Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,412 members, 7,826,601 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

The burning cold - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The burning cold (47272 Views)

Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) / Jos, December And Cold. / UNYIME-IVY KING – “burning Hurt” Akwa Ibom’s Bestfemale Literary Fiction Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The burning cold by Talk2david1(m): 11:54pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mynd, can you take us all back to the story please
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 12:03am On Nov 05, 2012
Talk2david1: Mynd, can you take us all back to the story please
I am on my honeymoon sorry bro. Lol I will update soon
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 3:09pm On Nov 10, 2012
New update
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
I tried walking further to whoever it was when I first heard its voice in my head. There was no voice but I just heard it. The message was left in my head and I made it out.
“Don’t bother to come any closer”
It was still bent over whatever it was doing
“It is futile”
“I know the witch of a mother you have told you who and what you are but I just have to tell you again”

Now I felt uneasy. How could I not heard sounds but made out messages in my head?
“I am the end of all things mortal. The coldness that burns your heart and the fear you come to know.
The inevitability all human and the most feared of the elementals.
I am the one whose call all mortals must obey.
The one who takes and never gives back.
Sorrow is what I deal in and sadness is my favorite gift.
I wipe smiles with the thought of it and put in all mortals, the fear they all have.
I am the keeper of the life scrolls and the only being apart from the great two who has the power to look into it”

“I maintain the balance of life and death and Iam the pathway to judgment, your lord and master. DEATH”
“You work for me now and that you will be until you pass the same gates you will be required to take people and for that, you will be well paid in human terms. If you have any more questions, they will be answered.”
Like I was ready to ask any question.

I was simply shaken and I did not know what to do or say. I tried to move my lips and make a sound but instead, my eyes closed and when they opened, I was back in the living room with my mum floating around like one of those minions I just saw in my dream.
She got to my side, simply dropped noiselessly to the ground , walked to me and stretched her hand to touch me. She pulled back her hand and said
“you have been reached”
I looked up and managed a
“huh”
“You were not here just now were you?”
“he took you to see him right?”

After all I have seen and heard, all I could do was nod
“then you must know what all these are”

1 Like

Re: The burning cold by greedie1(f): 6:53am On Nov 12, 2012
Hmmm....
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 7:57am On Nov 12, 2012
nice but if its meant to pay for your sins of yesterday...
you have to try harder
angry angry angry
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 8:25am On Nov 12, 2012
dubem3: nice but if its meant to pay for your sins of yesterday...
you have to try harder
angry angry angry
Sorry na
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 9:13am On Nov 12, 2012
Mynd_44:
Sorry na

considering...
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 9:22am On Nov 12, 2012
dubem3:

considering...
kk
Re: The burning cold by ijebabe: 10:19am On Nov 12, 2012
dubem3: nice but if its meant to pay for your sins of yesterday...
you have to try harder
angry angry angry
Hmmm, what bromance! I'm tempted to go 'awwwwwww' grin

Mynd after the naming plz come back and update that was too short na.
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 11:04am On Nov 12, 2012
ijebabe:
Hmmm, what bromance! I'm tempted to go 'awwwwwww' grin

Mynd after the naming plz come back and update that was too short na.
Okay ma'am
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 8:18pm On Nov 15, 2012
New updates
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 8:20pm On Nov 15, 2012
She must have understood what I went through as she just held me. I felt her warmthand more I felt strong again like she was passing some energy into me and then she pulled back, looked me straight in the eyes and said

“Well now that you know all these son, there is no point lying to you”

“Lying to me about what ma?”

She got up turned her back at me and spoke as softly as she always
“The business we are in now cannot be known to the outside world. No one except the people who are of like calling can know what we see and do or else you wish the"doom of dashilones" on them”

Now I was confused again
“What does that mean?”

