Reasons not to eat Yellow banana

44 Reasons not to stand under the tree

97 Reasons not to get wet

Why for goodness sake, why??!! cheesy cheesy

Use your Ipad any which way you like if you have one and if you don't let others be!!

Haba!!!

....lol
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Are you serious ? I've tried couple of time trying to download elsewhere but it wont cuz my iPad hasnt been jailbreaked.Some guy told me i wont be able to download from store and iTunes if I jailbreak it.is that true ?

That's a monumental lie! I jailbroke my ipad 3 like a week ago and ive bn able to dl apps, books, music etc from itunes store. So go ahead wiv the jail break but mk sure u back up ur ipad first incase u need to r estor e it to its original state and make sure u use cydia jailbreakin software
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 10, 2012
oyb: where's that thread about things broke people say?

Knock-out
grin cheesy grin
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Okijajuju1(m): 9:41pm On Jul 10, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Are you serious ? I've tried couple of time trying to download elsewhere but it wont cuz my iPad hasnt been jailbreaked.Some guy told me i wont be able to download from store and iTunes if I jailbreak it.is that true ?

With my app, you don't need to jailbreak.. Infant, you will buy the app from iTunes for 2.99 USD for the full version.. It's the best thing o happen to my iPad.. I swear..
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by zenus(m): 10:11pm On Jul 10, 2012
Try an interacting text books apple and see for yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Must See:how To Get A Macbook Pro For Free (100% Genuine) / Does Scanning Of Pictures Requires Ink? / Visafone Internet Connection! Any Hope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.