Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor (23582 Views)

How Jonathan Appointed Suspected Serial Thief To Head Radio Nig - Premium Times / Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan / Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Shuen: 8:36am On Jul 12, 2012
This is super story. . .
Naija i hail thee shocked,this is can only happen in ma mother land
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 12, 2012
Questions y'all should be asking is if she is competent or not.

Being the wife of the president is not an official job, there is no constitutional office as "the office of the first lady".

There is nothing wrong with the appointment/promotion she received.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by rash47(m): 8:38am On Jul 12, 2012
In any milti-ethnic state world over,there's always a calamity when the minority lord over d majority. Mtceeew.....drunking fishermens
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by superior1: 8:40am On Jul 12, 2012
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! and we are here chewing cassava bread. LORD HAVE MERCY!!
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by mathskill: 8:41am On Jul 12, 2012
Jonathan is really proving he isn't in control of Nigeria for God's sake he can't even reign in his wife not to talk of boko haram.It serves those that voted out of sentiment.Breath of fresh air indeed.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Concept(m): 8:42am On Jul 12, 2012
J12:

She is a civil servant who was promoted. Deal with it.

It seems u dey on high level of coke if not ur academic attainment is in doubt because issue like this brings common logic.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Bastiger(m): 8:43am On Jul 12, 2012
tushutt: Wife of
Nigeria’s President, Dame Patience Jonathan, has recorded history as the
First Lady of the country to be appointed Permanent Secretary in a
state civil service.

Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State approved her appointment and
seventeen others into the state civil service on Wednesday in Yenagoa,
the state capital.

Also prominent among those appointed is Linnet Tebepah, wife of the
current Chairman of NDDC, Tarilah Tebepah.

Others include J.E. Oye, Samson Ayibeboa, Antonia Koroye, Ziwari Billie,
Buruboyefa John, Dikuro Ayebameh, Serge Williams, Olu Kuruom,
G.I.Izein, Philomena Alodie, Omietimi Kojo, Ese Izonebi, Ohougha
Maythias, James Clinton, Moses Teibowei, A. Samanyi and Vivian Odiowei.

Patience’s appointment as Permanent Secretary is already generating
public discussions in bars and government circles within Yenagoa even as
some political appointees are claiming ignorance on the development.

Head of Service, Gloria Izonfuo who signed the announcement broadcast on
the state radio station, 91.7 Glory FM, stated that by the
constitutional power conferred on the governor in section 203 (2) (c) ,
Jonathan’s wife and seventeen others had been elevated to the position
of Permanent Secretaries in the state civil service.

Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media and Public Affairs,
Daniel Iworiso-Markson, confirmed that the wife of the President was
elevated to the position of a Permanent Secretary and that it was a
routine action in the civil service.

source:
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2012/07/jonathans-wife-patience-17-others-appointed-perm-sec-in-bayelsa/

WTF!!! Nigeria has gone beserk patience jonathan permanent secretary?was she in the the civil service?and she has been gallivanting the world with GEJ?oh well,this has to be a foundation for something,either another avenue for massive looting with reckless abandon or something else that will come out in the open in due time.SMH
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Willzkid(m): 8:44am On Jul 12, 2012
KEEPING UP WITH THE JONATHANS....Even beaf don tire?

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 12, 2012
J12: Questions y'all should be asking is if she is competent or not.

Being the wife of the president is not an official job, there is no constitutional office as "the office of the first lady".

You are a foooooool! Where has she been working for the past seven years? Name the ministry!

We all know of Mary Odili who is now a Justice of the Supreme Court. She rose through the ranks.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by koolJ1(f): 8:47am On Jul 12, 2012
GEJ really doesn care wat we think ov him now...he knows he's failed himself and us so he's just trying to drag himself deeper into the meSs he's created cuz there really iz no way out for him. I'm positive there is more to come...let's all sit back and watch in our dazed states...

