Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

The PDP "Tsunami" Rally in Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The PDP "Tsunami" Rally in Lagos (1527 Views)

Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Sokoto, As Jonathan Visits Sultan / Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) / Buhari’s Abia Rally Dwarfs Gej's Rally In Abia [ Compare Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The PDP "Tsunami" Rally in Lagos by bolasho(m): 8:42am On Jul 26, 2005
I was fortunate to be at the PDP rally held on Saturday the 23rd of July at the Tafawa Balewa Sqaure, well it was a gathering of the PDP topshots.

But to me I see the rally as a missleading and miss-information instrument the PDP want to use in its quest to take over the Lagos (and NIgeria in general). How could the Chairman Board Of Trustee of the PDP Chief Tony Anenih , in his speech to the mammoth crowd, blame the continuous withholding of Lagos State Local Government Council funds by the Federal Government on the state government, and urge Lagosians to hold the Tinubu administration responsible for the economic hardship imposed on the people by the rift, and state that the creation of the new Local Government Areas is Illegal?

Whereas, the Supreme Court had declared that the Lagos State law that created the local governments is valid, after the Federal High Court in Abuja recently re-affirmed that the Presidency lacked powers to withhold funds belonging to any tier of the Federation, 

He(Anenih) also urged Lagosians to hold the state government also accountable for the situation of the Bar Beach, as he accused the government of fraud in the beach rehabilitation project.

"The Federal Government in 2001 initiated a rehabilitation work at the Bar Beach at the cost of N1.5bn. But Lagos State Government pleaded with Mr. President to allow it handle the project with an understanding that Federal Government would commit N3bn, so will a South Africa construction firm and Lagos State Government. The project would cost N9bn at the end of the day. But the state government failed on its part. So, the project is abandoned", he said.

In reaction to this, the Lagos State commissioner for information and strategy, Mr. Dele Alake, explained that Tinubu administration had consistently opposed the wasteful policy of throwing billions of Naira into the sea in the name of reclamation and this caused it to offer a more visionary alternative which, according to him, Anenih frustrated.

Alake said the PDP Board of Trustees chairman also exhibited “palatable ignorance” of the developments on the project since his exit from office as works minister, citing the recent approval by the presidency for the Tinubu administration to invite a new investor to transform the beach as a major progress on the project.

How can someone of his calibre say stuff like just because the PDP wants to take over power from AD in lagos.

I'm not an AD person but our so called leaders should not because of selfish reasons mislead us on issues like that, I believe Nigerians are more intelligent than what they think we are!

I want opinions on this issue (critics & backups)
Re: The PDP "Tsunami" Rally in Lagos by diakim(m): 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2005
They are all lying politicians. None of them is saying the truth.
Re: The PDP "Tsunami" Rally in Lagos by pintos(m): 11:25am On Jul 30, 2005
Last week, the PDP held a rally in Lagos which was tagged "Tsunami rally", with threats to "capture" Lagos for their party in 2007.
My humble question is why did PDP Vultures choose the use of the phrase "Tsunami" for their Political Rascality. I hear say Mr Presido dance Owambe for there.......... Make una help me see people were dey rule 'Giant of Africa'
. So help me God!
Re: The PDP "Tsunami" Rally in Lagos by tumfulu1: 7:37pm On Dec 24, 2009
bumpito

(1) (Reply)

Economic Development In Africa / Okigbo Panel Report On Oil Windfall Is Missing / Letter To Governor Raji Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.