Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

BMW Owners' Forum - Car Talk (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW Owners' Forum (230004 Views)

Honda CRV Owners Forum / Nissan Xterra Owners Forum / Kia Owners Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Jacksolo4me(m): 4:10pm On Jun 04, 2016
9trogene:
Hello Nairalanders, I am in need of a bmw 330i zhp convertible with navigation. Pls share if u have or kwn any one who does.thks

Hmmm...Oga.so you too like better thing...Lol..in my quest for an E46.apparently i was contacted today on a 330i i suppose..Blue Convertable....wasnt exactly what i wanted....if u wish.drop your contact ill forward you his contact....ofcourse with his permission.

Modified: Here is his number ..08112881911...he's got a blue convertable soft top e46
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Jacksolo4me(m): 4:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
Guys over at the Forum....Go outside and look at ur e46 coupe twice na......

Dont u think its time to upgrade?...... grin grin
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by llamid: 7:54pm On Jun 25, 2016
I am about buying 2004 BMW 530i foreign used. But information I am getting from Nigeria is that BMW is very expensive to maintain and they mostly develop electrical problem except few people that insisted the car isn't that bad. The car is neat and relatively cheap but it has just done 200 miles. I want advice from this forum please.

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Coldplay007(f): 7:39am On Jun 26, 2016
200 miles for a 2004 car is scary.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by modee: 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
Hello,
Nice forum for the ultimate driving machine.I own a 2006 e90 though recently my gearbox has been overheating when travelling but doesnt when driving around town.Anyone knows the cause of this.Kindly assist
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by stremy21(m): 9:51pm On Jun 26, 2016
Hello Seasoned Bimmers in the building,
I need a 3 series 2002 or 2003 for sale, preferably auto.
My number is 09091842916 please help make referrals.
Thank you
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by stremy21(m): 9:57pm On Jun 26, 2016
[The Whatsap group admin should please add me up on 09091842916
Thanks
quote author=stremy21 post=46959903]Hello Seasoned Bimmers in the building,
Thank you[/quote]
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 02, 2016
stremy21:
Hello Seasoned Bimmers in the building,
Thank you

Try olx, jiji, or cheki.ng

Make sure you verify the ad is authentic before you proceed and go with someone who knows BMWs for inspection
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 02, 2016
modee:
Hello,
Nice forum for the ultimate driving machine.I own a 2006 e90 though recently my gearbox has been overheating when travelling but doesnt when driving around town.Anyone knows the cause of this.Kindly assist

Does a warning light come up by the gear indicator on the dashboard?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 02, 2016
llamid:
I am about buying 2004 BMW 530i foreign used. But information I am getting from Nigeria is that BMW is very expensive to maintain and they mostly develop electrical problem except few people that insisted the car isn't that bad. The car is neat and relatively cheap but it has just done 200 miles. I want advice from this forum please.

You would like to own this car if you're good at maintaining vehicles. The 2004 e60 is a very nice ride, make sure you're not buying a lemon
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by jpride(m): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2016
I'm really so happy for thos thread.
I own a 5 Series BMW 528i 2001 model. The alternator became faulty due to leakage from power steering oil. I took it to an electrician who worked on d alternator. After dat, d battery seem to b charging slowly but after some drive, d car stopped. I noticed my battery has run down. The electrician claimed my battery is bad but my still charge when i took to those roadside battery chargers. Now if i diconnect battery head, d car off after about 6seconds. Again I noticed dat my battery light is still ON even after he claimed to have repaired d alternator. What exactly is the problem? Pls help me

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by XerXesNG(m): 9:13am On Jul 03, 2016
jpride:
I own a 5 Series BMW 528i 2001 model. The alternator became faulty due to leakage from power steering oil. I took it to an electrician who worked on d alternator. After dat, d battery seem to b charging slowly but after some drive, d car stopped. I noticed my battery has run down. The electrician claimed my battery is bad but my still charge when i took to those roadside battery chargers. Now if i diconnect battery head, d car off after about 6seconds. Again I noticed dat my battery light is still ON even after he claimed to have repaired d alternator. What exactly is the problem? Pls help me

Search google on how to use the dashboard to perform an alternator test. You may have to replace the alternator.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by jpride(m): 11:05am On Jul 03, 2016
Thanks bro. I will check
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lungwun(m): 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
jpride:

If the car goes off when the battery is disconnected, then the alternator is bad

Also, there was no 2001 model year 528i

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by erico2k2(m): 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2016
modee:
Hello,
Have you serviced the gear box b4?did you change the filters?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by erico2k2(m): 1:44pm On Jul 03, 2016
jpride:
Change it
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by erico2k2(m): 1:44pm On Jul 03, 2016
llamid:
Did you mean 200K miles?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Johnsontim: 8:33pm On Jul 18, 2016
pls add me to the whatsapp group....08029183833. Thanks. Beemer, the ultimate drive
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Johnsontim: 8:24am On Jul 19, 2016
@yungboss,

