Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training (25408 Views)

INEC Agent, Dan Joko, Arrested By Police For Collecting Money To Rig Election / EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal / US Begs Nigeria For Help To Contain Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by brownlord: 7:15pm On Aug 21, 2012
ROSSIKE:

1 - Using often antiquated weapons to face down heavily armed robbers and hoodlums in shoot-outs, and defeating them. (I know of no other police force on earth that's saddled with such an onerous task, making the officers of the NPF in my view the most fearless and bravest policemen on the face of the earth bar none). How come they are still not able to tackle book haram, plus what

2 - Having to use their own money to fuel patrol vehicles on certain occasions while fighting crime.

3 - Patrolling the streets night and day to keep pampered elite like you safe in your nice, air-conditioned houses with DSTV and xbox, at great risk to their lives, on an average pay of $80 per month. Some are paid as little as $40 a month.

4 - Donating their lives on a daily basis in engaging hoodlums, including terrorists like Boko Haram and Niger Delta
militants.

5 - Still managing to return a smile every now and again despite these absurd, dangerous working conditions.

If we are in the same country and Nigeria police is what you refer to as NPF.

[b]NOTE[/b]N1. If this is true, how come we are still not able to get over bh.? What happened when armed robbers keep terrorizing banks in EKpoma. In Edo state, to the extent they even write letter to the banks before comin, and in one occasion, they first storm the police station, before going to the bank? In another operation, two banks where been robbed at the same time, and even Thunder storm that tried to curtail the operation flee the seen for their lives thereby leaving some police men dead, and not even a blood stain on the part of the robbers?

2. They use their money, because they know how much they realize from a single patrol, diving innocent people in the street, either call them a cultist or fraudsters and they do not allow you to make call until u agree to be guiilty of what they accuse you of, most times can even dail international number on ur phone to make their claims true, hanging around computer village Ike's, or other place where computer accessories are sold to arrest young boys who comes around in the name of been 419?, all the time, they do not use police vehicle, but bus or commercial vehicle

3. It's a call two duty, but yet, armed robbers and hoodlums still carry out their operation successfully without anyone to contend wit them

4. If that be true, I think book haram, militancy, would have been a tin of the past, what about kidnapping? Your guess is as good as mine

5. Please explain more.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by bittyend(m): 7:16pm On Aug 21, 2012
If you don't like the Nigerian Police Force - why can't you get everyone in your family to go take up that suicidal job, fvckers?
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by ACM10: 7:16pm On Aug 21, 2012
How can any sane or progressive country request for training assistance from the Nigerian police? undecided Aint this a recipe for disaster?
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by chucky234(m): 7:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
ROSSIKE: I just told you.

Oh, and they may also have wives who do a bit of petty trading on the side. Their wives tend to be unskilled, working class women. Because of their low pay, no Nigerian lady 'worth her salt' could ever marry a 'common' policeman.
You have been ranting since yesterday till now just to convince that NPF is a worthy organisation simply because your father is a police sergent,do you know that men of NPF earns much more than men of NA? How come our soldiers always gives their best without killing innocent motorists all because of N20,guy re-package your garbage arguement.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Tolaaaaannni(f): 7:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
bittyend:

How much do our police force earn monthly, millipede?

A look at their uniforms and the way they're treated is glaring enough to show you and your midget IQ that they're GROSSLY UNDERPAID for what they do!!!!

You give them ratchet arse AK47, dirty uniforms, old arse buses, and dirty arse offices - and you expect them to perform wonders, no?

How many people are in the police force compared to the population of Nigeria?

You're sick in head!!!

