Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,446 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! (14200 Views)

Poll: Whose side are you on?

Yoruba: 40% (47 votes)
Engish: 59% (70 votes)
This poll has ended

Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. / I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan / S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 05, 2007
debo don't mind them.
Look at Lagos that should be the pride of Nigeria from the other thread "ugly side of Lagos"
are the legislators not seeing this and they are more concerned about language.
The house is on fire and they are chasing rats.

Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by ono(m): 9:01pm On Dec 05, 2007
With what I'm seeing here, I think the Yorubas can have their Lagos all to themselves. Infact, they can speak whatever language they want to speak. . . . . . . .including the ones they speak with bacteria, virus and filth coming out of their mouth.
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 05, 2007
as i read posts from this thread the more i pity nigeria. am still wondering how we could still be one nation. we are simply too tribalistic in thoughts. lagos is a yoruba state. i really dont understand why there should be any opposition to that. but to make the lagos house of assembly a yoruba speaking house is to me 2 steps forward and 10 steps backward. it is true that countries with indigenous language strive the best, but nigeria will take an exception to that. we have too many languages that have no similarities. one language is simple our best option. for a coutry that rotates political positions among its tribes and still calls itself democratic, any form of ethnicity should be voted against. let's do our best to be one. for as long as its lasts.
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by subice(m): 9:58pm On Dec 05, 2007
Speaking Yoruba in the house would be counter-productive. Lagos is a very diverse city and is our own version of New York or London in terms of being culturally diverse. Besides we keep hearing about the megacity plan and how they want to make Lagos one of the top cities in the world.
This would cause some sort of marginalisation. Some Reps who are not comfortable with the language might refrain from contributing properly when they otherwise would have. Also, information might not be assimilated by everyone in the House as quickly as before. If they were to ask the people of Lagos, I'm sure the majority would vote against it. It is absolutely unnecessary especially as we claim to be working towards a united Nigeria the symbol of which is surely Lagos with the diversity it represents
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by WarfyBoy(m): 10:49pm On Dec 05, 2007
Yoruba! Yoruba!! Yoruba!!!

now d yoruba guys r very happy abt this rubbish undevelopment

rubbish, som1 just said lagos is a yoruba state only, make God make una dey reason wel sha, so pipo wey kno _stand yoruba now unjo, dt 1 kno concern u abi?
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by naijaway(m): 10:55pm On Dec 05, 2007
Is amazing how all these incidents are happening at one time. Nigeria if it continues on this kinds of tribalist path is doomed for a very big war. How can we work together if there are different leaders in one country? how can west Africa be united if there are too many tribalistic views on things? One thing for sure is dat we will all have ourselves to blame cuz this is already beginning to look like another century of doom just like previous centuries before now.
 Am not against Lagos being a yoruba state which history has proven it to be, but Lagos is the most diverse state amongst blacks and others in the whole of Africa. Then all of a sudden this only improved and still improving example is now getting messed up all cuz of I don't know wat. Well, like I've said and will keep saying, Nigeria is one country in Africa that knows the solution to most of her problems and doesn't need the brits but greed and everyother thing is killing and would soon demolish a whole population, tribes, and more. Is a very thin line with this responsibility and discipline issue and everyone needs to start thinking in terms of the country and Africa first before anything else.
 Minimize to the smallest way possible the powers and priviledges of all these obas, ezes, obis, and the hausa chiefs and our country will have eradicated 70% of all these tribalism nationwide  and you will see a fast forward democracy. Why can't it be dat we have standards in our things especially government affairs,  education, and our electoral systems; say if u live in any state for a certain period of time, u can be able to do most things and if u'r also in that area within another period of time, then u can run for different types of electoral posts. We are also aware of massive malpratice in our educational system but is so normal and embedded in the society to the point that all these issues of breakup and war would continue to exist cuz a majority of a population is now thinking very less on issues. Why not every government offical from the presido down to the local government and even ministers be graduates if possible have masters degree for the higher jobs like president and vice.
 We all know our problems, and i guess the brits should come help us with tribal issues cuz they are our fathers like some people have been saying. In other words we need colonisation only this time with our consent. And Lagos is the last place that wants a tribal war cuz alot of people go mud 4 real.
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by Lady2(f): 11:02pm On Dec 05, 2007
This should be implemented in all the states.
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by RichyBlacK(m): 1:37am On Dec 06, 2007
naijaway:

Is amazing how all these incidents are happening at one time. Nigeria if it continues on this kinds of tribalist path is doomed for a very big war. How can we work together if there are different leaders in one country? how can west Africa be united if there are too many tribalistic views on things? One thing for sure is that we will all have ourselves to blame because this is already beginning to look like another century of doom just like previous centuries before now.
Am not against Lagos being a yoruba state which history has proven it to be, but Lagos is the most diverse state amongst blacks and others in the whole of Africa. Then all of a sudden this only improved and still improving example is now getting messed up all because of I don't know what. Well, like I've said and will keep saying, Nigeria is one country in Africa that knows the solution to most of her problems and doesn't need the brits but greed and everyother thing is killing and would soon demolish a whole population, tribes, and more. Is a very thin line with this responsibility and discipline issue and everyone needs to start thinking in terms of the country and Africa first before anything else.
Minimize to the smallest way possible the powers and priviledges of all these obas, ezes, obis, and the hausa chiefs and our country will have eradicated 70% of all these tribalism nationwide and you will see a fast forward democracy. Why can't it be that we have standards in our things especially government affairs, education, and our electoral systems; say if u live in any state for a certain period of time, u can be able to do most things and if u'r also in that area within another period of time, then u can run for different types of electoral posts. We are also aware of massive malpratice in our educational system but is so normal and embedded in the society to the point that all these issues of breakup and war would continue to exist because a majority of a population is now thinking very less on issues. Why not every government offical from the presido down to the local government and even ministers be graduates if possible have masters degree for the higher jobs like president and vice.
We all know our problems, and i guess the brits should come help us with tribal issues because they are our fathers like some people have been saying. In other words we need colonisation only this time with our consent. And Lagos is the last place that wants a tribal war because alot of people go mud 4 real.

@naijaway,

Nice contribution. Thanks!

nwando:

These rogue legislators should be careful the precedents they set.

When and if they manage to pass this stupid moronic idea to law

---will they also require that all state contestants speak Yoruba?
---Must they all write Yoruba also
---will they now descriminate amongst the different Yoruba dialects
----will the minutes of their meetings now be written in Yoruba as they reference the law written in English?
-----Will Lagos now be officially declared a Yoruba state and others who were born and have lived there become outsiders if non Yoruba
-----Will this foster unity
--------Will it make other states follow suit and polarize us the more
---------Can the northerners now declare Arabic their language since sharia and arabic go hand in hand
----------Can the Federal Goovernment now declare Arabic the official language afterall they have smuggled us into OIC.

Lagos state is unique,it is an important state in Nigeria and has people from all over the nation residing there
These legislators I suppose are required to represent the interest of all the inhabitants of this state
will they now descriminate on the employees of Lagos state government who are non Yoruba speakers?
Moreover what extra benefit is there with speaking Yoruba in the house?
Is this to accomodate the unschooled amongst the legislators who are struggling to decide if it should be "We is hungry" or "we are hungry" ?

will it provide jobs for our suffering youth?
or decrease the size of the area boys,the homeless under the bridge and beggars on the streets
will it provide mama Gbenga the ogi and akara for her starving kids

Those cats ought to be careful starting what they cannot control.