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by obongtunji: 8:47am On Jul 12, 2012
This is crazy, what the hell is wrong with dickson? I guess he is loosing his senses. These so call leaders are terrible set of people, i think we need a revolution following the footsteps of Ghana..........lop
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by TBD(m): 8:47am On Jul 12, 2012
Nigeria with their funny way of doing things how can first lady becoming perm sect that same time. I do not know why in this country you will never hear good news only terible and funny news. God safe us
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by owobokiri(m): 8:48am On Jul 12, 2012
This well deserved appointment was made in the spirit of national unity. Everybody should join hands together to move our great kwontri forward. DONT make statements that will overheat the polity, remember it is a nascent democracy. We are on top of the situation! My peepu Power is from god! How many times will i shay tha? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Ninilowo(m): 8:48am On Jul 12, 2012
Millenium madness!!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by pcicero(m): 8:48am On Jul 12, 2012
Demdem: My understanding is civil servants are normally promoted or appointed to permanent secretaries and not politicians. Perm sec positions arent for political jobbers but peeps that have been working within a specified ministry. Someone should kindly correct me if am wrong here.

You are very right and by the statues of Civil Service, you can't appoint someone on leave of absence. If she were a staff, she had been on a leave of absence since 1999 when her husband became the deputy governor.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Dee60: 8:49am On Jul 12, 2012
TRANSFORMATION in Progress! Expect more!!
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Dhelake: 8:50am On Jul 12, 2012
Beaf: Wrong move.
J12: Questions y'all should be asking is if she is competent or not.

J12:

She is a civil servant who was promoted. Deal with it.
it seems Beaf has been substituted for J12

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 12, 2012
Is it constitutionally wrong ? Is she qualified to be permanent secretary. I avoid to react emotionally on this, if the constitution is silent on this or does not kick against it, then I think its okay by me.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 12, 2012

eledalo:Computer 21 is malfunctioning! Someone call the technicians!

wrong sir - that's not computer 21 that's the SERVER and actually, it seems like it just started functioning AFTER A LONG VIRUS ATTACKS! undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by dont8(m): 8:51am On Jul 12, 2012
Beaf: Wrong move.
...in a zig-zag direction.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by idirect(m): 8:51am On Jul 12, 2012
pcicero: Oya, 40 Laptop squad, come and justify your pay here.

This country is doomed!
Our Server is down.
Our engineer is working around the clock to get it fixed.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by benjy4uy2k: 8:53am On Jul 12, 2012
Can someone help me out,Is the first lady's office official?if not why are they spending from the gvt treasury,is it possible for a person to hold 2 office,is it a political appointment or has been working there before been promoted to pemsec.yeye country
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by clemmonce(m): 8:53am On Jul 12, 2012
NOW I UNDERSTAND. APPOINTMENT IN NIGERIA IS NOT BY CREDIBILITY ANYMORE IT IS NOW BY KNOW ME I KNOW YOU. I REPEAT ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE JUST LUCKY NOTHING ELSE
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by owobokiri(m): 8:53am On Jul 12, 2012
kool J: GEJ really doesn care wat we think ov him now...he knows he's failed himself and us so he's just trying to drag himself deeper into the meSs he's created cuz there really iz no way out for him. I'm positive there is more to come...let's all sit back and watch in our dazed states...