Have you ever been to Nigeria you Arrow?? Do you know how this "Police officers" treat civilians? I can absolutely tell you from experience that most nigerians are scared of the nigerian police. So before you criticize someone Go get some sense! Numskull.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by DonaldGenes(m): 7:18pm On Aug 21, 2012
afam4eva:
I want to believe that you're a police man, that's why you're being delusional. is it now rocket science that the Nigerian police sucks?
the guy fit be police oooo!!
Make i keep mute

1 Like

Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Les: 7:19pm On Aug 21, 2012
ROSSIKE:

So why don't you call your FATHER when there's a problem in your neighbourhood? Why do you rush to call the ''psychologically inept useless corrupt police'' or whatever big grammar you're typing?
right b4 ma very eyes some1 dat peacefully went to a police station, maybe to file a complaint or bail somebody was shot right there(engaged in some serious argument wit them, they started panel beating d guy, he wanted to run for his dear life they shot him dia pump and clear), have you forgotten the lady that was raped and found dead in a D.P.O office? The rapist D.p.o was transfered to the north and notin was done to him uptill now, i know this cos i know the family personally. Plus ma own bad encounter wit dem, Though i have met nice police officers sha, but you ought to knw dat generalization has always been the order of the day, in general, 9ja police sucks!
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by brownlord: 7:19pm On Aug 21, 2012
Anyway s.sudanees, them say a village where every body na blind, na one eye dey be king, abeg let them look for better country a leave corrupt Nigeria police alone
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by juman(m): 7:20pm On Aug 21, 2012
“We want to say, we are watchful and impressed with the performance of the Nigerian Police Contingent under UNMISS. They are well kitted, alert at all times and command respect. We expect a lot from nations like Nigeria who have passed through some of the difficulties we are facing now and have much experience like you."

nigeria police always perform well when doing international assignments.

But our system that is bad is the cause of poor performance of police at home (in nigeria).

1 Like

Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by SamMilla1(m): 7:21pm On Aug 21, 2012
This is politically motivated. Nigeria, being a giant in Africa is one country that can easily defeat Sudan if they chose to invade south Sudan. If the S/Sudan have a strong political and economic ties with Nigeria, Sudan will not touch them.

1 Like

Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by bittyend(m): 7:21pm On Aug 21, 2012
Nigeria is stupid country where everything works backwards!!

Your unsung heroes are the low ranking people in the Armed forces and the Police force - who risk their lives to protect you guys, despite being underpaid, but you won't worship them.

Yet you worship thieving bastards in high places who have looted your national wealth, for their own greedy exuberant lifestyles.

A country psychos!!
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by trent9002(m): 7:21pm On Aug 21, 2012
Haha, why does this get funnier the more I read?
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by boron10(m): 7:22pm On Aug 21, 2012
What's MR Rosiike saying sef? Nigerian police are very terrible. Do you know that Nigerian police are good at torturing innocent citizens to confess to crimes they did not commit? I witnessed a situation when a police had to lie against someone who he had a little misunderstanding just to ensure he get punished. Offering a policeman bribe b4 he could follow you to the scene of a crime. Using a policeman to punish a neighbour you have bad blood with just cos you're rich enough to offer them bribe. I can go on and on to give you reasons why Nigerian police are not worthy of being called one of the best in Africa
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by stillme(m): 7:22pm On Aug 21, 2012
ROSSIKE: Personally when I see some police guys I give them money, willingly, even when they don't ask, because I KNOW that they're risking their lives for me for peanuts. I don't bother with speaking big grammar or trying to show I know the law, and 'my rights' etc etc. What about the policeman's rights to feed his family after standing in the sun all day with a cheap rifle in my defence? Sure, ''by law'' it is not my business, but govt's business to take care of that. But if govt is failing in its duty, I CAN TAKE OVER as a human being with a conscience. No biggie. The real corrupt elements in my view are some of you Jeep driving overfed elite who drive past skinny policemen in tattered uniforms, and complain about being ''extorted'' for 100 naira. Rubbish.

My guy,I'm with you. police needs to be commended,mere looking at the way they carry out their duties even when they know no benefits await their family after their death.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by sharubutu(m): 7:25pm On Aug 21, 2012
A blind man asking another blind man to show him the way. What a paradox!
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Tolaaaaannni(f): 7:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
sharubutu: A blind man asking another blind man to show him the way. What a paradox!
Ikr grin grin
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by ayox2003: 7:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
ROSSIKE

Do they know that Nigeria also has the best foot soldiers in the world?

Thank you o jare!

Frawzey.

Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by nedostic: 7:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
I believe what the Nigerian Police needs most for now is a mental shift from being 'tax-collectors' to their main duty-protection of life and properties. Good remuneration and proper training would equally be of help.Likewise,proper dieting for not just the police force but also the military and other para-military organisations.

I am always detested to see an obese police officer, most of the high-ranking police officers nay the top military brass have pot-belly.

I hope the Nigerian Police can improve on their tainted image.More work need to be done at home by the Nigerian Police.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Chongaiman: 7:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
The NPF may not meet the expectations of many haters here. What matters most is that it has been commended by those who matter - and not the many haters and nonentities who spew forth their bellyaching anonymously. BTW not all my encounters with the NPF were memorable but least we could do is to give the devil his due.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by bittyend(m): 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

Have you ever been to Nigeria you Idi.ot?? Do you know how this "Police officers" treat civilians, I can absolutely tell you from experience that most nigerians are scared of the nigerian police. So before you criticize someone Go get some sense! Numskull.

STFU! Dirty Ibadan pig with tribal marks all over your face!!

This isn't about amala politics and the bs you fvckers do over there, the records are out there for intelligent people to understand and overstand, dumb slut..

If you had any iota of intelligence, you would know that there are evidence(s) all over the internet about how they're treated - and how they're GROSSLY UNDERPAID!! They're human as well, and the human survival instinct would surely kick in when you need to survive - hence, why some of them are corrupt.. I bet you won't know that because the ugly tribal marks on your face have robbed off the little intelligence, you were born with, foo.l.

Answer my questions, and get a facial surgery to rid your face off those ugly tribal marks, village LovePeddler.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 21, 2012
I don't know what to say but am totally flabbergasted. For south sudan to say this they might have seen something good. Am really happy and I thank the Nigerian Police force for making us proud. They are better than the europe police grin
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by bittyend(m): 7:30pm On Aug 21, 2012
Sam Milla: This is politically motivated. Nigeria, being a giant in Africa is one country that can easily defeat Sudan if they chose to invade south Sudan. If the S/Sudan have a strong political and economic ties with Nigeria, Sudan will not touch them.

Nah, it isn't about that - Nigerian Police excel whenever they're asked to do anything outside Nigeria. I remember my pops used to tell me Nigeria has one of the best (if not the best) in Africa - when they really want to perform..
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 21, 2012
WTF!! As in WTF does south sudan mean? Of all countries to train your police is nigeria? Ok ooo!
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by bittyend(m): 7:32pm On Aug 21, 2012
Take a look at what they're equipped with - and the shitty van they're on, yet you want them to perform wonders...

This van belongs to the scrapyard!!!

Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by EagleNest(m): 7:33pm On Aug 21, 2012
May be we(our police) are outstanding when we go for international assignments just like army (ECOMOG)counterparts but internally, I think Nigeria Police is currently in mess. Take a trip to Nigeria police barrack.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by bittyend(m): 7:34pm On Aug 21, 2012
Take a look at the uniform - and NO FVCKING BULLET PROOF VESTS, yet you want them to confront criminals with automatic weapons, huh? And they're GROSSLY UNDERPAID!!

You fvckers are WICKED!!! Get your family to go take their jobs!!

Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Tolaaaaannni(f): 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2012
bittyend:

STFU! Dirty Ibadan pig with tribal marks all over your face!!

This isn't about amala politics and the bs you fvckers do over there, the records are out there for intelligent people to understand and overstand, dumb slut..

If you had any iota of intelligence, you would know that there are evidence(s) all over the internet about how they're treated - and how they're GROSSLY UNDERPAID!! They're human as well, and the human survival instinct would surely kick in when you need to survive - hence, why some of them are corrupt.. I bet you won't know that because the ugly tribal marks on your face have robbed off the little intelligence, you were born with, foo.l.

Answer my questions, and get a facial surgery to rid your face off those ugly tribal marks, village LovePeddler.