kindly add me to the whatsapp group, pls
08029183833. Thank you
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by oppre26(m): 3:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
Fellow Bavarians,
I have been a Registered member of Nairaland since 2010 and I stumbled upon this thread two days ago. I must give kudos to sexylogan for the initiative. It's good to have a discussion forum that's specific to us in Nigeria, climate, road conditions, fuel type etc rather than make estimations and deductions based on information gotten from from foreign threads eg: E90post, bimmerforums, etc which became a necessity for me to keep up with trends, issues and updates after I acquired a 2006 330i N52 Sport Package two months ago. My first encounter with German technology came in the form of a Volkswagen Golf Mk IV which I seriously babied by the way.... It's sturdiness, stability and general drive got me hooked! It had to be German or nothing else from then on! I have driven but not necessarily owned Japmobiles in the past and those of us on here who are like me, know that they are lifeless compared to even the basest of German Tech! Nuff said, it was time for the Golf to go and it gave way to a 2000 BMW 323i (Touring), which I saw and bought here on Nairaland through Cityhood.(Really nice fellow by the way!) Uboma might remember the car as I remember he seemed interested in it as well at the time. Now I was driving!!! I have cleared the doubts of many a Japmobile along the Abuja-Kaduna Expressway and you know what, it's as if I was sitting in the comfort of my living room!!!! The car was a dream to drive. This was mid-2015 or thereabouts. As a side note, for those of us who reside in the north and know fully well the mentality of our northern brothers, it was unheard that they would touch anything other than a Honda. Do I have a witness? As I write this however, the E46 is selling like hot bread just coming out of the oven in the north! That says something doesn't it my fellow bimmer lovers? Moving on....I had many an adventure with my E46 but yet again it was time to let her go. If I thought I was driving when I had the E46, I was in for the surprise of my life when God decided to do his own thing and enable me acquire the E90. I sat down in her for the first time, slotted the key fob, put my foot on the brake and pressed the start button......it was music to my ears! The horses sprang to life and were waiting to be unleashed! Wow!! Its been pure joy since she came into my life men!! I get looks from the guys AND the babes. (Good thing I'm married) wink The new adventures and doubt clearing on the road so far are all stories for another day.
I'm here and I ain't going nowhere. It's great to have a family who although I may not see, I know will always have my back if the need arises as far as my Bimmer is concerned.
Here are a few pics of her and the aftermarket rear lights I have ordered for her. That's the only mod I'm carrying out for now as I'd like to keep her as stock as possible.
Again, glad to be here.

5 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Crixie(m): 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2016
Good day BMW men and women,Pls I would like to know more about e39 series 5 2002 model,cost of car n cost of maintenance.Thanks
Cc Those who have owned the car n those who know about the car
THE CAR BELOW IS WHAT AM ASKING ABOUT,FACELIFT

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by uboma(m): 4:09pm On Jul 19, 2016
@ oppre26,

that's a nice looking Bimmer you have there.

I would love to race with you someday if I get the chance.

I will put up my 323i Touring Bimmer for sale soon. I am away on official assignment at the moment.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by oppre26(m): 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2016
uboma:
@ oppre26,

I will put up my 323i Touring Bimmer for sale soon. I am away on official assignment at the moment.

Cheers.

Thanks bro! Bring it on! Which road we dry use? Banex-Gwarinpa or LifeCamp-SilverBird?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by oppre26(m): 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2016
uboma:
@ oppre26,

Cheers.

Thanks bro! Bring it on! Which road we dey use? Banex-Gwarinpa or LifeCamp-SilverBird? grin
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by uboma(m): 10:11pm On Jul 19, 2016
oppre26:

Thanks bro! Bring it on! Which road we dey use? Banex-Gwarinpa or LifeCamp-SilverBird? grin

let's do the road that links Lugbe to the Airport on a weekend when the traffic is less.

Or do you prefer we drive up to Kaduna and back?
I really want to show you what I've got...

Lol
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by oppre26(m): 6:04pm On Jul 20, 2016
uboma:

let's do the road that links Lugbe to the Airport on a weekend when the traffic is less.

Or do you prefer we drive up to Kaduna and back?
I really want to show you what I've got...

Lol

KD and back will be best to clear any doubts I believe. grin
Till then....

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by IkemzbmwF10: 6:13pm On Jul 21, 2016
I have gone through the posts and I am happy to inform you all BMW lovers and owners that the solution to everything BMW is here. Are you aware that a BMW Club exists in Nigeria? I guess not. its called the BMW Club of Nigeria. I would not want to "spill the beans" but since i became a part of the club, my passion and love for the ultimate driving machine has known no bounds. just google the club (BMW Club of Nigeria), follow it on instagram, twitter and facebook. Trust me, all your questions about the brand will be answered. Furthermore, be prepared to take your passion and love for BMW to the next level. I'm just so excited i found a group of BMW fans here......please come and experience what i experienced...........The BMW Club of Nigeria.

bmwclubng.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by IkemzbmwF10: 6:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
My Ride - 2014 BMW 520i (Glacier Silver, Twin Turbo)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Chukwee(m): 5:47am On Jul 22, 2016
Hi to fellow bimmers. What spec of engine oil is recommended for X5 2006; 4.4i; N62? Thanks & safe driving.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Chukwee(m): 11:20am On Jul 22, 2016
Hello Admin,
kindly add me to the whatsapp group, pls
08073115782. Thank you
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by davimiles(m): 9:39pm On Jul 22, 2016
Jacksolo4me:

Hmmm...Oga.so you too like better thing...Lol..in my quest for an E46.apparently i was contacted today on a 330i i suppose..Blue Convertable....wasnt exactly what i wanted....if u wish.drop your contact ill forward you his contact....ofcourse with his permission.

Modified: Here is his number ..08112881911...he's got a blue convertable soft top e46
got an e45 for sale urgently
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by davimiles(m): 9:42pm On Jul 22, 2016
Admin please add me up on whatsapp group 08110219695

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (93) (Reply)

Club-Lexus / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.