Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,552 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? (9292 Views)

Lady Snatches Friends Boyfriend And Weds Him Secretly (Photos) / Ladies,will U Rock This? guyz,can your girlfriend wear this? (photo) / How Will You Handle A Feud Between An Ex Boyfriend And A Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2012
I'm considering sewing ankara (native wear) for occasions like weddings or church services etc. I really want to know if I can sew for my girlfriend with same fabric material cos she usually accompany to such events or is it meant for married couples onlu to dress in same fabric material?

Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2012
It's no big deal! Its actually a cute idea coming from a guy.

It's totally ok! Go on sohun!

Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by cindyrella(f): 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
Choi See question abeg.

Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by mspookie: 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
boyfriend and galfriend!!! has he proposed? so, when he gets married to someone else or viceversa;i'l throw d pics and my native away i will prefer to live in the real world than an imaginary world...looks gud tho!
Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2012
The answer is yes they can. Simply because it's their choice to make.

But personally? You won't catch me dead, wearing same outfit with a girlfriend. That is because such privilege is solely reserved for my wife.

I know some cultures have different views on this, but this is what i will do.
Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by omega25red(m): 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2012
Poster

IMHO i would say leave that for married folks. I say that because single people relationships are to volatile. As much as you might love each other today, tomorrow might be a different case.

Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 10, 2012
ms pookie: boyfriend and galfriend!!! has he proposed? so, when he gets married to someone else or viceversa;i'l throw d pics and my native away i will prefer to live in the real world than an imaginary world...looks gud tho!
I share this sentiment too. That is one of the reasons why i won't.

It is also not recommended for boys who change girlfriends like pampers, because, one day alarm go blow and the cockroach will realize that it has no business somersaulting into the midst of chickens. . . .

Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by tpia5: 1:58pm On Jul 10, 2012
And what happens if you end up not getting married?

The aso ebi become momentos?
Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by Sijo01(f): 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
Not too cute....except you want to be labeled husband n wife before your time.

Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by drnoel: 3:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
Idowuogbo: It's no big deal! Its actually a cute idea coming from a guy.

It's totally ok! Go on sohun!

madam sorry to disappoint u but that idea is totally, completely and defintely female. No man in his right sense, I repeat only a very small number of men would think wearing Aseobi with their partner is cool (looks around and says "don´t tell wifey I said ooo" ). Don't ask me why cos I don't know so it must be a male thing cos its definitely female thing to want to wear aseobi with her loved one.
Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by mspookie: 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2012
drnoel:

madam sorrz to disappoint u but that idea is totally, completely and defintely female. No man in his right sense, I repeat only a very small number of men would think wearing Aseobi with their partner is cool. Don't ask me why cos I don't know so it must be a man think cos its definitely female thing to want to wear aseobi with her loved one.

ON that note, i disagree! talk for yourself and we will respect ur opinion...shikena!!! have u checked? OP is a man(am guessin in his right sense too)
Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
drnoel:

madam sorry to disappoint u but that idea is totally, completely and defintely female. No man in his right sense, I repeat only a very small number of men would think wearing Aseobi with their partner is cool (looks around and says "don´t tell wifey I said ooo" ). Don't ask me why cos I don't know so it must be a male thing cos its definitely female thing to want to wear aseobi with her loved one.
ms pookie:

ON that note, i disagree! talk for yourself and we will respect ur opinion...shikena!!!
We have spoken!
Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by Mynd44: 3:30pm On Jul 10, 2012
sexkillz: The answer is yes they can. Simply because it's their choice to make.

But personally? You won't catch me dead, wearing same outfit with a girlfriend. That is because such privilege is solely reserved for my wife.

I know some cultures have different views on this, but this is what i will do.
Even wife sef, it will be very difficult
Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by drnoel: 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2012
ms pookie:

ON that note, i disagree! talk for yourself and we will respect ur opinion...shikena!!!
I stand to be corrected, if u think I am wrong. But I don´t think am talking just of myself cos I have shared this opinion with friends and family. Women find it more interesting than men 4 sure, but men don´t really. Any contrary opinion is welcomed.
Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by Mynd44: 3:33pm On Jul 10, 2012
^^
Yes. Men are incomparable in it

Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by mspookie: 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2012
Idowuogbo:

We have spoken!

Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by beylinko(m): 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2012
Y will u draw unnecessary attention 2 yoursef. Even married couples hardly wear asoebi nowadays.
I hv been in a church where a guy n his babe wore d same ankara. As d man of God was talkin,d msg drifted 2wards d subject of man and his wife and he made reference 2 dem. I cnt recal d actual questn he asked d girl but dey wer clearly embarasd n it was visible dey were nt married.
Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by omotohdarajugbogbolo: 4:23pm On Jul 10, 2012
Would not be caught dead in that!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry

Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:25pm On Jul 10, 2012
ms pookie:

Meaning......

U said it all.
Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2012
nedu213: I'm considering sewing ankara (native wear) for occasions like weddings or church services etc. I really want to know if I can sew for my girlfriend with same fabric material cos she usually accompany to such events or is it meant for married couples onlu to dress in same fabric material?
No, you will look like a jerk. Improvise.
Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by Exponental(m): 6:12pm On Jul 10, 2012
As 4 me....no big deal!!
I once coincidentally wore it with her 2 her church on a friday wen she invited me 4 a program.
Service went on n offering was not distrupted!

Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by searchcorp(m): 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
Big waste of money. They should better start saving in some joint account somewhere for their unborn kid.
Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by Ibangap(m): 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
omega25red: Poster

IMHO i would say leave that for married folks. I say that because single people relationships are to volatile. As much as you might love each other today, tomorrow might be a different case.
And 2moro will d ashoebi come nd hunt them?
Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by freecocoa(f): 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
Personally i wouldn't wear asoebi with a boyfriend,I'd rather wait till we are married.

Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by brabus(m): 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2012
tpia@:
And what happens if you end up not getting married?

The aso ebi become momentos?

In most cases, such relationships don't end up in marriage. Why should you brand her?

I did with my wife but that was 2 weeks to our wedding. You know nau, "unleash the dragon"
Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by Chaydee(m): 6:43pm On Jul 10, 2012
where are the Frontpage Surveyor?
Guess they are not complaining again

Personally, i think it's fair and there's nothing wrong since they both pay for the Cloth na grin grin grin
Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by kepsi123(m): 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2012
if you are sure it's your final bus stop. please do. if not, you are passing the wrong message to the lady.
Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by Beowulf(m): 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
OP for me it's a no! Personally, I dislike PDAs and uniform outfit between dating folks is an extreme display of PDA in my books. I can understand if you guys were married.

Finally, can you truly say that you have not given her the impression that you would marry her by wearing uniform outfits to occasions with her? Marriage proposals must not necessarily be overt these days. To a dude, wearing same uniform with his babe may sound like a great idea at the time but the ladies have a way of reading a lot into gestures like these. After the asoebi wearing and you guys don't get hitched that would be facepalm and egg on the face territory. If you are my guy,rest assured I will rib you to death about it. My tuppence
Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by Pennywise(m): 6:48pm On Jul 10, 2012
It is not a good idea. Infact it is in bad taste. No responsible father will tolerate that from an unmarried daughter. Who knows what else they share behind closed door beside Asoebi.

Infact they will both make themselves laughing stock to people who know them
Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by nikkyshyne(f): 6:51pm On Jul 10, 2012
My younger sis did this crazy stuff with her indian bf to church just recently. Mhenn...I was maaaad angry. I told my sister to tell him not to come into the church or else I was gonna tell dad. He didn't come inside that day oo. What kind of embarrassment is that? angry

Re: Can A Boyfriend And Girlfriend Wear 'Asoebi' For An Occasion? by Tstark(m): 6:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
@OP,
Really? Why not throw in a tattoo of her face and name on your forehead while you're at it?

I Am MURDEROUSLY ANGRY. Jus Saw Unclad Sex Pics Of My My Step-mum &my Girlfriend / Reasons Why I Will Continue To Patronize Prostitutes / Why Do Guys Send Dick Pics To Women (adults Only Content)