@nwando,

That was an excellent post!

babasin and people like him that subscribe to his kind of "cultural appreciation" are part of the problem with Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by Pain(m): 2:09am On Dec 06, 2007
Another Retrogressive Action by A Selfish Few who Have Their Kids Studying in Foreign Lands. The Fools Amongst Us Will Support Them.
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by MP007(m): 2:48am On Dec 06, 2007
i know that ogun state house of assembly uses yoruba once a week (friday) for deliberations, the official langauge of the federal republic of nigeria is english, english brings a nation with such a huge diversity together, this is just unnecessary.
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by davidif: 3:12am On Dec 06, 2007
where are our leaders when you need them, Lagos is a cesspool of diseases and poverty instead of this guys trying to fix the once great state of lagos, they are bickering over unnecessary things. To whom much has been given much is required, this guys have so much and instead of taking of there constituents they are engaged in unnecessary arguements and during the weekends "alaye" parties what a shame. This guys should try to pass meaningful bills to clean up lagos and invest in Agriculture and education. After the oil boom of the 70's nigeria stopped investing in Agriculture as a result, people from the rural areas started flooding the cities for jobs which unfortunately didn't exist as a result they ended up engaging in social vices for survival.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] Fortunately, Nigeria's problems although ernomous are easy to solve, all you need is good governance which might never happen until the people wake up from there apathy.
[color=#006600][/color]Solution
The state should create free education and free healthcare schemes in the rural areas as a means of depopulating the city and should start local industries like textile industries, food processing plants and other low tech industries. Also, the govt should heavily subsidise agriculture in the state, especially the production of food crops but at the same time encouraging farmers to grow cash crops like cocoa which should be used for exports. They should also create roads to the rural areas to make them self sufficient, also they should place high property taxes on residential homes and businesses in the cities to discourage people from living in the cities, at the same time creating tax incentives and bonuses in the rural areas, the govts should abolish property taxes in the rural areas. When people see how expensive real estate in the rural areas are compared to the cities, and also the high standard of education and infrastructure they would "follow the money".
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by Maxidoe(m): 8:54am On Dec 06, 2007
shocked shocked shocked :oSo disgusting,i think alot of landers have no academic,or moral pridegree to be part of this forum.For crying out loud,English Language is our lingua franca,so it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo pathethic that a bunch of thieves and power drunk IMBECILES would rather introduce tribalism into Nigerian politics and in Lagos state for that matter, that some states look up to.It is even more shameful that not one state in the north have descended so low to act so stupid and mooronic,despite the impression Lagosians have that the north is not too educated.From my own opinion,who ever raised that issue in the house,whoever secunded it,and who ever supports it,is either an ILLITERATE or an Educated ILLITERATE. I think the members of the house should be concerned with making Lagos clean,getting rid of crime,providing transportation,and housing fo, the suffering and hungry looking faces we see in Lagos day in day out. Yoruba in the house my Foot.Rubish and disgusting,Gaddem unbelieable in this 21st century,landers abeg wake up.hissiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing and stepping out.
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by denex: 9:58am On Dec 06, 2007
This is madness.

The most spoken Language in Lagos is pidgin english. So if there's any language which should replace English, it should be Pidgin.

This Yoruba thing is crazy.
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by Germannig: 10:08am On Dec 06, 2007
I hear many Yoruba people are not good in English Language. Could this move be a safe landing for them?

Is this a joke or what?D
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by Grouppoint(m): 10:09am On Dec 06, 2007
What is the purpose of the state house of assembly?

Are they deliberating issues which affect the indigenes of a state,
or are they deliberating things which affect the residents?

If the residents are affected, then there is a need to consider the proportion of non-yoruba speaking residents.

Interpretation may not be sufficient, if the latter is the aim of the House.
Suffice to say that Lagos would not be as great without the involvement of all the diverse ethnic groups, kinda like London or NY city.
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by steroid: 2:08pm On Dec 06, 2007
@babasin-
foolish arguments are not permitted on this forum. That you speak yoruba better than english does not give room for injustice and tribalism
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by babasin(m): 2:49pm On Dec 06, 2007
foolish arguments are not permitted on this forum. That you speak yoruba better than english does not give room for injustice and tribalism

if there are enough people in state house assembly to pass it and is within their power. so be it. thats democracy.