Hey Hey look here Mr " I am a black man" This place is not for children! If you know you aren't smart enough to hold an intellectual conversation go run along and go play with your fellow shi*theads. WHAT DOES THE AMOUNT THEY ARE PAID HAVE TO DO WITH THE WAY THEY TREAT CIVILIANS!!!! THE POLICE HERE IN THE STATES AREN'T PAID THE BIGGEST SALARY BUT YOU DON'T SEE THEM GOING AROUND AND BEATEN UP/SCARING CIVILIANS!! Like i said go get some sense Nitwit! Until then you are not allowed to talk to me.

P.S- Where in the world did you get that i have tribal marks from?? Is something wrong with your brain? or have you seen me before? Please go to a doctor, your behaviour is not normal.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Ijebulogic(m): 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
One thing that amazes me is the inability of most of my brothers to articulate their position sensibly without personalising the matter and raining insults (and sometimes curses) on each other. I happened to visit a police barracks a few years ago and the OP is right in saying our police live under sub-human conditions and we have to give them some kudos. However, the OP needs to be objective and listen to personal experiences of majority of Nigerians when it comes to interactions with the police...often very traumatising. What the Poster needs to do is enlighten us so we can see and appreciate the other side of the story (the deprivation and maltreatment of police by the FGN) and offer some fresh insights that Nairalanders can collectively support (e.g. option of State police or bi-lateral collaboration with Scotland Yard etc). We wont get very far in this country when our generation feels the only way to enlighten people is to abuse and insult them into submission.

1 Like

Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Abrantie: 7:38pm On Aug 21, 2012
ROSSIKE:

So why did South Sudan not beg Sierra Leonean police to come and train them?

Or Ghana police? Shebi you people keep saying that Ghana is 100 times better than Nigeria? Why are they not rushing to GHANA to train their police? Why not Guinea, or Mali, or Kenya? Or Ethiopia? Or Uganda?

WHY NIGERIA?

I repeat, we are our own worst enemies because we fail to recognise what we have in this country. Sure the police is not perfect, but in terms of training and ability, very few in Africa can match it.

Because they see Nigeria as an Arab/Al Quaeda/Hausa/Non-Christian/Sahara desert dwelling/nomad/unstable country just like theirs. That means Nigeria's police force would have experience working in such fuvcked up environment.

Bottom line -- Nigeria police is the worst, but that's exactly what South Sudan needs to deal with their stubborn population.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by ayox2003: 7:39pm On Aug 21, 2012
chucky234: You have been ranting since yesterday till now just to convince that NPF is a worthy organisation simply because your father is a police sergent,do you know that men of NPF earns much more than men of NA? How come our soldiers always gives their best without killing innocent motorists all because of N20,guy re-package your garbage arguement.

Because we are not in the military regime. Okay ??

Frawzey
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Ijebulogic(m): 7:39pm On Aug 21, 2012
Correction - my earlier post is directed at comrade Rossike not the OP.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by bittyend(m): 7:40pm On Aug 21, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:
Hey Hey look here Mr" I am a black man" This place is not for children! If you know you aren't smart enough to hold an intellectual conversation go run along and go play with your fellow shi*theads. WHAT DOES THE AMOUNT THEY ARE PAID HAVE TO DO WITH THE WAY THEY TREAT CIVILIANS!!!! THE POLICE HERE IN THE STATES AREN'T PAID THE BIGGEST SALARY BUT YOU DON'T SEE THEM GOING AROUND AND BEATEN UP/SCARING CIVILIANS!! Like i said go get some sense Nitwit! Until then you are not allowed to talk to me.

P.S- Where in the world did you get that i have tribal marks from?? Is something wrong with your brain? or have you seen me before? Please go to a doctor, your behaviour is not normal.

Learn how to improve your penmanship before talking about 'intellectual conversation'.

Oh yeah, the same people in the states that goes around killing unarmed civilians everywhere, no? Or you want me to start digging up evidences of people getting killed all over America by their police?

And those in the AMerican Police Department are WELL EQUIPPED and WELL PAID!!

Fvck off, and go eat amala, you dark shyte!!

And hell yeah, I'm a black man - and I backing up a BLACK POLICE FORCE!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ekiti Rigging Scandal; Fayose, Obanikoro, Omisore Others On Their Own -PDP / Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others / Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.