Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,331 members, 7,957,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:52 PM

BMW Owners' Forum - Car Talk (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW Owners' Forum (239199 Views)

Honda CRV Owners Forum / Nissan Xterra Owners Forum / Kia Owners Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by nuttyp: 7:48am On Nov 24, 2015
Hi everyone, BMW guys I need your help. I am about purchasing a 2004/05 325i. Have never driven nor sit in one before. A friend suggested the ride as a very good one. Please I need someone to explain if this car is a good one in terms of maintenance, mpg, durability, ride comfort(Hate bumpy rides), acceleration( Learnt it's a 2.5v6) etc. I have always been an Honda person (04 EOD and Accord sport (Hate the excessively stiff suspension)). Kindly assist me, and please make suggestions. Thanks guys.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lungwun(m): 10:16am On Nov 24, 2015
nuttyp:
Hi everyone, BMW guys I need your help. I am about purchasing a 2004/05 325i. Have never driven nor sit in one before. A friend suggested the ride as a very good one. Please I need someone to explain if this car is a good one in terms of maintenance, mpg, durability, ride comfort(Hate bumpy rides), acceleration( Learnt it's a 2.5v6) etc. I have always been an Honda person (04 EOD and Accord sport (Hate the excessively stiff suspension)). Kindly assist me, and please make suggestions. Thanks guys.

The 325i is a good car. An inline 6 rather than a V6.
There is a Whatsapp BMW owners forum i can get you added to if you post up your number here.
Lots of people on there to influence your purchasing decision
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by udumosam23(m): 2:07am On Nov 25, 2015
KayT1:
I drive a BMW 3 series E90 (2007). It's low, when compared to other cars but that's because its designed to function as a sports car. I have the occassional scratching of the underbody with the ground but I'm usually careful about where I go with the car. For me, and just like you, I really cant drive anything else because of the power and control that comes with driving a BMW, you'd hardly find that in anyother car in its class (or lower). Treat a BMW right, and it'll take care of you, that's my motto.

Before the 2007, i used a 3 series coupe 93. It was the most beautiful car in the world to me, till I got the 2007 and I've kept the right maintainance culture/attitude up until now and so I really have no worries. One key thing is to identify an Auto Mechanic who has the right experience and technical skills on BMWs. I can recommend an auto service center, if you don't mind, and I'll encourage you to call them. Exclusive Autos and Parts, they are located in Lagos Isalnd. You can call me on 08055096969 for more information or call Seyi on 08136749727 to schedule an appointment. They have a diagnostic tool used for fault finding and their prices (for services) are very affordable.

I have a BMW brake disc that was added to my consignments. Can you buy them from me?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by udumosam23(m): 2:17am On Nov 25, 2015
Do you Guys work on your cars in Nigeria?

Here's what I'm going to be working on this weekend on my E38

Will be changing the wheel bearing and hub while at it.

You can as well change the brake disk, I've got a new one added to my consignments from Germany. You can buy them from me.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 29, 2015
For record purposes and e46 users

E46 HIDDEN OBC FUNCTIONS

Instructions to access the hidden OBC functions:
1. Hold Trip Reset while turning ignition key to on position
2. OBC should show "Test"
3. Use Trip Reset to select function 19.0 that unlocks all the features
3. Wait for display to show "Off"
4. Depress Trip Reset for 1/4 second and release it
5. With no delay press Trip Reset several times to select one of the following function s

