Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) (15402 Views)

Can An Ipad With Only WIFI Work In Nigeria(enugu) / How To Recover Photos From An Ipad? / I Just Made A Phone Call With An Ipad - How Can I pi.mp Mine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by ebbymayox(m): 10:15pm On Jul 10, 2012
the fact that the ipad ain't useful for you ,doesn't mean it should be the same for others,I have one ,and can say it's something that's a neccessity for me been a student.I use it for lots of stuffs.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 11, 2012
Screen Size a Bit Disappointing, allot of people like apple products though, they easily synch and are easier to use for some people.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Jay5000(m): 1:01am On Jul 11, 2012
You neva own an Ipad. It owns you...makes u a slave to steve jobs. It's easier to see honest politicians in 9ja dan to get free stuff from the appstore. no memory card slot, everything's proprietary and has to be synched. Stupid itunes hardly eva connects to itunes store. u have to go online and submit ur card details b4 dis tool lets u use ur own device. I even have to create copies of the same movie for it to play on different media players. It's only good 4 facebook,twitter, angry birds and 4 effizzy. Dunno wat to do wit mine. Android devices are waaay beta.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by kalufelix(m): 1:39am On Jul 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

Unfortunately so is a Laptop, a desktop and even a good calculator.. Nothing good comes cheap..

It may not be the best solution for taking notes in class (especially if you are not a profiecient typer, but I beg to differ on editing documents..

This makes absolutely zero sense and reeks of utter bullshit.. What isnt distracting?! Your blackberry is distracting, the Nigerin movies you watch is distracting every darn thing in this life has the potential to be distracting... DISCIPLINE is the key word here..

More Bullshit.. What in this world isnt distrcutable?! Your car, your wristwatch, your mobile phones, your sunglasses, even your paper noe book (try letting it slip and fall into a pool of water).. The keyword here again is CAREFULNESS...

This is a poor mans mantra.. Everything you own in this freaking world is desirable to another person.. So why should that stop me from enjoying life.. Just because your house looks big and would attract thieves, would you live in a mud house?! Nwokem wise up..

I dont even know how to answer this because it simply means you are ignorant of the device called an IPAD.. Rather than seclude sir, it brings you closer to the world.. E.g, Facebook, Twitter and almighty Skype and facetime.. Be informed..

You just revealed your ultimate problem.. BROKE-ASSNESS.. So just because you cant resell e-books, makes it worthless... I cant educate you on this one.. You seem to have crossed the treshold of redemption..

Again this reeks of abject bad belle and futher explains your problem.. Inferiority complex.. You just called an Ipad a status symbol.. A device that has been embraced widely in the business and educational world.. Nwokem, you need Jesus..

No sir.. Just like the Laptops and desktops.. you do not need to dash out and buy the latest model of a device.. The honest truth is that with the exception of upgrades to firmwares, Operating systems and a few technical designs, the funtionality of all Ipads have not changed till date.. the Ipad 1 does the exact same thing the Ipad 3 does... My advice is stick to the one you've got.. The pentium computers can still do the same basic work the core 2 duo does.. Just that it the core 2 is faster..

Not if you know how to use the Ipad properly you dont.. Again sir, you need to keep up..

so u actually took out tym to counter d op wit dis rubbiish? U re soo soo wrong
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by kalufelix(m): 1:57am On Jul 11, 2012
Waltro: Oh well, different strokes for differnt folks. Its all about the utility you derive from the device, I personally love gadgets and technology and I find them useful for work, communication and entertainment. The poster's reasons and argument are very basic/elementary, pple buy this device because they derive benefits from them (be it vain, emotional or functional). I use an iPhone 4S, its more expensive than an iPad but it doesn't make me foolish because because I've spent all that money on a phone. Its simply what I like, afterall there are pple who think devices are silly but these same people will spend more than the cost of this device (that I can use for more than a year) in one night at a club or beer parlour or spray that amount of money at a ceremony/occasion....in the end it all boils down to utility.
good one!...u ve said it all
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by xJaysonx(m): 2:54am On Jul 11, 2012
I so go with number 10, lol... So very true!
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by canadaik(m): 4:51am On Jul 11, 2012
I'm not sure if this is a stupid question, but can any one tell me the difference between an Ipad and a tablet(like android tablet) answers would be appreciated
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by ORAFA(m): 7:58am On Jul 11, 2012
ebamma: u are right,ipad, galaxy tab and other tablets are just meant for effizy,a laptop is a better option
Will u kip ur laptop open all day so u get instant mails? @OP its not applicable to all students. Personalise it by putting ur name instead of 'students'.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Okijajuju1(m): 8:13am On Jul 11, 2012
kalufelix: so u actually took out tym to counter d op wit dis rubbiish? U re soo soo wrong

And all you could come up with is 'YOU ARE SO WRONG'?!

