Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,329 members, 7,954,332 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:49 PM

7 Annoying Things About Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Annoying Things About Lagos (12318 Views)

Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra / Annoying Things GEJ/PEJ Apologists Say In Their Defence / Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by kenniology(m): 11:54am On Jul 10, 2012
Hurry hurry life style, opend cleavage 4 u 2 peep n loss control....

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by alaoeri: 11:56am On Jul 10, 2012
austinsmat: i hate to live in lagos even with millions the best city to live is kano i love the city
Kano ko kano ni with all the bombing and killing, hot sun, flies, almajiris among others. @ topic agberos, excessive flood and over population nevertheless lasgidi most happening city in 9ja.
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by francis247(m): 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
dadde: Dear Nlanders, there are several things that could make one go crazy in Lagos. i think the following will be chief among them.
1. Traffic
2. Bad Road
3. Ladies pinging while driving
4. Bad Roads
5. Land Lord aggression.
complete the rest
why not tel us 7 anoin tins about ur family?
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by ayox2003: 12:01pm On Jul 10, 2012
Ninilowo: different comments for different areas. if [b]U live in Ajangbadi and I live in VGC [/b]definitely we are going to have different views of Lagos.
The OP was talking about a panoramic view of Lagos, irrespective of Ajegunle or Banana Island. Traffic occurs both on the mainland and Island. Stop bragging jare!

Frawzey.
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by ayox2003: 12:02pm On Jul 10, 2012
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by dabrake(m): 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2012
austinsmat: i hate to live in lagos even with millions the best city to live is kano i love the city
yes, it is the finest city to live in with the fear of a bomb blast
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by jeddyMay(f): 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2012
in all, Lagos is too much. ur experience will determine ur view abt lagos bt all ds issues/points are d reason LAGOS is'LASGIDI'. at my area, power supply is superb.
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Copiousworld: 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
The roads in Lagos are not so bad compare to many other states with less traffic. Traffic congestion is a result of poor road network and overcrowded cars. Lagos need to build more roads and few overhead bypass to ease traffic. Funny enough i love Lagos.
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 10, 2012
lmaooo at some responses.......... grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by elampiro(m): 12:06pm On Jul 10, 2012
There is a difference between living and existing. Lagos lifestyle makes the inhabitants more of people who only exist; suffering and smiling. Most people in Lagos are unaware of their condition because they have not tasted the smooth city life in some other states capital in the country. Places where you kick your car, hit your friend's house at the other end of the city within minutes, and drive around to places of interest within couple of minutes. You leave work and hit home within 15 minutes, etc. In Lagos, one outing could consume your day and your weekend is ruined. The whole Lagos actually smell because of stagnant water/flood in the gutters and places. But people shouldn't hate LASMA because they have brought discipline to traffic. It used to be far worse when I lived in Lagos between 2000 and 2001. I only occasionally visit Lag now. It is too noisy, too many people, too many vehicles, too many smoke from cars, choked houses without space for children to play around some vegetation or field. Too serious a people, a sign they aren't actually happy. Lined up shops, long buses and molue packing people like sardine, the drivers and conductors are unnecessary aggressive and look like people who aren't concern taking good care of themselves; I sometimes wonder if they have homes and family to return to. A man with a wife dresses well to work, and not wearing dirty shirt trousers and boxers shorts in irritation of passengers. Lagos na wa!

2 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by purplekayc(m): 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2012
elampiro: There is a difference between living and existing. Lagos lifestyle makes the inhabitants more of people who only exist; suffering and smiling. Most people in Lagos are unaware of their condition because they have not tasted the smooth city life in some other states capital in the country. Places where you kick your car, hit your friend's house at the other end of the city within minutes, and drive around to places of interest within couple of minutes. You leave work and hit home within 15 minutes, etc. In Lagos, one outing could consume your day and your weekend is ruined. The whole Lagos actually smell because of stagnant water/flood in the gutters and places. But people shouldn't hate LASMA because they have brought discipline to traffic. It used to be far worse when I lived in Lagos between 2000 and 2001. I only occasionally visit Lag now. It is too noisy, too many people, too many vehicles, too many smoke from cars, choked houses without space for children to play around some vegetation or field. Too serious a people, a sign they aren't actually happy. Lined up shops, long buses and molue packing people like sardine, the drivers and conductors are unnecessary aggressive and look like people who aren't concern taking good care of themselves; I sometimes wonder if they have homes and family to return to. A man with a wife dresses well
to work, and not wearing dirty shirt trousers and boxers shorts in irritation of passengers. Lagos na wa!

Hahhahaahha! grin. But I still feel its place to be sha , there are still places u can live and enjoy life like lekki and ikeja 4 example
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Ninilowo(m): 12:16pm On Jul 10, 2012
didadavid: These annoying things are what make Lagos worth living. I'm currentl in Abuja for a job and I miss my dear crazy Lagos
Yeah. you are right. Also lagos is the place where there is possibility of meeting someone u ve lost contact with for a long time.
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Etumgbe(m): 12:17pm On Jul 10, 2012
Bottle of star selling for 220 naira
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by dadde(m): 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
another thin i hate about Lagos is seeing ladies pinging on Okada
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by tintingz(m): 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
blogger1.0:
I heard that in lagos there are alot of people fcking everywhere in the streets and in nearby bushes too.
where you see bushes for Lag? Lagos no be village oh, na big megga city bubble thingz no dulling

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by ochiaha1(m): 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2012
1. Annoying and dangerous-driving commercial bus Drivers.