if enough people in ABA, KANO, ENUGU etc whereever also pass their own law, so be it.

if you dont like it, get out, nobody forces anyone. Nigeria is big enough for everyone.
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by Besteric(m): 2:54pm On Dec 06, 2007
@Babasin, That s African democracy,,,, the real democracy is NOT de the rule of the majority rather a system where every ones voice is heard before reaching a compromise,,, in some cases, the minority wins, grin grin
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by bjluv: 3:05pm On Dec 06, 2007
to the guy with fotos of Lagos: we all made it ended that way smiley

and about the language issue, well if Lagos state wants the language to be used in all aspect of life, they could according to the law. Lagos is a state in Nigeria just like all other states too with their own legislations under the country,NIGERIA.

when you go to many countries around the world, you will see that their language comes first and then official languages. Nigeria is to some extent all about the "English" fever. I wonder how many of you can write 1 page A4 letter completely in your own language. Let's make it easy: make a full complete sentence in your language without any English word,

For any entity to progress, their language and culture must be fully utilised and Lagos, any state in Nigeria and NIGERIA as a whole is no exemption.
To EloSela and the other poster Rich-whatever, I think you are both kinda sick with your comments though, tongue

Let's try to make a situation where things work out for us and stop this funny issue about the oil in ND. What will happen to all una oil self when the developed economies utilise suistainable energy and crude oil is no more in demand? Will you start exporting palm kernels cheesy
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by demmy(m): 3:14pm On Dec 06, 2007
Nigerians arguing over non-issue as usual. sad
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by joney360(m): 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2007
AM READING THIS POST WITH UTTER DISMAY. THE SAME YORUBA THAT REFUSED THE DISINTEGRATION OF NIGERIA ARE NOW SEWING HE SEED OF DISGUST.U YORUBAS R KNOWN FOR DRUMMING WAR SONGS ONLY TO WITHDRAW WHEN IT'S TIME FOR WAR. AWO CONFIRMED THIS BY BETRAYING OJUKWU. AM A FULL BLOODED IGBO MAN IF U WANNA KNOW. THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTION FOR ONE NIGERIA. I THINK WE SHOULD FACE CRITICAL ISSUES LIKE DEVELOPING OUR COUNTRY, FIGHTING CORRUPTION, HOLDING OUR POLITICANS ACCOUNTABLE AND STOP THIS ETHONCENTISM. ALLN WE DO IS TO DIVIDE NIGERIA WITH TRIBE AND RELIGON
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by babasin(m): 4:20pm On Dec 06, 2007
AM READING THIS POST WITH UTTER DISMAY. THE SAME YORUBA THAT REFUSED THE DISINTEGRATION OF NIGERIA ARE NOW SEWING HE SEED OF DISGUST.You YORUBAS R KNOWN FOR DRUMMING WAR SONGS ONLY TO WITHDRAW WHEN IT'S TIME FOR WAR. AWO CONFIRMED THIS BY BETRAYING OJUKWU. AM A FULL BLOODED IGBO MAN IF You WANNA KNOW. THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTION FOR ONE NIGERIA. I THINK WE SHOULD FACE CRITICAL ISSUES LIKE DEVELOPING OUR COUNTRY, FIGHTING CORRUPTION, HOLDING OUR POLITICANS ACCOUNTABLE AND STOP THIS ETHONCENTISM. ALLN WE DO IS TO DIVIDE NIGERIA WITH TRIBE AND RELIGON

there you go! each state is free to do whatever they like. let ABIA pass their own law. nobody cares.

