Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? (16224 Views)

Poor Guys Don't Get The Most Beautiful But Get The Best Relationship / Ever Received A Rival's Call? / Best Relationship Quotes Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2012
Whether we like it or not, no one, and i mean no one is an island, especially when it comes to matters of the heart. . .

Some are just more experienced than others when it comes to advice. Likely because they have passed through a similar process as we are currently facing, and it's only natural for them to be in the best position to give advice. Unmarried ones look up to their parents, or uncles or aunts or "some" married friends or "some" more experienced friends, for advice, because, naturally, they "should" have passed through our youthful stages and their experience would be pretty valuable.

What is the best advice you have ever received from anyone? We all could tap a thing or two from the advice given to you. . .

Pls share.

1 Like

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2012
There is a time for everything. . . A time to laugh and a time to cry. A time to play and a time to be serious. You do not play when you are supposed to be seriously reading, else the consequences could be very disastrous. . . There is a time for relationships. When you get into one when it is not your time, you'll get burnt emotionally and beyond recognition.

There would always be someone for you. Do not think you cannot survive without a man or a woman. Face your books squarely when in school, get a job, and place yourself in a position whereby you will be ready for a relationship, and the challenges and consequences that comes with it.

Life is in stages. If you jump a stage in life, you would have lost the experience needed to move on to the next stage, and of course, you will be affected negatively. . .

Never be in a hurry. Hurrying to fall in love or get into a relationship could be detrimental to your emotional well being. If you take your time and prepare your mind and self, your mistakes would be minimal.

There is no perfect relationship. You work towards accepting the imperfections of the other and making them perfect "in your own eyes". . .

10 Likes

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2012
The best I have received is BE YOURSELF and follow your heart.....

1 Like

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by freecocoa(f): 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2012
Stay in love with 55% brain and 45% heart,don't let your heart take the greater percentage,it can be very dangerous if you do.

3 Likes

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Mynd44: 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2012
Mine is "avoid women, they are the worst thing that can happen to you".
Funny thing was that it came from a woman

5 Likes

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Brite02(m): 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2012
if u are too sincere and open...it will be a weapon against u.. Don't be so so predictable...

7 Likes

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by swtchicgurl: 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2012
Brite02: if u are too sincere and open...it will be a weapon against u..

what do you mean by being too sincere? to the best of my knowledge, sincerity is a good virtue.

@TOPIC
To keep improving on myself, so i can become a better person to my partner. People always say they want to meet their 'better' half, but aint any better either!

3 Likes

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by sayso: 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2012
@OP, Talk to the monks ,they will answer the first line of your post.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2012
Learn from your mistakes, and that relationship advice are idealistic but impractical.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by modele2: 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2012
'Hve patience, express the positive when you want to point out the negative- it can be so much worse'.

Another one is

'Pray more than you talk'. I actually talk alot and in the process say hurtful things i never meant so this one has particularly helped me
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2012
"Let him go"

Best advice ever!

1 Like

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by tunapawizzy: 2:32pm On Jul 13, 2012
always have a back up.........

3 Likes

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by llouis: 2:32pm On Jul 13, 2012
A man chases a woman till she catches him.

If you love her, don't let her go, eventually, when she falls for you, you'll be the one getting tired of her calling u 10 times a day

cheesy grin cool kiss

1 Like

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by youngmonie: 2:36pm On Jul 13, 2012
Dnt attach tooo much EMOTIONs to ur partner!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Mynd44: 2:37pm On Jul 13, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
"Let him go"

Best advice ever!
Awwww. Those guys don suffer
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by cyril83(m): 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2012
Stay away from yellow gurl and embrace ebony ones grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 13, 2012
she might felt she's doing d right thing
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by dramenda(f): 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2012
“ Don'
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Andrew3(m): 2:42pm On Jul 13, 2012
let her go she doent deserve you, but give me her number first angry angry angry
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:42pm On Jul 13, 2012
One of the best given to me:
"Everybody marries the wrong person, although we aim to marry the perfect person, then we spend our entire life trying so hard to change them. In short, my brother lower your expectations".

3 Likes

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by youngdee168(m): 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2012
Best advice i recieved 4rm a friend was to let go, she wuld surely cum bak if she is mine, dat is being determined and nt too desperate.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by dramenda(f): 2:48pm On Jul 13, 2012
Never make the mistake of dating a;
1, Short woman( devil)
2,Ijebu woman (stingy n greedy devil)
3,White garment church member.( Well don't know why)

2 Likes

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Faithlovewinner: 2:48pm On Jul 13, 2012
Follow ur heart.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by elyesh(m): 2:52pm On Jul 13, 2012
Do not take decisions when u r angry or tensed up cos u may take d wrong ones

3 Likes

Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by akereconfi: 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2012
::Andrew:::
let her go she doent deserve you, but give me her number first angry angry angry

lwkmd
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by yeahryt(m): 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2012
<dont u eva blame her> kinda works cheesy
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Freddieyankee(m): 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2012
Mynd_44: Mine is "avoid women, they are the worst thing that can happen to you".
Funny thing was that it came from a woman

So are you avoiding them or involving them
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Freddieyankee(m): 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2012
Brite02: if u are too sincere and open...it will be a weapon against u.. Don't be so so predictable...

Very true I b victim of that one
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by ITbomb(m): 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2012
Fhuck her befors Uche does
You never know say Uche go buy that home theater because of her so that she go come dey watch movie for him house
...and I did.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by ifihearam: 3:10pm On Jul 13, 2012
Mine is to alwys use condom
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by cindyrella(f): 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2012
Just let him go, he is not worth it!
Re: The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Received? by Andrew3(m): 3:14pm On Jul 13, 2012
cindyrella: Just let him go, he is not worth it!

hey babe i dey eye you since ooo wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Guys What Part Of Your House Impresses Your Ladies The Most? / Accessories That Would Make HER More Romantic / Before Going Raw Into Her, Do This And Thank Me Later (graphic Adult Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.