Atleast I had a counter arguement thats better than 'you are so wrong'.. I guess your brain is still booting.. EWU Abia state..
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by chinene1(f): 9:45am On Jul 11, 2012
The best Tablet PC for students is the Sea-net Tablet PC, its very cheap with features like Screen Size: 10 .0 inch mini touch screen. Delicate body, lightweight and portable, Android Operation System: Google Android 4.0 operating system. With your Google account, you can download a huge variety of free and paid software from the Android Market.
E-Book Reader: supports Word, Excel, PPT, PDF file format. Enjoy reading anywhere
WiFi: 802.11 b/g Check emails, connect online, or surf the Web with advanced WiFi technology.
Camera (front and Back): 2.0M pixels, for photo shooting, video recording or video chatting
Communication software: Skype, MSN, Google Talk, E-mail, etc.
Language: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, German, Greek, English, Spanish, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesia, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, Tagalong, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese.
additional Features include
The touch screen tablet PC supports Ethernet via an adapter
Media player (video, music, photo), digital picture frame, Internet web browser
Support 3G wireless network, Call in and out,
The Google Android tablet PC Supports YouTube, Google map
Support TF card (up to 32GB)
3G/GPS/BT Support for built-in--3G(WCDMA/ Blue Tooth. GPS
Full format, full HD; more who have both HDMI HDTV output
you can visit www.seanetng.com for more information or send an email to vivian@seanetng.com
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by greenhope(m): 10:18am On Jul 11, 2012
I concur
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by kalufelix(m): 1:36pm On Jul 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

And all you could come up with is 'YOU ARE SO WRONG'?!

Atleast I had a counter arguement thats better than 'you are so wrong'.. I guess your brain is still booting.. EWU Abia state..
yea... of course you can run ur fingers anyhow on ur keyboard...its a faceless forum isnt?
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
kalufelix: yea... of course you can run ur fingers anyhow on ur keyboard...its a faceless forum isnt?

#StillBooting.... 10% complete
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Ossaifamous(m): 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
buy it if u have to....
people will always say sth
if I had the cash I would buy it
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by kollysnut(m): 9:40pm On Jul 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

Unfortunately so is a Laptop, a desktop and even a good calculator.. Nothing good comes cheap..

It may not be the best solution for taking notes in class (especially if you are not a profiecient typer, but I beg to differ on editing documents.. Soyinka pele o... Na n sabi english paSs. Ape

This makes absolutely zero sense and reeks of utter bullshit.. What isnt distracting?! Your blackberry is distracting, the Nigerin movies you watch is distracting every darn thing in this life has the potential to be distracting... DISCIPLINE is the key word here..

More Bullshit.. What in this world isnt distrcutable?! Your car, your wristwatch, your mobile phones, your sunglasses, even your paper noe book (try letting it slip and fall into a pool of water).. The keyword here again is CAREFULNESS...

This is a poor mans mantra.. Everything you own in this freaking world is desirable to another person.. So why should that stop me from enjoying life.. Just because your house looks big and would attract thieves, would you live in a mud house?! Nwokem wise up..

I dont even know how to answer this because it simply means you are ignorant of the device called an IPAD.. Rather than seclude sir, it brings you closer to the world.. E.g, Facebook, Twitter and almighty Skype and facetime.. Be informed..

You just revealed your ultimate problem.. BROKE-ASSNESS.. So just because you cant resell e-books, makes it worthless... I cant educate you on this one.. You seem to have crossed the treshold of redemption..

Again this reeks of abject bad belle and futher explains your problem.. Inferiority complex.. You just called an Ipad a status symbol.. A device that has been embraced widely in the business and educational world.. Nwokem, you need Jesus..

No sir.. Just like the Laptops and desktops.. you do not need to dash out and buy the latest model of a device.. The honest truth is that with the exception of upgrades to firmwares, Operating systems and a few technical designs, the funtionality of all Ipads have not changed till date.. the Ipad 1 does the exact same thing the Ipad 3 does... My advice is stick to the one you've got.. The pentium computers can still do the same basic work the core 2 duo does.. Just that it the core 2 is faster..

Not if you know how to use the Ipad properly you dont.. Again sir, you need to keep up..

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by mikron(m): 11:35pm On Jul 11, 2012
#10 You will also need a laptop whether you like it or not. i like this part
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Ronaldo200(m): 5:44am On Jul 12, 2012
Like most technologies, an iPad in the hands of the wrong user can be about as useless as giving a blind man a Mercedes Benz. Whereas some other people will fully maximize it to its potential.
In my work we were all equipped with iPad to take on the road with us to meet clients.....all our presentations are done using Keynote (apple equivalent of PowerPoint) and Word (equivalent of Excel). Students can use it for this too. Unless one has a very portable laptop, the iPad is convenient to carry around. Students can use it to record their lecture notes, watch videos whilst on the go, use the educational apps available for download (visit App Store and see how many educational apps there are). If into shares, manage your share accounts in amazingly interactive ways or if into news one can get quick easy and free access to iPad versions of almost every global newspaper. Students that need to scan their documents, with the correct app downloaded can do so directly from their iPad.

