Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308469 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 7:01pm On Dec 27, 2012
dmoney104: My f1 interview went like this , my appointment was 9:30 I got dere 6:00.
My number was called @ counter 4 or 5 but it was a guy wit blue shirt sha...and my number was A207..
Me : good after sir
Vo : no responds, was busy typing
Vo : why are you going to the Us
Me: To study
Vo : what major
Me : teaching english to speakers of other. Languages(tesol)
Vo : which school did you got your 1st degree
Me: uniport, BA in English
Vo: did you take Gre or toel exams for this degree
Me : no sir because my deree does not require it 4 my admission
Vo: sori @ dis point ur visa !la bla. Bla....
Me: ok sir pls wen can I reapply
Vo: anytime you feel like...my school is (VIU) pls I need ur suggestions towaRds disexperinece..

He didn't deny u cos u didn't do GRE, u were denied cos u applied to VIU. . . . Why don't you guys ever listen?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:34pm On Dec 27, 2012
Anthonymighty:

Imagine me....I almost forgot to respond to this one.....this special one....the Jose mourinho of Nairaland... grin Dr. Imperiouxx himself....you really do well last night o and for staying awake to read my testimony...God bless you abundantly....incase you don't know....I do more of Wiz Khalifa than the Azonto Ish.,... cheesy

I woke up late and freakingly . I need flu medication. Stayed too long before going to bed. Once more for your success, something good about life starts from there. Like Ms. Yvete said, get your full body armor in readiness for the winter in Boston, else you will be dancing Azonto+WizK with flu.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
Anthonymighty: Ehen.....extra jackets.....socks na glove kwa shocked....Biko k'unu gwagodum eziokwu o....oyi ona tu gi nebe'ino smiley. Mamacita na Yvete....Chukwu gozie unu. ..Amin

Mazi Anthony, e di too much. Visa gi juru m obi. Ka chukwu gozie anyi nine (Ignore the terrible part lol)

kpolli: He didn't deny u cos u didn't do GRE, u were denied cos u applied to VIU. . . . Why don't you guys ever listen?
Mamacita007: Bros, sorry ooo buh abeg no be God do am. Accept ur mistake dat U were denied for the skl u choose. How can one person write sat and gre? Write gre and apply to a good skl.

Thank you! I'd be shocked if anyone repeats the same dang information over and over. I want to LMAO for some people just don't get it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
moroh: Just practicing Imperiouxx smileys.

Loool, your first set of smiley was violation....lol

Anthonymighty:

Correct....but moroh....dat first one wey u use....wey d guy go behind the gurl.....watin the guy dey do behind the gurl na.....explain Abeg grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:42pm On Dec 27, 2012
imperiouxx: I woke up late and freakingly . I need flu medication. Stayed too long before going to bed. Once more for your success, something good about life starts from there. Like Ms. Yvete said, get your full body armor in readiness for the winter in Boston, else you will be dancing Azonto+WizK with flu.

Don't fall ill. Go get some flu meds. Houston is cold oh and mamacita is shaking like a jelly fish on land. grin
Did you get the message I sent you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
webstradamus:

Congrats bro ... but why the immediate shayo now? You should still be in the spirit abi all the fasting and prayer na formings? grin

God is great, he listens to us irrespective of magnitude of our sins. Let the guy shayo small and he should shayo responsibly just like this

Anthonymighty:

Hehe....it was a 7 days fasting and prayer tingy na.....na today the fasting suppose end and na today I get my visa.....so I go booze all the booze way I no booze during the yuletide boozing season...,, grin. Boozing tizzy in a bit ..... tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2012
Yvete:

Don't fall ill. Go get some flu meds. Houston is cold oh and mamacita is shaking like a jelly fish on land. grin

