Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

BMW Owners' Forum - Car Talk (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW Owners' Forum (230526 Views)

Honda CRV Owners Forum / Nissan Xterra Owners Forum / Kia Owners Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by raniola(m): 1:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a Nigerian used BMW e46, in good condition...anyone know of anything for sale smiley

PS I'm based in Lagos
budget is 400k
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by godssonibk: 5:50pm On Feb 15, 2015
I have a 2004 325i for sale, if interested let me know.
raniola:
Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a BMW e46, in good condition...anyone know of anything for sale smiley

PS I'm based in Lagos

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by XerXesNG(m): 10:52am On Feb 21, 2015
yungboss:
you just have to love them...i love the paint...i hope i get any of these colours

You said you were making contacts for getting one.
How are you doing this? I currently own 98 Audi A6 i bought in Nigeria. Due to my inexperience with cars and the incompetent mechanics here, everything is sort of messed up right now.

I believe I have acquired enough experience with cars to go for another car and maintain it the way it should be maintained. No incompetent mechanics checking what they don't know anything about. Nd I want a RWD, performance inclined car.

The E46 is that car.

I just don't know how to go about procuring a full option fully functional not-a-single-fault-present one.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by XerXesNG(m): 11:17am On Feb 21, 2015
freedomlast:

Not only the engine. The gearbox as well. Making the demand for those particular items more expensive than they should be.

My e46 has the sport package too, with premium sound. A joy to cruise in.

I used a 1991 model 325i e36 for about 3 years before getting the e46.

By the way, I have the e46 manual somewhere on my laptop, in case anyone needs it.

Hello please I meed that manual I would be very grateful if you could send it to xerxesng@hotmail.com
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by XerXesNG(m): 1:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
Emperoh:

You know, this your advice is ringing like a bell in my ear now as i try to decide what to get for personal use and an eventual everyday run around.
My first choice will be a 325i or a C240 4Matic. But hey, cost of maintenance? I really need to consider this.
Getting the car one off isn't where all the problem lies. But, what will it cost to keep? What will labor for a normal maintenance trip cost me? Normal parts like, shocks, CV joints, plugs, sensors and what have you, what will it cost me?

I am tempted of making a detour to the Japanese that can sustain some sort of abuse, but how can i sacrifice my craving for a German machine?

Can we have a debate on what it costs on the average to keep a compact German car? Specifically, the E46 325 or 328i?
Awaiting your responses!

This is my dilemma.
After using an Audi A6 for close to a year, faulty and problematic as it may be, how can I abandon this German craving for a Toyota or Honda? How?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by XerXesNG(m): 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2015
Please if there are any BMW fanatics, users and mechanics in Benin, I would appreciate such acquaintancE.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Almaiga: 7:36am On Feb 23, 2015
godssonibk:
I have a 2004 325i for sale, if interested let me know.
Am interested send pictures of the Car and details to; allayamaigari@yahoo.com
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by ping72: 12:34pm On Feb 23, 2015
I dey hail all Bimmernatics for area! Please good brethrens and sistrens, where can one get reasonablely priced, new genuine BMW Spare parts in this country? I hear of Ladipo in Lagos. But can one be sure of what you're buying? From my limited experience, you buy used parts, which are usually sold without regards to parts numbers, they are usually on their last legs or completely bad. The new parts have 'China' written all over them and mostly don't work. You try to buy online, the protocol is intimidating, if you're not ripped off first. I stay in Gboko, Benue state and own a 2002 E46.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by ping72: 1:12pm On Feb 23, 2015
d1twista:
Please i need your help My BMW 328i Engine shaking violently and check engine light. Please what can i do?

PLEASE ADD ME TO WHATSAPP group
Please, take your vehicle for a scan immediately, preferably those scan guys that run the software on their system/laptop that analyses the error codes.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by godssonibk: 11:42pm On Feb 23, 2015
I have sent the pictures to the email you provided...It is a sport package and cold weather package with sport seat and steering..
Almaiga:

Am interested send pictures of the Car and details to; allayamaigari@yahoo.com
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lungwun(m): 2:52pm On Feb 25, 2015
Kids, when you save money and finally buy a performance sedan, First, learn how to drive said performance sedan before going out into the wild to impress people. M'kay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vugtSA08aZU
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Shagati(m): 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2015
lungwun:
Kids, when you save money and finally buy a performance sedan, First, learn how to drive said performance sedan before going out into the wild to impress people. M'kay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vugtSA08aZU

Is the car for sale now? I bid N500,000.00 wink
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 1:01am On Feb 26, 2015
Shagati:

Is the car for sale now? I bid N500,000.00 wink

Are you in the Market for an E9x?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by XerXesNG(m): 8:01am On Feb 26, 2015
No advice ...na to go Cotonou o.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Shagati(m): 8:37am On Feb 26, 2015
cne010:

Are you in the Market for an E9x?
Yes, if priced similarly to my bid above lipsrsealed
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 26, 2015
lungwun:

Uboma, you have declined to join the whatsapp group and there are a couple of us abuja owners who would love information such as spare parts sellers! angry

I saw your car in Abuja today, you were moving from berger roundabout and heading towards Utako traffic light in front of PHCN junction. You were behind my red coloured highlander.