Now she looked me straight in the eyes

“Well humans who do not have a higher calling should not know of these things and if they know, they are doomed for only one thing Death. You must keep these things to yourself at all times. No one must hear about it or see you no matter what”

She continued
“Most of what we do is shrouded and if you decide to tell anyone about it, there is a punishment for you too but most times, the punishment to you would not include death as in the world you have entered, death is theleast most painful thing you can experience"

“you saw the minions right”
I nodded
“that means you saw the fire in their eyes”

All of a sudden I could feel the heat from that fire once again as though I was looking into those eyes. I looked up as my mum’s hands were raised
“you would be thrown in there for a time your master think is proportional to your crime”

She threw she hands back down and the fire stopped.
“ma you just did that right?”
“There are a lot of things I can do and more but that does not concern you right now. Just understand that you have been given a great opportunity and you will have to live up to it or you might be consumed by the fires of the doom but right now, you have to go to bed, I have to get some work done”

That’s when I looked up and asked the one question I knew I should not have asked
“Mum, what does a witch do?”

She was taken aback by that question. It seemed like the last thing she was hoping that I would ask as it was clear that she was uncomfortable with it. Almost as though she was not happy that I asked and even though she tried her best to hide it, it was written all over her face that she was uncomfortable with it.

“Well I cannot totally explain what a witch does but witches are the most powerful of all humans created, they exist out of a need to carry out functions of the masters, the two powerful ones that is”.
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 8:30pm On Nov 15, 2012
Break
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 8:32pm On Nov 15, 2012
She continued,
“You see son there are two most powerful beings. How they both came into existence is beyond anyone. No one knows and trying to find out is useless but when they both decided not to influence the world directly, they made some of their subjects unhappy and so those ones left to become the lesser gods. These lesser gods are always trying to create attention to themselves and the only way they can do that is to cause as much disturbance in the physical world as possible. Some try to help out humans from what they see as the unjust judgments of the powerful two and some just take out their anger on humans. They can’t also operate directly here and so they poured part of their essence into humans and with their essence came their power and whatever they feel about the powerful two.

These humans then became the first witches, some to help humans and some to torment them but the powerful two also realized that unless they do something their former subordinates are going to spoil things for their faithfuls in the physical ream so, they also started giving humans powers too but just enough to fight the witches that existed before”

“but ma, why are humans so important?”

“Humans were created by the Creator to worship Him. That’s the reason we all exist. Tohave faith in Him, love Him and just believe in Him but when his other side broke away fromHim, the one everyone calls the devil, the devil discovered that although the Creator can’t get weaker as His powers are infinite, he and the other creatures could get stronger by having humans worship them. And it’s not just worship, it includes fear, giving them attention and all form of reverence makes them stronger so he tried to gather the humans to believe in him instead of the creator. That was what happened with Adam and Eve in the Bible.

By turning them against the Creator, by making them disobey Him, he became stronger. Strong enough to even pull part of the universe to him and he has been trying to do that ever since. To pull enough part of the universe that he would be able to wage war on the Creator

1 Like

Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 15, 2012
*licking my lips* ok. . .
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 1:08am On Nov 21, 2012
The other creatures of old saw this happening and they got greedy. They wanted power, they saw the power the devil was pulling and they wanted a part of it. So they too broke away to become their own mastersand thus they also want more humans to follow them and worship them because the moment they lose worshippers, they become irrelevant and since they can’t die, they fade away”
This was getting interesting to me. It was like Sunday school but without the church so I asked
“What happen when an elemental fades away?”
“Son, these are thing I should not tell you now but since you would know them anyway,I would.