BMW E46 On-Board Computer (OBC) Hidden Codes
nr example description
1 Car Engine and cluster data
1.0 46nnn Chassis nr/VIN serial number (last 5 digits)
1.1 4nnn K-number
1.2 690236 Cluster Part #
1.3 045210 Coding (04)/diagnosis (52)/bus index (10)
1.4 1200 Week (12)/year of manufacture (2000)
1.5 09_160 Hardware (09) and software # (16.0) of cluster
1.6 Not used
1.7 04__44 CAN-version (04) KI-revision index (44)
2 (test) Cluster System Test - Activates the gauge drivers,
indicators and LEDs to confirm function
3 SI Data
3.0 1098 Used fuel in liters since last SI (Service Inspection)
3.1 0231 Periodic inspection days; elapsed days (since last SI)
4 Momentary Consumption
4.0 0145+ Instant fuel consumption - 0145=14.5 liters/100km
4.1 0018 Instant fuel consumption - 0018=1.8 l/Hour
5 Distance Gone Consumption
5.0 082 Average mileage; 082=8.2 liters/100km
5.1 0536 Calc. km to refuel (momentary distance to go)
6 Fuel Level sensor inputs in liters
6.0 109330+ Fuel level averaged; Left half sensor input=10.9 liters; Right sensor input=33.0 liters
6.1 0439+ Total tank level averaged; vlgs 6.0: 10.9+33.0=43.9 liters
6.2 0442+ Indicated value (44.2) and tank phase
7 Temperature and Speed
7.0 021+ Coolant/Engine temperature (2.1C)
7.1 130 Ambient/Outside temperature - chg met 5 pts. 125/130/135
7.2 + Engine speed / Current RPMs 1/min
7.3 + Vehicle speed / Current Speed in km/hour
8 Input value in HEX form
8.0 1d0+ System voltage ADC-Value Hex code
8.1 26C33C+ ADC Values HG left/HG right
8.2 0000 ADC Value brake degradation sensor (000=o.k.)
8.3 18C ADC Value outside temperature
9 Battery
9.0 140 Battery Voltage - 140 = UB 14.0v
9.1 242013+?
9.2 074_78+?
9.3 0011+?
10 Not used
11 Not used
12 Not used
13 GonG Gong Test
14 Not used
15 Status cluster I/O-ports (bit codes) 0=low; 1=high
1st-belt contact, seat belt fastened=0; 2) ignition lock contact, key inserted=0; 3) door contact, door open=0; 4) clock button pressed=0; 5) SI reset=0, for reset=0; 6) EGS transmission failure=0
Status Digital Outputs (bits) 0=inactive, 1=active
1) Gong output; 2) Brake warning lamp; 3) Low fuel warning lamp; 4) EGA lamp; 5) seat belt lamp; 6) manipulation dot
16 Not used
17 Not used
18 Not used
19 Lock Status; unlocks functions in range 3-18
19.0 L-On/L-Off Unlock: press button when "L-Off"
20 Not used
21 Software Reset; reset OBC settings
00 End of test
03-08-2005, 02

Source - WWW.e46fanaticsdotcom
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lungwun(m): 2:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
Public service announcement.

The post above this one does not represent the interests of the BMW owners WhatsApp group.

Going forward, I would suggest no one posts their numbers here to get into our group as the above poster may as well add you to this new dubious group.

For the sake of privacy and to protect you from joining a group trying to scam you, Anyone seeking membership into the BMW owners WhatsApp group should please send an email containing their phone number to
Bmwownersng@gmail.com
Membership to our group will let you gain full access to our group which includes Bentley service manuals for several models of BMW cars as well as a vast network of professionals around Nigeria.

BMW owners group Nigeria shall not be held liable for any issue which may arise from impending members posting their numbers here and getting inadvertently added to the group created by jazzlite for unknown reasons.

Regards
BMW owners Nigeria group admin

5 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 06, 2015
talktimi:
I've made up my mind on the 2001 M 3 coupe, does anyone know if it there's an auto tranny option ? And what's the estimated price in Nigeria/Cotonou ?

Just tell me this baby aint fine
please how much can I get the bumper of this bmw and can I get a bmw expert. Thanks
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by CHARLOE(m): 10:17am On Dec 08, 2015
Nice thread. i use a bmw E36, manual drive, very rugged, very cheap to maintain. just got an e39. d e36 is in good working condition bneeds a new home @ just 180k only! check it out below, Hit me on 08197017588 if interested.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Chaskodee: 11:45am On Dec 08, 2015
Auto Mechanic of The Year 2015! Nominations have started! http://partboyz.com/forum
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by biggiyke(m): 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
good day house,
I just purchased a 2012 BMW X3. looking forward to many years of driving pleasure.
this is my first German car. I've been driving an infiniti fx35 the past 3 years.

4 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by xerotop(m): 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
biggiyke:
good day house,
I just purchased a 2012 BMW X3. looking forward to many years of driving pleasure.
this is my first German car. I've been driving an infiniti fx35 the past 3 years.

Nice cuv bro. Is it xdrive28i or 35i?
Same engine but one is turbo charged while the other is naturally aspirated. Almost same mpg.
Since its ur first bmw, never listen to non-bmw owners. They will discourage u. Dont go close to kazeems, they will make u regrets venturing into bmw.
Always go online and do research abt ur ride. It will help a lot.
Order urstuffs abroad mostly, as u will most likely get china here. Not expensive if u can afford dis ride.
Lastly, dont ever borrow/lend ur ride to non bmw drivers/owners.
Reason: they dont know the value and will drive and treat it like a Toyota.