And that is just some of the educational things......not to mention all of the other benefits that it has. Yes it is "expensive", so if one doesn't need it then maybe it's more of a luxury than a necessity. Some will say "you still need a laptop anyway" but that's just like saying why have a mobile phone cos u will still need a landline. Why build a house in the city cos u will still need build one back in the village. Why own a motorbike cos u would still need a car. If you got money for life pleasures, why not buy it?
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Okijajuju1(m): 8:06am On Jul 12, 2012
mikron: #10 You will also need a laptop whether you like it or not. i like this part

The truth is that we in Nigeria are very Limited by the poor state of the Internet we have..

When I was in the Apple store, I saw the sales guys use Ipads and Ipods to its fullest potentials and let me say that apart from syncing you photos and music.. The Ipad is a device that can be used independent of a computer... Even to print!!
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 12, 2012
Another Okija:

I want to believe that the reason is because the apps suited for the Ipad are rather small in size... Its hard to find a 500mb app.. so it would take you forever to fill an Ipad with 64gig worth of apps or even 64 gig worth of songs purchased from Itunes...
So the 64gb is an application memory? By their post you shall know them.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Okijajuju1(m): 10:05am On Jul 12, 2012
Highbros:
lipsrsealed

Indeed sir, by their posts you shall them.. However, I must add that by their ability to read a post & comprehend it, you shall know their I.Q Level... And yours sir is definitely single digit!!

I will leave you to further confound yourself with my post!! You don set SAT test for yourself..

#I can bet you will reread my post which you quoted and then regret rushing to attack it!!

Bloody knob!
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 12, 2012
Okija_juju:

The truth is that we in Nigeria are very Limited by the poor state of the Internet we have..

When I was in the Apple store, I saw the sales guys use Ipads and Ipods to its fullest potentials and let me say that apart from syncing you photos and music.. The Ipad is a device that can be used independent of a computer... Even to print!!
Not just by saying "use to its fullest", what exactly did they do with it? Even a nokia phone can print.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:24am On Jul 12, 2012
Highbros:
Not just by saying "use to its fullest", what exactly did they do with it?even a nokia phone can print.

Everything in the store was done from an Ipad.. From shopping (selecting the make, model and color of any apple device in the shop you wanted), to calling for an assistant.. The Iphones were used as barcode scanners and your reciept were wirelessly printed off of a printer.. Thats where I also saw Icloud being used.. From migrating files to uploading!!

Infact, I saw apple in an all new light!! Wireless, portable and genius!
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by zenus(m): 7:09pm On Jul 12, 2012
Highbros:

Sorry, you go it wrong. Most application I have are 1GIG and above.
My Oxford is 400MB and I do have game of 1.8GIG.
so check from the users before you expost your ignorant
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by zenus(m): 7:13pm On Jul 12, 2012
oyb:

i think an sd card slot would bust apples profit margins

on some apple wishlist thread, it was pointed out that with an sd card slot, peeps would just buy 16gb ipads

as to filling an ipad with 64 gig worth of apps

one thing i'd want to do with an ipad is store video tutorials so i can watch them on the go, or before i go to sleep etal ( typical tutorial can come to 3gb of videos)

you'd be suprised at just how fast that 64gb will fill up, especially with hd videos

I also have have 2 HD movie of 4.2GIG each still on my iPad
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2012
zenus:

u dey try o

does ipad support mkv files?
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Okijajuju1(m): 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2012
zenus:

How did you pull that off?
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by xJaysonx(m): 4:25pm On Jul 13, 2012
Okija_juju:

oyb:

u dey try o

The ipad can do almost any and everything even more than your laptop and desktop when you jailbreak it!
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by AnotherOkija: 4:53pm On Jul 13, 2012
x Jayson x:

The ipad can do almost any and everything even more than your laptop and desktop when you jailbreak it!

I'm not a fan of jail breaking!! All my shit is legit!

I have a jail broken Itouch though and its not fun!!

Since I found the app to download straight off the internet to my Ipad without a PC, I am fine. Now I can get my 4shared songs on my Ipad direct.. And I didnt jailbreak it!
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by zenus(m): 6:57pm On Jul 13, 2012
Okija_juju:

wifi

oyb:

u dey try o

Oplayer and lots of other players support that.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) by Okijajuju1(m): 7:24pm On Jul 13, 2012
zenus:

wifi

Oplayer and lots of other players support that.

Is your IPad jailbroken?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Must See:how To Get A Macbook Pro For Free (100% Genuine) / Does Scanning Of Pictures Requires Ink? / Visafone Internet Connection! Any Hope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.