Nice matte colour is it purple or what? I also noticed your traffic turn signal light seem broken. I was heading to a friend's office.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by uboma(m): 11:29am On Feb 26, 2015
lomomike:

I saw your car in Abuja today, you were moving from berger roundabout and heading towards Utako traffic light in front of PHCN junction. You were behind my red coloured highlander.

Nice matte colour is it purple or what? I also noticed your traffic turn signal light seem broken. I was heading to a friend's office.

Good to hear you are back to Abuja my friend. It wasn't me you saw towards Utako traffic light. I haven't gone through that route since morning. My traffic turn signals are in good shape.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 26, 2015
uboma:

Good to hear you are back to Abuja my friend. It wasn't me you saw towards Utako traffic light. I haven't gone through that route since morning. My traffic turn signals are in good shape.
Oga mi good morning sir, na lungwun I dey refer to. That his motor fine sha. smiley
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lungwun(m): 3:27pm On Feb 26, 2015
lomomike:

LMAO!

That indeed was me! You could have horned or waved or better yet, jumped out of your car grin

Yeah my turn signal is broken and i have refused to buy it from our local parts sellers at 16k because i refuse to be ripped off. I should get them though. It mars the dashing good looks of the vehicle wink

It's a Matte Grey with a little bit of purple and blue thrown in (Exotic Space Grey is what i call it).

I think I will patent the mixture and get any car i buy painted that way.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by uboma(m): 6:01pm On Feb 26, 2015
lomomike:

Oga mi good morning sir, na lungwun I dey refer to. That his motor fine sha. smiley

Oh my bad. Good evening Sir. Sorry for the mix up.

Cheers
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hi the Beemer fans I saw a Guy hit with a N350k bill for a 2008 335i ECU replacement. Is that the real price or is he getting ripped? and does the 2006 325/330i have the same engine and ECU with the 2008?

Does anyone know how much is the 2006 325 oe 330i ECU go for anyone?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by yungboss(m): 7:41am On Feb 28, 2015
cne010:
Hi the Beemer fans I saw a Guy hit with a N350k bill for a 2008 335i ECU replacement. Is that the real price or is he getting ripped? and does the 2006 325/330i have the same engine and ECU with the 2008?
Does anyone know how much is the 2006 325 oe 330i ECU go for anyone?

the 2007 ecu goes for between N200,000-N250,000...
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 28, 2015
yungboss:

the 2007 ecu goes for between N200,000-N250,000...

Thanks how about the 2006? Is there a difference in the engine of the 2006 and 2007?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lungwun(m): 1:09pm On Feb 28, 2015
cne010:

Thanks how about the 2006? Is there a difference in the engine of the 2006 and 2007?

I believe 2008 was the first model year of the 335i in the USA. Previous model years had the 2.5 and 3.0 M54 engine.

The 335i is also a twin turbo so no, I doubt the ECU would be compatible.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 28, 2015
lungwun:

I believe 2008 was the first model year of the 335i in the USA. Previous model years had the 2.5 and 3.0 M54 engine.

The 335i is also a twin turbo so no, I doubt the ECU would be compatible.

Thanks, I have a friend interested in the 2006 325/330 he thinks it is cheaper to run than the 2008.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Coldplay007(f): 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2015
I'm a die hard Jap girl... grin
I"m thinking of going german.. was initially contemplating on buying the MB C320 but I"m finally convinced I was born to be a beemer grin

I've gone through the thread. I plan on going to cotonou next week with a trusted mechanic...
Thinking of buying the 2001 or 2 E46 330i(for a start)...

How much should I budget? Will 900k to 1M do?

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 27, 2015
Coldplay007:
I"m thinking of going german.. was initially contemplating on buying the MB C320 but I"m finally convinced I was born to be a beemer grin

I've gone through the thread. I plan on going to cotonou next week with a trusted mechanic...

You never fail to impress me. Your knowledge and choices of cars, they way you explain how you drive mehn, if I see you I go shake you with both hands!

2 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Coldplay007(f): 6:00pm On Mar 27, 2015
lomomike:

You never fail to impress me. Your knowledge and choices of cars, they way you explain how you drive mehn, if I see you I go shake you with both hands!

embarassed embarassed grin...
I blush..! I blush...! grin

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by yungboss(m): 6:42pm On Mar 27, 2015
Coldplay007:

nice choice, however i do not think N900 or N1m would do... N1.3m sounds moderate.
i drive a 330ci sport, it roars underneath,very fast and requires care to drive 'carelessly' else, you find yourself in the bush.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 27, 2015
yungboss:

nice choice, however i do not think N900 or N1m would do... N1.3m sounds moderate.
i drive a 330ci sport, it roars underneath,very fast and requires care to drive 'carelessly' else, you find yourself in the bush.

Did you finally get the engine swap or you got another car?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Coldplay007(f): 7:55pm On Mar 27, 2015
yungboss:

1.3M??
Everybody I've talked to said max 1M.....
Just asking to be sure...
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by egesie(m): 8:00pm On Mar 27, 2015
please how much does an "03/"02 E39 530i cost? I so love that car

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (93) (Reply)

Club-Lexus / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.