5 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by biggiyke(m): 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
thanks.
i did a lot of research b4 i settled for the x3. i was torn between the audi q5, vw touareg, benz ml350 and the x3. i wanted the 35i but i had to settle for this 28i after days of searching in lagos and cotonou. there was no 2011- x3 in all of lagos and only one in cotonou at the moment i was buying.
i really wanted the twin power turbo, but il make do with this. im just feeling a bit underpowered coming from a 3.5L 268hp infiniti fx35. but hey, its a BMW, right?
xerotop:

Nice cuv bro. Is it xdrive28i or 35i?
Same engine but one is turbo charged while the other is naturally aspirated. Almost same mpg.
Since its ur first bmw, never listen to non-bmw owners. They will discourage u. Dont go close to kazeems, they will make u regrets venturing into bmw.
Always go online and do research abt ur ride. It will help a lot.
Order urstuffs abroad mostly, as u will most likely get china here. Not expensive if u can afford dis ride.
Lastly, dont ever borrow/lend ur ride to non bmw drivers/owners.
Reason: they dont know the value and will drive and treat it like a Toyota.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 16, 2015
biggiyke:
good day house,

Good choice wink
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by nurudeenibrahim: 11:04am On Dec 25, 2015
Hi,

Can anyone give me a pointer to where I can get a very good engine for my BMW 118i in Nigeria?

Thanks for your help.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by CHARLOE(m): 11:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
nurudeenibrahim:
Hi,

Can anyone give me a pointer to where I can get a very good engine for my BMW 118i in Nigeria?

Thanks for your help.
Go to ladipo
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by CHARLOE(m): 12:14am On Dec 26, 2015
Xmas Bonanza! Get this BMW E36 FOR JUST N150k only! Offer ends 1st week of jan, 2016, thereafter it goes back to N200k. Merry Xmas!

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by refreshrate: 3:17pm On Dec 29, 2015
Driven mercs most of my life then I saw the post about that guy that had his bmw stolen & recovered with only his fuel licked.

Saw the picture of the car...

That's how 6 series begin hungry me o.

Truth is if it comes to mercs I no get issues but I don't know Jack about BMs
Had an uncle take me in his x6 a few years back from ikoyi club to vgc. The way that suv took the roundabouts I was like "an suv?"

I luv speed and that 6series looks like it's destined for me I swear

What are the challenges of BMW ownership in Nigeria then where do I get a really good mechanic in Lagos who knows his onions?
Please all those he's very good in all cars things don't work for me.

Truthfully I've heard people say loads of scary stuff about BMs, I've owned a v6 Camry before had a transmission problem had to dispose it. so I know no car is above .messing up...let them be talking.

Need to know these things before I take the d(r)ive.

Thanks
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by FiftyFifty(m): 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
biggiyke:
good day house,

Congrats on ur new X3 sir. Not intending to derail ds thread but can u pls make a little comparison between ur former FX35 & d current X3. Thanks.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by PtBlank: 6:13pm On Dec 30, 2015
Whatsapp Admin, kindly add me to the whatsapp group; 08130112752.

Can anyone pls recommend a good BMW mechanic in Akure?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by april4mee(m): 8:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
lungwun:
Public service announcement.

The post above this one does not represent the interests of the BMW owners WhatsApp group.

Going forward, I would suggest no one posts their numbers here to get into our group as the above poster may as well add you to this new dubious group.

For the sake of privacy and to protect you from joining a group trying to scam you, Anyone seeking membership into the BMW owners WhatsApp group should please send an email containing their phone number to
Bmwownersng@gmail.com
Membership to our group will let you gain full access to our group which includes Bentley service manuals for several models of BMW cars as well as a vast network of professionals around Nigeria.

BMW owners group Nigeria shall not be held liable for any issue which may arise from impending members posting their numbers here and getting inadvertently added to the group created by jazzlite for unknown reasons.

Regards
BMW owners Nigeria group admin

due to excessive overheating before bmw 3.30i was urchased in cotonou unnoticed i now have to change its comlete engine. pls who know the price range of a double venus 6plugs engine. e46?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by ugoms76: 12:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
Pls mod can you add to the whatsapp group 08185986793
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by ugoms76: 12:32pm On Jan 16, 2016
Am looking for where to buy bmw m3 2001 parts, got into am accident with my car but looking for parts to fix it cos I love the car a lot. Hoping for a reply . I reside in abuja but can buy from Lagos since I got family there. Thanks folks
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by ewons1(m): 1:31am On Jan 17, 2016
Hello Admin,am a die hard fan of Nairaland and the Beema forum as I too own a e36 I love a lot.
Kindly add my line to the watsapp group........ 08061373735
Thanks as I await......
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by edorem: 11:49am On Jan 19, 2016
Hi,
Kindly add my line to the watsapp group........ 08023465565
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (93) (Reply)

Club-Lexus / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.