Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,742 members, 7,955,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:23 PM

7 Annoying Things About Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Annoying Things About Lagos (12319 Views)

Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra / Annoying Things GEJ/PEJ Apologists Say In Their Defence / Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by DidierKing: 4:44pm On Jul 10, 2012
The most annoying thing about Lagos is the Yoriba Fuji Music Blasting from speakers in full blazing sun...Now that sucks big time
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by pcicero(m): 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2012
dexcity: Who told you that its only Lagos that has Airport(s)??

"Some of them are forming diasporan, writing nonsense grammar...'I heard...I heard...bla, bla, bla. Whereas most of them have never been to any airport be it local or international."

What part of that is difficult for you to comprehend?
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by meetmeonline: 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2012
dadde: another annoying is that is LASMA

[size=14pt]If you are an old and honest driver, you will acknowledge LASTMA is the best thing that has ever happened to the traffic of Lagos[/size]

They have reduce hold-up in the town by over 40%
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by dadde(m): 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2012
meetmeonline:

[size=14pt]If you are an old and honest driver, you will acknowledge LASTMA is the best thing that has ever happened to the traffic of Lagos[/size]

They have reduce hold-up in the town by over 40%
and there corruption rate has increased by 200%
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 10, 2012
1. Someone bashing your car and saying sorry in return; and everyone expects you to forgive and go fix your car because he has said sorry.

2. Someone comes to your office and starts speaking yoruba with you without having to find out if you understand yoruba.
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by kettykin: 6:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
How about the floods, the ocean surges and the lack of drainages with open dirty Gutters.
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Dhelake: 6:57pm On Jul 10, 2012
C mouths like mosquitoes ar evriwhere, av u been to all parts of lagos ,.. Are their mosquitoes in VGC? Lekki? ....
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2012

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Audinowing(m): 7:19pm On Jul 10, 2012
omo_to_dun:

Madam Ileke, no man will ever complain about having a [i]p[/i]enis. It is a symbol of power and authority!
U too much
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by damilarelr(m): 8:33pm On Jul 10, 2012
Annoying things? I take Lagos as a true representation of Nigeria, because one thing is sure but God forbid:if the whole Lagos is fenced and bombed today, every family in other parts of the country will mourn! Eko o ni baje o!

2 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by MickeyBricks(m): 8:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by MickeyBricks(m): 8:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
vanstanzy:

dadde, u tried, but i don't think i'll be completing it SEVEN.
Terrible things about Lagos are;
1. Filth includes defecating and urinating everywhere, don't forget constantly blocked sewage system.
2. Population explosion, some of these people have no business being in Lagos.
3. Okada riders, very stubborn people
4. Danfo drivers, very stubborn too
5. Agberos'/ NURTW boys, birds of a feather i call them
6. Noise pollution (both from people and vehicles)
7. Bad roads
8. Electricity
9. Too much aggression exhibited by almost everyone. Always claiming right, even when they are wrong.
10.When it rains and flood stricken
11.Traffic jam
12.Crime
13. Market women that hurl curses at u the moment u don't patronise them.
14. Rush especially in driving.
15. Air pollution (both from people and vehicles) grin grin grin grin
16. Stubborn private drivers especially those that phone behind the wheels.
17. The Police
Have i said enough.[/b]

LOL @ too much aggresion from everyone
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Ogbonaikenna(m): 8:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
I hate the cult activities in bariga. Everyday shooting and running. That really suck.s
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Meridian(f): 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
- Omo nile
- exhorbitant house rentage
- Tax forces every where
- LASMA's unlawful laws
- Begers every where including patients in admission
- indiscriminate sales of drugs in a moving commercial vehicles
- indecent sales of meat (cow, goat etc)
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Darey00(m): 10:17pm On Jul 10, 2012
smh...although i reside in d outskirts of lagos (Agbado),i luv the hustle and bustle of Lagos.i'v been to 5 states but none can beat the even distribution of ruggedness,noise,heavy traffic and constant buzzling dat Lagos has. From Ikeja to Ikoyi,u always get d big-city feeling. Haters,go and die...Las gidi rocks jor
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by olaheavy: 11:04pm On Jul 10, 2012
ANNOYING THINGS ABOUT LAGOS STATE? Here we go:
(1) So many Igbos and other Eastern mofos swarming about like cockroaches!
(2) Millions of mushroom and mega churches disturbing your peace!
(3) Noisy iso oru (night vigils) going on at odd hours! I mean, crazy christian zealots blaring microphones at 2AM and all through the night with impunity!
(4) Illegal preaching on commercial buses like danfo and molue. One stupid christian fatherfucker (usually of Igbo descent) will just rise up and start barking and hymning like a bastard dog to disturb your peace and quietude.
(5) People pushing wheelbarrows as omolanke.
(6) Bosikoro (used clothing sellers usually the Igbos) smelling like dead Biafran ragtag 'soldiers' - sorry - boyscouts.
(7) NURTW touts and thugs exthorting money from motorists.
(cool Omo onile menace is actually annoying for want of a befitting word!
(9) The okada commercial motorcyclists are daily posing danger. The govt. ought to ban them immediately.
(10) Hundreds of the Ekenedili Chukwu buses entering the state daily packed full of the migrants from the East! Men, it's crazily annoying! I think the Easterners should sit back in the East. And, if they must emigrate at all, let them go innundate Abuja with their illegal selves. I think we're tired of them flooding Yorubaland with their Biafran a.rses and still get dirty mouths to talk bad about us. Crazy mother and fatherfuckers!

