Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,378 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

The burning cold - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The burning cold (47251 Views)

Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) / Jos, December And Cold. / UNYIME-IVY KING – “burning Hurt” Akwa Ibom’s Bestfemale Literary Fiction Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 11:42pm On Oct 24, 2012
“I know you might be confused because if he was a servant of death,then he should not die but remember son, he is also human and the same laws that applies to all humans applies to him. He can bleed, cry, feel hungry and die just like everyone else”
All these were confusing but only one question was hitting my head
“mum, how do you know all this”
“for reasons you already know of since last night son, I might not be able to read your mind completely but I know what you were thinking”
“and that would be?”
“I am a witch. A fiend”
At the mention of this words, her skin changed, like all the melamine in her blood has been sucked out. Her skin lost colour and her face turned white, not white like the face of an European but white like the I was looking at the page of an exercise book.
The air around her darkened and the bonds holding her hair fell to the ground. She was lifted from the ground as though there were invisible strings on her shoulder and she just floated around the room.
Her voice lost the usual song in them as it became hoarse like thunder and when she spoke, her voice was not recognizable

“I am a creature of the ages”
“Powerful, wise and not to be angered by humans or otherwise”
At this time, I was up and hiding behind the chair. The air in the room was now warm not cold like before and the shadows that appear to have been floating around the livingroom seemed to have gone off.
She looked down at me and then drifted towards me. Her face still the same but has lost all element of colors.
“you should not fear me son. I am your mother and protector”
At this stage, it was too much to take and the power supply went off.
I hope you realize that I fainted

1 Like

Re: The burning cold by ijebabe: 12:16am On Oct 25, 2012
Lol, such a wuss!
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 7:25am On Oct 25, 2012
Call me a wuss(it’s not even a real word) all you want but at that time, everything around me was new. I did not ask for my mum to be a witch or my dad to be a worker for some arrogant boss who goes aboutputting his minions in front of you to access you brain to figure out if you are trying to conspire against him or not. All these were new to me at that age and although I was out of school and was about to take on the world, I did not know I already has a offer of a lifetime.
When I came to, I was hoping I was in a hospital or that I had woke up and found out that everything that has been happening was all a dreamand I could go back to being with Chidinma and so it seemed. A soft voice was calling me. The whole world around me was actually moving like it was some kind of dream but I knew I was not asleep. The voice came again while I sent a little probe down my head to make sure this was no dream and all the information that came back told me it was not.

The voice came again calling my name and I got out of bed except this was not my room. It looked like my room but everything was all wrong like it was a scene from your dreams where you are just planted in a location and although it looked real, there was an aura of unreal around. I rubbed my eyes and looked to a far corner to where the voice calling my name was and I made for the door. Just as I was about to run my hand over the door to turn the knob, it sprung open. On the other side of the door, was not our corridor (far from it). It was a long room which had lightning like noting I had ever seen before. There was no window yet the room did not have a suffocating smell.

It did also not smell well. If not for the impossible thought, I would say the room did not smell of anything and it was the thought of odour thatmade me realize that there was either no air in the room at all or I was not breathing. I tried to suck air in through my nose and noting. I tried the same thing through my mouth and the same thing happen. It was like being in a vacuum and yet being alive.
I made my way across the room andI looked back hoping to see my room but all I saw was the same corridor I was in. it just looked endless. I walked on until I got to a massive door. When I went closer to this door, the most amazing thing happened. It did not open; it just vanished to reveal a much wider room. As I stepped into that room and looked back, I saw that the doorwas back there as if it had hung there even when I walked in. then the feelings came.

1 Like

Re: The burning cold by UjSizzle(f): 5:24pm On Oct 25, 2012
Talk about dark n twisted *shivers*
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 6:03pm On Oct 25, 2012
uj_sizzle: Talk about dark n twisted *shivers*
Re: The burning cold by kikilove(f): 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2012
Nice one.and d supense is too much.kudos dear u r doing a good job.can't wait for your next update
Re: The burning cold by Joeskid: 12:42am On Oct 26, 2012
Mynd_44: I walked into the hall, it was dark but lit (as usual). Just the way it is every time I went. Sometimes I wonder if my boss had to get some internal decorator to do the designs for him. I found my self walking through the passage. For a guy this old, He/It did not have any desire for painting or any form of art. The art he knew or was familiar with was simple and that was what I was here to handle. I went to the first door and it opened by itself as though it has a special sensory capability (but I know better). Immediately I stepped in, I got the feeling. The feeling I always get when I go see the Boss. The minions all around you feeling you, touching you probing your heart, brains and mind to see if you are carrying or hiding something.

