Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,750 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

BMW Owners' Forum - Car Talk (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW Owners' Forum (231041 Views)

Honda CRV Owners Forum / Nissan Xterra Owners Forum / Kia Owners Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by floflo12: 4:39pm On Jan 28, 2015
good evening guys am thinking of getting bmw 118i 5 door,how good and reliableis the car in Nigeria,maintenance wise compared to audi a3.I would like to know the pros and cons..Thanks.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by scotcom: 7:42pm On Jan 28, 2015
@floflo,bmw 118i 5door is a good car,it has thesame chassis and built with the e90,the expensive component on it for now is the brain box which is still above 100k and the fuel pump too is expensive.it has a non dip stick oil gauge as it is computerise on the dash boad,it is a very fast car and reliable,fuel consumption is very very low,do you stay in lag?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 28, 2015
undecided
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by floflo12: 12:14am On Jan 29, 2015
@scotcom thanks for the response and yes i stay in lag,when you say the fuel pump is expensive,like how much are we talking about?and i would like to know if someone could easily get it repaired here in naija if any issue should come up,which year or spec would you suggest i get.thanks.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by scotcom: 7:24pm On Jan 29, 2015
Since u stay in lag then I will recommend the 118i which comes in 4cylinder n45 engine because it's very good with fuel consumption considering Lagos traffic and other few factors but if you will be doing a lot of journey then u can get the 6 inline cylinder because that is when you enjoy the real beauty of driving a BMW,I can also recommend a guru for you to handle the car for you.i met him when I was having some issues with my Beemer too,and charges are reasonable.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by olamega(m): 10:07am On Jan 30, 2015
scotcom:
Since u stay in lag then I will recommend the 118i which comes in 4cylinder n45 engine because it's very good with fuel consumption considering Lagos traffic and other few factors but if you will be doing a lot of journey then u can get the 6 inline cylinder because that is when you enjoy the real beauty of driving a BMW,I can also recommend a guru for you to handle the car for you.i met him when I was having some issues with my Beemer too,and charges are reasonable.
@scotcom I will also like to be connected to a BMW guru, would really appreciate if you share........
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by scotcom: 10:28am On Jan 30, 2015
@olamega,from your previous post,I assume you stay in Abuja,although am presently in Abuja but will be leaving for lag next week,the guy in question is in lag but am sure u can bring him to abuja because he comes to abuja to solve car issues.when you are set to get his contact Pls let me know.cheers
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by olamega(m): 12:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
scotcom:
@olamega,from your previous post,I assume you stay in Abuja,although am presently in Abuja but will be leaving for lag next week,the guy in question is in lag but am sure u can bring him to abuja because he comes to abuja to solve car issues.when you are set to get his contact Pls let me know.cheers
thanks for ur prompt response bro. yeah I'm more of an Abuja person, but I move around quite much. I might come down to Lagos in a week or two. So its still in order. Well, are you in the BMW whatsapp forum? if yes let's connect, we might even meet at a cool garden to discuss some.........
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by scotcom: 12:12pm On Jan 30, 2015
Am not in the whatzapp forum yet but since you are inviting me I will consend to it.but that will be when I get back to lag,I can only work with my BBM for now in abuja
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by scotcom: 12:23pm On Jan 30, 2015
I really like your post on the 1st of January about the race u had with the Corolla guy,at times I wish I could have the opportunity to show the power of my small German machine but alas we don't have that smooth road and space in lag,may be after the completion of Lagos-Ibadan expressway,we may enjoy that smoothness of road and space
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Pinoralia: 4:45pm On Jan 31, 2015
Hello house, by God grace I will start cruising a 2004 BMW 3 series soon. I'm ordering it from Germany. Pls, I can still figure out the differences between 325i, 325ci and 325xi. And what other advice do you have for me. I have never own a bmw car before. I drive on Volkswagen Golf for now. And what other advice do you have for me?

And what type of DIY scanner will I need to buy?

Thanks
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by scotcom: 5:29pm On Jan 31, 2015
Welcome to the club,first I want you to know you made a good decision to drive the version of bmw you mentioned,the difference you want to know is not far fetched.the 325i,353ci and 325xi carries thesame 2.5 l six cylinder inline engine,but the difference is the 325i is a 4door sedan,while the 325ci is a coupe.the 325xi is a 4 door sedan too but has an extra feature on the axle which I can not really explain because am not a technical person but it's an added advantage over the rest,am sure the guru in the house can shed more light on it for you,once again welcome to the club.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by uboma(m): 5:35pm On Jan 31, 2015
scotcom:
I really like your post on the 1st of January about the race u had with the Corolla guy,at times I wish I could have the opportunity to show the power of my small German machine but alas we don't have that smooth road and space in lag,may be after the completion of Lagos-Ibadan expressway,we may enjoy that smoothness of road and space

Avail us pictures of your Bimmer. I'll love to see it.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by xcolanto(m): 5:41pm On Jan 31, 2015
Guys! I am aware there's a what's app BMW chat group but don't let that kill this lovely nairaland thread. More grease to your gear boxes guys! Someday we would all meet up with our BMW's! The first of its kind in Nigeria! Bless you all cool
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by scotcom: 6:37pm On Jan 31, 2015
@uboma, I have been trying to upload but to no avail,pls if you are on BBM it will make it a lot easier
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by OladeleM(m): 7:18pm On Jan 31, 2015
Good evening everyone.... Please add me to the whatsapp group. my no: 08052323205.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Pinoralia: 11:45pm On Jan 31, 2015
scotcom:
Welcome to the club,first I want you to know you made a good decision to drive the version of bmw you mentioned,the difference you want to know is not far fetched.the 325i,353ci and 325xi carries thesame 2.5 l six cylinder inline engine,but the difference is the 325i is a 4door sedan,while the 325ci is a coupe.the 325xi is a 4 door sedan too but has an extra feature on the axle which I can not really explain because am not a technical person but it's an added advantage over the rest,am sure the guru in the house can shed more light on it for you,once again welcome to the club.

