Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 (27393 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by antitpiah: 9:19pm On Jul 18, 2012
Look at the cast, there is no single Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani . . . if the rest of us do the same thing to them in politics, Ibos cry marginalization, secession, racism etc.

I guess, the lesson here is that Ibos can continue to cast only their fellow Ibos in Nollywood, the rest of Nigeria, especially the Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba hegemony, will continue to cast their fellow tribesmen in politics. shikena
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Olaone1: 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Kolade9(m): 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2012
Waiting for the movie afolayan claimed would win him an oscar. Watched figurine,onpoint. Seen trailers of last flight to abuja,mirror boy,phone swap etc they're gud nollywood films.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by chetaraph(m): 9:37pm On Jul 18, 2012
chetaraph: where can i get or download this movies plsssss?

sumone should please answer me.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by antitpiah: 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ola one: cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Professor, take a look at this thread and make a comment.

https://www.nairaland.com/993218/harassment-nigerian-female-students-needs#11473195

Am I correct with my explanation WRT when to us "a" vs "an"
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Olaone1: 9:43pm On Jul 18, 2012
antitpiah:

https://www.nairaland.com/993218/harassment-nigerian-female-students-needs#11473195

grin grin grin grin

Stranger, heavens know you that you're always correct. wink wink wink

Walahi, you are a Mensa.

BTW, don't ignore me again oo, kachiko?

I will stalk you forever . . . . and ever smiley
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 18, 2012
antitpiah: Look at the cast, there is no single Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani . . . if the rest of us do the same thing to them in politics, Ibos cry marginalization, secession, racism etc.

I guess, the lesson here is that Ibos can continue to cast only their fellow Ibos in Nollywood, the rest of Nigeria, especially the Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba hegemony, will continue to cast their fellow tribesmen in politics. shikena
You are correct a little bit.....
Its not only igbos....can't u see omotola in last flight to abujå, omoni in feathered dreams, anchor baby.

And again.....most of those producers are yorubas
Figurine-kunle afolayan
Phone swap- kunle afolayan
Tango with me- mohammed Ali balogun.....

There are other great producers such as tunde kelani, tade ogidan (Ogd) [the master of all thém all]. He was the one who began the high budget films....and he is stepping up his game each time.

Now what am I driving at? These yoruba producers still cast igbos and other tribes no matter what (maybe that shows they are less of a tribalist).........and I have even watched yoruba films where igbos are casted eg Uche Jumbo, oge Okoye, chidi mokeme, and many more....

Why I think you are wrong is that, Nollywood also involve yoruba movies so...
And most people now prefer yoruba movies cos even if it is not a high budget, be rest assured that it is in high definition with perfect audio quality and editing.

For a person like me for example....though I don't understand yoruba that much, the quality of their movies attracted me. Now if I want to buy yoruba movies, I watch out only for a good story, but when I want to buy an English movie (especially the low budget ones)....I first visit review sites and all that cos I'm watching out for both quality and good story.

I specifically run away for movies that carry the tag 'great future productiond', 'god is good limited' etc......and any Chinedu or chukwuka productions...

What am I saying......the yorubas cannot claim being marginalised in the industry. Only the hausas can..although, I see some of them in yoruba movies....and halima abubakar also act in English movies

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Olaone1: 10:13pm On Jul 18, 2012
antitpiah:

Just to inform you, Stranger, I read it immediately you posted the said comment cheesy
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by antitpiah: 10:15pm On Jul 18, 2012
^^^

I see. Thanks professor. grin
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Olaone1: 10:56pm On Jul 18, 2012
antitpiah: ^^^

I see. Thanks professor. grin

You are welcome, Sir wink
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 18, 2012
Lol.....nairaland never seize to amaze me.......

I posted a comment.....they first of all hid the 3 comments...
Later it showed, I even wanted to thank them before....bt lo and behold, 2 of the comments have disappeared again(to think its a post a took my time to put up). My question is are you guys jinxed? Or you are just generally sick? Mtcheew.