Typical you might think cos all Bosses who deal in power have the thought that their staff might betray them and mine was not different. It has trust issues and I don't blame it. After all I have done in the past 6 months, I doubt It will trust any thing again. Not even the minions which He/It trusts.

I will explain the minions later cos they on their own are a separate story all together. I continued walking as the minions are not the type to spare you if they suspect you are hiding the slightest thing. I went to the second door and again it opened. The way this door opens always amuse me. You walk up to it and it just vanishes into thin air, I always find it amusing but today, I was in trouble and little things like vanishing doors could not put a smile on my face.

I wanted to enter but I could not move I knew this effect was coming from me(I was scared). I looked up and there It was in his "normal" form, appearance and glory. Glory because if an artist could draw this, it will be the best picture he has ever seen. But of course that artist will die or run mad before the pencil even touches the paper.

There It was bent down and looking into those scrolls. Those were the scrolls which got me in this mess and I knew It Knows. I stood there for more than five minutes just watching It. There were once rumours that the book itsef emanates from Him/It or an higher authority. But who will ask? There are worse things that death you know.

I still stood head almost bowed, legs itching, heart pounding and fear present when I heard that voice. The voice come as always the same way. It comes at once and stops.

I look in the direction of the source and It looked up at me. There It was claded in a garment as dark as blackness without any part of this flesh or skin (if he has any) revealed. The voice took the form of words in my head as usual and I started making it out

"I am the end of all mortal. The coldness that burns your heart, the inevitability of all thing and the oldest of all elements. I am the one who calls and all mortal answers, the one who takes and has never given, the one who wipes a smile and compound sorrows, I am the one who maintains the balance and who records it. I am the REAPER. The GRIM REAPER."

With that, I fell to my kneels, all thoughts wiped out and all concerns stopped.
He continued

"I am the first punishment and the only one you can't fight. The only way you must pass and the one from which there is no escape"
"Your lord, master and owner"
"raise your eyes and see me"

I looked up into that black hood and instead of a face, I saw noting just a stare that was filled with suffering, agony and contempt, no eyes but two fiery dots in the midst of the dark. I felt It go through me and I felt Its essence run through my being. I looked again and saw the soulless daze It had on me.

Yes my name is Peter and I am standing in front of my boss the GRIM REAPER also know as DEATH.
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Re: The burning cold by SpicyMimi(f): 9:51am On Oct 27, 2012
This is really scary, buh iLikeyyyy....
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 12:52pm On Oct 27, 2012
SpicyMimi: This is really scary, buh iLikeyyyy....
okay
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 12:11am On Oct 28, 2012
The feelings I felt when in the room having theconversation with my mum were back but this time, I could not just see whatever it was that was floating around the room, they were all around me, drifting around in dark robes and whispering things I could not understand.
They were creatures draped in long dark robes and so you can’t see where the robes end. They did not appear to have hands and their face was also covered in the robes they were wearing.

I stood there rooted to the ground and I was simply scared. These creatures were all around me brushing on me with their cold robes and each time a robe came in contact with my skin I got a vivid image of my past as thought I was been reminded or it was some kind of tape. I saw my mum pregnant, my naming ceremony, the fight I had in school and more memories. I was about getting used to it when one came and floated just in front of me. Its hooded head was the same height as my head and it appeared to have no feet as my eyes were rooted to the ground. Slowly I heard the thing call my name.
Peter
Peter
I could make out what it was that was calling my name but I knew that a sound was going through my ears. The sounds were in my head.
“look up and see me”
Slowly I looked up through its dark robe through its body which had no deviation whatsoever and then got to what appears its head which was hidden in the hood.
“look into me it said”

My eyes passed through the darkness in the eyes of what was in front of me and I felt one thing.

