Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,639 members, 7,854,677 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 12:30 AM

Victims Of Circumstances - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Victims Of Circumstances (940 Views)

when the chips are down / 8 Guys You Must Never, Under Any Circumstances, Fall In Love With(*ladies Only) / Love:can Survive & Flourish Even Under The Worst Circumstances. True Life Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victims Of Circumstances by richlyrich(m): 7:58pm On Dec 05, 2007
I was just taking a deep look at the domino effects of some societal problems in Nigerian. One of the problems is the very late marriage or no marriage of some ladies of marriageable age lately in Nigeria.

There are no jobs Nigeria for the guys (graduates) of marriaageable age to be able to setup a home for themselves to their tastes. So they would rather keep to themselves than look for some committment they will regret later, because many of them were raised in a family of average or below average financial status, so they know what it takes for a kids not to have least the basic things of life. So why raise a kid if u can't provide at least the basic things of life.

One of the sectors employing significant number of graduates is the banking sector. In the last three years after the bank recapitalization, I want to believe around 60% of the newly employed are ladies, so instead of the guys getting the jobs, it is the ladies that are employed. Infact I was so surprised one day that I went to one of the branches of my bank that I found that virtually all the employees there were ladies. Infact to make matter worse most of the executives of the top companies in Nigeria have soft spot for ladies especially the beautiful ones that they are having EMA with or prospective victims when it comes to employment.Worst of it all is that most guys don't like ladies with the upperhand when it come to financial matters.

So, many of the guys will rather have patience to wait till around 40 yrs after scrimping and saving for the future or work for some years and checkout of country in search of a better life, so somebody's husband has just left. I can assure u that guys are doing this in great number.

And now, it is gradually going out of fashion to get married at any age on the right side of 20. So when your sister, cousin, aunt or friend is finding it very difficult to get a husband remember it's one of the ripple effect of economic situation in Nigeria.

The effect of this are so numerous and enomous, I will appreciate other insights ti this topic.
Re: Victims Of Circumstances by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 05, 2007
richlyrich:

So, many of the guys will rather have patience to wait till around 40 years after scrimping and saving for the future or work for some years and checkout of country in search of a better life, so somebody's husband has just left. I can assure u that guys are doing this in great number.

This is always a puzzle to me. You're 40, unmarried, no children . . . what "future" are you saving for?
Re: Victims Of Circumstances by Nobody: 6:21am On Dec 06, 2007
Sorry I don't have anything to say but Wow we are getting all the jobs, that's nice. Hurray, girl power!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Victims Of Circumstances by olanajim(m): 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2007
Nkan mbe!
Re: Victims Of Circumstances by ifyalways(f): 9:44pm On Dec 06, 2007
stillwater:

Sorry I don't have anything to say but Wow we are getting all the jobs, that's nice. Hurray, girl power!!!! grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin maybe you should be doing the marrying now. grin grin grin
Re: Victims Of Circumstances by kemisuga(f): 5:13pm On Dec 10, 2007
@ Poster. You are absolutely right.

But dont give-up, until it is over. sad sad sad
Re: Victims Of Circumstances by ufobabe(f): 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2007
DON'T LET YOURSELF,

WORRY WHEN U ARE DOING UR BEST.

HURRY WHEN SUCCESS DEPENDS ON ACCURACY.

THINK EVIL OF ANYONE UNTIL U HAVE THE FACTS.

BELIEVE A THING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT TRYING IT.
Re: Victims Of Circumstances by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 10, 2007
ifyalways:

grin grin grin grin grin grin maybe you should be doing the marrying now. grin grin grin
grin grin Geez, I don't have the guts to do that. shocked shocked shocked shocked

And @ poster
You guys just have to get rid of this mentality- "most guys don't like ladies with the upperhand when it come to financial matters," that is if you want to succeed. Come down from your high horse and bow grin.
Re: Victims Of Circumstances by ifyalways(f): 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2007
stillwater:

grin grin Geez, I don't have the guts to do that. shocked shocked shocked shocked

And @ poster
You guys just have to get rid of this mentality- "most guys don't like ladies with the upperhand when it come to financial matters," that is if you want to succeed. Come down from your high horse and bow grin.

grin grin grin grin have you heard of ego ?

@ topic,dont worry bros,things wud get better. cool
Re: Victims Of Circumstances by ettehgate(m): 6:40pm On Dec 10, 2007
there is notin wrong for your wifey to be richer than you
what is wrong is when your wifey want to turn you to house boi

looking for job is getting outa fashion too. that is why when you are in the
university, you should go for professional courses.
something that you can help yourself or start something with small capital

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Marry / Success Of Relationship Is In The Guy's Hands And Marriage In Woman's Hands? / A Choice Between The Man I Love, And My Love For My Future Kids!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.