Because the Creator has a mind for justice and is preserving the judgment of all creation until the last day, he does not go after them. He is contented with looking at them as a testfor humans but the other one is not so gracious. He sees them as a treat to him as if any of them gets as powerful as him, then he might lose his spot as the other side and so, he tries to keep them in check so to speak. Hetries his best to trap them and throw them in that same flame you saw. The flame which is promised as his final destination for his mutiny”
“So mum, which elemental do you work for?”
“I belong to the devil and I have been for a long time”
With this, she sent me to bed as she refused to answer any more questions.
And that was my induction. The whole story behind me and my new job, but I always felt like there was a flaw in the whole process. It’snot like I am willing to raise the issue up with my employer but it just felt like it could not be serious. I mean here I was with just a few days to my birthday and I was been offered a job which I will be getting in for the rest of my life and it did not matter if I wanted it or not because it was mine.
I slept immediately I got on the bed. It was a dreamless, long and very refreshing until someone was knocking at my door. I was notused to this as mum never woke me up in themorning; she normally left me to get up whenI wanted to. I murmured a “coming” and opened the door.
She was dressed for her “day job” and she gave me a smile like nothing was wrong with the world.
“how was your sleep?”
“fine ma. What’s up?”
“well there is someone here to see you”
Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 21, 2012
MYND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aki and paw paw tall pass this ya update o. which kain thing be this na?
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 9:02am On Nov 21, 2012
brokoto: MYND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aki and paw paw tall pass this ya update o. which kain thing be this na?
I need to get it right na
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 5:13am On Nov 23, 2012
I rubbed my eyes out and got out of bed. As a rule, I don't go out of my room in the mornings without first brushing my mouth cos I get stomach aches when I swallow stale saliva. I went into the bathroom, brushed and went out of the room.

I got into the living room to meet a pleasant suprise, Chidinma was sitting there waiting for me patiently and my mum who I thought would have left lurking around looking for something that was not lost(sad). When I got close to her, she did the most suprising thing, she got up and hugged me. Not the type of hug that you get from friends but a real intimate one. I froze, did not know what to do and was confused.

My mum who of course was watching us and grinning to herself like some sly fox notioned to me to hug her back so I threw my arms around her and she(Chidinma) began to weep.

When I heard her sobs, I got scared and released her from my grip.

"what's wrong? Why are you crying?'

"Nothing, I just was so.........." and she broke down again.

By this time, mum had disappeared through the back door(smart woman, she is a witch afterall)

"Chidinma, what's wrong?" I asked

"Nothing is wrong, it's just that I was so scared seeing you in the hospital that I did not know what I would do if anything happened to you"

I gave her a napkin to dry her eyes lifted up her face and told her:

"Don't worry, I will be fine, I have my mum to look after me and thoughts of you have always kept me. Even before today and its just a minor incident"

"I know, but I just got so scared. I am sorry I went like this"

"hey chidinma" I got off my chair(more like a stood) and went to sit on the arm of the chair where she was sitting down. Rubbed her back and said

"I appreciate this and I am happy that you care so much about me to be this emotional about my well being"

then she had this weird look in her eyes. The sort of look that makes you lose sight and feelings of everything else and she kissed me. Or rather we kissed because, I remember us meeting half way.

Tongues violating each other's mouth and then her hand started moving on me I moved to do the same thing when I suddenly felt cold. Not just cold but freezing. My hands almost lost the feelings in them and my head felt like it was going to burst from the feeling I had.

I opened my eyes(my first deep kiss, of course my eyes were closed) and the room was darker than it should be. Like someone suddenly piped in some really dark smoke. I opened my eyes more expecting to see a minion of one of those shadowy creatures come throught the midst but I was in for a rude shock.

A shilloute, appeared from the midst, it was claded in some kind of dark coat, dark and black(there is a difference in the two) and seemed to float towards me. All these while, Chidinma's tongue was roaming through my mouth and her hand was all over me.

The figure in the midst got clearer and more visible that I realised it was humanoid. It has a body of an human and it walked too. The midst cleared and when I saw the face, i forgot I had Chidinma's tongue in my mouth.

It was mum.

She just walked throught the midst looked at me, smiled and said in her normal sweet voice,

"young man, you are much too young for what you are doing right now. You might think it as fun and enjoy it, but I dont want you doing something you would regret"

And it disappeared. It all cleared, the midst, the cold, mum was gone and I just released Chidinma from my hands and pulled back. And said

"wow"

she gave me a puzzled look and asked.

"what's wrong? Why did you pull off".

Okay here I was, tongue deep in a girl I have had fantasies about and my witch mother just sent me a non-human message. Beads of sweat broke around my neck and I was gasping.