It's been a little bit terrible since I woke . I'll check the mail now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 7:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
@ imperiox....and house..here's the point I came up with ..
Why Bsc and not post-graduate:....
Going for a post graduate with an HND in chemistry is not totally possible (pls I need another phrase for this part), this is because thr are some Pre-requisite courses in general chemistry which wasn't offered during my studies ,
Courses like:
- quantitative and advanced analytical Xtry,
-instrumental analysis
-quantum chemistry and spectroscopy
-advanced laboratory
-computational chemistry, to mention a few
And I will need to take these courses because it gives me the required practical and theoretical knowledge in my field before I can proceeds for my post-graduate..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 8:04pm On Dec 27, 2012
dmoney104: My f1 interview went like this , my appointment was 9:30 I got dere 6:00.
My number was called @ counter 4 or 5 but it was a guy wit blue shirt sha...and my number was A207..
Me : good after sir
Vo : no responds, was busy typing
Vo : why are you going to the Us
Me: To study
Vo : what major
Me : teaching english to speakers of other. Languages(tesol)
Vo : which school did you got your 1st degree
Me: uniport, BA in English
Vo: did you take Gre or toel exams for this degree
Me : no sir because my deree does not require it 4 my admission
Vo: sori @ dis point ur visa !la bla. Bla....
Me: ok sir pls wen can I reapply
Vo: anytime you feel like...my school is (VIU) pls I need ur suggestions towaRds disexperinece..

Dmoney, sorry for the denial but pls listen to the voice of the elders and stop being the knife and wound!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:05pm On Dec 27, 2012
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:06pm On Dec 27, 2012
Anthonymighty:

Imagine me....I almost forgot to respond to this one.....this special one....the Jose mourinho of Nairaland... grin Dr. Imperiouxx himself....you really do well last night o and for staying awake to read my testimony...God bless you abundantly.... incase you don't know....I do more of Wiz Khalifa than the Azonto Ish.,... cheesy

Welcome on board but na pako hip pop dey your Boston. Well, they collabo with NY rappers sometimes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 8:08pm On Dec 27, 2012
Yvete:

Eeya. . . chilling on a beach rite now, enjoying the sunny day
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
s-beauty :
@ imperiox....and house..here's the point I came up with ..
Why Bsc and not post-graduate:....
Going for a post graduate with an HND in chemistry is not totally possible (pls I need another phrase for this part), this is because thr are some Pre-requisite courses in general chemistry which wasn't offered during my studies ,
Courses like:
- quantitative and advanced analytical Xtry,
-instrumental analysis
-quantum chemistry and spectroscopy
-advanced laboratory
-computational chemistry, to mention a few
And I will need to take these courses because it gives me the required practical and theoretical knowledge in my field before I can proceeds for my post-graduate..

Perquisites courses for your chosen career. And give your quantitative, analytical and instrumental some reverberations when defending the academic part of the interview. And will like you to mention those parts of chemistry.....stun the VO with chemistry and let see how it goes from there. The most important is prayer and boldness.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MrChris1(m): 8:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
kpolli:

He didn't deny u cos u didn't do GRE, u were denied cos u applied to VIU. . . . Why don't you guys ever listen?
Kpolli my guy, you don't need to be too hard on him. You never got "delayed" once. I guess u don't understand how it feels to be in his shoes. "try pamper the guy small na". Please, lets be nice to one another here cos we all need help @ one stage or more in our lives. Abi na kpolli! I know VIU has been strongly advised against but this guy must have been admitted before coming across this wonderful thread. Kpolli, abeg, biko, joor! How you dey? Hope cold no reach ur side! @Dmoney, it is well oh! It seems gurus in the house are concerned about ur school. My advice is that you find a reliable & reputable school & take @ least one of the required exams. Sincerely, your interview seems to be too short, probably the shortest i have ever read on this thread. But dat guy mean oh! No time! Just Gbam!!! It is well sha!! Although, I won't advised against ur decision of re-applying immediately but everyone can't be wrong. What do you think? If you still insist sha! I wish you the best cos if you are given @ the end of the day, we would all rejoice with you. Good luck bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
Yvete:

I don't have all the academic prerequisites for a masters with a HND so I need advanced preparation in ......... to be able to develop better ...... I would get quality academic exposure to research and ............ that would make me very competitive here. This will give me an edge with good financial payoff in ............ in Nigeria.