Btw, pls can someone here tell me how a nairaland acct can be deactivated. I'm beginning to weigh that option.......
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Kazeem1987: 12:41am On Jul 19, 2012
all4naija: Must it always be about ethnicity?

That's how it is with Igbos. It always has to be an ethnic thing with them. The moment you turn the tables they scream discrimination. undecided

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Kazeem1987: 12:43am On Jul 19, 2012
Half a Yellow Sun?

I'm not watching that crap. Hollywood are just going to make the 'poor old Igbos' look like the innocent little victims. I'll pass...
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by babyboy3(m): 1:30am On Jul 19, 2012
ijebabe:
And why would you be featured? tongue

I am looking forward to it. I want to be proud of Nigerian movies!

The last time I checked it wasnt a Nigerian production
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by SisiKill1: 1:40am On Jul 19, 2012
ijebabe:

You must be very stupid if this is the only contribution you saw to make to this tread.

dont8, abeg don't bother explaining, it's really not worth it.
But we are waiting for an explanation for you naa. cheesy
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by SisiKill1: 1:45am On Jul 19, 2012
speedyboi: Lol.....nairaland never seize to amaze me.......

I posted a comment.....they first of all hid the 3 comments...
Later it showed, I even wanted to thank them before....bt lo and behold, 2 of the comments have disappeared again(to think its a post a took my time to put up). My question is are you guys jinxed? Or you are just generally sick? Mtcheew.

Btw, pls can someone here tell me how a nairaland acct can be deactivated. I'm beginning to weigh that option.......
Just stop logging on.

Simple.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Csami(m): 1:50am On Jul 19, 2012
speedyboi:

Hey....if you have not watched the movies....just shut ur crap....abeg.

And for those who didn't wait for the page to reach frontpage b4 they started their ethnic foolishness again; if you must know....most of those movies are produced by non igbos......

Except for producers like izu ojukwu and emem isong....the rest are hustlers.

Phone swap, tango with me, etc....are produced by yoruba guys....peace out.

And to those talking abt the white guys in the poster....well most of high budget Nollywood movies are being shot abroad (USA, UK, Ukraine etc....) and some other african countries Like Ghana , gambia etc....only few are shot in nigeria....I wish someone can tell me a good reason for that...
bros, i say i no dey watch am abi na force.....if they like let them shoot it in mars.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 19, 2012
Is Half of a yellow sun now a nollywood production because it was written by a Nigerian and is being shot in Nigeria? undecided

Anyway can't wait to watch it.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by oobim(m): 5:45am On Jul 19, 2012
All d nice movies are still in d making,.Silverbird Abj dont seem to have movies to show anymore.Proud of my 9ja people.Whoeva thot we'd get here!
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by oobim(m): 5:56am On Jul 19, 2012
una don turn am to tribal bashing.youroba,when shall u grow and become independent?when shal u stop suckn an aboki's dirty brokos?is it cos they forced u to their stinking religion?shame!keep hating on any progress d igbos make.nsokor!we don't die,we multiply.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by babyboy3(m): 6:12am On Jul 19, 2012
The only thing Nigerian about the movie is the story, production company is foreign, all the major parts are been acted Hollywood stars only cameo roles been handed to the Nollywood wannabes
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Azidogen2: 6:57am On Jul 19, 2012
the major thing is this: all nigerian so called movies are absolute wastes.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Ignatio(m): 7:34am On Jul 19, 2012
This is the real Nollywood. I definitely got to return to scripting.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by ijebabe: 8:22am On Jul 19, 2012
baby-boy:

The last time I checked it wasnt a Nigerian production
I get you but that does not mean its not Nigerian. We need collabs like this to improve the industry smiley
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by omar22(m): 8:50am On Jul 19, 2012
I get you but that does not mean its not Nigerian. We need collabs like this to improve the industry

Would you call "The King of Scotland" a ugandan movie?

would you call Blood Diamond a Ivorian movie?

Would you call the Italian Job an Italian movie?