I managed to find my voice,

"nothing's wrong, I just needed some air"

"Air? Peter, why are you being strange?"

Now I knew I just saw my mum but I thought I imagined it when I saw her again. This time, it was clear, there was no midst, no cold and no apparition. It was her behind Chidinma looking.

"I am not being strange" was all I could manage.

"well a minute ago, we were kissing and now you are looking like you just saw a ghost" (oh seeing a ghost is a lot more better that a witch believe me)

"I am not acting strange, I just feel that erm...... " My tongue was a little twisted at this point.

I stammered,

"I I I, think we need to just take it a little slowly Chidinma thats all"

now Chidinma's look changed from worry, to embarrassment to anger with a little hatred.

"slowly? Is that all you can say or you are just scared" now her voice was raised.

"I am not scared, I just think we should think about what we are about to do first"

she just got out of the chair, gave me one last angry look and said.

"well, I have nothing to talk about and when you have made up your mind to be with me, you know where to find me"

With that, she walked out of the house and slammed to door. But the door did not close hard, it went slowly............

1 Like

Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 5:25am On Nov 23, 2012
The door closed as though someone was there holding it and making sure it does not hit its base with the force she closed it with. Mum always hated it when you slam her door hard, I was not suprised.

I got off the chair, shook my head a bit and said into the air,

"that was real smooth ma. You just lost me a girl"

i actually said it without expecting an answer. I knew my mum's presence was in the house, I could not feel or see her but I knew she was and then I heard a voice.

"don't worry son, more will come"

I was suprised but yet since she replied, I decided to give her an answer to that

"okay so now this has turn into a mother-son discussion ma? And you had to initiate it in the middle of my first kiss too?"

"Son, stop lying, that was not your first kiss, that was your second, you first was in that little park when she asked you to be her's"

Oh great, she has been following me everywhere.

"Okay wait mum, how did you know about that?" now I was suprised, scared and angry

"because, you are my son, I follow you and besides just one look in your eyes and I can read your mind."

I just could not reply that. This was too crazy for me.

And she apoke again

"It was nice that your brushed your mouth earlier too, at least, she would not have had a very bad gush of bad breath. And I have to go now son, there is bread on the fridge incase you want to make some toast and try to get a hair cut, you look terrible"

And she was gone.

1 Like

Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 23, 2012
nice! but there are some typos there o. better check them out. also, your updates are coming too slowly. . . thanks anyway.
Re: The burning cold by ijebabe: 1:08pm On Nov 23, 2012
Nice one mynd. Keep it coming, I can't wait to get to the present!
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 1:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
ijebabe: Nice one mynd. Keep it coming, I can't wait to get to the present!
Me too.....
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 1:12pm On Nov 23, 2012
brokoto: nice! but there are some typos there o. better check them out. also, your updates are coming too slowly. . . thanks anyway.
Okay bros. How about an update every 48 hours and a minimum of 5000 letters?
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 7:50pm On Nov 23, 2012
bring it on, man
bring it on
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 7:52pm On Nov 23, 2012
dubem3: bring it on, man
bring it on
That's a sorry oooooooooo
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2012
Huh??
Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 24, 2012
Mynd_44:
Okay bros. How about an update every 48 hours and a minimum of 5000 letters?
dont be so sarcastic jo, lol. At least just give us a schedule of when you'll be updating so i wont be clicking on it everytime i see 'new' by the side of the thread.

1 Like

Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 9:26am On Nov 24, 2012
brokoto: dont be so sarcastic jo, lol. At least just give us a schedule of when you'll be updating so i wont be clicking on it everytime i see 'new' by the side of the thread.
I can't give you an accurate time nah. The mind does not work like that. I type every new entry when I wanna update
Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 24, 2012
Mynd_44:
I can't give you an accurate time nah. The mynd does not work like that. I type every new entry when I wanna update

when is that? whenever you feel like?
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 9:38am On Nov 24, 2012
brokoto: when is that? whenever you feel like?
Don't edit my posts na I meant the MIND. Seriously, sometime I feel like updating and my mind just get empty.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

Blind Love / Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story / Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.