Pretty dangerous if the shoeless one has arrived at that stage. He wasnt doing great when he looked like he worried about what the people made of his moves, now he doesnt "give a danm"! Tough! Both waays, you re screwed!
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by saddler: 8:53am On Jul 12, 2012
Viewing this topic: Aifey, Civildisle, Lawal.z, 1Dray(m), onisq(f), starlight®®(m), tomzman, fellory, bright007(f), ukhun(m), kunle75(m), benjy4uy2k, ping pong, ozoneamani, olaezebala, niyivasaz(m), cathy09, amunites19(m), bohboh275(m), Maxymilliano, jo22, Baba na Baba, Depointer1, learn, O boy, Deacon Frost(m), adamooye5, bodejohn(m), DePriest, ibto75(m), shineskybaba, meedx, skibochi(m), TheDoc, DemmyDaat(m), arocute, area_boy1(m), Edzy, kadeerna, Javanian(f), vxtr(m), soulamanne, Bastiger(m), Blueboy0402, Maryam(f), ujoatu(m), jaffidoni, gossips, davies123, Ayonbobo(m), dayohope1(m), dadde(m), ajbabs(m), piica(m), Willzkid(m), charlsecy4(m), Bunmiemich, kennysalaht, phrankar(f), pantex, adelaja70, winnepooh, EEL, dayolove, brainbox lawal, akoraye(m), Ournaija, Abali1, Coefficient(m), vocalist(f), Ladipodeal, kokoA(m), Greatfuture, www1985, saints4rea(m), kehinde21(m), omenziate, gbadeyan2, omoshie, Lordave(m), Vidamia(m), Chidave20(m), iskonne(m), J12(m), nenepea(f), obongtunji, freecreo(f), idirect, dont8(m), hipinnacle, Shuen, Tittos, hannie, bola-dex, malikworld, igbanbajo(m), owobokiri(m), rusher14, T@BD, Dmantle, Omen100(m), bayooooooo, gabmedia, Ninilowo, Okemm(m), superior1, pcicero(m), pseudonomer, greateros(m), samuelorija218(m), Dhelake, koolboi(m), saints_1(m), Obisach(f), Abimbade, naijababe(f), clemmonce, PeeDaVinci, haykay_Cheddah(m), Olivosky, sarutobie(m), kool J(f), Biggyd2, stuhporh, miketolu(m), ambrosini593(m), Dee60, aniffy4eva(m) and 145 guest(s)
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 12, 2012
Congratulations aplenty Madam Umblerra. Oye a mori o, oko oba, ada oba koni sa yin lese!
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Demdem(m): 8:54am On Jul 12, 2012
pcicero:

You are very right and by the statues of Civil Service, you can't appoint someone on leave of absence. If she were a staff, she had been on a leave of absence since 1999 when her husband became the deputy governor.

Thanks very much for this. i also know this also. Just interested in her department or unit before 1999. Considering the fact that this move is simply absurd. those laws simply needs to change.

Besides how will she be able to manage all her miserable NGO's and her new office coupled with being the Retardeen's wife?
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Aifey(m): 8:54am On Jul 12, 2012
I see d next gov. Of bayelsa. On sunday they wil tel u 2pray 4 Nigeria. Whil they spit on nigerias everyday n laugh. When this guy n PDP is done wit nigeria. I think Mali wil be better than us.
Proudly brought to you by "I had no shoes"

Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Bastiger(m): 8:54am On Jul 12, 2012
Mandelaguy: Get your facts right before you start making noise........it is becoming a trend in NL.

And i guess you have the hard facts dude,would you mind giving it to us raw here on NL?
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Logba: 8:54am On Jul 12, 2012
This country has finish. No respect for public concerns and gross abuse of office. Dame Permanent secretary in Nigeria ? I am out of here .....
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 12, 2012
Chrisegro: So madam Jonathan went to 'AN' higher institution!
grin #godiswatchingyou
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 12, 2012
Billyonaire: Is it constitutionally wrong ? Is she qualified to be permanent secretary. I avoid to react emotionally on this, if the constitution is silent on this or does not kick against it, then I think its okay by me.

It's not ok. It's a wrong move and demonstrates bad judgement at the highest level. It's the likes of Dickson that will eventually destroy GEJ.

The senior special assistant to the governor on media affairs, Mr. Daniel Iworiso-Markson, confirmed the appointment of Mrs. Jonathan Wednesday, saying that the governor, in doing so, only exercised his powers as enshrined in the laws of the state.

Iworiso-Markson explained that the First Lady was a teacher in the state’s civil service and has been on leave of absence since 1999 when her husband became the deputy governor of the state.

Source:http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/patience-jonathan-appointed-permanent-secretary-in-bayelsa-state/119883/

Has she resumed from leave?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pro-Giadom Forces Take Emergency NEC Meeting To Villa / Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu / ''FFK Kept In An Underground Cell In EFCC Office'' - Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.