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by ijebabe: 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2012
ijebabe:
I get you but that does not mean its not Nigerian. We need collabs like this to improve the industry smiley
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Kehnyshavin: 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2012
guy,are there links 2freely download these movies online?if yes,pls do share the links.not a nollywood freak,bt methinks iShould watch 'em now for a change,no?
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by VillageBoi(m): 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2012
dont8: Well said man. Just like Ije said, am looking forward to Last flight to Abuja because of the victims of Dana air mishap (may their soul rest in peace) and this 76 lions, can't wait to see them, but don't know about others.

Last Flight To Abuja was brilliant, I totally loved it.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 3:04am On Jul 20, 2012
I sort of imagined Beyonce as Olanna; fits in better- the full figure, beauty and everything wink

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Csami(m): 7:05am On Jul 20, 2012
Cori_corde: I sort of imagined Beyonce as Olanna; fits in better- the full figure, beauty and everything wink
only beyounce? Try michelle obama, she also a perfect fit.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 20, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Just stop logging on.

Simple.

I don't want my username and topics hanging in the air. And I don't want my username to continue to add to the number of nl members.
Csami: bros, i say i no dey watch am abi na force.....if they like let them shoot it in mars.
No one is forcing u to watch id/iot, I only told you that since you don't watch the perfect Nollywood productions....just shut ur mouth and stop condemning it.
o.obim:
una don turn am to tribal bashing.youroba,when shall u grow and become independent?when shal u stop suckn aboki's dirty brokos?is it cos they forced u to their stinking religion?shame!keep hating on any progress d igbos make.nsokor!we don't die,we multiply.
You are an id/iot....so Nollywood is the handiwork of igbo guys now? If people should consider what your fellow igbo guys almost turned the industry to(cos of your god is the king production limited) no one will watch them again.
stillwater: Is Half of a yellow sun now a nollywood production because it was written by a Nigerian and is being shot in Nigeria? undecided

Anyway can't wait to watch it.
baby-boy:
The only thing Nigerian about the movie is the story, production company is foreign, all the major parts are been acted Hollywood stars only cameo roles been handed to the Nollywood wannabes
omar22:

Would you call "The King of Scotland" a ugandan movie?

would you call Blood Diamond a Ivorian movie?

Would you call the Italian Job an Italian movie?

People will never seize to amuse me with their inferiority complex. so cos a movie is being sponsored by a foreigners its no longer a Nollywood movie. Mtcheew. Okay I get, only the crappy ones are Nollywood movies. Nigerians will never learn to appreciate what is theirs.

So films like missing link, paparazzi etc that are filmed by foreign production companies/studios are no longer Nollywood movies.....mtcheew, I give up on you guys! It is your destiny to lick a/sses
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 3:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
speedyboi:

I don't want my username and topics hanging in the air. And I don't want my username to continue to add to the number of nl members.
No one is forcing u to watch id/iot, I only told you that since you don't watch the perfect Nollywood productions....just shut ur mouth and stop condemning it.

You are an id/iot....so Nollywood is the handiwork of igbo guys now? If people should consider what your fellow igbo guys almost turned the industry to(cos of your god is the king production limited) no one will watch them again.

People will never seize to amuse me with their inferiority complex. so cos a movie is being sponsored by a foreigners its no longer a Nollywood movie. Mtcheew. Okay I get, only the crappy ones are Nollywood movies. Nigerians will never learn to appreciate what is theirs.

So films like missing link, paparazzi etc that are filmed by foreign production companies/studios are no longer Nollywood movies.....mtcheew, I give up on you guys! It is your destiny to lick a/sses
It is a movie set in Nigeria but not a Nollywood movie. Nollywood movies are movies that are produced and financed by Nigerians in Nigeria. This movie is a foreign movie that the story revolves around Nigeria. Why's that so hard for you to understand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBNaija: MC Galaxy Donates N300,000 To Nina's Fans To Vote For Her (Photo) / 5 Ways To Know Its A Nollywood Movie Without Seeing The TV Screen / Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.