You're full of smart neurons, too smart to overlook
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 8:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
Mr. Chris:
Kpolli my guy, you don't need to be too hard on him. You never got "delayed" once. I guess u don't understand how it feels to be in his shoes. "try pamper the guy small na". Please, lets be nice to one another here cos we all need help @ one stage or more in our lives. Abi na kpolli! I know VIU has been strongly advised against but this guy must have been admitted before coming across this wonderful thread. Kpolli, abeg, biko, joor! How you dey? Hope cold no reach ur side! @Dmoney, it is well oh! It seems gurus in the house are concerned about ur school. My advice is that you find a reliable & reputable school & take @ least one of the required exams. Sincerely, your interview seems to be too short, probably the shortest i have ever read on this thread. But dat guy mean oh! No time! Just Gbam!!! It is well sha!! Although, I won't advised against ur decision of re-applying immediately but everyone can't be wrong. What do you think? If you still insist sha! I wish you the best cos if you are given @ the end of the day, we would all rejoice with you. Good luck bro!

Well I hate giving advice, ppl not listening and coming back to cry after not adhering to my advice. . . . I should be laughing at him not petting him. . . He probably was planning to prove us wrong. . .

I am in the "Sunshine state" enjoying the sunny weather wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
Pitying people won't help them. Do the right things and PRAY so ALL will work to your favor. I LAUGHED ...No apologies!

kpolli: Eeya. . . chilling on a beach rite now, enjoying the sunny day

Hmnn so you didn't invite us, huh? I'm jealous for real. Houston is too cold right now.

imperiouxx: You're full of smart neurons, too smart to overlook

You and sexy-beauty are the chemists here. Y'all are so neuron-ic! Teeehehe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dmoney104(m): 8:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
@ mr chris , thanks man,,,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
And to dmoney104. Reformulate your plans, change that school for a better one. Best of luck next time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dmoney104(m): 8:29pm On Dec 27, 2012
@yvete, thanks bros,,I also apprecaite ur concerns and comment man..keep it up...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MrChris1(m): 8:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
Kpolli, na u oh! When the dr himself is hoping to shake off cold flu, u are relaxing under the sunny weather chilling! Nothing do you oh! @ Dr. Imperiouxx, as madam yvete advised get urself some drugs cos we can't afford to see you absent 4 a day, although, you can't be present always. Dr. Imperiouxx, sincerely, u too much 4 our hand & to those who made this thread wonderful, helpful & still promising! GOD BLESS YOU ALL IJN AMEN. @Yvete, how the cold oh? Abeg make you takea of mamacita for us, d one wey she dey shake like dis, hmmm!!!. Now wey cold dey waya our people 4 obodo-yinbo, wetin we wey won come go do na! Lol!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
Anthonymighty:

Ehen.....extra jackets.....socks na glove kwa shocked....Biko k'unu gwagodum eziokwu o....oyi ona tu gi nebe'ino smiley. Mamacita na Yvete....Chukwu gozie unu. ..Amin
Hahaha...Gini melu oyi a ma eji tuo n'emelika? I maro na o winter ka fa no kita? Si kwado ofuma...jee gote sweater, jacket na socks I ji egbochi oyi...oyi karikwa!
L̳̿☺Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇☺L
Arinze chukwu na I nwetego visa gi. Congratulobia!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 8:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
FIZIK: Please, Am yet to get the TOEFL materials.
obinechuks@yahoo.com
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 8:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
Yvete: Pitying people won't help them. Do the right things and PRAY so ALL will work to your favor. I LAUGHED ...No apologies!

Hmnn so you didn't invite us, huh? I'm jealous for real. Houston is too cold right now.