Thanks a million, really appreciate ur comment. 318i and 320i are 2.0litre, 4-cylinder engines, right.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by uboma(m): 12:39am On Feb 01, 2015
Pinoralia:

Thanks a million, really appreciate ur comment. 318i and 320i are 2.0litre, 4-cylinder engines, right.

A 320i has a 2.2L 6-cylinder engine whereas a 318i has a 4-cylinder 2.0L engine.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by april4mee(m): 11:46pm On Feb 05, 2015
where can i get a fuel pump for this baby? its a 3.20i 2001 model. and price please. i wanna fixi this weekend.

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by uboma(m): 9:41am On Feb 06, 2015
april4mee:
where can i get a fuel pump for this baby? its a 3.20i 2001 model. and price please. i wanna fixi this weekend.

You did not indicate your location. If you are in Abuja, you should visit Gudu Spare Parts market. I have the contact details of a spare parts dealer there if you will to have it. Over time i have realized that parts at Zuba market are on the high side.

And if in Lagos, you can visit Ladipo Spare Parts market. Others in Lagos may be of help.

Nice ride by the way
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lungwun(m): 10:50am On Feb 06, 2015
uboma:

You did not indicate your location. If you are in Abuja, you should visit Gudu Spare Parts market. I have the contact details of a spare parts dealer there if you will to have it. Over time i have realized that parts at Zuba market are on the high side.

And if in Lagos, you can visit Ladipo Spare Parts market. Others in Lagos may be of help.

Nice ride by the way

Uboma, you have declined to join the whatsapp group and there are a couple of us abuja owners who would love information such as spare parts sellers! angry
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by uboma(m): 9:33pm On Feb 06, 2015
lungwun:

Uboma, you have declined to join the whatsapp group and there are a couple of us abuja owners who would love information such as spare parts sellers! angry

My whatsapp has been acting up for some time now. I have however requested Youngboss to add me in the group.

But please let's also keep this thread active.

Cheers
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Dsannin: 8:53am On Feb 07, 2015
please add me 08180659902
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Dsannin: 8:55am On Feb 07, 2015
Hey Guys please does anyone know where i can scan my BMW318ci 2000 somewhere preferably on the island or close enough ?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by egesie(m): 2:14pm On Feb 07, 2015
Pinoralia:
Hello house, by God grace I will start cruising a 2004 BMW 3 series soon. I'm ordering it from Germany. Pls, I can still figure out the differences between 325i, 325ci and 325xi. And what other advice do you have for me. I have never own a bmw car before. I drive on Volkswagen Golf for now. And what other advice do you have for me?

And what type of DIY scanner will I need to buy?

Thanks
They hv the same engine size
The "i" means it has a petrol engine
The "c" means it's a coupe
The "x" mean it's an all wheel drive(AWD)

Knowing that, 325i is a 4 door sedan rear wheel drive
325ci is a 2 door rear wheel drive coupe
325xi is a 4 door sedan all wheel drive
All the 3 hv petrol engines, hope I helped.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 09, 2015
Good to see the thread alive and well...the man with the fuel pump issue...kindly ensur the pump is truly Faulty before rushing to purchase another...the fuel filter is a major culprit of low fuel pressure when its blocked...change that first and see. get a good rewire to test the pump for you.

Depending on the seller. You can get it between 5-7k
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by dradoyi(m): 12:20pm On Feb 09, 2015
Pls add me up to the whatsapp grp. 08068785333. Tnks
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by IdaraCHODB(m): 3:27am On Feb 12, 2015
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by feelme3(m): 5:26pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hi all. Good to finally come across this thread. Please I am considering buying this sweet 2003 BMW X5. However I've never owned a BMW and I'd love to know what are the likely issues I may have with the ride hving gotten quite a number of discouraging opinions in a thread I opened. I also noticed that most top range SUVs are not as expensive as I'd imagined compared to the camrys and other japs and a friend says the prices are low because they usually have parts and maintence issues. Please advice.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by scotcom: 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2015
@ feelme3,honestly x5 is a sweet ride,I wish I own one too myself but for now I cant,get a clean title x5 and enjoy a pleasurable ride BUT Pls I will strongly advise you get the 3.0 version as against the 4.4 version for easy maintainance,fuel consumption and availability of good mechanic,a lot of mechanics find it hard to handle the 4.4 version.cheers

2 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by april4mee(m): 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
welcome me on board!
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by bronks9174: 8:12pm On Feb 13, 2015
pls add me to the whatsapp group 08032928173. I just bought my lovely sedan 5series 2 days ago and its a machine like no other. its my first car as well. coolpls add me to the whatsapp group 08032928173. I just bought my lovely sedan 5series 2 days ago and its a machine like no other. its my first car as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (93) (Reply)

Club-Lexus / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.