That s African democracy,,,, the real democracy is NOT de the rule of the majority rather a system where every ones voice is heard before reaching a compromise,,, in some cases, the minority wins

Minority wins? Nice one. I wonder why Gore was not allowed to be US-president.
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by joney360(m): 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2007
OK NO PROBLEM BABASIN.
I WILL ALWAYS QUOTE OJUKWU, "THERE IS NO BASIS FOR UNITY, HOW CAN FEEL LIKE A STRANGER IN HIS COUNTRY JUST BE/COS HE LEFT HIS STATE TO LIVE IN ANOTHER STATE."
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by dapsycool(m): 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2007
Joney, you decided to write your signature in the Language you want. Ha ha ha
@Germannig ode ni e
@ all, i've been taking to seun, about restricting nairaland to yoruba only.lol
Have you seen the yoruba version of Google or Wadja.Very Cool.
We need to promote our language to international standard.Why not start from Home.
Call me racist, I care less. Moreover an average ibo man(traders) in Lagos is VERY dubious, especially those that sell electronics, i hate them wiv passion.
I remembered my time in the North, them show me pepper(abokis).I've been a victim of racism in many states that's why i'm not leaving south west anymore.
So deal with it, if u can't move to umahia, or Aba.
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by denex: 6:29pm On Dec 06, 2007
So what about those Lagosians that are Ilaje? Will their representatives be speaking Ilaje or Yoruba?

These people want to start what they cannot finish. Very soon my main guys will in turn declare that since majority of Abuja indigenes speak Hausa, then that should be the official language of the National Assembly.

Again, let's re-examine this stupidity: what if a very multilingual state like EDO decides to follow suit. Does that mean because we want to appreciate our local dialect, then we should start re-enacting the tower of babel?

Go and find out. This is what destroyed Austria.

I see no reason why somebody will be comparing countries which have a single language to Nigeria in which some states have as many as 7 languages.

Are you telling me that in the UK Parliament, MPs should start speaking Irish, Welsh and Celtic? Is that not madness?
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by oshoyombo(m): 6:38pm On Dec 06, 2007
I'll apprecaite this ruling if the members of the house will receive their salaries and allownaces in cowries, and also accept to walk to the house of assembly as done in the old oyo.
Also they will swear by sango, so there will be instant judgements if they embezzle funds.
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by babasin(m): 7:03pm On Dec 06, 2007
These people want to start what they cannot finish. Very soon my main guys will in turn declare that since majority of Abuja indigenes speak Hausa, then that should be the official language of the National Assembly.

here we go again. abuja is not a state! it FCT. they have no state assembly.

So what about those Lagosians that are Ilaje? Will their representatives be speaking Ilaje or Yoruba?

simple: they learn to speak Yoruba, get interpreter or go read preceedings available in english!

You all keeping missing basic point: whatever the outcome of the house in Yoruba. It must be translated to 'english'; official Nigeria language.

"THERE IS NO BASIS FOR UNITY, HOW CAN FEEL LIKE A STRANGER IN HIS COUNTRY JUST BE/COS HE LEFT HIS STATE TO LIVE IN ANOTHER STATE."

we dont need to be united but rather, we should be happy wherever we are!

The key to be happy anywhere is integration into that community. And key to integration is learn the language!
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by olydim: 7:03pm On Dec 06, 2007
dapsycool:

Joney, you decided to write your signature in the Language you want. Ha ha ha
@Germannig ode ni e
@ all, i've been taking to seun, about restricting nairaland to yoruba only.lol
Have you seen the yoruba version of Google or Wadja.Very Cool.
We need to promote our language to international standard.Why not start from Home.
Call me racist, I care less. Moreover an average ibo man(traders) in Lagos is VERY dubious, especially those that sell electronics, i hate them with passion.
I remembered my time in the North, them show me pepper(abokis).I've been a victim of racism in many states that's why i'm not leaving south west anymore.
So deal with it, if u can't move to umahia, or Aba.

Yeah! those Igbo traders are as dubious as OBJ, Pastor Akanni, Bode George, Akala, Adedibu, Glo Chiarman, Abiola, Awolowo, and the thousands of treacherous Yoruba agberos that strut the streets of Lagos. You can hate the Igbo. But the Igbo simply don't care about your hateful mediocre arse.
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by BabsO2(m): 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2007
No state is as welcoming as Lagos.