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
omo_to_dun:

Madam Ileke, no man will ever complain about having a [i]p[/i]enis. It is a symbol of power and authority!

LOL @ this mind game. grin
I wish I had a vagi na, I mean, what else is strong enough to push out 7+ pound baby? A pen is? Surely, not.
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by 190: 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2012
chucky234: 190 wetin dey worry you nah,I pour you acid via bluetooth ooo

okay you agreee that you lagosians smell undecided
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by olaheavy: 11:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
Dr. Wise:
1. Someone bashing your car and saying sorry in return; and everyone expects you to forgive and go fix your car because he has said sorry.

2. Someone comes to your office and starts speaking yoruba with you without having to find out if you understand yoruba.

(1) I'm with you on this. The attitude is demeaning and senseless. However, remember, actually the majority of the alayonuso ('pokenosers') are oftentimes from the East. They're the ones that will congregate and readily quip: 'Aha! But e don beg you now. Abi wetin you wan get again...haba! e don say sorry now.'

(2) Yes, on this one, it's natural - because you're in Yorubaland, so they expect you to be able to speak and understand the language of the land. If this practise is annoying to you - well, too bad for you. If you choose to live in a culture you have to assimilate and respect the particular culture and its owners -- and not to bring your uncouth and uncultured way of life from your Eastern hellhole to shove it down their throats. My advise to you is to sit your a.rse back in the East or f.uck off to Abuja. And, don't no mofos like 'afamdeneva' and 'Ak47' bring out their usual and shameless lame defense of 'Lagos used to be a Federal Capital' bulls.hit. Because that's even silly of you maggots - why don't you baboons go over-populate Calabar (or is it Port Harcourt?) since one of these used to be the Capital of Nigeria. So, why you people are daily trooping into Lagos and other Yoruba areas I really don't understand. And your other flimsy excuse of you helping us to develop our region makes no sense at all. Why are you helping to develop your sworn enemies' homeland while leaving your own in tatters? Please, leave Yorubaland and go develop your erosion-drenched East, mofos!

3 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Songitto(m): 1:25am On Jul 11, 2012
blogger1.0:
I heard that in lagos there are alot of people fcking everywhere in the streets and in nearby bushes too.
lie,wir do U̶̲̥̅̊ see bushes in lag
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Songitto(m): 1:33am On Jul 11, 2012
Meridian: - Omo nile
- exhorbitant house rentage
- Tax forces every where
- LASMA's unlawful laws
- Begers every where including patients in admission
- indiscriminate sales of drugs in a moving commercial vehicles
- indecent sales of meat (cow, goat etc)
U̶̲̥̅̊ did not mention awon omo shubi and
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Songitto(m): 1:42am On Jul 11, 2012
Songitto: U̶̲̥̅̊ did not mention awon omo shubi and
one chance...guy annoying thingz in lag Iڪ unlimited,but lag Iڪ a lively place to based
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Novice1(m): 3:32am On Jul 11, 2012
Orikinla: 1. Filthy stinking streets.
2. Lousy motorcyclists.
3. Bad roads.
4. No Future Ambition (NFA) girls and boys idling away at viewing centers and on the streets and having carnivals that do not add anything to our GDP.
5. Noise makers from the mosques.
6. Overcrowded streets.
7. Hordes of dirty Hausas in Ijora.

F**k U
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Novice1(m): 3:44am On Jul 11, 2012
Whats annoying about Lagos?

EVERY darn thing wrong with the black man:

Arrogance-even beggars
Cheating- down to the sachet water hawker
Deception- "Worship houses" fleece people with the promise of more wealth (sophisticated ponzi scheme).
Under-capacity in everything-roads, bridges, social amenities, eveeryhting

In an nutshell, it is a honey pot that attracts flies to their death.
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by JimmyBoy1: 5:53am On Jul 11, 2012
Traffic jams and Area boys.
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by JimmyBoy1: 5:55am On Jul 11, 2012
Forgot to add omo-onile though they are still a variant of area boys.
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 11, 2012
Sike:
My Regards to the Boko's.
Lwkmd
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by phantom(m): 10:27am On Jul 11, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by Dhelake: 10:37am On Jul 11, 2012
phantom: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
is dis hw every part of lagos luks like ... Mofo
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by phantom(m): 10:46am On Jul 11, 2012
Dhelake: is dis hw every part of lagos luks like ... Mofo
look at that picture figuratively and you,ll understand..... grin grin grin grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by dadde(m): 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2012
phantom: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
this is not the Lagos i know. may be your village. the Lagos i know , every body has at lease two generator so there is no way there will be an outright black out.
Re: 7 Annoying Things About Lagos by dadde(m): 5:37pm On Nov 28, 2012
I am somebody, i give people helmet before election and collect their bikes after election.
Who am i?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chimda Hedima- The Pilot Beheaded By Boko Haram / The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment / APC/PMB: FG Projects Nationwide. Ongoing PICS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.