I was Falling

I felt like I was ripped away from where I was and was falling into its face. I was seeing faces of people I could not recognize and was seeing creatures that were impossible to describe except for the fact that it was dark there. The feeling was accompanied with a pain in my head as I kept falling and then I saw a flame beyond the falls, like in the distance, there was fire waiting for me and if I did not slow down, I would fall into it. The fire kept getting bigger and I began to feel the immerse heat from the inferno.
The heat got more and then I began to feel myself burn right there. Burns all over my body as my body was struck with more pains than I can both imagine and bear

1 Like

Re: The burning cold by Splendblex(f): 11:43am On Oct 30, 2012
You're really creative,kudos!
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 12:25pm On Oct 30, 2012
Splendblex: You're really creative,kudos!
Thanks
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 11:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
The fire kept burning me and I could not move, could not scream and could not even breathe. All of a sudden, it moved its head away and I fell to my feet. I heard the voice of not just the one thing in my front but of all of them as what they have been saying and whispering became understandable to me.
“we are the minions of the great passway, show your loyalty and you shall pass. If you are found o be wanting, you shall burn forever”
The burning stopped immediately, my eyes was out of its face but I could still remember how it felt like, I just wanted to lie down there and wish the whole incident was just a dream. They kept floating all around in a motion devoid of pattern and kept touching me but this time, they were not reminding me of my memories, I could see people burn in that flame which I just got away from. I could heartheir pains and could feel their anguish. They screamed and begged.
They tired to run but they could not as it looked as though there was a barrier just keeping them there to prevent them from leaving.
The voices came again
“That is the punishment suffered by betrayers and that is what awaits you should you decide to be like them “

All of a sudden they stopped and I heard a clear unique voice
“The master awaits you”
It took the whole strength I had inside me to get up and still I did not know why I got up. I was without strength and weakness was in me but something carried me up and The minions just floated went away like they had other things to attend to. I looked up the room and could not see a roof. It was just dark. I could not feel my legs and I wondered if I was the one actually controlling them as I took step after step towards another door in front of me and this time, the door did not vanish
It just opened inwards to reveal small room. I walked in almost happy that the room was of a normal size and it was empty when I looked directly in front of me. A person or what looked like a person was there bowing down over a rather tall and slim table. It was also hooded but this one had a hand so I guess the human bit was right. I wanted to call its attention and so I started saying something and my mouth could not make a sound.

1 Like

Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 01, 2012
^^^ this one is too short! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 10:13am On Nov 01, 2012
brokoto: ^^^ this one is too short! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Huh?
Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 01, 2012
Mynd_44:
Huh?
brokoto: ^^^ this one is too short! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 10:39am On Nov 01, 2012
I will post more then
Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 01, 2012
Mynd_44: I will post more then
Awesome!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 11:16am On Nov 01, 2012
brokoto: Awesome!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
but my fingers hurt
Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 01, 2012
Mynd_44:
but my fingers hurt
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
you asked for it.
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 11:42am On Nov 01, 2012
brokoto: tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
you asked for it.
Now they are on strike
Re: The burning cold by ijebabe: 1:31pm On Nov 01, 2012
Babe when is the next update? I'm ready to be mortified!
Re: The burning cold by UjSizzle(f): 2:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
It's scary, i love it. If i have anymore nightmares, i'm coming to get you.
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 2:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
uj_sizzle: It's scary, i love it. If i have anymore nightmares, i'm coming to get you.
I am waiting for you
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 2:35pm On Nov 01, 2012
ijebabe: Babe when is the next update? I'm ready to be mortified!
Next year. I am taking an extended break to do get married
Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mynd_44:
No try am o! I go just come kidnap you for your wedding ground.
Re: The burning cold by ijebabe: 5:58pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mynd_44:
But I haven't said yes tongue
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 6:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
brokoto: No try am o! I go just come kidnap you for your wedding ground.
As if I will put the venue here
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 6:56pm On Nov 01, 2012
ijebabe:
But I haven't said yes tongue
Its not you na
Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mynd_44:
Its not you na
that was wicked! Choi!
Mynd_44:
As if I will put the venue here
you dont need to put the venue here, us Niger Deltans know how to do it. Commando style.wink
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 8:12pm On Nov 01, 2012
brokoto: that was wicked! Choi! you dont need to put the venue here, us Niger Deltans know how to do it. Commando style.wink
show up and you will be shot on sight
Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mynd_44:
show up and you will be shot on sight
lol. you wont even see us coming cool cool. we are like the wind,you cant see us but you'll feel our impact long after we are gone cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Blind Love / Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.