Lagos is home to a lot of manufacturing and continues to be a preferred location for new businesses because it welcomes all. It even welcomed returned slaves in the past without discrimination and they are fully integrated into the society !

It is even poised for greater things, the LEKKI Free Zone is coming up, very soon it will also be an Oil Producing State from Offshore Oil fields.

And all who chose to be associated with Lagos are welcome to join hands in making it a true center of EXCELLENCE.

Other states will soon start getting less hostile from the good example of peace loving Lagosians.

Sooner or later all Nigerian states will stop discriminating between indigenes and non-idengenes and rather be interested in establishing welcoming cities where the rule of law with fairness to everyone reigns.

To all saying negative things, Rome was not built in a day. The Government is looking into making the city a MEGA CITY and in future will not have room for the filty people who litter and pollute the whole state. Incinerators and Land fills will be used to manage the waste.

If speaking Yoruba in the House will make Lagos get to this next level and become a West African pride so be it! (This will definitely make some people jealous and this can be used positively by getting other states to start competing in attracting businesses and make better use of the big banks / abundant human and material resources)
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by RichyBlacK(m): 7:29pm On Dec 06, 2007
Babs_O:

No state is as welcoming as Lagos.

Lagos is home to a lot of manufacturing and continues to be a preferred location for new businesses because it welcomes all. It even welcomed returned slaves in the past without discrimination and they are fully integrated into the society !

It is even poised for greater things, the LEKKI Free Zone is coming up, very soon it will also be an Oil Producing State from Offshore Oil fields.

And all who chose to be associated with Lagos are welcome to join hands in making it a true center of EXCELLENCE.

Other states will soon start getting less hostile from the good example of peace loving Lagosians.

Sooner or later all Nigerian states will stop discriminating between indigenes and non-idengenes and rather be interested in establishing welcoming cities where the rule of law with fairness to everyone reigns.

To all saying negative things, Rome was not built in a day. The Government is looking into making the city a MEGA CITY and in future will not have room for the filty people who litter and pollute the whole state. Incinerators and Land fills will be used to manage the waste.

If speaking Yoruba in the House will make Lagos get to this next level and become a West African pride so be it! (This will definitely make some people jealous and this can be used positively by getting other states to start competing in attracting businesses and make better use of the big banks / abundant human and material resources)

Nice one, but it all went downhill in the last paragraph!

But still a good one!
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by oziomatv(m): 7:33pm On Dec 06, 2007
after enjoying resources that come from other tribes and only enjoy free education made for all citizens now you can open that your big mount  to talk of language. lagos belongs to yorubas.
inshort the fault is from Igbos who left their land to develope another man's land. Had it been that lagos was left alone for lagossians as you claim it, it would have being like many parts of yorubaland that are still in stone age.
Since we have to imply tribalism in our constitution I advice the resources be sheared by it's states of origin let see what yoruba get to maintain lagos.
Re: Yoruba As Official Language Of Lagos House Of Assembly! by ow11(m): 7:39pm On Dec 06, 2007
As usual wasting government funds and time on trivial issues when people (yoruba people) are dying all over Lagos from hunger.

The problem is that Nigerians don't care about domicile, all we care about is where your parents come from. That is why An Igbo born and bred in Lagos will go to his father's village he has never been to, to contest for a position. What is he going to offer? If he wants to contest in Lagos, OPC no go gree but these same Yoruba people go to UK and Eire and hold elected positions on the basis of being domiciled there. Funny

If they want to speak yoruba thats their own. If the government can allow sharia to remain in the North, then every state is free to do whatever they like. Sharia has to stop else it will be used as grounds to stir up things like this

As far as i know it is a wrong move but then again, I cannot fault them because those camel f#cking retards in the North have their own laws yet because of Oil will not break away and use their language and laws in their new country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekiti State Deputy Governor Resigned / Don’t Fight Over Politicians, They Always Reconcile – Oba Of Lagos / "Reno Omokri And FFK Shall Remain Scattered Till Nigeria Is Free"- Otunba Biodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.