You and sexy-beauty are the chemists here. Y'all are so neuron-ic! Teeehehe

It's not too late. . . School doesn't resume till second week of next month so u can join me in Florida cool . . .

Mamacita is shaking ke, I think I myt cut my holiday short just to come warm her up wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MrChris1(m): 9:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
kpolli:
Mamacita is shaking ke, I think I myt cut my holiday short just to come warm her up wink
Hmmm!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 9:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
imperiouxx:

Perquisites courses for your chosen career. And give your quantitative, analytical and instrumental some reverberations when defending the academic part of the interview. And will like you to mention those parts of chemistry.....stun the VO with chemistry and let see how it goes from there. The most important is prayer and boldness.

Thanks man....so u mean I should go alil theoretical wn explaining to d Vo about these Pre-requisite in terms of the quant , analytical and instrum ..aspects and applications of Xtry ?, .
The most important is prayer and boldness...
(dtz d spirit)
@ Yvette, thanks a bunch ,....I'll edit n digest..bt most importantly I'll pray hard for Mercy!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 9:47pm On Dec 27, 2012
Is it okay to take a school I-20 with 30k tuition fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
Mamacita007:

Congrats! Share ur experience so others can learn from u.
I had my interview 19th Dec.
The hiccups in my application were that there was a year and a half difference btwn my graduation date and my resumption date and I was also applying to a community college. The interview was for 8....I got dere 7 :30 with my dad and mum.
The interview goes thus:
Me: Gud mornin
V.o: mornin....pass your docs....(i passed it)
What is science, technology and society(d course on my i20)
Me: everyone accepted into community college of Philadelphia is accepted either into sci,tech and society program or liberal arts prog but after the prerequisite courses u choose a major and m gonna choose engineering.
V.o:wat type of engineering
Me: computer engineering
V.o:wat other schools did you apply to
Me:uconn and umass
V.o:were u admitted into those skuls
Me:yes
V.o:y nt dose skuls
Me: I just applied to dose skuls to prove to masef I also qualify for a uni but I believe a young int student going to study in d u.s needs a solid foundation (i began to blab at some point here).
V.o:wat next after ......(m sure she was expectin me to say I will return to naija)
Me:i will transfer to a 4year uni to get my bachelors degree
V.o: wat uni
Me: pennstate
V.o:y pennstate
Me: it is reputable for its engineering courses
V.o:wen did u graduate
Me:july 2011
V.o: wat av u been doin for d past one year
Mesadmy dad and I alredi prepared dis answer at home...yvete reply to one gals post like dat came at just e right time)i was enrolled at jsay prevarsity where I was prepared for S.A.T and I then continued to take college level preparatory classes.
V.o:wat was yr S.A.T score
Me: 1940
V.o:who is your sponsor
Me: my mum
V.o: wat does she do
Me: she is a senior manager at stanbic ibtc bank
V.o:gives me bak my i20 and sevis fee form....den gives me a proxy form...and tells me to go and collect my visa today.
The woman was on her computer d whole time. Datz Aw God did it sha.....na ticket I Dey luk for now cus I must start the new year in the states.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 10:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Hahaha...Gini melu oyi a ma eji tuo n'emelika? I maro na o winter ka fa no kita? Si kwado ofuma...jee gote sweater, jacket na socks I ji egbochi oyi...oyi karikwa!
L̳̿☺Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇☺L
Arinze chukwu na I nwetego visa gi. Congratulobia!

Dede.....idi too much......daalu..... wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 10:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
But wait o....can someone tell me after approving the visa....what docs are supposed to be returned back to me. Because I didn't get back my I20, sevis fee receipt, as I take submit am..na only my account statement he return.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
Anthonymighty: But wait o....can someone tell me after approving the visa....what docs are supposed to be returned back to me. Because I didn't get back my I20, sevis fee receipt, as I take submit am..na only my account statement he return.
My I20 and sevis were returned to me

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.