2. Omo Onile

3. Flooding

4. Noise. From music stores, houses, generator sets(even on the street, you cannot hear yourself think !!!)

Despite all the above, Lagos is the place to be in 9ja wink
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by yemmight(m): 12:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
achi4u: lagos is too dirty and noisey

Do you know Lagos at all?
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Ninilowo(m): 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2012
ayox2003:
The OP was talking about a panoramic view of Lagos, irrespective of Ajegunle or Banana Island. Traffic occurs both on the mainland and Island. Stop bragging jare!

Frawzey.
Am not bragging sir. I live at the ais force base here and I dont think the place is any thing to brag about eh? what am saying is that there is possibility of some not leaving his area. That is why we say NO FAMILY FOR LAGOS and in military it is NO PADDY JUNGLE.

Do I make myself clear sir!
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by chmod777: 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2012
190: [color=red]I heard that the entire Lagos smells and the people in it tooundecided
Yes Two of my friends visited Lagos from Europe different times , different areas and they confirmed that right from MMA, everywhere stinks.[/color]
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by dabrake(m): 12:31pm On Jul 10, 2012
Ninilowo: different comments for different areas. if I live in Ajangbadi and you live in VGC definitely we are going to have different views of Lagos.
i think it's better that way
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by vanstanzy(m): 12:32pm On Jul 10, 2012
dadde: Dear Nlanders, there are several things that could make one go crazy in Lagos. i think the following will be chief among them.
1. Traffic
2. Bad Road
3. Ladies pinging while driving
4. Bad Roads
5. Land Lord aggression.
complete the rest

dadde, u tried, but i don't think i'll be completing it SEVEN.
Terrible things about Lagos are;
1. Filth includes defecating and urinating everywhere, don't forget constantly blocked sewage system.
2. Population explosion, some of these people have no business being in Lagos.
3. Okada riders, very stubborn people
4. Danfo drivers, very stubborn too
5. Agberos'/ NURTW boys, birds of a feather i call them
6. Noise pollution (both from people and vehicles)
7. Bad roads
8. Electricity
9. Too much aggression exhibited by almost everyone. Always claiming right, even when they are wrong.
10.When it rains and flood stricken
11.Traffic jam
12.Crime
13. Market women that hurl curses at u the moment u don't patronise them.
14. Rush especially in driving.
15. Air pollution (both from people and vehicles) grin grin grin grin
16. Stubborn private drivers especially those that phone behind the wheels.
17. The Police
Have i said enough.
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Orikinla(m): 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
1. Filthy stinking streets.
2. Lousy motorcyclists.
3. Bad roads.
4. No Future Ambition (NFA) girls and boys idling away at viewing centers and on the streets and having carnivals that do not add anything to our GDP.
5. Noise makers from the mosques.
6. Overcrowded streets.
7. Hordes of dirty Hausas in Ijora.
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
.....wen I open my window, Na anoda pesin room I dey see....if he dare open b4 me, Na my room d window dey for dat day be dat.
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by dadde(m): 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2012
vanstanzy:

dadde, u tried, but i don't think i'll be completing it SEVEN.
Terrible things about Lagos are;
1. Filth includes defecating and urinating everywhere, don't forget constantly blocked sewage system.
2. Population explosion, some of these people have no business being in Lagos.
3. Okada riders, very stubborn people
4. Danfo drivers, very stubborn too
5. Agberos'/ NURTW boys, birds of a feather i call them
6. Noise pollution (both from people and vehicles)
7. Bad roads
8. Electricity
9. Too much aggression exhibited by almost everyone. Always claiming right, even when they are wrong.
10.When it rains and flood stricken
11.Traffic jam
12.Crime
13. Market women that hurl curses at u the moment u don't patronise them.
14. Rush especially in driving.
15. Air pollution (both from people and vehicles) grin grin grin grin
16. Stubborn private drivers especially those that phone behind the wheels.
17. The Police
Have i said enough.

you look like someone that can do more. say more
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by vanstanzy(m): 12:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
Orikinla: 1. Filthy stinking streets.
2. Lousy motorcyclists.
3. Bad roads.
4. No Future Ambition (NFA) girls and boys idling away at viewing centers and on the streets and having carnivals that do not add anything to our GDP.
6. Overcrowded streets.

Three gbosa! for u my guy. No.4 is TOTALLY on point.

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Nightshift(m): 12:39pm On Jul 10, 2012
Stinking open gutters, and perhaps the over 20 billion mosquitoes!!
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by dadde(m): 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
Orikinla: 1. Filthy stinking streets.
2. Lousy motorcyclists.
3. Bad roads.
6. Overcrowded streets.

o boy u don tire for lagos
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by vanstanzy(m): 12:41pm On Jul 10, 2012
dadde:

you look like someone that can do more. say more

Let me go take some OXYGEN now and i'll be back with more.
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Rhino5dm: 12:41pm On Jul 10, 2012
Lagos this, Lagos that yet the eastern and northern parasites constantly migrate there? Irony!

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by dadde(m): 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2012
vanstanzy:

Let me go take some OXYGEN now and i'll be back with more.
make it snappy
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by vanstanzy(m): 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2012
Nightshift: Stinking open gutters, and perhaps the over 20 billion mosquitoes!!

Guy, u are SO right. But don't 4get the hoard of blood-gutted flies, really sickening.
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by chuquiz(m): 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
who started this thread for christ sake. Lagos is a concrete jungle,let it sink into your heads. its where you toil and increase faster than any part of the country. The facts about the environment can be disheartening cause i know its being supported by people who didnt have a clue of how to slug it out while they were here, hence , the damning post.
One thing, if you dont like it here , abeg dey go your papa village abi Abuja too don full?, or has boko haram made y'all reconsider returning to Eko??, lwkmd,no room!
Eko oni baaje

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment / Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! / PHOTOS: Osinbajo Recognises Beneficiary Of The Market Moni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.